Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-24-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How about this ideal situation.

Sign Adalius Thomas and trade 2a. and a future 3rd for Casey Hampton.

Draft:

1. Trade down with the Buccs for there 2 seconds

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith
Old 02-24-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If anyone would like to help me in the FM, just IM me. Frogstomp has seemed to disappear, so I need help with our upcomming pick!

So far, I signed Asante Samuel and Tully Banta-Cain via FA, and draft Justin Blalock. Next I am thinking of taking Sydney Rice or Quentin Moses. Then at 2b, I'd take Irons or Bush.

Who should I take now, Moses or Rice (or someone else)

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith
If that happened, wow, we would be amazing. However, i would rather a different RB than Hunt, whether its Michael Bush, Thomas Jones, Corey Dillon, Willis Mcgahee, or others.
We would be set. Our D-line will be AMAZINGLY improved with Hampton and Alama-Francis. Our LB would be incredible and deep. Our WR would improve giving us 3 talented possesion recvievers. Our RB would improve giving Leon a great complement that would carry the load. And our CB will improve because i believe Ross can come in and make an immediate impact. If this all happened, all we would need is a TE and some OL help, which we could acquire via free agency.
Also, i could be wrong here, but with the bucs trade you said, wouldnt that give us 3 2nd rounders? With that pick i say we go TE or OL.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
C-Thomas

Quote:

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith
absolutely amazing! but would pittsburgh trade hampton for a 2nd and a 3rd? i would in a heart beat..hes only been really injured once in his career and is by far the best NT in the league..and we all saw how it elevated farriors play with a true NT...i can only imagine what it would do to vilma's......but besides that for something that is actually in our hands in the draft and FA I really hope that the Jets take a very long look at Alama-Francis because i just have a really good feeling about this kid..now granted my feelings dont mean anything cause i thought lendale was gonna have a solid year coming out of USC but i still like Ikaika ....whats everyone elses take on him?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
Quote:

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith
If that happened, wow, we would be amazing. However, i would rather a different RB than Hunt, whether its Michael Bush, Thomas Jones, Corey Dillon, Willis Mcgahee, or others.
We would be set. Our D-line will be AMAZINGLY improved with Hampton and Alama-Francis. Our LB would be incredible and deep. Our WR would improve giving us 3 talented possesion recvievers. Our RB would improve giving Leon a great complement that would carry the load. And our CB will improve because i believe Ross can come in and make an immediate impact. If this all happened, all we would need is a TE and some OL help, which we could acquire via free agency.
Also, i could be wrong here, but with the bucs trade you said, wouldnt that give us 3 2nd rounders? With that pick i say we go TE or OL.

Excellent point. Here's something new.

Sign Adalius Thomas, trade 2a and a future third for Casey Hampton, trade our first round pick for both of the Bucs picks.

Trade #64 (From Tampa) and a 6th round pick for Michael Turner.

Sign Daniel Graham from New England, great blocker and a threat in the recieving game.

Draft:

2a. (From Tampa) Aaron Ross
2b. Justin Blaylock
3. Akiaka Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
Old 02-24-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

where are on earth are you getting the impression that Casey Hampton would be so easy to get?
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
where are on earth are you getting the impression that Casey Hampton would be so easy to get?
I know it would take a first and probably a future 2nd but I'm just making a dream mock.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith

Sign Adalius Thomas, trade 2a and a future third for Casey Hampton, trade our first round pick for both of the Bucs picks.

Sign Daniel Graham from New England, great blocker and a threat in the recieving game.

Draft:

2b. Justin Blaylock
3. Akiaka Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
can you say super bowl?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith

Draft:

2b. Justin Blaylock
3. Akiaka Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
can you say super bowl?
Haha yeah we would be unstoppable for 10 years.

QB-Pennington/Clemons
RB-Leon/Turner
FB-Baker
TE-Graham
WR-Coles/Cotchery/Smith
LT-Brick
LG-Kendall
C-Mangold
RG-Moore/Blaylock
RT-Moore/Blaylock (Can Moore play RT?)

Our amazing 3-4 defense:

LDE-Ellis
NT-Hampton
RDE-Alma-Francis

OLB-Adalius Thomas
ILB-Vilma
ILB-Barton/Hobson
OLB-Bryan Thomas

CB-Aaron Ross/Justin Miller/Andre Dyson
Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
2b. Tony Hunt
3. Aikia Alma Francis
5. Steve Smith

Draft:

2b. Justin Blaylock
3. Akiaka Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
can you say super bowl?
Haha yeah we would be unstoppable for 10 years.

QB-Pennington/Clemons
RB-Leon/Turner
FB-Baker
TE-Graham
WR-Coles/Cotchery/Smith
LT-Brick
LG-Kendall
C-Mangold
RG-Moore/Blaylock
RT-Moore/Blaylock (Can Moore play RT?)

Our amazing 3-4 defense:

LDE-Ellis
NT-Hampton
RDE-Alma-Francis

OLB-Adalius Thomas
ILB-Vilma
ILB-Barton/Hobson
OLB-Bryan Thomas

CB-Aaron Ross/Justin Miller/Andre Dyson
Haha yeah, and you didn't even mention:
S-Rhodes and Coleman with Smith on the bench
K-Nugent
P-Graham
KR/PR-Miller and Leon

All joking aside though, i did find something interesting in your depth chart. Baker at FB? I never thought about that. Would he be a good fit there? Also, i think we could go after a FB late in the draft such as LeRon Mclain. I don't think Askew has been getting the job done so i think we should look into FB late in the draft.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

nyjets5125, here's a fixed link for the sig

Code:
[img]http://www.charous.com/out.php/i109_JetsFuture.gif[/img]

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

I hate Askew, and I had no place for Baker, so I put him at FB, it's an unrealistic move, but TEs are so good at FB in Madden, so yeah.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Last year I remember you guys predicting who we would take around two months before the draft and boy, you were all wrong.

A player that I would really like to take with our first pick in the 2nd round is Anthony Spencer.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green
Last year I remember you guys predicting who we would take around two months before the draft and boy, you were all wrong.

A player that I would really like to take with our first pick in the 2nd round is Anthony Spencer.
even if we sign Adalius?

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2
nyjets5125, here's a fixed link for the sig

Code:
[img]http://www.charous.com/out.php/i109_JetsFuture.gif[/img]
thank you very much
Old 02-25-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
I hate Askew, and I had no place for Baker, so I put him at FB, it's an unrealistic move, but TEs are so good at FB in Madden, so yeah.
haha its so true, you can use almost any TE at FB in madden, sometimes i just draft two amazing TE's and move one to FB cuz then i have like two 99's at TE and FB
Old 02-25-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green

even if we sign Adalius?
i agree completely with both of you...if we dont get adalius i would love spencer....if we do get adalius i would find no need or interest for him, with adalius we already have a deep LB core with a. thomas, b. thomas, vilma, barton, hobson, shlegel, chatman, kassel
Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

All Jet Fans Give Should Give Eachother A Good Rep On All Of There Posts That You See. This Will Show The Love Between Us New York Jet Fanatics.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
C-Thomas

i agree with the above statement...i just hope this doesnt turn into a type of thing were if someone gets pissed off at a comment they start bashing someone else...regardless i did a little research in regards to some people discussing the trading of vilma becuase he doesnt "fit" in the 3-4 system....vilma is most definately the quarterback of the defense...and just like most players in a brand new system who has the role of "quarterbacking," cannot simply just play He has to think about whats going to happen then react, he is not allowed to just react, like those players who have been in the system for a while do(and he will be one of those players, and he will be great)... i feel another year under his belt he play even better..but i digress i want to point out the play of a former new york jet...james farrior...and his play in respect to casey hampton a true NT, the best NT in the league...he had 142 total tackles in 2001 as a jet and then switched to a 3-4 playing under bill cowher as a steeler and recorded just 82 tackles...granted he missed 2 games but still that doesnt portray to be more than 100 tackles...the next year completely healthy 141 total tackles AMAZING...then next year completely healthy once again only 94 total...hmmm..how could this be...it is NO coincidence that the inside linebacker on this team had a sudden drop in productivity when casey hampton, the NT, missed 10 games...the following year when hampton played a full season farrior recorded 119 total 3 sacks and 4 int one of his best years..and they won the superbowl....my point is vilma didn't have a horrible year and i believe like most jets fans that with the addition of a top notch NT he'll be the beast he was 2 years ago...if that means waiting another year till we can get one then thats fine, but I just hate the idea of him playing for someone else
Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
All Jet Fans Give Should Give Eachother A Good Rep On All Of There Posts That You See. This Will Show The Love Between Us New York Jet Fanatics.
I love you
Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
If anyone would like to help me in the FM, just IM me. Frogstomp has seemed to disappear, so I need help with our upcomming pick!

So far, I signed Asante Samuel and Tully Banta-Cain via FA, and draft Justin Blalock. Next I am thinking of taking Sydney Rice or Quentin Moses. Then at 2b, I'd take Irons or Bush.

Who should I take now, Moses or Rice (or someone else)
Have you been PM'ing me / not getting my PM's? What the deuce.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

does anybody know about the ongoing contract negotiations with cotchery?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jets released RB Derrick Blaylock and DE Bobby Hamilton
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

greg olsen??? shockeys body and hands, just a tenth of a second faster...just not as fiery...worthy of our first round pick??? I definately did not like the idea of picking a tight end this draft, mainly because i have faith in baker, but the more i look at this kid the more i feel he could be our jeremy shockey...using him and baker would definately spread the field and allow for coles and cotchery to make some more plays...plus just 6'5" 7/8 255 lbs and 4.51 will run by most any linebacker, and just physically dominate any strong safety...whats everyones opinion on this guy and picking him in the first round if he falls to us??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

completely agree with the comment I hated tacking a TE and I still ahve faith in Baker but Olsen plays and measures like a freak hed be good for our 1st unless carriker or a RB are there.
-Olsen-TE
-Blalock-OL
-Houston-CB
-Alama-Francis-DE
-Marten-OL
-Henry-RB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote