Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 08-31-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope kimo gets cut

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like your entire prediction except for one thing, I would put Bobby Hamilton as making the team, KVO as being cut, and Schlegel as being the 53rd guy. Otherwise it's exactly how I would have done it...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
I hope kimo gets cut
I do too, I'd gladly see Bobby Hamilton take his spot. It was more me wanting KVO to be cut and not wanting to get my hopes up. In fact, I'm going to switch it now. And Schlegel may take the last spot if they're not willing to admit they made a mistake. I just like Ventrone's impact on ST. Thanks for taking a look at it.

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you go to school in Philly? Just wondering because you asked me where I go before.

Last edited by derza222 : 08-31-2007 at 11:30 AM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I do too, I'd gladly see Bobby Hamilton take his spot. It was more me wanting KVO to be cut and not wanting to get my hopes up. In fact, I'm going to switch it now. And Schlegel may take the last spot if they're not willing to admit they made a mistake. I just like Ventrone's impact on ST. Thanks for taking a look at it.

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you go to school in Philly? Just wondering because you asked me where I go before.
My brother goes to school over at Drexel

Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My brother goes to school over at Drexel
Cool. Honorary member of the Big 5. I actually got my brother a Drexel hat as a gift earlier in the year just cuz it looks cool and I knew he'd like it (he's 11).
Old 08-31-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get some votes for K Rhodes.... he got snubbed last year let's make sure the same doesn't happen with the NFLDC Preseason Pro Bowl Predictions Team

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...=12212&page=12
Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Rodney Harrison suspended for the first 4 games of the year after admitting to HGH use...could be significant since we're playing them week one.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rodney Harrison suspended for the first 4 games of the year after admitting to HGH use...could be significant since we're playing them week one.
too bad chad doesnt have the arm to beat the replacement safety deep.... and the bill has good defensive backs like its his job, oh it is... yeah well idk someone will step up and he wont be rodney back there but he'll be good...
Old 09-01-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They have merriweather who played safety in their last game vs the gianst and their starters...I watched it he way good and all over the place... But stop knockin chads arm its old news....i promise the play fake will lead to longer passes (also they didnt throw deep very much last year bc they didnt want to hurt chads arm like herm did rushing him back) but this year they will bump up the number of deep passes off of play action to TJ!

Something to get the Jets pumped....Belichick was recently quoted in SI as saying this about Kerry Rhodes..."That guy couldn't make my team" to which Kerry Rhodes responded with "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha" no lie and then a no comment and then " haha maybe I couldn't make his team haha" Let's just say I think next Sundays gonna be a little more exciting then a lot of people think.

Schlegel, KVonO, Haynes, Wadsworth = CUT
Manny Collins & Tui = Bubble and respectively will probably go Prac Sq. & Cut
Dyson has been rumored to be on the block
Jets talks with Ravens ex G Kendrick cooled off...Trade could still happen

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 09-01-2007 at 02:33 PM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The writer misquoted it, BB didn't say that. There's a thread in the NFL forum if anyone wants the details. Second page explains what happened.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

so who were all the cuts today? is there somewhere i can find them?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

List of all cuts

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...evito-tes-stay

I wish we kept Ware, Wadsworth, Haynes and one of the WR's

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

im posting this here because i feel better getting biased advice from jets fans...

would leon washington be a good start week 1 as a third RB? i have mo jones-drew, edge, marion barber, caddillac, nd leon... i plan to start jones-drew nd edge now should i start leon because of the increased amount of carries he'll get plus harrison and seymour are out of should i let the o line settle a bit before playing him?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i might sit Leon and play Caddy

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
I think i might sit Leon and play Caddy
maybe im going to post it in the fantasy argument as well... tough decision
Old 09-02-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

speaking of fantasy, here's the team I just drafted (I picked 8th in a 14-team league):

1. (8) Peyton Manning QB
2. (21) Willis McGahee RB
3. (36) Adrian Peterson RB
4. (49) Javon Walker WR
5. (64) Jerricho Cotchery WR
6. (77) DeShaun Foster RB
7. (92) Isaac Bruce WR
8. (105) Zach Thomas DL
9. (120) DeMeco Ryans DL
10. (133) Keith Bulluck DL
11. (148) Chris Hope DB
12. (161) Kirk Morrison DL
13. (176) Keith Brooking DL
14. (189) Ronde Barber DB
15. (204) Gibril Wilson DB
16. (217) Randy McMichael TE
17. (232) Leon Washington RB
18. (245) Craig Davis WR
19. (260) Demetrius Williams WR
20. (273) Jeff Garcia QB
21. (288) Chris Baker TE
22. (301) Jon Beason DL
23. (316) Madieu Williams DB
24. (329) Matt Stover K
25. (344) Michael Vick QB

Don't worry, the Vick pick isn't sticking (it was a joke) and I've already dropped him and picked up a sleeper (Selvin Young).

Right now my starting RBs and WRs are:

McGahee
Peterson
Walker
Cotchery
Bruce
Davis

and I need to start one W/R

at W/R should I start Leon Washington, DeShaun Foster, or Demetrius Williams? Or what about Selvin Young?
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
speaking of fantasy, here's the team I just drafted (I picked 8th in a 14-team league):

1. (8) Peyton Manning QB
2. (21) Willis McGahee RB
3. (36) Adrian Peterson RB
4. (49) Javon Walker WR
5. (64) Jerricho Cotchery WR
6. (77) DeShaun Foster RB
7. (92) Isaac Bruce WR
8. (105) Zach Thomas DL
9. (120) DeMeco Ryans DL
10. (133) Keith Bulluck DL
11. (148) Chris Hope DB
12. (161) Kirk Morrison DL
13. (176) Keith Brooking DL
14. (189) Ronde Barber DB
15. (204) Gibril Wilson DB
16. (217) Randy McMichael TE
17. (232) Leon Washington RB
18. (245) Craig Davis WR
19. (260) Demetrius Williams WR
20. (273) Jeff Garcia QB
21. (288) Chris Baker TE
22. (301) Jon Beason DL
23. (316) Madieu Williams DB
24. (329) Matt Stover K
25. (344) Michael Vick QB

Don't worry, the Vick pick isn't sticking (it was a joke) and I've already dropped him and picked up a sleeper (Selvin Young).

Right now my starting RBs and WRs are:

McGahee
Peterson
Walker
Cotchery
Bruce
Davis

and I need to start one W/R

at W/R should I start Leon Washington, DeShaun Foster, or Demetrius Williams? Or what about Selvin Young?
i like your team minus the fact that kerry rhodes isnt on it
Old 09-02-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

How the hell do we plan on only keeping 2 RBs?! Danny Ware definitely should've made it, and we should've gotten rid of Stacy Tutt.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
How the hell do we plan on only keeping 2 RBs?! Danny Ware definitely should've made it, and we should've gotten rid of Stacy Tutt.
Stacey Tutt obviously convinced Mangini that he could be the 3rd string HB and backup FB
Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

plus tutt is a tough special teams guy
Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
i like your team minus the fact that kerry rhodes isnt on it
He was taken about 5 spots before I intended on taking him.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
im posting this here because i feel better getting biased advice from jets fans...

would leon washington be a good start week 1 as a third RB? i have mo jones-drew, edge, marion barber, caddillac, nd leon... i plan to start jones-drew nd edge now should i start leon because of the increased amount of carries he'll get plus harrison and seymour are out of should i let the o line settle a bit before playing him?
I actually would start MJD, Caddy, and Barber but that's just me. Jones-Drew is easy. Not sure who Edge is playing and Barber may be a tough play because he can be hit or miss but he's a touchdown machine and I think it's tough to leave him on the bench knowing he could easily have 2 TD's that game. And Caddy because as said he's starting, will get more carries, and is playing a worse run D. But he's up and down at times. The loss of Seymour I don't think will be that big as their backup Green is very good as well, and overall Leon is the backup RB. I don't really think he'll see increased carries just because we have 2 RB's, we're running the same system we would be otherwise. He's an awesome big-play guy, but whether he gets into the endzone (very important) is up in the air. So if you're deadset on those two, I'd go Barber easy.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually would start MJD, Caddy, and Barber but that's just me. Jones-Drew is easy. Not sure who Edge is playing and Barber may be a tough play because he can be hit or miss but he's a touchdown machine and I think it's tough to leave him on the bench knowing he could easily have 2 TD's that game. And Caddy because as said he's starting, will get more carries, and is playing a worse run D. But he's up and down at times. The loss of Seymour I don't think will be that big as their backup Green is very good as well, and overall Leon is the backup RB. I don't really think he'll see increased carries just because we have 2 RB's, we're running the same system we would be otherwise. He's an awesome big-play guy, but whether he gets into the endzone (very important) is up in the air. So if you're deadset on those two, I'd go Barber easy.
Barber is playing the Giants... And since they really do not have a good runstopping interior line i have a feeling Barber has a short goalline TD run up the gut. With Kearny and Lofa on Seattle's D i don't think Caddy has a good game but then again he has a lot to prove. I think ill start Barber...
Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Barber is playing the Giants... And since they really do not have a good runstopping interior line i have a feeling Barber has a short goalline TD run up the gut. With Kearny and Lofa on Seattle's D i don't think Caddy has a good game but then again he has a lot to prove. I think ill start Barber...
Sounds like a good call to me. Where did you get Barber? If the Cowboys staff finally realizes that he's a better back than Jones (you can look at the stats, and ESPN had a really good fantasy-related article on it) then he could be a massive steal.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Sounds like a good call to me. Where did you get Barber? If the Cowboys staff finally realizes that he's a better back than Jones (you can look at the stats, and ESPN had a really good fantasy-related article on it) then he could be a massive steal.
this is my team

1. (6) Peyton Manning
2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew
3. (26) Edgerrin James
4. (35) Andre Johnson
5. (46) Laveranues Coles
6. (55) Carnell Williams
7. (66) Denver
8. (75) Marion Barber III
9. (86) Joey Galloway
10. (95) Chris Cooley
11. (106) Leon Washington