Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-12-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Quote:
He gave us Clements because it's more probable we get him than Samuel, and Mangini can most likely be able to groom Clements to being as good as Samuel, look at Bellichek's DBs from the past (Law, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel...etc). And I agree Coleman is so much better than Smith, I love Coleman and I met him once! :D It is indeed a great Jets offseason, but wishful thinking. I love it though.
i think samuel will be much easier to get because mangini coached samuel. samuel has said that he would love to play for mangini.
Samuel is MUCH more expensive though.
i doubt that, they'll both be expensive, but check out what scott wright had to say on the nfldc homepage in ask nfldc
where is this? i've been looking....link

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He gave us Clements because it's more probable we get him than Samuel, and Mangini can most likely be able to groom Clements to being as good as Samuel, look at Bellichek's DBs from the past (Law, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel...etc). And I agree Coleman is so much better than Smith, I love Coleman and I met him once! :D It is indeed a great Jets offseason, but wishful thinking. I love it though.
i think samuel will be much easier to get because mangini coached samuel. samuel has said that he would love to play for mangini.
Samuel is MUCH more expensive though.
i doubt that, they'll both be expensive, but check out what scott wright had to say on the nfldc homepage in ask nfldc
What about it? Brady Quinn?
Old 02-12-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
kafb86

o wait sorry, i meant in his blog, the thing about nate clements
Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

everyones writing off carriker as a top 20 pick, so i hope that we go tyler in round 1. in round 2 i want tony hunt, and then a CB with pick 2b. who do you guys like best for a 2b CB?

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Petitgout a 3 year deal to play RT. You won't be disappointed.

He was an All Pro RT, he can still be a very very good RT. And staying put is something he'd be very interested in, so NYJ is definately a possibility.

I know Hobson played well, but do you think the Jets would make a push for a guy like Anthony Spencer as a long term solution?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
everyones writing off carriker as a top 20 pick, so i hope that we go tyler in round 1. in round 2 i want tony hunt, and then a CB with pick 2b. who do you guys like best for a 2b CB?
honestly, i dont want tony hunt. IMO, i either want AP or Lynch in the 1st if available, or bush with pick 2b. other than that, i think we should take somebody like deshawyn wynn from florida in day 2. however, if pittman or hunt fell to us in round 3, i wouldnt mind it. i dont think hunt will be great in the pros, and honestly dont see him as that much of an upgrade over cedric houston, and if he even is better, not worthy of that high of a pick. also, i think if were planning on getting an rb in round 2, if bush isnt there, trade for thomas jones, michael turner, or somebody else available. on the subject of michael bush, i tihnk taking him round 2 would be a great pick. without the injury, he would be a 1st round pick no doubt, and would be the 2nd or 3rd rb in the draft. his injury was in september, so hell have much time to heal. if he posts good numbers at the combine, and seems ok, than i think we should take him with pick 2a, and defintiely at 2b if hes there.

and as for 2b corners, i tihnk maybe josh wilson, fred bennet, tarnard jackson, eric wright, david irons, are all possiblities.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
honestly, i dont want tony hunt. IMO, i either want AP or Lynch in the 1st if available, or bush with pick 2b. other than that, i think we should take somebody like deshawyn wynn from florida in day 2. however, if pittman or hunt fell to us in round 3, i wouldnt mind it. i dont think hunt will be great in the pros, and honestly dont see him as that much of an upgrade over cedric houston, and if he even is better, not worthy of that high of a pick. also, i think if were planning on getting an rb in round 2, if bush isnt there, trade for thomas jones, michael turner, or somebody else available. on the subject of michael bush, i tihnk taking him round 2 would be a great pick. without the injury, he would be a 1st round pick no doubt, and would be the 2nd or 3rd rb in the draft. his injury was in september, so hell have much time to heal. if he posts good numbers at the combine, and seems ok, than i think we should take him with pick 2a, and defintiely at 2b if hes there.

and as for 2b corners, i tihnk maybe josh wilson, fred bennet, tarnard jackson, eric wright, david irons, are all possiblities.
I think we go for Leonard who is going to light it up after the combine, Hunt would be a decent selection, or a guy like Wynn Day 2. I really like Wynn. Tyler has a huge chance of busting and has no character at all, there's really no point even discussing him because the odds of us taking him are so miniscule. Carriker would be amazing but I think he's gone. And I really think Hughes as a good special teamer with a solid attitude is definitely a possible fit for this team because he's a guy who can contribute in more than one part of the game.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ic.php?t=35422

i made this mock myself, and surprisingly i'm still not all that happy with the Jets draft. Tell me what you guys think.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really am not a big fan of the Moses pick because I really don't like Moses as a player and I think we have bigger needs. If we get stuck there, I think we trade down. The Tyler pick is okay but I doubt Tangini touches him and the high bust factor scares me. Leonard pick is solid, and I really like the Ramirez pick.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
I really am not a big fan of the Moses pick because I really don't like Moses as a player and I think we have bigger needs. If we get stuck there, I think we trade down. The Tyler pick is okay but I doubt Tangini touches him and the high bust factor scares me. Leonard pick is solid, and I really like the Ramirez pick.
yeah the moses pick really had me. I was sitting there and just thinking for a good 5 minutes. I figured if we got stuck there with a no trade situation we'd go either a rush backer or tyler and that is to high for tyler so we got stuck with moses. It made me angry.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 02-13-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Give Petitgout a 3 year deal to play RT. You won't be disappointed.

He was an All Pro RT, he can still be a very very good RT. And staying put is something he'd be very interested in, so NYJ is definately a possibility.

I know Hobson played well, but do you think the Jets would make a push for a guy like Anthony Spencer as a long term solution?
I think Hobson may get a chance to see if he can move inside if we pick up a guy like Spencer, but I doubt we go Spencer. Namely because I don't see us trading up for him and I really doubt he's available at 25. If he's there, who knows? But if he rises as much as some (I being one of them) think he could, we'd have to give up a lot to get a shot at him and I think we have too many needs on both sides of the ball to do that.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
yeah the moses pick really had me. I was sitting there and just thinking for a good 5 minutes. I figured if we got stuck there with a no trade situation we'd go either a rush backer or tyler and that is to high for tyler so we got stuck with moses. It made me angry.
I dislike the Moses pick but I like all the others. If it came down to that situation, I would love a trade down.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
I know they're all stretches but Chris Houston is a possibility there, and Blaylock and Weddle are maybes but I've good on Blaylock after the Senior Bowl and it would be tough to find a place to play Weddle. I think his versatility is attractive though.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dislike the Moses pick but I like all the others. If it came down to that situation, I would love a trade down.
i agree but if i tried to do trades in that mock with all the time i spend on analysis....i think my brain would explode

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
DDsradddar

Quote:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35422

i made this mock myself, and surprisingly i'm still not all that happy with the Jets draft. Tell me what you guys think.
Quinn dropping to 9th, lol, we need a running back, are defense was great at the end of the year, he need to start drafting offense in the draft for the next couple of years, we need a running back this year and a wide reciever next year.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBOY21
Quote:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35422

Quinn dropping to 9th, lol, we need a running back, are defense was great at the end of the year, he need to start drafting offense in the draft for the next couple of years, we need a running back this year and a wide reciever next year.
Welcome to the boards, I strongly disagree with you there. I say we go defensive than RB.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to announce in the Forum Mock, I signed both Tully Banta-Cain and Asante Samuel!!!

I am thinking of tradfing up and taking Marshawn Lynch, anyone think I should? It'd take or 1st and late 2nd (I think).

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Did you guys do more than that one ESPN ticker thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Did you guys do more than that one ESPN ticker thing?
yeah we did a few, and also my reasoning in my email I felt was sufficient

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Dre Bly for a 3rd round pick?? yes or no

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Nah, we can find a guy that will fit our scheme in the second or third and whoever it is will be much younger than Bly. Just my opinion.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Dre Bly for a 3rd round pick?? yes or no
3rd round, yes. anything more, no.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dre Bly? He's terrible and old, don't trade anything for him.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

dre aint that bad. i think a third isnt to bad for him.
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
dre aint that bad. i think a third isnt to bad for him.
Dre isn't that bad but he's 30. I'd rather get a younger guy than just take an old guy who will continue to go downhill fast. If we're trying to build a future Super Bowl team you do that through the draft, and to do it you have to stockpile picks on day 1. I would not give up a third for Dre. Maybe a guy 25 or under I'd give up a first day pick for, but anything outside of that I'd rather fill the need through the draft.