Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also interesting is that, in terms of percentage of passing plays when ahead in the second half, the Eagles were first last year with 59%. Giving further credence to BBD's point.

Although I would add that I'd like to pound the ball with Buckhalter more than Westbrook in those type of situations, to preserve Westbrook some.

Last edited by Geo : 08-26-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team already said that it would be lessening Westbrook's touches this year using Buck and Booker. Booker can approximate much of what Westbrook does, and we all agree that Buck can pound the ball well between the tackles. Buck's being 2 years removed from his third major knee surgery helps.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
noooo, we (the Giants) are probably the worst screen pass team in the league. im actually quite disappointed in that, we need to improve on that.
Jacobs would probably just drop a good amount of them anyways, his hands aren't that great. Bradshaw coming in might tip off the opposing defense.

(btw, the Giants offense was most effective - by a large margin - on three wide receiver sets. Good thing they drafted Steve Smith, now hope Manningham can step in when Toomer steps out.)

Much thanks to Pro Football Prospects 2008 for all this btw.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Jacobs would probably just drop a good amount of them anyways, his hands aren't that great. Bradshaw coming in might tip off the opposing defense.

(btw, the Giants offense was most effective - by a large margin - on three wide receiver sets. Good thing they drafted Steve Smith, now hope Manningham can step in when Toomer steps out.)

Much thanks to Pro Football Prospects 2008 for all this btw.
The Giants offense is based on a 3 WR set. The TE is really just a blocker in our scheme, thats why Shockey never put up the numbers he wanted. Thats also why Eli struggled prior to Steve Smith emerging as our #3 WR. For an offense built on a 3 WR set, we only had 2 WRs worth caring for, and one of them (Burress) not being the best route runner in the world.

Once we got a credible slot WR in there Eli finally "turned the corner" (i hate that term, bc its far from the truth).

I actually like what im seeing from Hixon, and think that he can be Toomer's replacement. Eli and him have chemistry too.

but anyway, this is the Eagles discussion, lets not sidetrack.

Many don't know Stewart Bradley's name outside of the Philly faithful, but Im tellin ya, this guy could be a pro bowler this year. Bradley is a beast.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah BBD Bradley looks good. He's a perfect MLB in our scheme, akin to Jeremiah Trotter. Plays great downhill. Gaither has progressed well in his first two years and if he and Bradley can be as good as advertised, the Eagles could have a nice set of LBs if Gocong can also progress. I still think Gocong is a better 3-4 OLB.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

back to the Westbrook thing, Westy gets his touches. Last year he had 278 carries and 90 receptions and If memory serves me right, I think Westbrook missed 1 game completely and at least half of another. He had the ball 368 times last season, LT had the ball 375 times so there is not that big of a difference. Westbrook would have most likely surpassed that number had he played all 16 games. I like Westy the way he is, 15-20 carries a game and 3-7 receptions a game. Westy isn't very durable so, I like the fact that Andy keeps his workload down. I think a misconception about the Eagles is that the Eagles pass way too much. Literally that is true, but alot of the passing is used as the running game with short/screen patterns and forcing WRs to get YAC.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Many don't know Stewart Bradley's name outside of the Philly faithful, but Im tellin ya, this guy could be a pro bowler this year. Bradley is a beast.
I'm not sure if he is a Pro-Bowler this year, and I am one of Bradley biggest backers. I've been on this kid like you wouldn't beleive since we drafted him. I think he can play like a Pro-Bowl MIKE this year, but in most cases, you need some sort of cred built up before fans really begin to care about voting you in. There are the rare cases like we have had recently with Merriman, Tatupu, Texans MIKE (freakin names), and Patrick Willis that are Pro-Bowl LBs their first year in the league, but that really doesn't happen a lot. (Bradley would basically be a rookie, first year starting out as a starter.) I definitely think he has the potential to be great. I do like What Gerris Wilkinson does for the Giants though, I liked him when he entered the league, though, ignoring homerism, I like Bradley more.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My final 53 man roster predicition:

Offense:

QB: McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
RB: Westy, Bucky, Booker
FB: Davis
WR: Curtis, Brown, Jackson, Avant, Baskett
TE: Smith, Celek, Schoebel
LT: Thomas, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, Young
C: Jackson, Cole
RG: Andrews, MJG
RT: Runyan, Justice

Total: 25

Defense:

LDE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons
RDE: Cole, Howard, McDougle
DT: Bunkley, Patterson, Laws, Klecko
WLB: Gaither, Jordan
MLB: Bradley, Mays
SLB: Gocong, Boiman
CB: Samuel, Brown, Sheppard, Hanson
FS: Dawkins, Reed, Demps
SS: Mikell, Considine

Special Teams:
K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Total: 53
Young guys IRed or put on the practice squad:
RB/FB Tony Hunt
OL: Mike McGlynn
RDE: Bryan Smith
SLB: Andy Studebaker
S: Marcus Paschal (eligibility: ?)
CB: Nick Graham (eligibilty: ?)
There are others, those are just some of the fringe guys that I thought I'd bring up.

Some things I could see going the other way:

Greg Lewis may make the team as a 6th WR, but that would put one of the Free Safeties out, IMO. Most likely Reed. Either that or Reed is moved to SS and Considine is cut. Reed is versatile enough to play either S, IMO.

McGlynn getting the spot over Scott Young

Studebaker getting the backup SLB over Boiman

Bryan Smith making the roster and putting either McDougle or Howard out of a job.

Abiamiri beign put on IR from his wrist and Smith making it as a RDE, putting Howard or McDougle at LDE.

Tony Hunt winning the FB position.

Wilson wins the third TE position.

Graham makes the team as the 5th CB, putting in a similar situation if GLew makes the team. Either Reed or Considine would go.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Texans MIKE (freakin names),
DeMeco Ryans.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thank you, I had it when I was writing it, but lost it, and figured there was little point in trying to get it back. Perhaps I have some unknown concussion that caused damage to my brain that I never knew about, or there is just domehting worng in my head, but names can be killers for me sometimes, and it makes it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about, which really ticks me off. I rmemeber everything else very well, especially numnbers. Who knows, maybe I'm just dumb, haha.

Holy crap, maybe I'm dyslexic too. That paragraph is pretty butchered.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well 8 have been released, and all of the guys I have on the roster are still there. So far so good.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I think Wilson makes the team because of his value to special teams.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He was cut, I beleive.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My final 53 man roster predicition:

Offense:

QB: McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
RB: Westy, Bucky, Booker
FB: Davis
WR: Curtis, Brown, Jackson, Avant, Baskett
TE: Smith, Celek, Schoebel
LT: Thomas, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, Young
C: Jackson, Cole
RG: Andrews, MJG
RT: Runyan, Justice

Defense:

LDE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons
RDE: Cole, Howard, McDougle
DT: Bunkley, Patterson, Laws, Klecko
WLB: Gaither, Jordan
MLB: Bradley, Mays
SLB: Gocong, Boiman
CB: Samuel, Brown, Sheppard, Hanson
FS: Dawkins, Reed, Demps
SS: Mikell, Considine

Special Teams:
K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Total: 53
Young guys IRed or put on the practice squad:
RB/FB Tony Hunt
OL: Mike McGlynn
RDE: Bryan Smith
SLB: Andy Studebaker
S: Marcus Paschal (eligibility: ?)
CB: Nick Graham (eligibilty: ?)
There are others, those are just some of the fringe guys that I thought I'd bring up.

Some things I could see going the other way:

Greg Lewis may make the team as a 6th WR, but that would put one of the Free Safeties out, IMO. Most likely Reed. Either that or Reed is moved to SS and Considine is cut. Reed is versatile enough to play either S, IMO.

McGlynn getting the spot over Scott Young

Studebaker getting the backup SLB over Boiman

Bryan Smith making the roster and putting either McDougle or Howard out of a job.

Abiamiri beign put on IR from his wrist and Smith making it as a RDE, putting Howard or McDougle at LDE.

Tony Hunt winning the FB position.

Wilson wins the third TE position.

Graham makes the team as the 5th CB, putting in a similar situation if GLew makes the team. Either Reed or Considine would go.
I guess I was pretty close, but there wasn't much to screw up

The only changes:

Hunt is the FB

GLew is on the team, taking the tackle (Dunlap) out

Dunlap was IRed

McGlynn wasn't IRed and beat out Scott Young

Smith beat out McDougle.

Guys I expect on the practice squad:

FB Jed Collins

One or two of the WRs, maybe McBride will be in there

DT Mike Marquart

SLB Andy Studebaker

One of the CBs, Either Arrington or Fontenot. Maybe both.

That leaves two spots left, maybe the LB Roland will be there too.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm a little surprised no one posted in here since saturday.
Well McDougle is with the Giants, I hope that doesn't come back to bite us. I don't expect him to bloom into a superstar, but I just hope he succeeds, just not against us, haha.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Guys I expect on the practice squad:

FB Jed Collins

One or two of the WRs, maybe McBride will be in there

DT Mike Marquart

SLB Andy Studebaker

One of the CBs, Either Arrington or Fontenot. Maybe both.

That leaves two spots left, maybe the LB Roland will be there too.
Collins is on

McBride is on

Willie Reid is the other WR.

Marquart is on

Studebaker is on

Arrington is on

A tackle was added from somewhere else (Forget name, AGAIN)

I forget who the other member of the PS is, I'll check it.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I saw on Comcast the Eagles signed Tank Daniels, the LB we had a few years back who was with the Giants. I'm not sure if he is on the PS or is taking over one of the bvackup roles, will check that too.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 09-02-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Trae Williams, CB is the last guy on the PS, and Chris Patrick is the tackle. Tanks Daniels took Boiman's roster spot, one thing I am very happy about, I was nbot a big fan of his.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 09-02-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, Daniels is a much better STer and even looked great on D his rookie year, I'm happy about that move.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Plus he is younger, hopefully we can keep him around longer too, unless Studey continues to develop and takes over for him.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys thoughts on your LB corps?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
best in the East imo.

i have concerns about Dallas's ILBs I think they can be had. But Philly is lights out across the board.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
best in the East imo.

i have concerns about Dallas's ILBs I think they can be had. But Philly is lights out across the board.
Really, my only concern is Gocong, i just don't like him as olb for the 4-3. I don't think he would do much as a 4-3 end, so I guess olb is the way for him, just we could get someone better.

Other than that I like all the other Lbs even the backups are beast.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Really, my only concern is Gocong, i just don't like him as olb for the 4-3. I don't think he would do much as a 4-3 end, so I guess olb is the way for him, just we could get someone better.

Other than that I like all the other Lbs even the backups are beast.
in that scheme, the sam is just a run stopper or a pass rusher anyway. he does it well.

I think Gaither is a very good WILL, and Bradley is a PB caliber MIKE. Its hard to compare them to the Cowboys bc the scheme is totally different, but pound for pound I like Philly's backers better.

In fact, I think pound for pound Philly has a better defense period. Philly scares me this year. I think Philly could have the best team in the East.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hard to say. On one hand they could be the best in the East like BBD said, and on the other hand they could be a pretty big disappointment if they don't live up to their potential.

Stewart Bradley could either be a future pro bowler or a borderline starter/backup. He has great size but isn't fast by any means. His first start last year he had a sack, an int, and like 8 tackles, hopefully he continues that trend going into this season.

With Omar Gaither you know you have a solid starter but nothing is outstanding about him. He isn't overly athletic or big but is around the ball a lot and led the team in tackles last year.

Chris Gocong could be the best blitzer of the bunch and could even line up at DE if needed. Not the best in coverage but has great size obviously as a former DE and has been a pleasant surprise in run defense.

At backup we'll start with Akeem Jordan, he has good size and athleticism and Jim Johnson has said if something happens to Gaither he wouldn't have a problem at all putting Jordan in at WILL, and he doesn't say that about a lot of players.

Rookie Joe Mays is the backup MLB and looks like a beast, draws comparisons to London Fletcher at 5'11 but runs down hill very well and is a tackling machine and even lead the league in tackles in preseason with 30 I believe. Could use a lot of work in pass coverage.

Tank Daniels at backup SAM as previously mentioned is a very solid backup and was even competing for starter at SAM against Gocong early last year but didn't win the battle, Bradley being a SAM at the time we didn't have enough spots so he didn't make the cut which is why he ended up with the giants.

All in all LB could end up being a strength of the team which is a far cry from the days of Keith Adams and Nate Wayne, albeit Jeremiah Trotter was a beast back then.