Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-23-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
check the sick Drew Coleman avator.
He got raped this week for a TD.
Despite the fact that he did have that play against Bradley, we lose that game anyway. We threw it away on turnovers. The Bears weren't overly impressive, but they capitalized. I hate to credit the shift of momentum to referees calls, but Thomas Jones' review was cleary a fumble. The ball was moving before he hit the ground.

Not to mention Coleman has been a nice addition, as a sixth rounder, but we need to get a new winger on punts. Brad Smith is good, but Coleman is rather clueless as to where the balls going. Not to mention I remember Graham booting a 75 yarder, and Coleman illegally touched it, just to down it.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

D'Brickashaw is going to be playing against Mario Williams this weekend.

How do you think they will do against each other?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
They shouldn't have left him out on an island with a speedy guy like Bradley in the first place. That's what happens when you blitz on every play, eventually you raped.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:57 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
They shouldn't have left him out on an island with a speedy guy like Bradley in the first place. That's what happens when you blitz on every play, eventually you raped.
yeah definilty.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone else impressed with how Hobson has been playing. I just read an article about it in the Ledger.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Well this is exactly why the Jets need to improve their front seven. They have safeties and corners that can cover, but not only did we have Justin Miller and Drew Coleman, a clueless coverman and a 6th round rookie out there, at one point, but we had to bring Rhodes up. We can't pressure the quarterback without blitzing.

We have to gamble to stop the run, and blitz to put pressure on the quarterback, because our secondary can't cover receivers for ten seconds. Teams just double Ellis up front and we have no one else that can get to the passer.

I like Hobson, but he's also playing good in a contract year. His more natural position is ILB in the 3-4, and he's one of the best one on one tacklers in the league. That was his wrap coming out of Michigan. His problem coming out of college was getting to the tailbacks. He now just has to take on blocks and drop into coverage which suits his strength. The problem is, he loses outside leverage on run players to the strongside and that's why the run defense struggles at times, because runners can get to the outside when running to the strongside.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:49 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Drew Coleman will get a pick this week. Im calling first right here.

first to 500 posts
Old 11-26-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

we got to win this game, chad needs to come up big today,
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Drew Coleman will get a pick this week. Im calling first right here.
hasn't happened yet but his best chance is in this scrambling must throw offense of the Texans right now.

ALso just wanted to comment on the fact last week i was outraged by the Jets refusal to trot out Nugent for a 50 and 52 yard FG but he has a 54 today so they may have had a better shot last week if they just trusted him.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:07 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

that was a good game i like pennington, he is the man, i like his attitude, he never gives. i was so dam hapy when he got back up and he started to hype up the jets. We played a good game. This guy kerry rhodes is really nasty he shows he can play for the into, and the sack,
Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

did Drew Coleman even play?

first to 500 posts
Old 11-26-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

A few notes from today's solid win over the Texans:

Positives:
-Chad bounced back nicely but I wouldn't get carried away because it was the Texans, it's a start though
-Cotch and Coles continue to impress
-Kerry Rhodes is definately the DMVP of this team
-D'Brick pretty much owned Mario today
-the pass rush was great today, but again it's against the Texans
-Mike Nugent!!
-The Giants lost!!!!!! hahahahaha

Negatives:
-Kevan Barlow has struggled lately and Ced Houston should take most of his carries from here on in

Overall, a really really impressive win that showed that the Jets are a good team- now let's see them consistently play this well so we can get into the playoffs

And just think, whenever Chad is playing badly, just look at the other NY team and think things could be worse, at least we don't have Eli.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
did Drew Coleman even play?
yea he played a little but he didnt start
Old 11-26-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
A few notes from today's solid win over the Texans:

Positives:
-Chad bounced back nicely but I wouldn't get carried away because it was the Texans, it's a start though
-Cotch and Coles continue to impress
-Kerry Rhodes is definately the DMVP of this team
-D'Brick pretty much owned Mario today-the pass rush was great today, but again it's against the Texans
-Mike Nugent!!
-The Giants lost!!!!!! hahahahaha

Negatives:
-Kevan Barlow has struggled lately and Ced Houston should take most of his carries from here on in

Overall, a really really impressive win that showed that the Jets are a good team- now let's see them consistently play this well so we can get into the playoffs

And just think, whenever Chad is playing badly, just look at the other NY team and think things could be worse, at least we don't have Eli.
except the play mario got that hit on chad, on that play mario owned da brick, that hit could of ended chads season, and probably his career
Old 11-26-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best part of the game. I am not sure who was annoucning today, was it Ian Eagle? Anyway, Kerry Rhodes picks it off and the Whitest Man in the Universe states, "And what did I tell you? Kerry Rhodes is a baller!" I started cracking up.

