Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Agreed. That's why I'm all about Willis this year. Him and Gocong fight for SLB time this year, and whatever player wins that, the other is the future at MLB.

I think Gocong could be a very good 4-3 MLB too. I'd just be worried about having him play 3 different positions in 3 years.
I love PWillis, but now that we are making a playoff run I don't think we will be in position to draft him without trading up. We will also be past Laron Landry at that point I believe so we could go in several different directions, depending on what we decide to do in free agency. In the event that a safety is not brought in in free agency, we could take Michael Griffin with our first rounder assuming his stock stays the same, and then for LB we could take Anthony Waters in the second, maybe even the third round. I've watched him play many times since I love Clemson, and he is a playmaker. Patrick Willis is the better prospect, but Waters has a lot of potential. He's a quick sideline to sideline LB, and racks up tackles. He also led the ACC in first hits he's also pretty good in coverage, at the very least noticeably better than Trotter. His injury is a concern, but by the combine we should no where he's at and whether he's worth drafting. If he can fully recover, I wouldn't mind passing up picking a LB in the first round as long as we get him. We need a stud in our LB corps.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Waters will probably be a day 2 pick. I love the guy, but he was a 2nd-3rd rounder before the ACL tear. The injury won't do anything but hurt him.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just looked up Waters on another site, and I like him as a later round pick. The ACL tear is a concern, but he has abilities and instincts. I'd be fine taking him as a developmental prospect. More talent can't hurt.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HAdalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.
Exactly, he's thirty. I think Cole will be at his level by that time too.

Quote:
Since when is Briggs a product of the system? It seems like you just made that up.
Just what I've heard. That's the reason they supposedly would be ok with letting him go.

Quote:
Imagine June in a 4-3.
Since when doesn't Indy run a 4-3?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the Colts always run a 4-3, but I'd never want him. He's way to undersized and isn't all that great at stopping the run which we've had some consistancy problems there.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:43 AM    (permalink

We run a Cover 2. It's different.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, I like the way this defense is playing right now, and I don't want to mess with the chemistry. We all know it takes at least a year to get situated in Jim Johnson's defense. I'd rather have a rookie learning and growing into the system with Gaither and Dhani out there than paying a lot of money to Cato June or Briggs.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe
Cover Two is way different than a traditional 4-3.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-29-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Dillen, I know June is fast, but do you think he has the size, leverage, and shedding ability to play SLB in our defense under Johnson? I have no idea...

Old 12-29-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
Dillen, I know June is fast, but do you think he has the size, leverage, and shedding ability to play SLB in our defense under Johnson? I have no idea...
No way. He would get eaten up at strongside in 4-3. Plus he couldn't tackle a junior high runningback.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No way. If people think McCoy is weak and gets blocked too easily, I wonder what they'd think if they have a worse player making 5x as much.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Lawrence Timmons is declaring. If Landry, Nelson, Willis, Griffin, and Revis are gone he'd be my next choice. Easily the best SLB prospect. I'd move Gocong back to DE then.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-29-2006, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Sounds like a long list, Dillen. Still, if the Eagles win their first playoff game, they won't draft until 25th at the earliest. Tough to say they'll do any worse than that, especially if they have the home game agaisnt the weak #6 seed.

I can't find much on Timmons on this and other sites. Can you give us some details?

Old 12-29-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sounds like a long list, Dillen. Still, if the Eagles win their first playoff game, they won't draft until 25th at the earliest. Tough to say they'll do any worse than that, especially if they have the home game agaisnt the weak #6 seed.

I can't find much on Timmons on this and other sites. Can you give us some details?
Ha, yeah long list. 5 deep, always be prepared.

Timmons has pretty good size, off the top of my head 6'3" 230. He looks pretty stocky to me though, although it might be the pads. Really fast. Strong. Very good blitzer. Hard hitter.

I looked up his stats. He's listed at 6'3" 227. 74 tackles, 13 TFL, 5 sacks, INT, 2 FR, 3 TDs, 2 blocked kicks.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-29-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

http://www.wmmr.com/upload/jaxon/budlight.mp3

Old 12-29-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
HAdalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.
Exactly, he's thirty. I think Cole will be at his level by that time too.

Quote:
Since when is Briggs a product of the system? It seems like you just made that up.
Just what I've heard. That's the reason they supposedly would be ok with letting him go.

Quote:
Imagine June in a 4-3.
That my friend is crazy, not that I wouldn't love it if he was :D . Trent Cole is good, and has the potential to be very good, but Adalius Thomas plays and has played 9 different positions on defense for the Ravens. Cole has versatility as well, but I don't think he has a chance of becoming versatile enough to play defensive back, and he doesn't have heft enough to anchor the defensive line at nose tackle like Thomas can. All I am saying is that Thomas is one of a kind and can be plugged in anywhere while Trent Cole can't.

As for Briggs, maybe he's a product of the system, I don't think he is though, he's big he's fast and he's a playmaker, he would be a good but expensive addition.

I would be pissed if we wasted money to bring in June. He can't defend the run at all, and would actually be worse than what we have right now.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Ha, yeah long list. 5 deep, always be prepared.

Timmons has pretty good size, off the top of my head 6'3" 230. He looks pretty stocky to me though, although it might be the pads. Really fast. Strong. Very good blitzer. Hard hitter.

I looked up his stats. He's listed at 6'3" 227. 74 tackles, 13 TFL, 5 sacks, INT, 2 FR, 3 TDs, 2 blocked kicks.
Based on that Timmons sounds pretty good to me. It sounds like he can bring more to the LB position than just tackling, maybe some sacks and qb pressures? That would be a nice change, and if we replace Dhani at SLB we could probably use him as a backup at both OLB spots since he has played them both. Nelson and Revis I don't know enough about but I will take a look at them. As for Waters, if he has his speed back before the draft, I hope we draft him, if not, I hope we stay away. We could use some speed for our MLB after Trotter is gone.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

Anyways I don't really like Dhani's play hes been alright but nothing special. But Gaither should stay a starter.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

Anyways I don't really like Dhani's play hes been alright but nothing special. But Gaither should stay a starter.
227 out of college isn't that bad, he can get up to 245 pretty soon I bet, and 6'3 245 is a pretty good size for a SLB, maybe even a little heavier.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan

People overblow size way too much. I can understand if he's 5'11" 220 like Cato June, but he's going to bulk up for the NFL anyways. You think it really matters if a mammoth guard is blocking a 227 pound guy versus a 235 guy? The only thing that matters is the players strength, not mass.

Eagles signed Herremans to a 5 year extension worth $16M with a $5M signing bonus. You can always trust the current front office with the lineman. They do an absolutely fantastic job with them.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-30-2006, 09:59 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think the extension is so that we can keep him entrenched at LG for the long-term, or because we plan on moving him back outside in a year or two?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do you think the extension is so that we can keep him entrenched at LG for the long-term, or because we plan on moving him back outside in a year or two?
I'm pretty sure the plan is to keep him at guard for a little, but once Runyan leaves he will move out to RT. MJG will eventually take over, hopefully he will be ready, but since we have Juan Castillo as our offensive line coach, I have no doubt that he will be. Seriously, there are only a few if any who are better at bringing along young offensive linemen than Castillo, I'm glad we have him.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

I'd actually throw Justin Blalock into my list of 6 players. Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Blalock is awesome. Maybe Joe Staley at RT.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-30-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd actually throw Justin Blalock into my list of 6 players. Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Blalock is awesome. Maybe Joe Staley at RT.
That would be one big o-line, but yet great. Imagine if we cud get a big RB. Because even though Westbrook has ran greta this year he hasn't had as much touches as he cud get with his great ypc. I'd like to see him behind that o-line in a couple years though. But knowing Reid we proly won't need a RB that would run 25-35 times a game.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:55 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any chance you guys lay down tomorrow to skip the Giants?

Be another way of screwing the Cowboys.

Seattle is easily more beatable. You get a better draft choice.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote