Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Maybe it's a little too close to home for you guys, but honestly, Hakeem Nicks is the best option out there as long as he isn't commanding like double Golden Tate money. He's the only #1 out there and when healthy, he can absolutely take over a game. Plus, ever since he was coming out of UNC I've been waiting to deem him with the perfect nickname that I wouldn't dare waste on a Giants player. But anyway, injuries and headache and all, when he's on, he's on.

As for cap casualties, word is Lamarr Woodley may get released, which is someone we should absolutely pursue if he is.

And as overrated as he always was, Brandon Browner wouldn't be a bad option at CB considering cost and scheme fit. You would just have to know what you're getting.

Also, I'm not sure if we all know there was sarcasm there, but Rex said they'd draft DL as a joke. It's like an 85% chance of it being a WR.
As for Hakeem Nicks - Absolutely not. As much as I'm against signing Eric Decker, I'm even more against signing Hakeem Nicks. Once upon a time he was great. A 'true #1 receiver'. But he certainly wasn't anything close to that last year and I don't know if he'll be anything close to that ever again. It seemed like he was always dinged up, but until recently was able to play at a high level through the injuries. That wasn't true last year and it's not a risk I want to see the Jets take going forward. Ignoring salaries, I think James Jones is an outright better option for the Jets than Hakeem Nicks, even with the drops.

If Lamarr Woodley gets released, he is someone the Jets should look at, but considering he has had 9 sacks the past two seasons combined and hasn't been able to play a full season since 2010, he may not actually provide the Jets much of an upgrade. My preference would be for DeMarcus Ware.

As far as Brandon Browner, I think he's a scheme player and I think he needs Seattle more than Seattle needs him. I'd be happier if the Jets just bring Cromartie back under a cheaper deal or simply renegotiate him.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Crickett on Woodley (mostly because I don't think he has the length they look for, though I think for cost, scheme familiarity, and ability Pace makes more sense than Ware) and Browner (I think Cromartie on a cheaper deal is sufficient).

I do like Nicks though, for a few reasons. Caveat being I think with all of the negative out there on him and coming off a bad season, he'll have to sign a reasonably team-friendly deal. So they can sign him to a contract that protects against his injuries continuing. If he's just going to get a huge contract that makes him tough to cut after a few years I'm not a big fan, but I don't know who will give him that.

But there are a few perks to Nicks. He's a big bodied wideout which I think they're going to struggle to find in the draft. Additionally he's historically been good after the catch which fits the scheme. As a buy low I think his contract will be more easy to knock off the books than a Sanders or Tate, but he's been comparably productive even in bad seasons - which is big. And as important as anything, I think he'll fit better with the Jets' culture than he did with the Giants. Seems like he crashed with Coughlin who's a disciplinarian, and might flourish under a players coach like Rex who will be cool giving him days off if he has nagging injuries, etc. Just a thought. Plus he'd be a target monster here. It will be interesting to follow regardless - obviously the FO knows more than I do so I'm not dead set on him since I don't know the whole story and there definitely are negatives. But from the perspective of a fan I think there's some reason to think it might be a fit.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I really wouldn't think any of those three would be terrible expensive, which is why I would want them. On premium deals, none of them are really worth it, but really, why would they be getting those after the seasons they just had?

I think Cro is coming back, but I don't see why depth with Browner would be bad. Personally, I think he's probably like 8th best CB on the market, but I just think he would come at the 8th best CB price as well. My preference would be to keep Cro for cheap, keep Walls, get someone like Shields, and maybe add a young option late in the draft.

Woodley has shown dominance, and I just think when evaluating some of these defensive guys we underrate Rex's ability to scheme. He could make him a perennial double digit sack guy with ease, and I really don't think he'd cost more than 5-6 mil a year. True, I'd rather have Ware, but I just kind of wonder how much he would really want to come to NY. I guess with either it's neither here nor there until they're cut.

I'm just really against Tate. He's such a terrible fit for the WCO, he doesn't offer our offense much variety, and I hate his attitude. Decker certainly would be more expensive, but at least he fits the offense and can be a RZ threat.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Browner well. He's a decent player. But he's going to get beat a lot without ETIII. And he's old. He wasn't having a great year before the injury/suspension either.

Tate's a fine receiver for any scheme. And he adds a top-5 PR to a team that was atrocious returning punts. I might even go as far to say that Tate is a slightly better player than Decker.