There is no reason that we should not win the rest of our games.

Green Bay
Buffalo
Vikings
Dolphins
Raiders

This is good because the Chiefs still have to play Baltimore, San Diego, and Jacksonville.

The Broncos have to play the Seahawks, Bengals, Chargers, and 49ers.

If we continue to win, we will get in.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

i know a lot of these commetators are like using slang terminology, its mad funny, i frogot what game i was watching but the coimmentator was like"he is always ballin on game day"
we have a good schedule from now on, but the teams that we are fighting for a playoff spot are really good, like jacksonville,cincinati, kc, denver.
but those teams have tougher schedule than us, hope fully we can take advantage
Old 11-26-2006, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who is going to the draft this year? I went last year and it was awesome.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green
Who is going to the draft this year? I went last year and it was awesome.
its too early to say i most likely wont make it, i want to go to the nba draft so i can be one of those loud noisy knick fans that get interviewed and feel disapointed at the knicks pick
Old 11-27-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?
He is a straight up beast.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's better than the stats indicate. I mean it could be argued that he's the best player on our defense, he's played better than anyone else this year by a large margin IMO. I have no idea how he slipped to the 4th round.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
He's better than the stats indicate. I mean it could be argued that he's the best player on our defense, he's played better than anyone else this year by a large margin IMO. I have no idea how he slipped to the 4th round.
what do u mean by it could be argued. He is without a doubt the best player on our D, as much as I love vilma, i have to admit it.

I think he slipped to the 4th, because he was bad in coverage, but don't quote me on that.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
what do u mean by it could be argued. He is without the best player on our D, as much as I love vilma, i have to admit it.

I think he slipped to the 4th, because he was bad in coverage, but don't quote me on that.
Just trying to be diplomatic. I'm not as blunt as you are Josh.

And I'm pretty sure he slipped to the 4th because of concerns he wasn't physical enough. If I'm right he was a ballhawk in college but started off as a QB so there were questions about tackling and whatnot. He's certainly answered those this year, he gets a ton of tackles and is one of the best blitzing safeties in the league.

By the way, that play where he faked the blitz and dropped into coverage and picked the deep out to Johnson was sick.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool, I was just wondering because he's top in a lot of the saftey stats and there is very little mention of him by the media... Considering I haven't seen him play I didn't know if he was like our backup saftey Kaeshviharn who leads in INT's among safties and 3rd in sacks but he really isn't that good.

P.S. I hope you all don't interfere with my Bengals playoff hopes 8)
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Cool, I was just wondering because he's top in a lot of the saftey stats and there is very little mention of him by the media... Considering I haven't seen him play I didn't know if he was like our backup saftey Kaeshviharn who leads in INT's among safties and 3rd in sacks but he really isn't that good.

P.S. I hope you all don't interfere with my Bengals playoff hopes 8)
He's really not a Kaeshviharn, he's really versatile. Seems like a lot of Kaesviharn's picks are to ice games or during garbage time. Kerry's big plays come at good times and really change momentum for us. Plus, since we're in more close games than Cincy the turnovers or big plays on defense really mean a lot. He's good in coverage and can hit pretty well. Solid up in the box and a really good blitzer. Seems to be all over the place to me, whenever there's a fumble or something he's right there forcing it or diving on it. Also he's a really good ballhawk in coverage and gets some nice picks. Seems like he's getting more comfortable in the defense too. Before his pick yesterday he faked a blitz and dropped into coverage, Carr couldn't see him because he was faking a handoff, and when he turned and threw it Rhodes was right there, it was a really awesome play. Great athlete, really gets up on some high balls, one of his interceptions this year (who it was against slipped my mind) was really impressive, great display of athletic ability. Can't say enough about him, he's really the star of our defense and my favorite player on the team.