Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Anyone want to give me a little info on LJ Smith? Supposedly coming to Atlanta. I didn't like what I saw in games last year.
Run for the hills, my friend. Run for the hills.

Pros

- Does a decent job of finding the holes in zone defense
- Occasionally will surprise you with a ridiculous catch

Cons

- Can't block
- Can't run routes
- Is soft
- Complains about his lack of touches
- Has awful hands
- Drops a ton of passes
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add in to the cons: Carries the ball like he's trying to give it to the defense.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ljk2171
Rookie

ljk2171 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
4. It will allow the Eagles to address other needs through the draft. Maybe they'll bring in a 1st Round RB or WR now.

Take it for what it is worth, but on the radio this morning one of the more dependable hosts said that the Eagles wanted to take a RB early in the draft this year and groom him to replace Westbrook.
ljk2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Run for the hills, my friend. Run for the hills.

Pros

- Does a decent job of finding the holes in zone defense
- Occasionally will surprise you with a ridiculous catch

Cons

- Can't block
- Can't run routes
- Is soft
- Complains about his lack of touches
- Has awful hands
- Drops a ton of passes

Awesome....
Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, the more I think about the Andrews signing, the less I like it, and I don't even know what he's getting paid.

This forces Andrews to stay inside, which in itself is good, but it keeps guys like MJG and Nick Cole off the field, as well as Mike McGlynn possibly. May we have seen the end of Todd Herremans at LG? Possibly, especially if there is solid competition between him, MJG and Cole. We may see a big shakeup at LG and C. Perhaps MJG will be the LG and Cole will be the C next year. We already have several guys who can play RT, another isn't exactly a huge need.

Right now it might help Shawn out mentally, but sometimes working with family sucks, plain and simple. I know, speaking from personal experience here. I work in my family's business installing floors with my dad, two of his brothers, and one of his sisters. I get along with all of them well, but there are times when you are working with family that you get on eachother's nerves. I know Shawn will be dealing with that no matter who is at RT, but when its your own flesh and blood, you take it more personally when there are arguments or disagreements.

Not knowing the parameters of the contract, perhaps there is a way out for the team. (I'm sure there is because of the injury worries, actually.) But one thing I like about it is this... Shawn is around as long as his brother is, if not more, and as long as he is healthy, he is an elite Guard.

I guess I just was excited to see the young guys potentially take over in the near future, but perhaps there will still be opportunites for them, just will be a little more difficult, and perhaps one of the young guys may end up traded or have a contract expire, or be cut.

This isn't to say that I don't like it at all, because if both the brothers are healthy, the right side of the line is set for at least 3 years, if not more...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Awesome....
He's one of those guys that was always picked to be a breakout player but never did. In the end he will leave you hoping for that breakthrough, but will leave you unsatisfied in the end...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins signed with the broncos. FML
Old 02-27-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

!#%@%&!%@%&(*^@$$@AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. **** **** ****** ****** *** ***** $^&$^@#$.

Edit: There were a few words that didn't get *'d that would let you know what I said, so I went back and just *'d them so I don't get in trouble.

Gonna miss you Dawk, you've been a great player for us and we will miss you greatly. I'm actually sick right now...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

UUUUUUGHHHH. I am depressed right now. So from what I can gather the team must really like Demps.

He got progressively mroe PT as the season progressed as a rookie, not very often does that happen in the Eagles defense under Jim Johnson.

I heard the Eagles would only give Dawk a one year offer, and though it shows they wanted Dawk back it also showed they wanted to get Demps on the field ASAP.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now there are several reports saying Dawk isn't signed yet. There's still hope!

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 02-27-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

If Dawkins signs with another team I will be severely dissapointed. I know that the Eagles usually get rid of players in their 30's after their contract is up. Dawkins should be the exception and not the rule. He is one of the faces of the franchise and the only player that I would be truly upset if they got rid of. Seeing Dawkins in another uniform would be not only weird but just plain ol' WRONG. They need to get him signed if he's the only other person they get in free agency.

Last edited by eaglesfan605 : 02-27-2009 at 06:40 PM.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
If Dawkins signs with another team I will be severely dissapointed. I know that the Eagles usually get rid of players in their 30's after their contract is up. Dawkins should be the exception and not the rule. He is one of the faces of the franchise and the only player that I would be truly upset if they got rid of. Seeing Dawkins in another uniform would be not only weird but just plain ol' WRONG. They need to get him signed if he's the only other person they get in free agency.
Hey man that's the business end of things, who though the Derrick Brooks wouldn't play for the Bucs, Marvin leaving the Colts. Brett not playing for GB.

Even with the 48 million the Eagles have been known to be a bit stingy, and sometimes it is good cap management, but come on not signing one of your long time faces of the franchise. I also think B-dawk feels like he can play and doesn't want to take a back seat role, sometimes players got to face reality.

Sometimes they don't Jerry Rice is an example, well until the Broncos made him the 4th string WR, then he retired.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Actually, the more I think about the Andrews signing, the less I like it, and I don't even know what he's getting paid.

This forces Andrews to stay inside, which in itself is good, but it keeps guys like MJG and Nick Cole off the field, as well as Mike McGlynn possibly. May we have seen the end of Todd Herremans at LG? Possibly, especially if there is solid competition between him, MJG and Cole. We may see a big shakeup at LG and C. Perhaps MJG will be the LG and Cole will be the C next year. We already have several guys who can play RT, another isn't exactly a huge need.

Right now it might help Shawn out mentally, but sometimes working with family sucks, plain and simple. I know, speaking from personal experience here. I work in my family's business installing floors with my dad, two of his brothers, and one of his sisters. I get along with all of them well, but there are times when you are working with family that you get on eachother's nerves. I know Shawn will be dealing with that no matter who is at RT, but when its your own flesh and blood, you take it more personally when there are arguments or disagreements.

Not knowing the parameters of the contract, perhaps there is a way out for the team. (I'm sure there is because of the injury worries, actually.) But one thing I like about it is this... Shawn is around as long as his brother is, if not more, and as long as he is healthy, he is an elite Guard.

I guess I just was excited to see the young guys potentially take over in the near future, but perhaps there will still be opportunites for them, just will be a little more difficult, and perhaps one of the young guys may end up traded or have a contract expire, or be cut.

This isn't to say that I don't like it at all, because if both the brothers are healthy, the right side of the line is set for at least 3 years, if not more...
I don't think we have seen an end to any of those players, remember the line probably needs the most depth. Last year if we didn't have MJG or Todd, what would have happened to the Eagles O-line. Another important thing to remember is some of the players can double in other positions, so you might see MJG. Stacy Andrews get injured, Shawn moves over, and MJG goes in the starting line up.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hey man that's the business end of things, who though the Derrick Brooks wouldn't play for the Bucs, Marvin leaving the Colts. Brett not playing for GB.

Even with the 48 million the Eagles have been known to be a bit stingy, and sometimes it is good cap management, but come on not signing one of your long time faces of the franchise. I also think B-dawk feels like he can play and doesn't want to take a back seat role, sometimes players got to face reality.

Sometimes they don't Jerry Rice is an example, well until the Broncos made him the 4th string WR, then he retired.
I understand that football is a business, but Dawk has served this franchise since 1996 with his blood, sweat, and tears. You don't throw away that kind of committment for a few million, when you are $48 million under the cap. Its literally unfathomable for me to see Dawkins with another team. I hope that he doesn't sign with Broncos, but it is looking likely that he will.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Eagles. The man's given his entire career to this team, left millions on the table for the betterment of the team, is the face of the team, an emotional leader who gives his all every play, and that's how they say thanks?

**** you Eagles.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Buttered toast sonic
Rookie

Buttered toast sonic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AND on top of all that, not gonna sink money into big free agents, even when McNabb is practically begging you? use some f**king Money

Scarlet Knights forever, victories don't matter, we're the best in the land, cause we MADE this game!
Buttered toast sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The only FAs that could really help are Housh and Jason Brown, other than that they shoudl really only look for mid-level to minor signings.

