Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-03-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Does everyone see my point as to why the Jets don't need a runningback?

We have three legit runners. Barlow in goal line and bad weather situations, Houston as the power runner, and Washington as the pass catcher.

The Jets made the mistake of drafting Blair Thomas years ago when they had a bunch of runningbacks they wanted to run with a comittee under Coslet. Don't make the same mistake again.

We need another 3-4 end/nose tackle. We need to add another guard as Kendall's replacement. And we could use a right tackle. I think with Bryan Thomas' recent emergence, and signing, Justin Blalock and Levi Brown are looking more and more believeable in the first round if we can't get a Frank Okam, Alan Branch or Adam Carikker (who will be a second rounder anyway) type of player early on.

We need to keep building through the trenches. Right now, we're winning games without much help from the defensive line. If we can add another solid player or two we'll be very good on the defensive line.
I concur

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:23 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Does everyone see my point as to why the Jets don't need a runningback?

We have three legit runners. Barlow in goal line and bad weather situations, Houston as the power runner, and Washington as the pass catcher.

The Jets made the mistake of drafting Blair Thomas years ago when they had a bunch of runningbacks they wanted to run with a comittee under Coslet. Don't make the same mistake again.

We need another 3-4 end/nose tackle. We need to add another guard as Kendall's replacement. And we could use a right tackle. I think with Bryan Thomas' recent emergence, and signing, Justin Blalock and Levi Brown are looking more and more believeable in the first round if we can't get a Frank Okam, Alan Branch or Adam Carikker (who will be a second rounder anyway) type of player early on.

We need to keep building through the trenches. Right now, we're winning games without much help from the defensive line. If we can add another solid player or two we'll be very good on the defensive line.
I concur
I agree that we don't need a 1st day runningback if we get Brian Leonard to handle blocking and some carries a game.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:59 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

for next year:

What do you guys think about moving Dewayne to DE and drafting a big 3-4 NT that will demand double teams. Nothing against Dewayne, I think he's actually playing pretty well, but the LBs are too good not to be making more plays (especially Vilma). If we could for example have Alan Branch in the middle, Vilma will have more space to roam around and do his thing. I love the offense, I would be thrilled to have the same starters next year (even the right side of the o-line is playing well now, and Green Bay has a good Dline).

Just 1 question- Why didn't Mangini bring in Clemens or Ramsey in the 4th quarter?? I know I'm nitpicking a little bit, but just imagine the criticism he would have taken if Pennington got hurt.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
for next year:

What do you guys think about moving Dewayne to DE and drafting a big 3-4 NT that will demand double teams. Nothing against Dewayne, I think he's actually playing pretty well, but the LBs are too good not to be making more plays (especially Vilma). If we could for example have Alan Branch in the middle, Vilma will have more space to roam around and do his thing. I love the offense, I would be thrilled to have the same starters next year (even the right side of the o-line is playing well now, and Green Bay has a good Dline).

Just 1 question- Why didn't Mangini bring in Clemens or Ramsey in the 4th quarter?? I know I'm nitpicking a little bit, but just imagine the criticism he would have taken if Pennington got hurt.
Not sure if you turned off the game after the 3rd, but there was a big momentum swing in the 4th. They forced an INT and and onsides kick. While they did not capitalize on these, I was still worried there for a second.

Also, I don't really understand your logic about taking out your starters in the 4th. Do most 6-5 teams going for the playoffs do that? Or is it just about how big of a lead we had, because I still woulden't have made a switch at a position especially important as QB.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 AM    (permalink
vilma

for the draft if no elite prospects slip down to us I wouldnt be opposed to trade out of rd. 1 for a 2nd this yr and a 1st next yr.
As far as players we would draft with our 3 2nd rd picks:

Dre Moore DE Maryland...if he declares he would prob be avilable here. Very raw but big(6-5, 320) and fast (4.8). He would be a great fit at DE in our system.

Brian Leonard FB Rutgers...This is like adding a RB to go along with thunder and lightening (houston and leon). Would be a great fit in any offense because he is so versitile and can do so many things.

with the 3rd 2nd rd pick I would be looking at avilable corners (Cason, Hughes) or pass rushers (spencer) who might be avilable. Maybe a good TE prospect falls down here. If not im content to trade the pick for a #3 this yr and a #2 next yr.

Adding talent and stockpiling picks.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha..you beat the monkey **** out of the Packers. 8)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Haha..you beat the monkey *********** out of the Packers. 8)
:D :D

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-04-2006, 01:36 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:
for next year:

Not sure if you turned off the game after the 3rd, but there was a big momentum swing in the 4th. They forced an INT and and onsides kick. While they did not capitalize on these, I was still worried there for a second.

Also, I don't really understand your logic about taking out your starters in the 4th. Do most 6-5 teams going for the playoffs do that? Or is it just about how big of a lead we had, because I still woulden't have made a switch at a position especially important as QB.
That was completely to be expected. They were at home, and had the crap beat out of them. We had a huge lead, and not really too much to play for. I'm surprised they only got one touchdown the whole second half.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to say how good of a #2 WR Jerricho Cotchery has developed into. As an NC State fan, it is great seeing him put up some great numbers for you guys this year. He's gotten absolutely no publicly but I'm sure that is the way he likes it. Still though, he's one of the biggest rising stars in the league.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jets have suprised me this season, I thought they werer gonna be worse this season. They proved me wrong big time.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Jets have suprised me this season, I thought they werer gonna be worse this season. They proved me wrong big time.
A lot of people are forgeting that last year when we went 4-12 we were playing with our #3 quarterback the majority of the season. No team can be good when that happens. So I never believed we were as bad as most people thought coming into this season.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
for next year:

We should probably look for a good NT, but nobody really elite is available for this draft. Branch is not a NT in a 3-4, he'd play DE.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty
Quote:
A lot of people are forgeting that last year when we went 4-12 we were playing with our #3 quarterback the majority of the season. No team can be good when that happens. So I never believed we were as bad as most people thought coming into this season.
Well, we did have Vinny as well. :P
Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I forgot about how bad injuries killed you guys.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
vilma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty
Quote:
but in the offseason we lost 4 perenial pro bowlers in Law, Abraham, Martin, and Mawae. Any team that loses 4 players of that calibar wont be as good the next yr.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question guys, how is Dwayne Robertson doing? I heard that he's picking it up and finally getting it together, but I haven't really watched the Jets play much this year to be honest. Is he still at NT, and has he been tried out at DE any? Is there any potential for him to remain in this defense or is just a space filler for a future draft pick?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Question guys, how is Dwayne Robertson doing? I heard that he's picking it up and finally getting it together, but I haven't really watched the Jets play much this year to be honest. Is he still at NT, and has he been tried out at DE any? Is there any potential for him to remain in this defense or is just a space filler for a future draft pick?
He's performing much better, and we have tried Kimo at NT and Dwayne at DE. I think we should keep him as a DE, as Kimo is 1000, and we have a lot of needs already.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

which jersey should i get?

Kerry Rhodes
Jerricho Cotchery
Vilma
Coles
Brick
Mangold

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-05-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kerry Rhodes
Jerricho Cotchery
Vilma
Coles
Brick
Mangold
I love linebackers, Id go with Vilma. Or Rhodes, but I say Vilma is the safe bet.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kerry Rhodes
Jerricho Cotchery
Vilma
Coles
Brick
Mangold
Personally I'd go for Rhodes because he's my favorite player on the team and Vilma has struggled a bit in the defense thus far. Plus Vilma jerseys are pretty popular, Rhodes would be something different.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:

Kerry Rhodes
Jerricho Cotchery
Vilma
Coles
Brick
Mangold
Personally I'd go for Rhodes because he's my favorite player on the team and Vilma has struggled a bit in the defense thus far. Plus Vilma jerseys are pretty popular, Rhodes would be something different.
If you just wanna be different, go Cotchery before everyone realizes how amazing a receiver he is.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:

Kerry Rhodes
Jerricho Cotchery
Vilma
Coles
Brick
Mangold
If you just wanna be different, go Cotchery before everyone realizes how amazing a receiver he is.
That would definitely be something different. I just personally prefer defense to offense so I'd go Rhodes. But Cotchery would probably be number 2 on my list.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go cotchery

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm personally getting a Rhodes jersey soon cuz I think it looks pretty cool and he is beast.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
I'm personally getting a Rhodes jersey soon cuz I think it looks pretty cool and he is beast.
Yeah, i'm looking to get Rhodes.

I've looked all over the internet and can't find one- nflshop.com and reebok online any1 know any other sites where i can get 1, cuz most sites just have like Pennington and Vilma and Coles.

^^Sig From Nvot9