Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has my boy Omar Gaither been? He's been starting recently right?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:21 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
He has looked very good filling in for Matt McCoy on the weakside, very strong against the run, and solid in coverage. I would really like to see them have Omar battle it out with Gocong next year for the starting SLB spot.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
He has looked very good filling in for Matt McCoy on the weakside, very strong against the run, and solid in coverage. I would really like to see them have Omar battle it out with Gocong next year for the starting SLB spot.
He should get the SLB start.
The Eagles are set though wuth the DLine. Mike Patterson, Darwin Walker or Bunkley, Kearse, Cole or Howard who will be strting out of them
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Darwin Walker is awful. He actually showed up last game, but that was the first time since like week 4. I'd love for the Eagles to trade him for a 4th rounder or so, to a team that only sees his production with 6 sacks or whatever it is.

Next year it should be Kearse - Patterson - Bunkley - Howard but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayburn start.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
oscar

Definately agree with you there. We got to get Walker out here. It's time to get Bunkley some more reps. And, I don't think Gocong has a chance to start over Gaither. Gaither has looked really solid for us. We have yet to see anything from Gocon which is partially from the injury.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Gaither wont start at SLB next year. They started him at MLB this year and now he's playing WLB, they're not going to have him learn a 3rd position in his 2nd year.

We haven't seen anything from Gocong entirely due to his injury. He didn't even play in the preseason.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-31-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Divsion Champs!

We mixed up the o-line quite abit going with Herremans - Jackson - Cole - Young - Andrews

I really want Justice to play in teh 2nd half though
Old 12-31-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Darwin Walker is awful. He actually showed up last game, but that was the first time since like week 4. I'd love for the Eagles to trade him for a 4th rounder or so, to a team that only sees his production with 6 sacks or whatever it is.

Next year it should be Kearse - Patterson - Bunkley - Howard but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayburn start.
Well Bunkley has been looking good in this game so far, he's letting himself get turned around and having to backpedal but thats just a rookie mistake that can be fixed. Kearse Cole Howard will be a great end rotation again. I really like Mike Patterson he takes up a lot of double teams, but Walker is the worst, he rarely ever does anything about it. We get absolutely no push from the defensive tackles because Walker never does it. Bunkley looks physical out there and has gotten double teamed quite a bit himself.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
I really want Justice to play in teh 2nd half though
He's inactive.

Bunkley has looked good. They just changed to the SF - DEN game though.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-31-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
oscar

How did Baskettt look? I saw the stats and they were great. Did he have any drops cause his hands are his main problem
Old 12-31-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar
How did Baskettt look? I saw the stats and they were great. Did he have any drops cause his hands are his main problem
Yeah, he dropped a slant.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-31-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar
Yeah, he dropped a slant.
Well, at least it was only one. I like this guy, but he needs to work a bit more on his hands.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink

I blame our success to the run game with Westbrook my fave player. If we ran more with Mcnabb here we would probably be 14-2 or sumthing.

ANyways considering that Feeley played great, who thinks that he could have played just has good as Garcia if he was in the past 5 weeks.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Posluszny is haveing an amazing game vs Tennessee, I know some of u guys don't want him, but he looks for real during this game. And he's playing in the middle
Old 01-01-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I noticed during the game is that Considine gets good positioning to make big plays but the guy can't catch he had one interception but he should have had 3. I do not like Considine as a starter, we need to draft a safety.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Damn Koy Detmer is back on the roster. :(
Old 01-03-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Is Omar Jacobs still on your team? Has he been on the sidelines?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:
He's on the Practice Squad still

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:
He's on the Practice Squad still
I actually really liked him, at the combine he was one of the best QB's there, in terms of performance. he was passing with great touch and accuracy. I was suprised how far he fell. And he's better than Detmer, also Detmer is old so there's not much point of putting him in, but I guess they know what there doing
Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
WolverinesFan45

Detmer is only back to hold kicks for David Akers. Don't think anything of the signing besides that we wont have to worry about botched snaps on XPs or FGs. David has always said he loved Detmer as the holder.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine having Koy back to hold kicks. He always did that well, and it was the main reason why he was on the team the last few seasons. As long as he's performing well in that role, I am happy to have him back as an Eagle.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have said several times that picking up Jacobs and stashing him on the practice squad and in NFL Europe will do the team a ton of good. I think he has a tremendous skill set, and he should be a commodity that the coaches can develop nicely.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Being Stallworth is still unsigned, and Dwayne Bowe is expected to go around the late 1st, I would be very happy with we drafting Bowe. He has all the physical tools to be very good. I did catch the LSU game last night and he did play pretty good, but Russell only looked his way on 4-5 ocasions.

Here's what Scott said on him:

HERE
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles didn't extend Stallworth to avoid upgrading the pick they traded to a third rounder. I'm guessing there have been talks about resigning him once he becomes a FA, but they're not going to give up a third rounder, when they can wait and give up only a 4th.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

You can bet Stallworth is going to get an offer very quickly, he's easily the best FA WR this year...it'll drive the price up. If Reid really would take the risk of losing Stallworth just so he doesn't lose a 3rd rounder he needs his head examined. Stallworth is going to be miles better than any 3rd rounder. I'm willing to bet he's better than ANY 3rd rounder the Eagles have drafted under Reid, other than Westbrook. Hell, he'd probably be better than any 2nd rounder the Eagles have had.

The Eagles aren't so good at drafting in the 2nd - 3rd round that they can't afford to lose a pick. They find good players in the first and then find many good players on the 2nd day. The last Modrak draft was 1998 so the 1999 draft was Reid's first. Look at his later day 1 picks.

Doug Brzezinski
Bobbie Williams
Derrick Burgess
Quinton Caver
Michael Lewis
Sheldon Brown
Brian Westbrook
L.J Smith

Billy McMullen
Matt Ware
Matt McCoy
Ryan Moats

The bolded are good players. McCoy and Moats are decent but shouldn't be counted as hitting on a pick.

Stallworth needs to be re-signed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesnt, which would frustrate the hel out of me.

Thanks to jkpigskin