Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-14-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Dre Bly for a 3rd round pick?? yes or no
in a second, hes a great man-to-man shut down corner...i would maybe even do our 2b pick but only if its on draft day and hes better than anybdoyh left there
Old 02-14-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
Quote:
in a second, hes a great man-to-man shut down corner...i would maybe even do our 2b pick but only if its on draft day and hes better than anybdoyh left there
Agreed that hes a good man-to-man corner, but he also takes a lot of gambles. And our scheme is mostly not man to man, mostly zone (if I'm correct) so even though hes good we can definately draft someone to better fit our scheme. I may be the only one, but I think that Daymeion Hughes would be a very good fit and would be a logical 2a pick, if hes still available.

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed that hes a good man-to-man corner, but he also takes a lot of gambles. And our scheme is mostly not man to man, mostly zone (if I'm correct) so even though hes good we can definately draft someone to better fit our scheme. I may be the only one, but I think that Daymeion Hughes would be a very good fit and would be a logical 2a pick, if hes still available.
You are not the only one, I've been saying I like Hughes for a while now. If we pass on him at 2a I'll be very disappointed.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal
Quote:
Quote:
You are not the only one, I've been saying I like Hughes for a while now. If we pass on him at 2a I'll be very disappointed.
depends on whos left, and who we take in the first round... i would love hughes as a 2a pick, but 1. idk if hell be left, 2. if theres better peoele, i wouldnt be dissapointed passing up on him

which corner would you guys rather...bly for a 3rd round pick? or hughes as the 2a pick?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hughes at 2a without a doubt.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Hughes at 2a without a doubt.
i wouldnt say without a doubt, i mean cmon, blys an animal, and im sure we can get a much better player with the 2a pick than the 3 pick, and yeah i no blys like 9 years older or w/e but hes already polished and still has a good 5-6 years left in him and hes proven, we dk how hughes will be
Old 02-15-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hate scott's new mock for us. he has us taking moses in round 1. hell prob play OLB in the nfl, and i am totally against taking an OLB on day 1. then he has us taking mebane with 2a, which i dont hate but i dont love either. hes not big enough for a NT, but he does look like he could be decent. then with 2b he has us taking irons which i HATE. i dont think hes gonna be good at all. i still think we go:

1-carriker/tyler
2a-chris houston
2b-hunt

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Hutch13

I don't see the need for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. Didn't we just give BT a big contract to play that position? If a 3-4 DT isn't there, we should go CB or OL. I guess it depends on who drops to us. Let's say a Jarrett or Lynch drop( ala USC's other RB lastyear) then we would have to look.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Hutch13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
i hate scott's new mock for us. he has us taking moses in round 1. hell prob play OLB in the nfl, and i am totally against taking an OLB on day 1. then he has us taking mebane with 2a, which i dont hate but i dont love either. hes not big enough for a NT, but he does look like he could be decent. then with 2b he has us taking irons which i HATE. i dont think hes gonna be good at all. i still think we go:

1-carriker/tyler
2a-chris houston
2b-hunt
Unfortunately Carriker will be gone. He is flying up the board.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4
I don't see the need for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. Didn't we just give BT a big contract to play that position? If a 3-4 DT isn't there, we should go CB or OL. I guess it depends on who drops to us. Let's say a Jarrett or Lynch drop( ala USC's other RB lastyear) then we would have to look.
Lendale White. There was a time when one said Lendale was a possibility 4th overall.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
kafb86

i hate scotts mock for the jets
round 1- i dont think moses is a horrble pick because of whos left, but idk if i see him fitting with the jets
round 2a-horrible pick, horrible value there, i think with so many DTs coming off the board we should go CB there
roudn 2b-i hate irons, the last thing we need is another injury prone rb, he had only 1 good year in college, and he doesnt really compliment leon, and especially when bush is there who in my opinion is probably the most underapreciated players in this draft
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I disagree

Quote:
round 1- i dont think moses is a horrble pick because of whos left, but idk if i see him fitting with the jets
I can't say that I'm a big fan of his, but the Jets need a passrusher and Moses is a pass rusher. Plus how cool would it sound to say that Abraham was replaced with Moses :P

Quote:
round 2a-horrible pick, horrible value there, i think with so many DTs coming off the board we should go CB there
Mebane has the tools and skills needed to develop into a NT in the future. Is the value perfect? no. but if they could pick up a NT for the future in the second round then I'd be happy with it. Even if he doesn't start he would be a valueable and versatile player on the defensive line. NT is an incredibly demaning position and the starters only play about 60% of the snaps as it is.

Cornerback is hardly enough of a need to be considered a necessity pick.

Quote:
roudn 2b-i hate irons, the last thing we need is another injury prone rb, he had only 1 good year in college, and he doesnt really compliment leon, and especially when bush is there who in my opinion is probably the most underapreciated players in this draft
You claim to hate Iron because he is an injury prone runningback, yet you glorify the most injury prone runningback in the draft. Bush is a 6-3 250lb runningback that runs too high, and is coming off of a serious leg injury as it is. If that doesn't scream injury prone I don't know what does.

Kenny Irons has some Curtis Martin in him. He's a little undersized but he plays like he's 20lbs heavier. Martin suffered from inuries throughout his career also, but he grinded his way through him as though he was healthy.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
kafb86

about the bush v. irons thing, i no it was very hypocritcal about irons being injury prone and then praising bush, but i think bush is just so much better and fits the team so much better, and i think bush is worth the injury problems but i dont think irons is
Old 02-15-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
about the bush v. irons thing, i no it was very hypocritcal about irons being injury prone and then praising bush, but i think bush is just so much better and fits the team so much better, and i think bush is worth the injury problems but i dont think irons is
I'm curious as to why you think Bush is a better fit for the team. I really don't like Moses as a player and would prefer not to go with a 3-4 OLB but if it's BPA I wouldn't care. In that case I don't like the Moses pick though. Otherwise I think Zim's analysis was money.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Quote:
I'm curious as to why you think Bush is a better fit for the team. I really don't like Moses as a player and would prefer not to go with a 3-4 OLB but if it's BPA I wouldn't care. In that case I don't like the Moses pick though. Otherwise I think Zim's analysis was money.
Bush is a bigger, stronger runner than Irons, but they have about the same speed (same timed speed). also, bush is more productive and more of a game changer/difference maker. also, i think the bush-washington tandem would be great. it would be the jets version of thunder and lightning, except this one would actually work.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bush is a bigger, stronger runner than Irons, but they have about the same speed (same timed speed). also, bush is more productive and more of a game changer/difference maker. also, i think the bush-washington tandem would be great. it would be the jets version of thunder and lightning, except this one would actually work.
Bush is NOT a power runner, don't assume he is just because he's 250. Bush is a 250 lb back that runs like he's 200 (he tries to run around people, not over them), Irons is a 200 lb back that runs like he's 225. And Bush is coming off a more serious injury than Irons is. Not that I really prefer Irons a ton, but I'm not a big Bush fan either. Lots of Jets fans tend to overrate him, he's not the kind of back you'd expect just by looking at his measurables.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The jets dont really need a 3-4 OLB, they need a situational pass rusher (i.e. Mark Anderson). I wouldnt totally rule out Moses, though.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
C-Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
The jets dont really need a 3-4 OLB, they need a situational pass rusher (i.e. Mark Anderson). I wouldnt totally rule out Moses, though.
agree 100% on that...i def love the idea of alama-francis...i remember watching a bunch of hawaii games cuase my roomate was huge on colt brennan this year and besides the fullback who i kept confusing as an offensive lineman the person who really shocked me was alama-francis...after only playing a few years of serious football the kids a defensive captain and a physical beast...i generally dont like using the term terrific upside but for our third rounder i really feel he could be the person to groom as the new DE and replace kimo...and who knows with his physical tools and apparant amazing work ethic could replace him by season opener or midseason...and his father was a decent nfl player so u got that pedigree nonsense some people value..which is nice
Old 02-15-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
C-Thomas

and from the quotes after seasons end it doesnt seem like dre bly would be too high a priority for the jets...as i remember hearing we plan on building through the draft more times than anything else really....i mean i wouldnt mind having him on our team but i dont like the idea of giving up anything to get him
Old 02-15-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We signed another Patriots coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2766781

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2
We signed another Patriots coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2766781
It's official-

Patriots= Jets feeder team

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did you guys hear, Asante Samuel got Franchised. I guess should look into Nate Clements now.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Did you guys hear, Asante Samuel got Franchised. I guess should look into Nate Clements now.
whered you ehar that? i heard about briggs, not asante
Old 02-16-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Samuel was really the only high priced free agent cornerback that I really would've liked on the Jets due to his familiarty with the scheme and coaches. Clements doesn't have that experience and will undoubtedly have a very big price tag. Free agent cornerbacks are hardly worth what you have to pay them.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since Dewayne Robertson is nearing the end of his rookie contract do you think the Jets are open for trade offers for him? I've heard that while he is a good DT he just doesn't fit the NT profile. So what would it take to trade for him? A first rounder?
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote