Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
in that scheme, the sam is just a run stopper or a pass rusher anyway. he does it well.

I think Gaither is a very good WILL, and Bradley is a PB caliber MIKE. Its hard to compare them to the Cowboys bc the scheme is totally different, but pound for pound I like Philly's backers better.

In fact, I think pound for pound Philly has a better defense period. Philly scares me this year. I think Philly could have the best team in the East.
Not surprising, I was just watching ESPN this morning and a bunch of the analysts there were talking about Philly as the team that will surprise people. And so long as McNabb and Westbrook are healthy, I think they will.

Reason I asked about the LB corps is because I really don't have a good clue about how they have developed since being drafted. I'm familiar with the names as draft prospects, but haven't watched them enough to know if they've surpassed their draft values. I know Gocong was a sleeper that Philly took a little to early to now call him a sleeper and I liked Bradley as one of those gritty hard working types with limited upside, but didn't know how far he's come. I think Gaither improved a lot last season and I think he'll get even better this season if he can get to the QB and cause more turnovers. I know nothing of the backups though.

While I disagree with BBD that they are a better group than the Cowboys LBs as a whole, I do agree with him that it's not really a fair comparison considering the difference in schemes.

As for Philly's D being better than Dallas' D, there is a strong case there, but I usually tend to think Dallas gets overly criticized because of Roy Williams. I don't really care to debate the issue since the season is about to reveal it to us soon enough.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I did have a nice, eloquent, intelligent, informative post written about our LBs, but my ******* computer at work shut down, for no ******* reason right as I clicked the post reply. It took me 40 minutes to write. I am SOOOOO pissed. I'll re-write it later, I'm too angry right now. I swear once this thing gets thrown out, I'm gonna go Office Space on this thing like they did the fax machine, or whatever the hell it was.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ON a side note where is EF 45, another suspension?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Wow, just checked the members list and he wasn't on there. Did he get banned?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Well I did have a nice, eloquent, intelligent, informative post written about our LBs, but my ******* computer at work shut down, for no ******* reason right as I clicked the post reply. It took me 40 minutes to write. I am SOOOOO pissed. I'll re-write it later, I'm too angry right now. I swear once this thing gets thrown out, I'm gonna go Office Space on this thing like they did the fax machine, or whatever the hell it was.
HAHA. Oh not laughing at your post... it's happened to me many a time, so I know what you mean. I was laughing at that Office Space relation. I always wanted to do that.

As for EF45, he's gone.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
HAHA. Oh not laughing at your post... it's happened to me many a time, so I know what you mean. I was laughing at that Office Space relation. I always wanted to do that.

As for EF45, he's gone.
Dammit EF45 was my darkhorse to win the full neg rep race.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

YEEEEESSSSSS!!!. That kid pissed me off to no end. What did he do, or was it just a compilation of his crap?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well, I will be doing it, and I'm sure the feeling afterward will be nothing but complete fulfillment. :D

Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Sorry for not getting the Britt/Greene evaluations up last night. My day wasn't exactly the best, and was a little hectic, and when I got home in the evening, I just felt like relaxing, and that is what I did. I'll try to get them up tonight.

I was watching my aunts pets for her since Saturday (Which is why I couldn't get them up right away) and got home last evening and had laundry and all other types of stupid little things like that, combine that with food shopping and cleaning up weeds and taking them to our recycling center, I just felt like relaxing when I got home. It didn't help that work sucked balls yesterday as well.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

OK, explanation on LBs, take 2...

Starting WILL. Omar Gaither has developed into a solid NFL LB over his first two plus years in the league. Doesn't have blistering speed or athletecism, but he just gets the job done. Is very instinctuial and always near the ball. Is a good tackler, but could still improve. Has developed into a defensive leader, no small feat considering the leadership of Dawkins on this defense. Is capable of playing either MIKE or WILL, but WILL is his best fit in the NFL IMO. Despite hsi lack of great speed, he is great in coverage, and is contantly breaking up plays. Doesn't cover like a CB by any stretch fo the imagination, but covers very well for a LB. Doesn't have overly great hands, and as a result, will not come up with many interceptions, but has lots of passes defended. Very good in the run game as well, can make plays inside or outside. A definite steal when you consider he was a fifth round pick from Tennessee. Gaither is pretty much a what you see is what you get type of guy. With continued progeression, he has a strong chance of being a Pro-Bowl LB in a year or two.

Starting MIKE. Stewart Bradley is a very promising young LB, who can play at either MIKE or SAM. Unlike Gaither, Bradley has great size at the LB position. In his little action, all he does is make plays. Though many draft pundits said he wasn't fast enough, or overly athletic, he is a very balanced MLB. He has very long arms and big hands, which, combined with his better than expected athletecism, make him a very good coverage MIKE. He is also a very strong, instinctual LB, and is very good in the running game, whether it be clogging holes, taking on blockers, or shooting gaps and making plays, he can do it. Like Gaither, I noticed (last season and while I was at TC) Bradley has always seemed near the action. I have high expectations for this guy, and if he performs like I think he will, we will have a perennial Pro-Bowler on our hands with this guy.

Starting SAM. Chris Gocong has progresses each year since he was drafted three years ago in the third round. Gocong also has great size and strength. A former DE at Cal Poly Tech, Gocong, like all of our Starting LBs, are very smart and very instinctual. Could imporve a bit on his tackling. Takes on blockers well and is also able to shoot gaps. Is a defintie threat in blitszes. He's nowhere near a Shawn Merriman type OLB, but with his continued progression, he could certainly make a big difference in getting pressure on the QB. His best game last season was against the Patriots, where like most of the season, he seemed half a step away from a bunch of sacks. Is still improving on his coverage skills, and does need improvement there, especially considering the TEs and some of the RBs he has to cover in his division. He will break up a few passes, but isn't a threat to return one, and gets very few (if any) INTs. He is the weakies of our starting LBs in coverage, so he will either come out of the game in Nickle packages or play some DE (rarely). As long as he steadily improves, he will develop into a solid NFL LB.

Overall, the starting LBs. This is a young, talented group with tons of potential. The most experienced LB is Omar Gaither, and he is entering his third season in the NFL. Gocong is also in his third year, but didn't play as a rookie (w3as on IR). As the season progresses, at least one, if not two of these guys will show they are great NFL LB. These positions will go from being looked at as a question mark, to a great strength by the end of the season.

Backup WILL. Ahkeem Jordan is a talented LB who also has tons of potential. In his limited playing time, like Bradley, he just made plays. Has decent size and is good in coverage. Like it was said before, if Gaither would go down, the defense would not suffer a huge loss with Jordan filling in for him. Is a very good special teams player, and has tns of value in return coverage.

Backup MIKE. Joe Mays is a sixth round rookie has has made a huge impression this year, and looks like he could be a great steal. Is a solid tackler, and a big hitter as well, he definitely has earned his nickname, "headbuster". Very strong in run support, and as said by many, a downhill LB. Reminds me a bit of a faster Jeremiah Trotter. His wekaness is in coverage, and though he has made soem plays, could defintiely improve in this aspect of his game. He will oly improve here with expereince and proper tutelege. Could fill in at MIKE this year if Bradley went down, and the defense would lose a bit, but not much at all. Aslo, if Gocong woudl get injured, I think there is a possibilitiy that Braldey would move to SAM and Mays would take over at MIKE.

Backup SAM. Tank Daniels, who was originally picked up by the eagles as a UDFA, was released last year and signed by the Giants. But is back this year and is familiar with the system. Definitely a better option than Rocky Boiman who he replaced. Since he is rleatively new, I haven't had the opportunity to see him too much, but he was challenging for the Starting SLB position last year. He is very good in Specail teams coverage, where he will also have added value.

Backups overall. This is also a young group with tons of talent and potential in Jordan and Mays. There is tons of Special teams production here with Jordan and Daniels.

...This isn't nearly as good as the one I had yesterday, but I did want to get it up.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 09-04-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well the skins are pretty much sucking it up. The Giants are playing well, especailly the defense. Lets hop ethe Skins can gain some momentum off of that TD.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Did anybody else get an almost empty feeling watching the pregame celebration last night for the Giants? I did. I couldn't hlep but invision this time next year Dawk doing the same thing, and i've got to be honest, it put a lump in my throat. I just can't wait until the day when the Eagles finally win their championship.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Wow, activity here has been dead recnetly. Come on guys lets pick it up.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Almost forgot, my aunt met Bill Bergey yesterday. She works at a hospital, and one of the patients there had a dying wish, and it was to meet Bill Bergey. she just happened to be in his room when Bergey got there, so she met him and was speaking with him for a little bit. She said she got some autographs. She told me, she saw him, and the first thing that popped into her head was, "He's huge!!!" Yes three exclamation points, she even stated each one, haha.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHHHHHHHHH BRIAN WESTBROOK IS AWESOME!

Just because..
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Pitiful attempt sniper, pitiful attempt. ;)

Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Pitiful attempt sniper, pitiful attempt. ;)
Well, it's gameday now. Predictions?

Philadelphia 27
St. Louis 7

Westbroook with 18 carries, 123 yards, 1 TD and 6 receptions, 55 yards and a TD. DeSean Jackson catches a slant for a TD, and our punt return average will be above 7 yards per return! I'm also feeling a pick from the Dawk man and one from Litizzle.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I say it is 28- 13 Philly. DeSean catches a TD to go with his 7 catch, 83 yard performance. Westy has 17 rushes for 98 yards (he seems to have a lot of games where he is just shy of 100 yards rushing) and TD. He also has 7 catches for 61 yards and TD. Either LJ or Baksett/Lewis will get the other TD, and Akers will miss a FG, which will have a ton of Eagles fans clamoring for a new Kicker.

Cole will get a sack and one of our DTs will get one as well. Gocong will get a sack and a few hurries. (There will be more sacks, just don't know who) Bradley will have a great game, and show up everywhere. One of our CBs will get a pick (I'll say Lito) but Lito will also get burnt, as he is trying to do to much to win back a starting spot. Q will have a crushing hit. and Rocca will boom a 55+ yards punt.

Well lots of predictions there. At least one of them will be right, or very close to it, haha.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I moved our predicitons over to the gameday thread. that is actually where they should go. We should discuss them there.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I Hope Reggie is back for the boys' game because the Rams have one of the worst secondaries I've seen in a long time. And the boys' did a good job of containing Cleveland's receivers even though Braylon dropped a TD and 5 other passes. I like our chances as long as we can pressure Romo he had all day to throw.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flat out dominating performance. McNabb for the most part had time to throw, and the receivers found spots in the zone and got good matchups. I think LJ is all the way back, and the Eagles ran the ball excellently and with authority. I'd like to see more pounding with Buck and Hunt, and more snaps for Booker, but I'm sure that will come about soon enough. Not a lot to complain about on the day.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
I Hope Reggie is back for the boys' game because the Rams have one of the worst secondaries I've seen in a long time. And the boys' did a good job of containing Cleveland's receivers even though Braylon dropped a TD and 5 other passes. I like our chances as long as we can pressure Romo he had all day to throw.
I want him back too, but only if he is 100%. Otherwise, he won't help the offense. IF he's 100% yes, but until he is 100% I would prefer that if he is in games, it is in a limited role. I like our chances as well. We will be able to get much more pressre than the Browns did, and our secondary is better to boot. Even if he does have time, his receivers will have less opportunities to be open. And Dallas does have good CBs, but Hamlin, playign FS, is a natural SS, and we all know how Roy Williams is in coverage. Don't get me wrong, there are things on the Eagles that the boys can exploit, but overall I think our defense is a little better, which will help in our matchup with them. I expect a close game, as most NFC East battles are.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Flat out dominating performance. McNabb for the most part had time to throw, and the receivers found spots in the zone and got good matchups. I think LJ is all the way back, and the Eagles ran the ball excellently and with authority. I'd like to see more pounding with Buck and Hunt, and more snaps for Booker, but I'm sure that will come about soon enough. Not a lot to complain about on the day.
I wouldn't say they did an excellent job running, they got what they had to, and that is about it. But you don't need to do excellent when your passing that well. LJ does look back, and that is a very underrated aspect of the offense that will help us. I agree about your comments on our "other" RBs.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah LJ looks back to his old self not always a good thing.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ is playing tough and playing well thusfar. Him + Celek can really stretch the middle of a defense. I also think that a lot of the rushing success was predicated on TE blocking.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote