Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with ya Derza. A lot of interesting battles going on more toward the bottom of the depth chart. You mentioned WR which is going to be very interesting to watch on Monday. I have never seen Campbell (I think I have, I just don't remember him....could be good or bad haha) and I have seen very very little of Scotty Mcknight. At D-line, I would love to see Gilbert make it and I know the staff likes Dixon.

Hell, there is a very interesting battle for the 3rd HB. Joe Mcknight against Powell. I think both will make the roster and we'll just carry 1 fb.

I can't wait until Monday.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is shon greene looking in camp for you guys? i have the first overall pick in my keeper draft and i'm thinking of taking him because i need a rb bad. everyone had him pegged for the big year last season, which i didn't buy. this year, though, i have a weird feeling about him.
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
how is shon greene looking in camp for you guys? i have the first overall pick in my keeper draft and i'm thinking of taking him because i need a rb bad. everyone had him pegged for the big year last season, which i didn't buy. this year, though, i have a weird feeling about him.
I think he'll have a good year. He'll be getting a lot more carries this year, more than Tomlinson will. I expect him to have 1000 yards and maybe 6-8 touchdowns. I'm sure Tomlinson will steal some redzone carries, though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope the offensive line stays healthy this year, because goodness the backups look absolutely brutal out there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vlad ducasse looked completely lost
Old 08-16-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Ducasse is really terrible. I'm not sure he is going to ever start for us.

ILB Josh Mauga looked very good as did TE Jeff Cumberland.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Ducasse is really terrible. I'm not sure he is going to ever start for us.

ILB Josh Mauga looked very good as did TE Jeff Cumberland.
Agreed on all counts. Hopefully next year they start to address the OL via the draft, it's been kind of needed for awhile like the DL was and the depth is atrocious at this point. Could definitely upgrade LG or RT, and/or add depth, so there are a lot of positive things they could do there.

Though Mauga looked really solid, possible successor to Scott maybe, and I love Cumberland. Was a big fan of his last year, and like him a lot still. Moves so well for a guy his size, if he improves his blocking think he's got a chance, hopefully we see him in there some in 2 TE sets this year.

Signed Aaron Maybin. Probably amounts to absolutely nothing, but given I'm sure the contract was non-guaranteed I guess it's worth taking a shot. Hopefully he flashes some (though I know that's extremely unlikely), anybody who can provide anything resembling a pass rush would be nice.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, Maybin he can't get passed Buffalos 3rd string LT in practice that is saying a lot. He was killed my Barber on a pass rush move (not sure you call running 10 yards up the field trying to run past the guy so I'll call it a "move" but it is his only "move") was throw like a rag doll. The dude couldnt make it at OLB for the Bills how can he make it with the Jets? Came to camp at 228 pounds? WTF, you had how long to bulk up this offseason and you come in at 228?? If i was Nix I would have cut him on the spot. I am 100% sure this is a "Hey Aaron what the Bills D playbook look like" move by the Jets and when they get what they want to know Aaron will be once again cut looking for a job.

Last edited by redbills : 08-18-2011 at 01:20 AM.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
lol, Maybin he can't get passed Buffalos 3rd string LT in practice that is saying a lot. He was killed my Barber on a pass rush move (not sure you call running 10 yards up the field trying to run past the guy so I'll call it a "move" but it is his only "move") was throw like a rag doll. The dude couldnt make it at OLB for the Bills how can he make it with the Jets? Came to camp at 228 pounds? WTF, you had how long to bulk up this offseason and you come in at 228?? If i was Nix I would have cut him on the spot. I am 100% sure this is a "Hey Aaron what the Bills D playbook look like" move by the Jets and when they get what they want to know Aaron will be once again cut looking for a job.
Yeah, I really don't expect Maybin to make the roster. He's too small to play in the system like you said. However, I really don't think the Jets signed him to just ask him what the Bills playbook looks like. If he was on the Patriots, then maybe but no offense, I don't think the Jets care what the Bills playbook looks like but who knows. I think Rex just wants to see if he can salvage something out of him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Agreed on all counts. Hopefully next year they start to address the OL via the draft, it's been kind of needed for awhile like the DL was and the depth is atrocious at this point. Could definitely upgrade LG or RT, and/or add depth, so there are a lot of positive things they could do there.

Though Mauga looked really solid, possible successor to Scott maybe, and I love Cumberland. Was a big fan of his last year, and like him a lot still. Moves so well for a guy his size, if he improves his blocking think he's got a chance, hopefully we see him in there some in 2 TE sets this year.
Signed Aaron Maybin. Probably amounts to absolutely nothing, but given I'm sure the contract was non-guaranteed I guess it's worth taking a shot. Hopefully he flashes some (though I know that's extremely unlikely), anybody who can provide anything resembling a pass rush would be nice.
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...joins_dus.html

Awesome.

Also, I agree there's basically no chance Maybin makes it. Would be nice to get lucky with him, but obviously that's really unlikely. Next year in the draft, maybe? A pass rusher would be really nice, as much as I like BT and his coverage skills do help the defense a bunch as he's probably the team's best coverage LB and that adds flexibility, he could really be upgraded.

I didn't mention it, but thought Powell looked interesting during the game last night as well. Like the way he runs, but apparently he's been pretty quiet during camp thus far. He really needed to be a good player to warrant them choosing a 4th back so early, and hasn't done so thus far. Hopefully he can pull it together.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Definitely happy about the Cumberland news. He is a guy who can cause matchup problems over the middle of the field. I'm really excited to see those 2 TE sets.

Powell looked solid last week. He does nothing special but he seems like a decent all around back. But yeah, he has been quiet so far. I actually think he makes the 53. My guess is we'll carry 5 backs- 4 hb's and Connor.

I'm sick of Joe McKnight. It looks like Kerley beat him out at the returner spots and the guy is miserable in pass protection. He is pretty much useless.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

The offense played really well. Sanchez looked very comfortable out there making a couple of very nice throws. Keller and Holmes played well and how about Plaxico? He looked great. His ability to find holes in the secondary is amazing. He is going to come up huge for Sanchez this year. I’m really excited.

On defense I really liked the way Kenrick Ellis played. He’s a huge dude in the middle of the line. Even though he played against backups and 3rd stringers, he was impressive.

And Aaron Maybin had a sack!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Somewhat early 53 man roster prediction

QB
Mark Sanchez
Mark Brunell
Greg McElroy

RB
Shonn Greene
Ladanian Tomlinson
Joe McKnight
Bilal Powell

FB
John Connor

WR
Santonio Holmes
Plaxico Burress
Derrick Mason
Jeremy Kerley
Logan Payne
Patrick Turner

TE
Dustin Keller
Matthew Mulligan
Jeff Cumberland

OL
D’Brick Ferguson
Matt Slauson
Nick Mangold
Brandon Moore
Wayne Hunter
Vlad Ducasse
Robert Turner
Robby Felix

DE
Muhammad Wilkerson
Mike DeVito
Ropati Pitoitua
Marcus Dixon

NT
Sione Pouha
Kenrick Ellis
Martin Tevaseu

OLB
Calvin Pace
Bryan Thomas
Jamaal Westerman
Aaron Maybin

ILB
David Harris
Bart Scott
Josh Mauga
Brashton Satele
Nick Bellore

CB
Darrelle Revis
Antonio Cromartie
Kyle Wilson
Marquis Cole
Donald Strickland

S
Jim Leonhard
Eric Smith
Brodney Pool
Dwight Lowery
Emmauel Cook

K/P
Nick Folk
TJ Conley

LS
Tanner Purdum

* A couple of things-

- I'm not sure if we carry 6 WR's or 4 TE's. I went with the 6th WR. Payne is good on special teams and Turner is a good depth guy just in case Plax or Mason get hurt. I could see us keeping TE Josh Baker instead of Payne or Turner though.

- I rather keep 5 OLB's than 5 ILB's but I'm not sure who that 5th OLB would be.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I'm not happy at all with the way the starters played last night. The O-line had problems last night picking up the blitz. We're pretty lucky Sanchez has the ability to escape because he almost took a couple of big hits. The starting defense wasn't much better, either. They gave up a lot of yards. They were however able to make a few plays when they needed to.

Cumberland has pretty much been invisible since the Houston game. I'm wondering if the Jets are trying not to expose him in the pre season? I expect him to contribue this year.

Nick Bellore probably made the team with that performance last night. He looked good on special teams, forcing a fumble on a punt return. He also looked good when he got a shot on defense and got after the QB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-04-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

We cut Maybin today and signed WR Mardy Gilyard. I loved him coming out but he hasn't done anything yet.

Greg McElroy was put on IR and we signed Kevin O'Connell.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-04-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You also claimed our safety, Andrew Sendejo.

He wasnt overly impressive or anything for us. Hopefully he doesnt divulge all of Rob Ryan's secrets. :) The one thing he does have going for him, is his intelligence. Not too sure how much of a football player he is, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Didn't really get bringing in Sendejo. Could divulge a thing or two about the Cowboys, but you would imagine Ryan would have some guesses as to what his brother might do. I did like Gilyard coming out as well, but he really hasn't done much like you said. Think keeping 6 WR's is weird given Payne is going to be out a few weeks with his wrist injury. Also was disappointed that MTV and Gilbert got cut, would have liked them to keep all 8 defensive linemen.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Gilbert was added to the practice squad so at least we still have him. I thought MTV played very well in the pre season so I was surprised that we let him go.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah it's nice to have Gilbert, Turner, and Josh Baker (whose potential I liked & who could come in handy if Terminator gets hurt) on the practice squad. Hopefully MTV doesn't get claimed and gets added to the practice squad too. Frankly I'd take him on the team over Sendejo, Payne, Gilyard, and probably McIntyre too. Six WR's is a little excessive, same with five safeties. I'm disappointed we gave other teams a shot to pick him up.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah it's nice to have Gilbert, Turner, and Josh Baker (whose potential I liked & who could come in handy if Terminator gets hurt) on the practice squad. Hopefully MTV doesn't get claimed and gets added to the practice squad too. Frankly I'd take him on the team over Sendejo, Payne, Gilyard, and probably McIntyre too. Six WR's is a little excessive, same with five safeties. I'm disappointed we gave other teams a shot to pick him up.
MTV made it to PS but Baker got cut

What are your guys expectations for this year? We play in 5 days and the roster is set. I think we make 12-4 which will put us in a great position to win the division (I see the Pats going 11-5) and could possibly be a first round bye. I know its pretty optimistic but I really think were set up good this year. The offense could take a while to click but the D is ELITE and once the offense gets their **** together we are gonna be scary. This is all of course assuming we can stay healthy, although we do have very good depth in some spots (Secondary, D-line, LB).

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game-by Game predictions

Week 1 v DAL- W
Week 2 V JAC- W
Week 3 @ OAK- W
Week 4 @ Baltimore- L
Week 5 @ NE- L
Week 6 v MIA- W
Week 7 v SD- W
Week 8 bye
Week 9 @ BUF- W
Week 10 v NE- W
Week 11 @ DEN- W
Week 12 V BUF- W
Week 13 @ WAS- W
Week 14 V KC- L
Week 15 @ PHI- W
Week 16 v NYG- W
Week 17 @ MIA- L

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, wanted to know if you guys heard anything bout who Revis was gonna be on Sun. Miles Austin or Dez?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
hey guys, wanted to know if you guys heard anything bout who Revis was gonna be on Sun. Miles Austin or Dez?
I wondered this too, but I'd suspect Austin. Dez is getting alot of steam, but I think you have to take Austin out of the game because he stretches the field and opens things up for everyone. Besides, I think Cromartie matches up pretty well with Dez.

I would be interested in seeing that personally, Dez is gonna run most of the underneath and screen plays while Austin will be running the deep routes and looking for the big play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I'll say 11-5. I'm sure we'll lose a game that we're supposed to win.

I don't think Revis is going to stick the same WR the whole game. They got away from that a little bit last year with the strong play from Cro. If Revis was to stick one WR the whole game, I would guess Austin but who knows.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I'll say 10-6 this year, for some reason I just don't have a good feeling about the season. Obviously could be better, I'm concerned it'll be worse.

As for who Revis is on, I'd lean Austin but like 'Canes said not sure he'll stick on one guy all game. I'm not sure that there's really clearly a better WR on the Cowboys and both are strong, relatively physical guys. If somebody was more of just a deep threat type I'd be more inclined to put Cromartie on him since he can get beaten up sometimes just for the match up, but that isn't really the case.