Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Congrats on the win guys. Very close game, well fought. The stats down the line were damn near equal, and it reflected itself on the scoreboard. Philly was the better team that day, and deserved to win.
Appreciate the kudos, BBC. I think the Giants played much better than I expected, but they just didn't have enough firepower to seal the deal when it mattered. 3 possessions in the first quarter inside the Eagles 50, zero points...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
This draft is getting so deep with all these players declaring, I hope more do so there's a higher chance that some quality players are there in the late 20's. I'm pumped
We haven't even seen the major rush that's going to come after the national championship game. There are a bunch of players on both of these teams to look at for next season. I'm confident the Eagles can get an impact player at their draft spot. If not, they'll trade back and reload. The team needs to get younger at DE (Kearse and Howard are older), ILB, and safety.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-08-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.
...Says the fan of the most undisciplined team in football.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77
Quote:
Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.
Now, now, let's not disrespect the Bengals and Raiders fans out there...

Old 01-08-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
Quote:
Quote:

But one thing.

All right I'll give you the Bengals.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But one thing.

All right I'll give you the Bengals.
Don't mess with the Giants fans after a tough loss. These guys are generally stand up kind of fans and good posters. Jug, #10, and BBD are awesome guys. Keep it more good natured than anything else.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With all the early entries, the draft is turning out to look real good. Here's my list, using players that aren't lock top 10s.

1 FS Reggie Nelson
2 FS Laron Landry
3 ILB Patrick Willis
4a FS Michael Griffin
4b CB Darrelle Revis
6 SLB Lawrence Timmons
7 WR Sidney Rice
8 RT Levi Brown
9 RT Joe Staley
10 WR Ted Ginn
11 FS Eric Weddle

Of course, Nelson and Landry would play SS first.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Nelson is going to be a top 10 pick. Just a hunch. Big game last night, huge season, amazing talent. He'll probably have better measurables than Landry, which equates to stronger draft status. I'm guessing Landry will fall some, but maybe not down to the Eagles.

I think Willis goes in the top 15. I doubt he gets past Buffalo. Just a hunch there.

I think Griffin might be our pick. Again, my hunch, and I would love it.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't get Reggie Nelson. We need him! OH DEAR GOD WE NEED HIM!!!

But seriously, I think Laron Landry fits the bill more. Dawkins could mold him better than Reggie. Landry has potential to be a Dawkins clone, whereas Reggie seems to be more of an Ed Reed.

Either would be a great choice though. But with the depth at safety this year, I have a feeling you land Griffin in the 2nd round and go LB in the first.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Nelson is going to be a top 10 pick. Just a hunch. Big game last night, huge season, amazing talent. He'll probably have better measurables than Landry, which equates to stronger draft status. I'm guessing Landry will fall some, but maybe not down to the Eagles.

I think Willis goes in the top 15. I doubt he gets past Buffalo. Just a hunch there.

I think Griffin might be our pick. Again, my hunch, and I would love it.
Whats the chances you guys nab a DE? The DE class is getting deep, and a quality DE will fall in this draft guaranteed. With Kearse's health concerns, I could see Abriamiri, or Anthony Spencer in an Eagles uniform. Maybe even Woodley.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Whats the chances you guys nab a DE? The DE class is getting deep, and a quality DE will fall in this draft guaranteed. With Kearse's health concerns, I could see Abriamiri, or Anthony Spencer in an Eagles uniform. Maybe even Woodley.
Definitely possible. Woodley has everything the Eagles look for in DEs.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 01-09-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
Definitely possible. Woodley has everything the Eagles look for in DEs.
Really? I always thought that Abriamiri/Spencer is more of the Eagle mold than Woodley. You guys like quick speedsters, and Woodley is a bullrusher type like Hali.

Although Woodley would be a great compliment to Cole. You need more bulk on the line for run support, and Woodley would be a good LE. He has great technique, the only thing that he needs to work on is speed and strength. Both I think can be attained with some good offseason lifting and if he loses 15 pounds.

If the Giants didn't have our Ends, id be eyeing Woodley as a LE.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

With Jerome McDougal officially entering "complete bust" territory, Kearse's uncertainty following the knee surgery, and Juqua Thomas's here and there production, the Eagles could definitely use another DE, especially a young one. I haven't had a chance to look at this particular class much, but a DE who is a two-way player (run and pass) would be very helpful to this team.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
With Jerome McDougal officially entering "complete bust" territory, Kearse's uncertainty following the knee surgery, and Juqua Thomas's here and there production, the Eagles could definitely use another DE, especially a young one. I haven't had a chance to look at this particular class much, but a DE who is a two-way player (run and pass) would be very helpful to this team.
Knowing Andy Reid's love for trench players, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you go DE in round 1. Although I definately feel a quality DE could be had in round 2.

Griffin is a round 2 guy as well, and that fills the SS need.

And Earl Everett fills an OLB need, and he's a round 2 talent.

So basically, alot of your needs can be filled in round 2. I wouldn't be suprised if the Eagles trade their round 1 for multiple round 2 picks. Theyre stuck in a bad part of round 1 anyway, and would benefit from an extra 2.

You can trust that Reid would make a great decision regardless. I regard him as a great drafter for the most part. It shows in your continuous success as a franchise under his healm.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Although Woodley would be a great compliment to Cole. You need more bulk on the line for run support, and Woodley would be a good LE.
Woodley isn't fast but he's a lot like Derrick Burgess.

I'd agree that Griffin is a round 2 player but I doubt he'll be there at pick 58+.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
You can trust that Reid would make a great decision regardless. I regard him as a great drafter for the most part. It shows in your continuous success as a franchise under his healm.
I was just arguing this with a friend yesterday. He (stupidly) claims that the Eagles are going to mess up this offseason because the fans want McNabb gone now, and they'll do what the fans want and cave. I pointed out that they have made tough decisions before (Trotter in 01, Shawn Barber in 02, Taylor/Vincent, etc.) and have been no worse for it. He still expects the Eagles to mess everything up. This isn't about division rivalry, as he's a Pats fan. I pointed to the 80-48 regular season record since Reid took over (average of 10-6 each season), 5 division titles, 6 playoff appearances, 8-5 playoff record, and the healthy cap situation. It shows the management knows how to field a consistent winner by making tough decisions.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
sirsmokealot28
Rookie

sirsmokealot28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2nd home playoff game versus the seahawks for the conference title.

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?
sirsmokealot28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsmokealot28
2nd home playoff game versus the seahawks for the conference title.
Obviously, that would be ideal. However, Seattle is by far the worst playoff team left. They have essentially zero quality CB's right now. They have a chance against the Bears, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm solely focused on the Eagles right now. I'll worry about the Bears-Hawks once the Eagles win Saturday night...

Old 01-09-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya thats true but you got to admit jennings, babineaux, and hunter didnt play all that bad...jennings stripped glenn hunter recovred a fumble and babineaux had some nice breakups...so they played pretty well that game but i dont think they will show up like that to every playoff game
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

To be fair, the Bears WR's aren't as good as Dallas's, and the potential for cold weather and/or snow will hinder the passing game. This could be very close. Again, I'm worried more about Saturday, then I can focus on this matchup.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and this year in my opinion would be the year to grab a DE this class is loaded and i looked and their are about 17 DE prospects on scotts rankings that i would have any one of them so this is perfect to grab one later as i see LB, S, and possibly WR as bigger needs and thats what scott has as our top 3 needs
Old 01-09-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I said already that DE is a significant need for the Eagles. I think it's more pressing than WR by far. The DLine needs to get more pressure and control gaps better in the run game. IMO, the first 3 picks of this draft need to be on the defensive side of the ball. We need a replacement for Dawk, depth behind Considine, a replacement for Trotter, and more DLine depth. There are significant needs out there for this team.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder
Old 01-09-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder
Dillen has already said that Stallworth should be resigned. I believe that if the Eagles don't sign Stallworth, it is an absolute waste of a 4th round pick. They brought him in to be an impact kind of guy, and, when healthy, he has been just that. Not bringing him back would be terrible. He has the deep speed the offense needs, and he seems to fit in well with the team.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
Dillen has already said that Stallworth should be resigned. I believe that if the Eagles don't sign Stallworth, it is an absolute waste of a 4th round pick. They brought him in to be an impact kind of guy, and, when healthy, he has been just that. Not bringing him back would be terrible. He has the deep speed the offense needs, and he seems to fit in well with the team.
Needs (as of now):
1. Strong Safety- Considine and Mikell are all that are left after M. Lewis leaves.

2. Cornerback- Rod Hood is leaving.

3. Strongside LB- Banjo-boy is done, if I'm not mistaken, and all we have is Gocong.

4. D End- Bye bye Kearse and McDougle.

5. TE- Regardless of Schobel's recent success, I still don't like him. He was let go by the Bengals, and check out what Scott writes in their team needs.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote