Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
greg olsen??? shockeys body and hands, just a tenth of a second faster...just not as fiery...worthy of our first round pick??? I definately did not like the idea of picking a tight end this draft, mainly because i have faith in baker, but the more i look at this kid the more i feel he could be our jeremy shockey...using him and baker would definately spread the field and allow for coles and cotchery to make some more plays...plus just 6'5" 7/8 255 lbs and 4.51 will run by most any linebacker, and just physically dominate any strong safety...whats everyones opinion on this guy and picking him in the first round if he falls to us??
i think olsen will be great, but im usually not a fan of a te in round 1, so if he falls to our 2a pick i would be very interested in him, if he falls to 2b i will most definitely dissapointed if we pass on him, and our 1 would depend completely on whos on the board
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
completely agree with the comment I hated tacking a TE and I still ahve faith in Baker but Olsen plays and measures like a freak hed be good for our 1st unless carriker or a RB are there.
-Olsen-TE
-Blalock-OL
-Houston-CB
-Alama-Francis-DE
-Marten-OL
-Henry-RB
olsen-idk about round 1, depends whos on the board
blalock-all for that pick at 2a, will be a great player at either G or T, preferably G
houston-i highly doubt houston will be left at 2b becuase i think he will probably go late round 1 to early round 2 but if he did fall there that would be amazing
alama-francis-i doubt he falls to late round 3 but if he does that would be a great pick
marten-we dont have a round 4, i doubt he will be left in round 5, but we definitely need an OL in this draft, but i woiuld rather either an OLB or WR or RB if we alraedy took blalock
henry-i would rather have deshawn wynn, and idk about henry, yeah he had a great combine, but he hasnt done anythign on the field, i believe i read a career 3.3 or 3.6 ypc at zona, but i could defnitely see mangini traking him because he's a hard-worker
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,549
Reputation: 436537
derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125 View Post
i think olsen will be great, but im usually not a fan of a te in round 1, so if he falls to our 2a pick i would be very interested in him, if he falls to 2b i will most definitely dissapointed if we pass on him, and our 1 would depend completely on whos on the board
I think he's a tough guy to pass on in the first, especially if there are no great options as I anticipate. But I don't think he's getting through to the second, we really even don't have that great of a chance of him falling to us in the first...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
Posts: 4,234
Reputation: 267766
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I got an interesting yet extremely unlikely scenario. Lets say Trent Green goes to the dolphins, and Quinn in an Rodgeresque fall, is available at 25, what would you guys want to do? I know we have clemens, but that would be a ridiculous value. I mean if he falls past the Dolphins, the only possible teams to take him are KC and maybe Carolina. I really don't think this is gonna happen, but im bored of the usual talk.
__________________
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I got an interesting yet extremely unlikely scenario. Lets say Trent Green goes to the dolphins, and Quinn in an Rodgeresque fall, is available at 25, what would you guys want to do? I know we have clemens, but that would be a ridiculous value. I mean if he falls past the Dolphins, the only possible teams to take him are KC and maybe Carolina. I really don't think this is gonna happen, but im bored of the usual talk.
i would do it if the top de's and rb's and joe thomas are all gone....and then ship clemens for a pick or a player, preferably a pick in this draft, either late 2 or somewhere in round 3

no way taht happens though, teams would trade up to take him
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I got an interesting yet extremely unlikely scenario. Lets say Trent Green goes to the dolphins, and Quinn in an Rodgeresque fall, is available at 25, what would you guys want to do? I know we have clemens, but that would be a ridiculous value. I mean if he falls past the Dolphins, the only possible teams to take him are KC and maybe Carolina. I really don't think this is gonna happen, but im bored of the usual talk.
There was a mock in which Jamarcus Russel fell to 29. I posted saying Jets take Russel there, and I got immediately scowled by the post creator and AlexDown asking what was wrong with me and what I was talking about. If any elite prospect falls to us, we take them regardless of team needs.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
Posts: 4,234
Reputation: 267766
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
There was a mock in which Jamarcus Russel fell to 29. I posted saying Jets take Russel there, and I got immediately scowled by the post creator and AlexDown asking what was wrong with me and what I was talking about. If any elite prospect falls to us, we take them regardless of team needs.
I think Jamarcus has less of a chance of falling considering it seems like Davis wants o have his babies, but if he did, i would take him with no complaints.
__________________
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 827
Reputation: -42
throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.
Default

rumor has it that we are VERY interested in signing Chris Brown.....that would be bad in my opinion
__________________


^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

The idealest of ideal offseason:


Jets sign Joey Porter

Jets trade Jonathan Vilma, our 2nd 2nd, and a future 2nd for Clinton Portis and #6.

