Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they don't resign Stallworth, it will be a waste of a 4th round pick on a guy who barely got a chance to work with McNabb due to injuries to both players. After all, why bring him in if you're not going to keep him? Seems very unlike Reid/Heckert to make that kind of move.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
sirsmokealot28
Rookie

sirsmokealot28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh they already talked about why stallworth was a good fit and one of the main reasons was his age. they were excited about him making an impact for years to come, and likely the rest of mcnabb's career. now the eagles have a solid corp of young recievers who all have big play ability. i think its stallworth, brown, baskett next season.

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?
sirsmokealot28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I think I have any idea about Andy Reid and Heckert, they're stalling on the deal to avoid the upgrade, or they're focused on the playoffs right now and will deal with Dante after the season. I would be shocked not to see him back next season as WR1/2 with Brown.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?
Yah, I'd have to agree with you. More often then not when the conferance is as wide open as it is, the team with the less pressure or the underdog comes through. Hopefully Reid keeps them in check though
Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
sirsmokealot28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
yeah! even on cold pizza both skip bayless and the new guy that replaced woody paige played out the playoffs and BOTH have philadelphia playing san diego and losing in the superbowl.

i think its the popular pick b/c at this point in time philadelphia has emerged as the premiere team in the NFC besides the saints, who are clearly playing on emotion, and almost lost to the eagles earlier this season. i think the toughest game of the run will be the first one. i think playing on the road in new orleans is going to be easier than playing the new york giants for a THIRD time. i'm not looking past this game yet, so i'm not gonna even humor the thought of a superbowl. i just hope the seahawks dont finally come around now.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

They say the rule is, "pick the team with the best defense or the hottest team". The Bears have the most talented defense, but the Eagles have been hottest. I can see why the Eagles are a hot pick, but I'm very nervous about the attention. I almost feel like it will jinx the team...

Old 01-06-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it I hate all this media attention, just let the Eagles do their business, and if they do well, then we can all call them a wonderful cinderella story.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sirsmokealot28
Rookie

its still the saints conference to lose as far as i'm concerned, and am treating this like i did the last 5 games

Old 01-07-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What a game. Suck that Lito dislocated his elbow, but he'll be back.

Westbrook is jesus.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Will Lito come back next week or the week after after a dislocated elbow? That's just crazy...

Old 01-07-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't really know. Dislocated elbows are usually at least 2 weeks...I'd bet he'd be there for the NFCCG if/when they make it that far.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wooooowhoooooooooooooo

Good game :twisted:

Westy is amazing, and our o-line played very well
Old 01-07-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.
omg, that play was hilarious, Runyan takes out 2 guys and we don't lose anything, I was laughing my head off
Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys just wanted to say you have a hell of a talent in westbrook, should be a pro-bowler. Im rooting for you in the nfc now that my broncos are out.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Quote:
omg, that play was hilarious, Runyan takes out 2 guys and we don't lose anything, I was laughing my head off
He did get owned by Cofield.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 01-07-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
sirsmokealot28
Rookie

its clear westbrook and dawkins are the driving forces on this team right now. the team showed resilience in what i thought was going to be the toughest test they will face in the playoffs. i felt like the team was never in panic mode and controlled the flow for most of the game. if they continue this gameplan, into the future years with mcnabb at qb they will have extended success.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

Haha yes he is and that is what I like about him. I seriously don't know many offensive linemen who cheat more than Runyan, but he's a veteran and knows how to get away with it. That late hit and then us not getting any penalty was hilarious. Good game though, that was a great game.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes but thanks to him Runyan's actions went unpenalized, I heard that B. Short was punching LJ on the ground and thats why Runyan did it.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes but thanks to him Runyan's actions went unpenalized, I heard that B. Short was punching LJ on the ground and thats why Runyan did it.
I rewatched it....Short pushed off Smith to get up...which happens on almost every play. Runyan's plays were uncalled for.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

When I first saw it, I immediately thought, "oh $%&@#! Runyan's out of here..." While a lot of stuff happens at the bottom of a pile. it's completely moronic to haul off and hit someone after the play like that. Not only once, but twice. Objectively, I think Runyan was very lucky not to be ejected, and the Eagles are lucky that Colfield bailed them out.

While I LOVE the nastiness that Runyan brings to the field, I did not like this play at all. However, I will say that Runyan did have a pretty good game this week.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I rewatched it....Short pushed off Smith to get up...which happens on almost every play. Runyan's plays were uncalled for.
I don't know if Runyan saw Short puching whoever the Eagle was, but I also definitely saw the Giant (Short?) punching an Eagle in the nuts. Runyan pushed two guys and Colfield pushed back.

I think the penalties should offset because the Eagle is getting punched in the nuts on the replay. The refs may not have seen it, but in a playoff game, it was one of the few things the refs got right. That way they didn't affect the outcome of the game.

If you are saying Runyan should get kicked out, then so should Colfield because he pushed Runyan after the refs got in the middle. In fact, he pushed RUnyan into the ref. The nutcracker should also get fined.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win guys. Very close game, well fought. The stats down the line were damn near equal, and it reflected itself on the scoreboard. Philly was the better team that day, and deserved to win.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

This draft is getting so deep with all these players declaring, I hope more do so there's a higher chance that some quality players are there in the late 20's. I'm pumped