Nicks is worth a contract. He's only 26 years old and was a No. 1 WR on a SB Champion (and he played well in those playoffs).

The nagging injuries scare me, but what can you do?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think releasing Woodley will help Steelers' salary cap. When Worlids signed TT, their salary cap is already well over the limit. Dumping Woodley will cover Worlids' TT price? WTF did they talk about?

About Nicks, I think I read somewhere on the internet/media crap that he has laziness factor in him. Idzik passed on him and Decker some time ago.

Tate definitely belongs WCO. However, he has yet to be a proven WR that helps QB stretch down for a full season as a pass first offense. Still, he will improve the WR corp.

I don't think I am all for Browner.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah.. The way business has gone, I don't think Jets would release Cromartie on March 11.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI Schefter seems to think the WR market is going to be softer than expected because of the strength of the WR draft class.

I'm skeptical but it does make some sense.

Also, no thanks on Manny Sanders. He's so average. That's a great way to mess up.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
FYI Schefter seems to think the WR market is going to be softer than expected because of the strength of the WR draft class.

I'm skeptical but it does make some sense.

Also, no thanks on Manny Sanders. He's so average. That's a great way to mess up.

Well, the thing about Sanders is he seems like an option depending on who the Jets draft. If they don't take a WR in the first round and end up with someone like Allen Robinson or someone who's a quality receiver but a bit on the slower side, Sanders could provide a good foil.

I certainly don't want the Jets to bring in Sanders if they go and draft Odell Beckham Jr. or something.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I really wouldn't think any of those three would be terrible expensive, which is why I would want them. On premium deals, none of them are really worth it, but really, why would they be getting those after the seasons they just had?

I think Cro is coming back, but I don't see why depth with Browner would be bad. Personally, I think he's probably like 8th best CB on the market, but I just think he would come at the 8th best CB price as well. My preference would be to keep Cro for cheap, keep Walls, get someone like Shields, and maybe add a young option late in the draft.

Woodley has shown dominance, and I just think when evaluating some of these defensive guys we underrate Rex's ability to scheme. He could make him a perennial double digit sack guy with ease, and I really don't think he'd cost more than 5-6 mil a year. True, I'd rather have Ware, but I just kind of wonder how much he would really want to come to NY. I guess with either it's neither here nor there until they're cut.

I'm just really against Tate. He's such a terrible fit for the WCO, he doesn't offer our offense much variety, and I hate his attitude. Decker certainly would be more expensive, but at least he fits the offense and can be a RZ threat.
On Browner, I'm just not sure I see the sense in spending the money to sign him, even for depth, when you think of what's going to get allocated to the position (assuming they re-sign Cro). They've got Milliner who's going to start, and again we're assuming they re-sign Cro who starts also. Wilson's going to be on the team and play nickel. Then depth guys like Lankster, Trufant, and Walls are all free agents - but most if not all are pretty key specials guys too and I don't think you want to lose all of them. I'd guess one, maybe two come back (EDIT: Lankster and Walls were just re-signed today). They're going to have 10-12 draft picks including comp selections so I'm assuming at least one gets spent on a corner. And they've got reclamation projects like Dowling, Hardin, now Patrick. Are they really going to sign Browner to be a third or fourth corner who's not going to play a whole lot of slot and might not contribute on specials like a young guy would? Seems like there's a better use of roster spots. Browner also just got suspended for four games which doesn't help and may end that conversation.

On Woodley, he's shown signs of decline for a Steelers organization that isn't really struggling to find better players to put out there. And how often do guys leave the Steelers and end up better with another organization? They do a pretty good job identifying and utilizing talent. Plus as I alluded to before - I don't see the scheme fit. Yeah, Rex can scheme around the fact that he's more of a squatty fire hydrant than a big long edge guy. But he's repeatedly passed over guys in the draft like that despite outside linebacker being a need for years. Seems like he's pretty dead set on having length on the edge. And as important as anything - Calvin Pace had 10 sacks last year. Knows the scheme, fits in the locker room, can mentor a younger player to eventually take his spot. I think there's value in that. It's not like they're an outside linebacker away from being Super Bowl favorites or Pace is awful, he's just not a long-term solution. For my money re-signing him and drafting a guy is the best combination of short-term and long-term move from an organizational standpoint. Bang for your buck with Pace (and potentially the draft pick), ease the guy in, improve depth and athleticism, and hopefully have somebody who's ready to start in 2015. If the draft pick doesn't work out, address it next offseason in FA or the draft when maybe the market for the position is better and there's not an easy fix like Pace on the board.

I also don't see how Tate isn't a WCO fit. Pretty sure he had a really solid YAC average - he's built and moves like a running back (believe he used to play the position). Might have been the best in the league. Also think he had a really low drop rate. And as gpngc said, he's a great punt returner which is a huge need for the Jets. Don't think they should break the bank for him and not sure if he's even an option or he'll re-up with Seattle, but they could do worse as a long-term #2 receiver.

As for the Sanders/Nicks stuff that got brought up, I don't love Sanders. I think he's okay. Hopefully all this smoke on him is just that - he is fast so I wouldn't be terribly upset but it wouldn't excite me at all. In terms of draft flexibility it kind of helps - you're okay with drafting Robinson if you have Sanders, but do you want to draft Brandin Cooks or Paul Richardson? Nicks I just think has upside and hopefully those nagging injuries are helped if the coach is better about letting him skip some practices - the Jets have had success doing that with guys like Winslow (and others I'm forgetting). I think it also gives you that element of size where you can take a Cooks or Beckham and feel comfortable with it - but if Moncrief or Allen Robinson is sitting there it's not a big issue to go in that direction either. Ideally they double dip at receiver in the draft regardless of who they sign and get some combination of size, reliability, and explosivness between their two picks.

Last edited by derza222 : 03-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very confused as to everyone's perception on Tate. I live in Seattle and have seen every game he's played in and he truly only knows two routes lol and his route running is average at best. But I won't bash him any more and just hope we don't sign him.

Anyway, very happy we re-signed Lankster and Walls. Maybe we won't have to do a thing in the CB market. Maybe just draft a guy late in the draft.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Very confused as to everyone's perception on Tate. I live in Seattle and have seen every game he's played in and he truly only knows two routes lol and his route running is average at best. But I won't bash him any more and just hope we don't sign him.

Anyway, very happy we re-signed Lankster and Walls. Maybe we won't have to do a thing in the CB market. Maybe just draft a guy late in the draft.

System may have something to do with Tate's limited routes.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Should Jets make a trade with Cowboys for Ware?

If Ware is cut then he can sign any team he wants so making a trade for him is only way Jets are guaranteed to have his service. Cowboys would love to get something than losing a star for nothing.

Cowboys receive: this year's 4th round pick. Next year's 2nd round pick if Ware stays with Jets for 2015.

Jets receive: Ware.

That way Jets only pay Ware a full base salary annually when he is aboard so cutting him won't bloat up the salary cap annually. Jets could cut Ware in order to extend/re-sign Wikerson next off season if Jets go that direction. Maybe keeping both if Jets fail to get Byrd and/or Sanders this year.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I would definitely not trade for Ware. Calvin Pace isn't great, but he's far better for the money than Ware would be with that contract (which he's unwilling to renegotiate).

Jets are apparently in serious negotiations with Cumberland. Would be happy with him on a reasonable deal where he's likely a #2 TE going forward because they draft somebody. Curious to see what happens with Austin Howard since he'll be able to negotiate with other teams starting at midnight.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I would definitely not trade for Ware. Calvin Pace isn't great, but he's far better for the money than Ware would be with that contract (which he's unwilling to renegotiate).

Jets are apparently in serious negotiations with Cumberland. Would be happy with him on a reasonable deal where he's likely a #2 TE going forward because they draft somebody. Curious to see what happens with Austin Howard since he'll be able to negotiate with other teams starting at midnight.
Ware money is no object to Jets. Ware refused to take a pay cut because he could make money more than Cowboys' suggested pay cut as a FA, according to him.

Only problem with trade for Ware is acquiring Ware may shift Jets' focus away from Byrd. We have a whole weekend to check out all coveted UFA. Once you realize that you could not get Byrd or Sanders or both you could make a trade for Ware on March 11.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Ware money is no object to Jets. Ware refused to take a pay cut because he could make money more than Cowboys' suggested pay cut as a FA, according to him.

Only problem with trade for Ware is acquiring Ware may shift Jets' focus away from Byrd. We have a whole weekend to check out all coveted UFA. Once you realize that you could not get Byrd or Sanders or both you could make a trade for Ware on March 11.
The Jets have a lot of cap space, not unlimited. My understanding was that Ware was unwilling to take a pay cut because he felt he could do very well on the open market.

