Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-24-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Am I the only one that woulden't be upset at all if we didn't go for Leonard?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Twenty-Eight

I dont care for leonard that much. I think we could get a bush/hunt with 2b. With that said, i really want us to grab Carriker. Ive been high on him, and now hes showing to be a beast @ the senior bowl.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
remember how insane the crowd went, me included at home, when hobson was taken and we needed a WR so badly. I remember the Kelly Washington was on the board and i would have loved that pick, how's he working out Cincy?
Kelly is doing absolutely nothing in Cincy. The Bengals are my team after the Jets, and you never hear anything about him. To put it in perspective, they had Glenn Holt playing receiver a bit this year. He's been a waste of a pick, injured or losing whatever PT he had to a younger player for one reason or another.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
According to Scott's report we've been talking to Tony Hunt (RB, PSU) and Josh Wilson (CB, Maryland). Also he says that Brian Leonard is having some great workouts. I really think we should take him at the first 2nd rounder to make sure we get him, he's a local kid, and a mangini type player. Josh Wilson looks like a good prospect too, but we gotta make sure we draft a CB that can actually cover, unlike Justin Miller who is just fast and goes for the big play too ofter.
Glad we're looking at Wilson. I'm thinking he could turn out to be an Antoine Winfield type player which would be very nice for our defense. Just underrated because of his height, I think he's a pretty good player and would be a nice addition. We'll have to make sure he checks out though based on how things have gone for Maryland players in the past.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Am I the only one that woulden't be upset at all if we didn't go for Leonard?
No you are not a lone I dont think Leonard is even close to being taken before 2a. He's a high number 2 but it would be a bigger reach than schlegel to grab him in the 1st round especially if we could trade down from the 1st and get more for him or draft a guy at 25 like Blalock, Okoye, or Bush who are much better talent for the pick. That said I like him with our 2a pick but no higher unless we trade out of the 1st round and can get both of TBs 2nd rounders.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

heres my take on what ive seen from the senior bowl practices:

-carriker has looked pretty good. in the 1-on-1 OL vs DL he owned basically everybody, or at least pushed them back.

-blalock and levi brown both dissappointed me. they both got beat a lot and werent anything special.

-aaron ross looked horrendous in 1-on-1 vs the WRs, but he looked good in the full team drills.

-okoye looked AMAZING, but i dont think hell fit in with our system.

these are just some of the guys that i like, im sure there were a lot of other guys there that jets fans want that i didnt mention. as of now i want to go:

1-carriker
2a-ross
2b-bush

i saw a lot of WR drills. and dwayne bowe and chansi stuckey (clemson) both really impressed me. bowe will be gone in the first 2 rounds, so i would love us to take stuckey in round 3. he looks like he has good hands and blazing speed, also shifty moves

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27

-carriker has looked pretty good. in the 1-on-1 OL vs DL he owned basically everybody, or at least pushed them back.

-blalock and levi brown both dissappointed me. they both got beat a lot and werent anything special.

-aaron ross looked horrendous in 1-on-1 vs the WRs, but he looked good in the full team drills.

these are just some of the guys that i like, im sure there were a lot of other guys there that jets fans want that i didnt mention. as of now i want to go:

1-carriker
2a-ross
2b-bush

i saw a lot of WR drills. and dwayne bowe and chansi stuckey (clemson) both really impressed me. bowe will be gone in the first 2 rounds, so i would love us to take stuckey in round 3. he looks like he has good hands and blazing speed, also shifty moves
Great insight, I was just gonna say that I don't think Okoye would fit for us after his weigh in. And I'm starting to love Carriker more and more, I'm almost rooting for him not to do to well so that he'll be there at 25, cuz I'm starting to feel like he won't be there for our pick.

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27

1-carriker
2a-ross
2b-bush

Great insight, I was just gonna say that I don't think Okoye would fit for us after his weigh in. And I'm starting to love Carriker more and more, I'm almost rooting for him not to do to well so that he'll be there at 25, cuz I'm starting to feel like he won't be there for our pick.
yeah carriker is a very practical pick for us, so is leonard :D

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

**Trade**

Jets Recieve
2nd round pick next year
Mid 2nd round pick this year
5th round pick

Team we trade with (Middle of 2nd round)
Our first second round pick
3rd round pick
Justin Mcareins
6th Round Pick next year

1a. Adam Carriker
2a. Brian Leonard
2b. Best CB Available

Is the trade even, I'll change it if it's not, but I want Leonard, he wont be around by our second second but is a little reach for our first second so I like the idea of picking up a pick next year and getting Leonard with a mid second rounder.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
**Trade**

Jets Recieve
2nd round pick next year
Mid 2nd round pick this year
5th round pick

Team we trade with (Middle of 2nd round)
Our first second round pick
3rd round pick
Justin Mcareins
6th Round Pick next year

1a. Adam Carriker
2a. Brian Leonard
2b. Best CB Available

Is the trade even, I'll change it if it's not, but I want Leonard, he wont be around by our second second but is a little reach for our first second so I like the idea of picking up a pick next year and getting Leonard with a mid second rounder.
i feel were recieving a little more then the other team but not by much so its pretty close
Old 01-25-2007, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Hutch13

After his senior bowl workout, I'm pretty sure Carriker will be gone by the time we pick. We might have to look into trading up(although I'm pretty sure tangini doesn't beleive in trading up).Also Scott is way off on who he has us picking, we absolutely will not take a RB or a hybrid LB/DE with the 1st pick. We just gave Brian Thomas a nice contract.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4
After his senior bowl workout, I'm pretty sure Carriker will be gone by the time we pick. We might have to look into trading up(although I'm pretty sure tangini doesn't beleive in trading up).Also Scott is way off on who he has us picking, we absolutely will not take a RB or a hybrid LB/DE with the 1st pick. We just gave Brian Thomas a nice contract.
If Jarvis Moss is there the pick is justifiable, but I agree he's not the best pick especially not if blalock lynch or okoye are there along with carriker and bush. Taking a running back wouldn't be a BAD first pick but i think it would be better to take a Tony Hunt or someone else in the second.

How does everyone feel about taking a 3rd or 4th rd WR. A speed guy like Johnny Lee Higgins. He'd give us a deep THREAT considering we really dont have one now (LC used to be but hes more or a #1 15yrd Wideout now) and he could return punts so Leon could focus on being a scatback. Then the recieving core would be awesome (power, good hands, good moves, speed, smarts): Coles, Cotchery, Higgins, Smith, Baker.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08
Quote:
If Jarvis Moss is there the pick is justifiable, but I agree he's not the best pick especially not if blalock lynch or okoye are there along with carriker and bush. Taking a running back wouldn't be a BAD first pick but i think it would be better to take a Tony Hunt or someone else in the second.

How does everyone feel about taking a 3rd or 4th rd WR. A speed guy like Johnny Lee Higgins. He'd give us a deep THREAT considering we really dont have one now (LC used to be but hes more or a #1 15yrd Wideout now) and he could return punts so Leon could focus on being a scatback. Then the recieving core would be awesome (power, good hands, good moves, speed, smarts): Coles, Cotchery, Higgins, Smith, Baker.
i would love a 3rd round WR. i said in my last post, the guy that stood out for me personally from SB practices the other day was chansi stuckey from clemson. hes realllllllly fast with really good hands. he was owning in 1-on-1 drills and in the full scrimmage things.

sig by JETS5128
Old 01-25-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

A third or fourth speed guy would be okay but I'd prefer a shifty quick slot guy to get the ball to on screens and reverses. What are we going to do with a deep threat? We don't have the talent to draft for the future, and unless Clemens is starting next year a deep threat will do no good.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Quote:

A third or fourth speed guy would be okay but I'd prefer a shifty quick slot guy to get the ball to on screens and reverses. What are we going to do with a deep threat? We don't have the talent to draft for the future, and unless Clemens is starting next year a deep threat will do no good.
Brandon Myles is the best overall talent as far as 4th-5th round receivers go. He's very talented, he's just lived in the option offense as a receiver all his career.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The West Virginia guy? He looked pretty good when I watched him, and you're right, he would slip based on lack of experience/productivity in college. He'd be a nice pick in the mid-rounds.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pennington airs it out at least once a game in this offense and witha speed guy similar to a santana moss (a former jet) we could actually spread 4 wide and have the threat at every #1-4. I like a speed guy or a big physical wr but Baker next season will fill that role in my opinion so with a guy like higgins or stuckey the wrs would look like this
coles-#1 (posession, yards after catch, great hands, tough, middle)
cotchery-#2 (possesion,yards after the catch, great hands)
higgins-#3 (speed, good hands, trick plays, yards after the catch, (youtube highlight reel)
smith-#4 (size, middle, possesion, trick plays)
baker-#5 (real size, great hands, over the middle)
I like it anyway

Old 01-25-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pennington airs it out at least once a game in this offense and witha speed guy similar to a santana moss (a former jet) we could actually spread 4 wide and have the threat at every #1-4. I like a speed guy or a big physical wr but Baker next season will fill that role in my opinion so with a guy like higgins or stuckey the wrs would look like this
higgins-#3 (speed, good hands, trick plays, yards after the catch, (youtube highlight reel)
I like it anyway
I know Pennington airs it out from time to time but the results are usually terrible. Do you remember how many times LC was WIDE open downfield and he underthrew him on a guaranteed touchdowns which either caused a breakup, a pick, or a Coles to get tackled as soon as he caught the ball. I just don't think a deep threat would have much of a point on a team that doesn't have a quarterback that goes deep with much success.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I like it anyway
I know Pennington airs it out from time to time but the results are usually terrible. Do you remember how many times LC was WIDE open downfield and he underthrew him on a guaranteed touchdowns which either caused a breakup, a pick, or a Coles to get tackled as soon as he caught the ball. I just don't think a deep threat would have much of a point on a team that doesn't have a quarterback that goes deep with much success.
The Pennington days are hopefully almost over.

Patriots Dynasty = Over

Jets Dynasty = Begun

Clemons will be like Brady.

Great offensive line for ever.

If we draft Tony Hunt, he = Dillon.

Mangini > Sweatpants

We are working on the D.

Kellen Clemons will be a stud in this league. Mark it down.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I like it anyway
The Pennington days are hopefully almost over.

Patriots Dynasty = Over

Jets Dynasty = Begun

Clemons will be like Brady.

Great offensive line for ever.

If we draft Tony Hunt, he = Dillon.

Mangini > Sweatpants

We are working on the D.

Kellen Clemons will be a stud in this league. Mark it down.
lets hope your right
Old 01-25-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default dont worry

penningtons situation is really interesting. yea he is winning games but I feel we cant progress with him in the game. Im probably wrong and chad will start every game next year but how do you guys feel?
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

Default Re: dont worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
penningtons situation is really interesting. yea he is winning games but I feel we cant progress with him in the game. Im probably wrong and chad will start every game next year but how do you guys feel?
i agree 100%. we win games with chad as the QB, but its very confusing for me because i dont think that hes all that talented. the only routes he can complete are timing patterns, because on any other route it will be either swatted down or intercepted because it hangs in the air too long. he also takes a lot of sacks because he is so slow. despite all these negativites he still finds ways to win. i like chad and hes the best were gonna be able to do at QB for a few years, but i dont know if well ever go deep into the playoffs with him.

sig by JETS5128
Old 01-25-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

i gave a senior bowl update the other day, and heres the only name that i have from today's senior bowl practices:

jason hill

jason hill is a WR from washington state, who completely re-wrote the pac-10 record books. he is #2 in history in pac-10 receiving TDs, and near the top in many other categories. his sophmore and junior years he tore it up, and his senior year he had some nagging injuries. if not for being hurt, he would be first in basically every category. i saw a thing on NFL network today as they reviewed today's drills, and they had 5 minutes just on jason hill. he is most known for running perfectly precise routes, going up and getting the ball becus he has some of the best hands in the country, and also his run blocking (at washington state they stress that the WRs run block on every play if they dont get the ball. they showed highlights of his run blocking, and he was blowing up LBs and CBs with ease. you all know how good coles is at runblocking, hill blows him out of the water). they also had an interview with him, and he is all about team. think of the exact opposite of T.O. he is the biggest team player ive ever seen. jason hill is going to be a phenomenal WR in the nfl, and he fits the mangini mold perfectly.

1-carriker (amazing week at the senior bowl, a lot of buzz about him)
2a-aaron ross (bad in drills, good in the scrimmages)
2b-bush
3-jason hill (most impressive player at the senior bowl in my opinion. has so much potential. going to be a star)

sig by JETS5128
Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default dont worry

The reason Chad looks good is because the defense holds the fort and everyone is able to something on the short slant routes. We acknoledge pennington for his accuracy and management of the game, but, he's not that accurrate and the management credit should be given to the coaching staff. The problem is if he brings in Kellen and he flops, Mangini will get decked on.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.
Default Re: dont worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
The reason Chad looks good is because the defense holds the fort and everyone is able to something on the short slant routes. We acknoledge pennington for his accuracy and management of the game, but, he's not that accurrate and the management credit should be given to the coaching staff. The problem is if he brings in Kellen and he flops, Mangini will get decked on.
i wanna see Clemens take the majority of snaps in the preseason, then have chad start the season- if he gets off to a bad start then we bring in Kellen

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote