Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Any word on what the Jets may do in this draft or who they are looking/talking to? If you have any inside information don't post it but PM me because I would like to know. Last year I pretty much knew the pick would be Ferguson, but this year I have no idea in what direction they will go.
Well after senior bowl and the combine it should be much clearer. Remember how no one wanted D'Brick last year until only a few months before the draft?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Quote:
Any word on what the Jets may do in this draft or who they are looking/talking to? If you have any inside information don't post it but PM me because I would like to know. Last year I pretty much knew the pick would be Ferguson, but this year I have no idea in what direction they will go.
Well after senior bowl and the combine it should be much clearer. Remember how no one wanted D'Brick last year until only a few months before the draft?
Exactly, it doesn't become clear for quite awhile. At this point in time (or maybe a little before this) guys on this forum (myself included) were considering choosing DeAngelo Williams with our pick. Things changed a ton between then and draft day, and they will again this year.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly, it doesn't become clear for quite awhile. At this point in time (or maybe a little before this) guys on this forum (myself included) were considering choosing DeAngelo Williams with our pick. Things changed a ton between then and draft day, and they will again this year.
I was a fan of DBrick the whole entire time....
Old 01-23-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Lets not have this thread go off topic but......

Ha! What are you talking about!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:

This was after the Deangelo/Lendale days. On draft day, on there pick, I had a strong gut feeling, in fact I was almost sure Brick would be the pick.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This was after the Deangelo/Lendale days. On draft day, on there pick, I had a strong gut feeling, in fact I was almost sure Brick would be the pick.
And the Cutler days...:D
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was a fan of DBrick the whole entire time....
you are so lucky that the old Jets thread got deleted
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And the trade up for Reggie days and the Vince Young days but those days ended after that test and the Mario Williams days to create a hybrid and the AJ Hawk days to build the defense.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And the trade up for Reggie days and the Vince Young days but those days ended after that test and the Mario Williams days to create a hybrid and the AJ Hawk days to build the defense.
Oh the memories...those were some amazing times. I loved last year's draft.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

last years draft was great, i remember when i first joined me and jetsfan3 were the only ones on the DeAngelo bandwaggo. It took me longer than most to get offf but i still prayed that he fell to the Jets 2nd pick but now i can't argue with Mangold.

Speaking of what jf3 said before though, by the time the Jets were on the clock was there really any doubt it would be D'Brick. I mean i know Leinart was on the board but i think most fans knew it was a certainty. Not as much as Dewayne a few years back but pretty close. I also remember when Vilma was drafted it was pretty much a conclision that is he was there he was a JEt. I also remember by our pick everyone KNEW it was gonna be Santana Moss.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wanted Hawk or trade down, but I'm glad with the pick.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

last years draft was great, i remember when i first joined me and jetsfan3 were the only ones on the DeAngelo bandwaggo. It took me longer than most to get offf but i still prayed that he fell to the Jets 2nd pick but now i can't argue with Mangold.

Speaking of what jf3 said before though, by the time the Jets were on the clock was there really any doubt it would be D'Brick. I mean i know Leinart was on the board but i think most fans knew it was a certainty. Not as much as Dewayne a few years back but pretty close. I also remember when Vilma was drafted it was pretty much a conclision that is he was there he was a JEt. I also remember by our pick everyone KNEW it was gonna be Santana Moss.
I was definitely on the DeAngelo bandwagon too. And yeah, there was pretty much no doubt about D'Brick, Mangold there were a few doubts but I figured he'd be the pick. When we picked Nugent I thought we were gonna go for Miller so I was surprised, but glad when we picked him up later (I liked Miller pre-draft). The years we picked Vilma and D-Rob I knew they were going to be the picks. The year before was nuts, I thought we were going to go with a DB and then we went for Thomas. I still kind of wish we took Ed Reed (I think he was available at the time)...
Old 01-23-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now im glad with the pick, it was smart, but i still kinda am dreaming what could've been with Cutler. I fell in love with him and Vince b/c i love athletisism and cannons for arms. I wasn't as much sold on VY b/c of the sidearm and shotgun and that nonsense.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

remember how insane the crowd went, me included at home, when hobson was taken and we needed a WR so badly. I remember the Kelly Washington was on the board and i would have loved that pick, how's he working out Cincy?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Right now im glad with the pick, it was smart, but i still kinda am dreaming what could've been with Cutler. I fell in love with him and Vince b/c i love athletisism and cannons for arms. I wasn't as much sold on VY b/c of the sidearm and shotgun and that nonsense.
just think of how exciting he would have been though, everyone would just love him- D'brick is fine tho, and Vince went 3rd so we would have had to trade up. Still a lot depends on how Clemens turns out. But Mangold and D'Brick are definately studs.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Quote:
just think of how exciting he would have been though, everyone would just love him- D'brick is fine tho, and Vince went 3rd so we would have had to trade up. Still a lot depends on how Clemens turns out. But Mangold and D'Brick are definately studs.
Really even if Clemens flops, or just is a career backup like some were saying at draft time im still happy with the draft overall. How often can u solidify C and LT for the next 15 years in a matter of hours.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

According to Scott's report we've been talking to Tony Hunt (RB, PSU) and Josh Wilson (CB, Maryland). Also he says that Brian Leonard is having some great workouts. I really think we should take him at the first 2nd rounder to make sure we get him, he's a local kid, and a mangini type player. Josh Wilson looks like a good prospect too, but we gotta make sure we draft a CB that can actually cover, unlike Justin Miller who is just fast and goes for the big play too ofter.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
According to Scott's report we've been talking to Tony Hunt (RB, PSU) and Josh Wilson (CB, Maryland). Also he says that Brian Leonard is having some great workouts. I really think we should take him at the first 2nd rounder to make sure we get him, he's a local kid, and a mangini type player. Josh Wilson looks like a good prospect too, but we gotta make sure we draft a CB that can actually cover, unlike Justin Miller who is just fast and goes for the big play too ofter.
i like wilson but he does rely on his speed to much as it is now. THat being said it is blistering speed and i think after the combine we may need to use our 1st rounder if we want him and that is not worth it in my opinion

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-23-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

After the combine, there is a chance we take Leonard with our first. The patriots mentality of not worrying about what everyone else values, as demonstrated by the Logan Mankins pick, will come into play in this scenario.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
After the combine, there is a chance we take Leonard with our first. The patriots mentality of not worrying about what everyone else values, as demonstrated by the Logan Mankins pick, will come into play in this scenario.
now if only Leonard hsd the nose for the endzone Mankins has

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 01-23-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Usually im just blowing smoke up someone's ass when I say i found something that someone typed actually funny, however, this is not one of those times. BRAVO sir, bravo.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
even if leonard has a great combine, do you really think it would be necessary to take him in round 1? i think he would probably slip to us in 2a

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I would love Tony Hunt! I'd prefer a guy like Bennet at CB instead of Wilson but I wont quetsion Mangenius or his scouting staff....

1-OL:Justin Blalock
2-RB:Tony Hunt
2-CB:Fred Bennet
3-LB:Anthony Spencer
4-WR:Johnnie Lee Higgins / Chansi Stuckey/ Steve Smith
5-DE:Ryan McBean
6-LB:Zak DeOssie
7-K:Nick Folk / TE:Kevin Boss

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
Quote:
even if leonard has a great combine, do you really think it would be necessary to take him in round 1? i think he would probably slip to us in 2a
Why risk it if the team really wants him and his stock has risen to the point where he may be taken before we pick at 2a.