I'd overpay for Byrd before bringing in Ware. They could probably have Byrd and Pace on the books for what Ware's going to cost. Maybe more - I'm not sure how the cap hit works if the Cowboys trade him. And that's not accounting for the fact that they'd have to give up an asset if they're trading for Ware.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

It is difficult to track any guaranteed cash left on a contract but I think Ware has no more guaranteed money left. That means his base salary will become guaranteed once he is on the roster for the upcoming season.

Unless Jets decided to restructure Ware' contract, Jets have no dead money tied up to salary cap. 12.25m for 2014, 13.7m for 2015 and 13m for each final 2 seasons. Plus 500k workout bonus for 2014 and 2015. 12.75m on the book for Jets if acquired.

If Jets successfully got Byrd a contract awaiting for the new cycle begins then there is no reason to acquire Ware as they could bring Pace back for a veteran price plus bonus.

Also, Ware may want a signing bonus for new contract as I am not sure if he would be in the same boat as Revis. Big contract but no signing bonus.

I figure the money sequence would be

1. Byrd
2. Sanders
3. Howard
4. Ware
Old 03-07-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jets going back to a smash mouth offense? If so then we don't need to draft a qb that early.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Jets re-signed Jeff Cumberland to a 3 year deal. I like Cumberland as a backup pass catching TE, but hope this doesn't stop them from drafting one of the guys in this class if there's good value.

Cumberland seems like good competition for a reasonsably highly drafted rookie TE. Curious to see where the money is.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Jets re-signed Jeff Cumberland to a 3 year deal. I like Cumberland as a backup pass catching TE, but hope this doesn't stop them from drafting one of the guys in this class if there's good value.

Cumberland seems like good competition for a reasonsably highly drafted rookie TE. Curious to see where the money is.
I wouldn't be concerned about that unless the Jets resign Winslow Jr too. But I do think it gives the Jets the freedom to not have to reach for one depending on who has been taken each round.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I wouldn't be concerned about that unless the Jets resign Winslow Jr too. But I do think it gives the Jets the freedom to not have to reach for one depending on who has been taken each round.
We should get a sense depending on the money. It's a 3 year deal so he'll be around for a bit. Cumberland on a reasonable deal and a 2nd-4th round draft pick was what I wanted them to do at TE though so hopefully this is a good first step.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without knowing the $$$, I like the re-signing of Cumberland. It also appears that the Jets are discussing FA TE's Pettigrew, Dickson, & Chandler. As well, I would hope they are thinking TE in the draft. Round 2 - Seferian-Jenkins maybe ??? After drafting a WR in round one of course.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Without knowing the $$$, I like the re-signing of Cumberland. It also appears that the Jets are discussing FA TE's Pettigrew, Dickson, & Chandler. As well, I would hope they are thinking TE in the draft. Round 2 - Seferian-Jenkins maybe ??? After drafting a WR in round one of course.

If the Jets sign another major free agent TE, I would assume they don't plan to draft one either in the first half of the draft or at all. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that as it opens up lots of options for the Jets in rounds 2 and 3.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Jets signing Pettigrew. Remember, the Lions have been complaining for years that they didn't have a second receiver option for Megatron for years. So clearly Pettigrew wasn't providing one.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'm not thrilled with the idea of Jets signing Pettigrew. Remember, the Lions have been complaining for years that they didn't have a second receiver option for Megatron for years. So clearly Pettigrew wasn't providing one.
Same. Detroit force fed the ball to Pettigrew hoping he would take the next step, but while his catches were high, he didn't move the chains, and was not a red zone threat.

Makes sense that another TE FA signing could mean the Jets fill other needs in the early rounds. I would guess that Ebron would be out then in the 1st round, making WR more of a possibility.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I like Chandler among FA TE's, but I'd prefer they draft a guy day 2. Niklas has exciting upside and I like what ASJ potentially offers. Getting his foot right and dropping that weight should improve his athleticism, I like his hands, and former basketball players have done well at TE. Think it's a nice buy low.

Supposedly the details of the Cumberland deal are 3 years, $3.7M excluding incentives - $1M guaranteed. If true I think that's a great job by Idzik.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Cro released. Sounds like he won't be back. Unfortunate, seems like he loved NY and it leaves a huge whole at corner.