Draft:

1a. Alan Branch
1b. Patrick Willis
2. Justin Blaylock
3. Aikaka Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McLain
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
The idealest of ideal offseason:


Jets sign Joey Porter

Jets trade Jonathan Vilma, our 2nd 2nd, and a future 2nd for Clinton Portis and #6.

Draft:

1a. Alan Branch
1b. Patrick Willis
2. Justin Blaylock
3. Aikaka Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McLain
thatd be amazing but skins signed london fltecher-baker so i doubt they still want vilma
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I know those stupid Skins!
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Reputation: 206
hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Ideal Jets '07:
1. Adam Carriker DE/DT Nebraska
2a. Chris Houston CB Arkansas
2b. Brian Leonard RB Rutgers
3. Jason Hill WR Washington State
5. Doug Free OT Northern Illinois
6. Dustin Fry OL Clemson

Sign...
- Joey Porter
__________________
DE, RB, RT, WR, NT, TE, ILB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Reputation: 206
hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

This would be the '07 team (ignore the orders of the lists)

Quarterbacks

* 10 Chad Pennington
* 6 Kellen Clemens
* 16 Brad Smith

Halfbacks

* 29 Leon Washington
* 34 Cedric Houston


Fullbacks

* 2B Brian Leonard
* 44 James Hodgins
* 45 Stacy Tutt

Receivers

* 87 Laveranues Coles
* 89 Jerricho Cotchery
* 3 Jason Hill
* 16 Brad Smith
* 15 Wallace Wright
* 17 Tim Dwight



Tight Ends

* 86 Chris Baker
* 82 Jason Pociask
* 85 James Dearth
* 88 Sean Ryan

Tackles


* 60 D'Brickashaw Ferguson
* 5 Doug Free
* 79 Adrian Jones
* 71 Wade Smith
* 76 Na'Shan Goddard

Guards

* 66 Pete Kendall
* 65 Brandon Moore
* 6 Dustin Fry

Centers

* 74 Nick Mangold
* 6 Dustin Fry

Kickers

* 1 Mike Nugent K
* 7 Ben Graham P



Defensive line
* 92 Shaun Ellis DE
* 96 Dave Ball DE
* 1 Adam Carriker
* 67 Kimo von Oelhoffen DE
* 63 Dewayne Robertson NT
* 77 Rashad Moore NT
* 91 Sione Pouha

Linebackers

* 50 Eric Barton
* 58 Matt Chatham
* 99 Bryan Thomas
* 55 Brad Kassell
* 54 Victor Hobson
* 51 Jonathan Vilma
* 56 Anthony Schlegel
* 53 Cody Spencer
* FA Joey Porter



Defensive backs

* 2a Chris Houston
* 30 Drew Coleman CB
* 21 Andre Dyson CB
* 22 Justin Miller CB
* 26 Erik Coleman SS
* 31 Hank Poteat CB
* 25 Kerry Rhodes FS
* 33 Eric Smith SS
* 38 Jamie Thompson S
* 42 Rashad WashingtonFS
__________________
DE, RB, RT, WR, NT, TE, ILB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...format=&page=2

So instead of him lining up along side Vilma as we all hoped, he'll be lining up over our sorry RT (dont even know his name, clement or somethin) and tormenting CP twice a year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
This would be the '07 team (ignore the orders of the lists)

Quarterbacks

* 10 Chad Pennington
* 6 Kellen Clemens
* 16 Brad Smith

Halfbacks

* 29 Leon Washington
* 34 Cedric Houston


Fullbacks

* 2B Brian Leonard
* 44 James Hodgins
* 45 Stacy Tutt

Receivers

* 87 Laveranues Coles
* 89 Jerricho Cotchery
* 3 Jason Hill
* 16 Brad Smith
* 15 Wallace Wright
* 17 Tim Dwight



Tight Ends

* 86 Chris Baker
* 82 Jason Pociask
* 85 James Dearth
* 88 Sean Ryan

Tackles


* 60 D'Brickashaw Ferguson
* 5 Doug Free
* 79 Adrian Jones
* 71 Wade Smith
* 76 Na'Shan Goddard

Guards

* 66 Pete Kendall
* 65 Brandon Moore
* 6 Dustin Fry

Centers

* 74 Nick Mangold
* 6 Dustin Fry

Kickers

* 1 Mike Nugent K
* 7 Ben Graham P



Defensive line
* 92 Shaun Ellis DE
* 96 Dave Ball DE
* 1 Adam Carriker
* 67 Kimo von Oelhoffen DE
* 63 Dewayne Robertson NT
* 77 Rashad Moore NT
* 91 Sione Pouha

Linebackers

* 50 Eric Barton
* 58 Matt Chatham
* 99 Bryan Thomas
* 55 Brad Kassell
* 54 Victor Hobson
* 51 Jonathan Vilma
* 56 Anthony Schlegel
* 53 Cody Spencer
* FA Joey Porter



Defensive backs

* 2a Chris Houston
* 30 Drew Coleman CB
* 21 Andre Dyson CB
* 22 Justin Miller CB
* 26 Erik Coleman SS
* 31 Hank Poteat CB
* 25 Kerry Rhodes FS
* 33 Eric Smith SS
* 38 Jamie Thompson S
* 42 Rashad WashingtonFS
i dont think we are deep enough at RB with this scenario, maybe travis henry or corey dillon in there
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Jets sign Joey Porter

Trade Mangini and Kellen Clemons to Oakland for #1 overall and their first round next year and their first round in 2009 and #33 overall

Trade Vilma and 2nd next year and our 6t round to Lions for #2

Trade #25, #57, and our first round next year and our 5th round this year to Browns for #3 overall

Trade 2008 first round from Oakland, Justin Mcareins, and Oak's 2009 first rounder to Tampa for #4 overall



Draft:
#1. Calvin Johnson
#2. Adrian Peterson
#3. Brady Quinn
#4. Joe Thomas
2. Tank Tyler
3. Aikika Alma Francis


Sign Mike Singletary as our Head Coach
__________________

Last edited by jetsfan3 : 03-03-2007 at 01:59 PM.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Jets sign Joey Porter

Trade Mangini and Kellen Clemons to Oakland for #1 overall and their first round next year and their first round in 2009 and #33 overall

Trade Vilma and 2nd next year and our 6t round to Lions for #2

Trade #25, #57, and our first round next year and our 5th round this year to Browns for #3 overall

Trade 2008 first round from Oakland, Justin Mcareins, and Oak's 2009 first rounder to Tampa for #4 overall



Draft:
#1. Calvin Johnson
#2. Adrian Peterson
#3. Brady Quinn
#4. Joe Thomas
2. Tank Tyler
3. Aikika Alma Francis


Sign Mike Singletary as our Head Coach
hahaha we'd be stacked on offense for next decade and a half
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 827
Reputation: -42
throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.
Default

John Clayton is reporting that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks for the 2nd pick in the draft in which we give up Vilma, our 1st, and our late 2nd for the 2nd pick overall.
__________________


^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 199
Reputation: 10
tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Who would we take if we were at 2? CJ or AP?
__________________
tishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Johnny4
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog View Post
Who would we take if we were at 2? CJ or AP?
If we made this trade, it would have to be for AP. I'm not sure it is a good idea. One thing is for sure, we are officially taking offers for Vilma. I hate it when the Jets do this stuff. To add to the bad Thomas to the Pats news, I had this thought.The Pats no longer need to use their #1 on a LB and will probably take the best corner available. We pick next and that kind of screws up our options.Then they pick 8 picks ahead uf us again before our #6 in the second round. I hate those F'ers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Hearing the news

Sign Jerry Porter

Trade Vilma, our late 2nd, and #25 for #2 and a 4th round pick

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Justin Blaylock
3. Aikika Alma-Francis
4. Steve Smith
5. Leron McClain
6. BPA
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
Posts: 4,234
Reputation: 267766
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
John Clayton is reporting that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks for the 2nd pick in the draft in which we give up Vilma, our 1st, and our late 2nd for the 2nd pick overall.
As much as it would be nice to have one of the elite prospects, i would rather have the extra second and Vilma, who I think will adjust when we get him a nt.
__________________
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
As much as it would be nice to have one of the elite prospects, i would rather have the extra second and Vilma, who I think will adjust when we get him a nt.
AD would be pretty fun, though.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

the ONLY way i would want to trade vilma is if we got a great 3-4 ILB so i would want donnie edwards or ed hartwell from free agency AND we got a 3-4 OLB like tully banta-cain....also, i think vilma a 1 and a 2 is too much for AP, according to the trade value chart, this trade would value vilma as the #6 pick overall and i think he should be valued as more than that for the lions because hes young, amazing in the 4-3, and fits their need....if we did vilma a 1 and a 3 it would value vilma as between the 4th and 5th pcik so i think that would be fairer evaluation adn we could probably still get a late round pick
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

lets just say we draft chris houston at 25 and michael bush round 2, that would be michael bush, chris houston, and john vilma for adrian peterson....looking at it tah way it doesnt sound so bad, but i can't see the jets without vilma, and plus taht would open up a huge vacancy at ILB where we are already looking for improvement at the other ILB position
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.