Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-13-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad
As homerish as it sounds, I think we could make a huge playoff run if we get in. When our defense is playing well and Chad is on, we could beat anyone in the league.
That is a HUGE if.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
As homerish as it sounds, I think we could make a huge playoff run if we get in. When our defense is playing well and Chad is on, we could beat anyone in the league.
That is a HUGE if.
We might get into the playoffs and chad has to play consistent we can aford probably two more losses, but then again its pretty hard to get one of the wildcard spots in the afc with a 10-6 record, but hopefully we might win the division. who knows what will happen.
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
That is a HUGE if.
Not to break up the band here but getwellchad that is a HUGE statement to make. Yes you are playing well right now, and yes you have a pretty nice team. But I'm sorry to say that you're over-hyping the Jets. I'm not bashing you guys at all here. But come on. You can beat "any team in the league" when Chad is on and if the defense is playing well? Either you've taken one to many shots to the head or you're seeing through some homer glasses.

I will say that I'm a little worried about next week. We're on the road again out east in the same place and I hope we don't overlook you guys, because if we do I think there's a chance you can beat us. But Chad is going to have to play excellent and that inconsistent running game is going to have to produce. That and you'll have to get pressure on Rex.

Good luck next week though fellas. Damn, we're back at the Meadowlands again. You guys really need to get separate stadiums sometime soon.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on the win guys. I didn't get to watch the game, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them.

1. From the highlights, it looked like you guys had great pressure. How? Was it just overload blitzing every play and hoping the man coverages held up, or was it a mixture of various techniques?

2. How did you guys do against the run? And did you come out with 8 man fronts to stop it?

3. How is Vilma maturing in the 3-4? Is he still struggling with disengaging off the blocks, or is he getting better? Is he being hindered by the scheme?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

We beat the Patriots and have had a close game with the number one team in the league when our team is clicking. I think your the one who has "taken to many shots to the head" if you think thats such an absurd comment. I wonder how many games you have actually seen the Jets play this year.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
We beat the Patriots and have had a close game with the number one team in the league when our team is clicking. I think your the one who has "taken to many shots to the head" if you think thats such an absurd comment. I wonder how many games you have actually seen the Jets play this year.
Ok what I'm trying to get accrossed is the talk of all the "if" comments. You guys are a very nice team when things are clicking but vulnerable when you aren't. If that was the case then Cleveland could talk about if Frye could play like he did against Atlanta, if Kellen can get 100 yards and a TD a game, if Braylon can be that guy we saw last year, if Droughns can produce on the ground, and if their defense can play like they did against Atlanta then they could beat any team in the league. There are too many "ifs" with the Jets to make that statement.

Yes when their on they're a nice team, but when they aren't you see what we saw against the Browns (minus the last play of the game) or the Jags.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Ok what I'm trying to get accrossed is the talk of all the "if" comments. You guys are a very nice team when things are clicking but vulnerable when you aren't. If that was the case then Cleveland could talk about if Frye could play like he did against Atlanta, if Kellen can get 100 yards and a TD a game, if Braylon can be that guy we saw last year, if Droughns can produce on the ground, and if their defense can play like they did against Atlanta then they could beat any team in the league. There are too many "ifs" with the Jets to make that statement.

Yes when their on they're a nice team, but when they aren't you see what we saw against the Browns (minus the last play of the game) or the Jags.
lol listen for a second. I'm not going to argue about us using the word "if" after this, thats completely ridiculous. There are a lot of "ifs" for the Jets and when your team was 4-12 last year, your going to be very optomistic.

If they Jets play like they did against the Patriots, they can beat any team in the league.

If they Bears play like they did against the Cardinals, they could lose to almost any team in the league (except the Cardinals).

"Ifs" hold no water, but that doesn't mean they aren't true.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

lol listen for a second. I'm not going to argue about us using the word "if" after this, thats completely ridiculous. There are a lot of "ifs" for the Jets and when your team was 4-12 last year, your going to be very optomistic.

If they Jets play like they did against the Patriots, they can beat any team in the league.

If they Bears play like they did against the Cardinals, they could lose to almost any team in the league (except the Cardinals).

"Ifs" hold no water, but that doesn't mean they aren't true.
Touche. No more "ifs." Man Law. :D

Quote:
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Congratulations on the win guys. I didn't get to watch the game, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them.

1. From the highlights, it looked like you guys had great pressure. How? Was it just overload blitzing every play and hoping the man coverages held up, or was it a mixture of various techniques?

2. How did you guys do against the run? And did you come out with 8 man fronts to stop it?

3. How is Vilma maturing in the 3-4? Is he still struggling with disengaging off the blocks, or is he getting better? Is he being hindered by the scheme?

Thanks in advance.
Mangini used alot of "Belichik-esqu blitz packages, confusing the S.hit out of the Pats O-line

Didn't watch Vilma, but Robertson played very well, Overall we're getting much more used to the 3-4 and playing better

Played OK against the run, alot better than last time against the Pats

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Mangini used alot of "Belichik-esqu blitz packages, confusing the S.hit out of the Pats O-line

Didn't watch Vilma, but Robertson played very well, Overall we're getting much more used to the 3-4 and playing better

I was pretty sure we used some of the 4-3 during the game also. Vilma played decent from what I saw. His stats weren't that great.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind, can you elaborate? Was it zone blitzing, stunt blitzing, S blitzing, or a combination of everything. Did he just throw the kitchen sink at them?[/b]
Old 11-13-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically on Sunday we're probably looking at a close game, and if it is a blowout (which I think is unlikely unless we have a huge letdown after the big win over the Pats) and the Bears are probably going to win it. But we have two teams who have been terrible in some games and very good in others, so either team could win it.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind, can you elaborate? Was it zone blitzing, stunt blitzing, S blitzing, or a combination of everything. Did he just throw the kitchen sink at them?[/b]
Combination

Sig by Me
Old 11-13-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Basically, the Jets just sent the Pats a different look every play. They looked like they were gunna send everyone and then the LBs would drop into coverage. The just sent different looks and that is what was so successful about the defense.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

common jets fans lets dont slack,
we dont want to start over again.
i am a huge penny fan but when do you guys think kellen clemons will start
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:19 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
The last post was yesterday, it doesn't reset for a week.

It's spelled Clemens, and I dont think he he will ever start for the Jets unless Pennington gets hurt. Pennington is proving people wrong that he can lead this team and that he can still play the game, which was a huge doubt in the offseason by many people. We signed Ramsey just for this alone. I don't see us keeping Ramsey after his contract either.

Clemens will most likey remain backup unless Chad gets hurt.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

It's spelled Clemens, and I dont think he he will ever start for the Jets unless Pennington gets hurt. Pennington is proving people wrong that he can lead this team and that he can still play the game, which was a huge doubt in the offseason by many people. We signed Ramsey just for this alone. I don't see us keeping Ramsey after his contract either.

Clemens will get the nod after next year IMO. Once he gets some polish he'll be much better than Penny. Keep in mind, Clemens looked much better than Pennington in preseason, and he has some zip on the ball. I can't wait until I don't have to watch those Pennington floaters that I'm just waiting to get picked or for a reciever get jacked up, they scare the crap out of me every time.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Clemens will get the nod after next year IMO. Once he gets some polish he'll be much better than Penny. Keep in mind, Clemens looked much better than Pennington in preseason, and he has some zip on the ball. I can't wait until I don't have to watch those Pennington floaters that I'm just waiting to get picked or for a reciever get jacked up, they scare the crap out of me every time.
How many years is Pennington paid for / under contract?
Why fix whats not broken? Pretty sure we made the Coles - Moss trade not just because both were unhappy.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vilma is becoming much better at stepping up and filling gaps, something he wasn't use to earlier in the year. He's still a dominant player in pass coverage, and the Pats rarely across the middle of the field, because he takes it away. If any teams are going to beat us, it's going to have to be deep down the middle or way outside, because we're way too good up the middle in terms of pass defense.

They also moved him around and the whole defense. There was so much motion before the Jets blitzes, and even when they dropped there was a **** load of motion. Both coaches are using motion to confuse the opposition (as Schottenheimer uses a lot of motion as well). This is not a dominant team at all, but as said before if they play like we played against the Patsies, then we sure can be a dominant team.

It's going to take scheming, but on paper, we're not dominant. We don't have the players. After looking at how the coaching staff covers up weaknesses, then I'd bet we can be dominant as long as they continue to fit the scheme around the team, not the team around the scheme, atleast for this year.

And why do you drop Pennington, and give Clemens the starting job? Pennington is still the heart and soul of this football team. Barring another injury or a complete breakdown in the second half of the season, Clemens will have to work his ass off to impress with a collapse of Pennington to get the starting job.

Whether his passes scare you or not, he's still one of the top quarterbacks in terms of accuracy. He can fit balls in places few NFL quarterbacks can, and make passes few NFL quarterbacks can. Both his interceptions in Cleveland were flukes. If you didn't read the weather report, there were 25-30 mile an hour winds and his ball to McCareins just got caught by the wind. The other was off a tipped pass, so other then the Jacksonville game, he hasn't had a bad game in terms of decision making. And after seeing him drop those two swing passes in to Coles and Tim Dwight on the sidelines, I'm convinced that arm strength is one of the most overrated elements for a quarterback.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

How sick is my boy Drew Coleman

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Well he absolutely blew in coverage and was getting burned on swing passes, and that 31 second touchdown drive made him look like a fool.

BUT, he did force a huge turnover that was a big momentum swing early in the game
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Well he absolutely blew in coverage and was getting burned on swing passes, and that 31 second touchdown drive made him look like a fool.

BUT, he did force a huge turnover that was a big momentum swing early in the game
and he had a pick that was called back from a bs flag
Old 11-15-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys check out Yahoo Sports. We made the front headline and are number 10 on the power rankings.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why fix whats not broken? Pretty sure we made the Coles - Moss trade not just because both were unhappy.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want the switch now, I just get scared watching Pennington play sometimes. Maybe not after next year, but before the 09-10 season I think we see a switch. Clemens is a good quarterback in his own right and I think by then we will start seeing some problems with Pennington and a switch will be in order. Not saying he needs to be switched if he continues to play well because obviously he shouldn't be switched if he is playing well, but he's shown signs of inconsistency this year and that can only increase over time. The 09-10 season would have Pennington starting the rest of this year, and 2 years after. I just think by then he will start to regress enough that a switch will make sense for the team. In no way do I want a switch now. That is only if Pennington stays healthy though, and odds are we see Clemens at some point during the middle of the regular season in the next two years due to an injury.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the switch now, I just get scared watching Pennington play sometimes. Maybe not after next year, but before the 09-10 season I think we see a switch. Clemens is a good quarterback in his own right and I think by then we will start seeing some problems with Pennington and a switch will be in order. Not saying he needs to be switched if he continues to play well because obviously he shouldn't be switched if he is playing well, but he's shown signs of inconsistency this year and that can only increase over time. The 09-10 season would have Pennington starting the rest of this year, and 2 years after. I just think by then he will start to regress enough that a switch will make sense for the team. In no way do I want a switch now. That is only if Pennington stays healthy though, and odds are we see Clemens at some point during the middle of the regular season in the next two years due to an injury.
agreed

Sig by Me