Also, per ESPNews, Lito traded to jets for draft picks.

Wonder what they are... fourth and fifth maybe?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think we should get rid of Jackson and start Cole at center.

And if these Dawkins rumors are true I will be speechless.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
The only FAs that could really help are Housh and Jason Brown, other than that they shoudl really only look for mid-level to minor signings.

Also, per ESPNews, Lito traded to jets for draft picks.

Wonder what they are... fourth and fifth maybe?
I agree with signing only mid to lower level players. I still think that they should sign Tra. It would allow them to have no need to draft an OT in the first round and focus on drafting a WR, TE, or RB with their 2 first rounders.

Lito was traded for a 5th rounder this year and a conditional pick for 2010 worth anywhere from a 2nd round to 4th round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I think we should get rid of Jackson and start Cole at center.

And if these Dawkins rumors are true I will be speechless.
I'm not sure about getting rid of Jackson, but I do think Nick Cole has more potential and should get every opportunity to start next year.

Sadly the Dawkins rumors are likely true and I couldn't agree more. Seeing him in another uniform will hurt.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I say we keep Jackson, because we know he would be at least a solid backup, but I think there will be a competition at C in TC, and if not, I will be upset.

I haven't heard anything, so I am only inferring here, but I think Dawk got ahold of the Eagles and let them match the Broncos original offer. (the 2 year one.) I think the team must have matched it, and then Dawk went back to Denver and told them the Eagles matched it. My guess is the Broncos went ape **** and offered him that 5/17 mil contract.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Condolences on losing Dawkins, gents. It just won't seem right to see him not in an Eagles uniform. As a Skins fan fan I certainly won't miss him.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Its so weird hearing NFC East opponents fans talking about this. Dawk is one of the people that everyone realizes is a first class person, and I bet there are even some Skins, Giants, Cowboys fans that will miss him, though not necessarily on the fireld, haha.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is ******* bull ****. The Eagles could have atleast offered him a 2 year 8 million dollar contract. I could understand if Dawkins slowed down this year, but he actually played better this year than last. Or if the Eagles were in salary cap issues.

I like the Andrews signing, and I heard he would either play RT (obviously) or LG. If he played LG, Herremans could kick outside. Another possibility is Stacey at RG, Shawn at LT and Herremans at RT. I know Shawn isn't the prototypical LT, but when we drafted him I'm sure he could have played LT. I don't know.

Herremans - St. Andrews - Jackson - Cole - Sh. Andrews
Thomas - Herremans - Jackson - Sh. Andrews - St. Andrews
Sh. Andrews - Cole - Jackson - St. Andrews - Herremans

Many possibilities. . .
Old 02-28-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I think Herremans will actually be the starting LT, and Cole, MJG, and McGlynn will battle it out for LG.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
This is ******* bull ****. The Eagles could have atleast offered him a 2 year 8 million dollar contract. I could understand if Dawkins slowed down this year, but he actually played better this year than last. Or if the Eagles were in salary cap issues.

I like the Andrews signing, and I heard he would either play RT (obviously) or LG. If he played LG, Herremans could kick outside. Another possibility is Stacey at RG, Shawn at LT and Herremans at RT. I know Shawn isn't the prototypical LT, but when we drafted him I'm sure he could have played LT. I don't know.

Herremans - St. Andrews - Jackson - Cole - Sh. Andrews
Thomas - Herremans - Jackson - Sh. Andrews - St. Andrews
Sh. Andrews - Cole - Jackson - St. Andrews - Herremans

Many possibilities. . .
I don't know of any reports to confirm this but I am almost certain that the team at least matched the Broncos original offer. Why would it go from a two year offer from Denver to a 5 year offer unless the Eagles hadn't at least matched the 2 year offer? The same think happened with Bart Scott, that is confirmed though. He was rumored to be signed by the Jets early Friday, but he went back to Baltimore, they matched it, then the Jets upped the offer and grabbed him. I am at least 95% certain the same thing happened with Dawk...