Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I just realized the Saints scored more points on us than they did on the Lions.
Does that mean we win at something? Please? We really need to win at something.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Does that mean we win at something? Please? We really need to win at something.
Bear Bryant said a tie is like kissing your sister

Well I say being happy about having a team score more points on someone else than they did on you is like kissing your brother.

but seriously we were at home and you guys had a new coach and a rookie QB.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kolb gets the start this week. I actually like the move. He showed flashes yesterday and we need to give him a chance after using such a high pick on him. Plus it is the Chiefs.
**** my life.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least the game is against the Chiefs, who are very beatable. The Eagles should be able to get by with Kolb this week, then they have the bye and McNabb is back for Week 5. That is my hope...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
At least the game is against the Chiefs, who are very beatable. The Eagles should be able to get by with Kolb this week, then they have the bye and McNabb is back for Week 5. That is my hope...
Mine as well. Kolb had some impressive moments in the game. He showed he is willing to stand in and make the throw needed when he knows he is going to get hammered. I hadn't completely given up on Kolb, but was pretty close. The game against the Saints brought a lot of hope back for me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Mine as well. Kolb had some impressive moments in the game. He showed he is willing to stand in and make the throw needed when he knows he is going to get hammered. I hadn't completely given up on Kolb, but was pretty close. The game against the Saints brought a lot of hope back for me.
I feel the same way. I mean we should give him a legitimate shot before totally considering him a bust. It was only his first career start after all and he showed some good signs as mentioned.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Eagles - Chiefs projected starters:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=18846
Interesting to see that Stacy isn't starting. I know hes being worked in slowly and sharing time at RG but did he lose it all together till hes 100%?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Eagles - Chiefs projected starters:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=18846
Interesting to see that Stacy isn't starting. I know hes being worked in slowly and sharing time at RG but did he lose it all together till hes 100%?
Probably a good idea to make sure he is 100% healthy. Plus MJG is pretty damn good himself, so its not like we lose much, if anything with him in there.

Also...

Who else is impressed with Justice so far? He's done a pretty good job to say the least.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably a good idea to make sure he is 100% healthy. Plus MJG is pretty damn good himself, so its not like we lose much, if anything with him in there.

Also...

Who else is impressed with Justice so far? He's done a pretty good job to say the least.
Me. Very impressed,

Donovan listed as starting QB? :D
Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Im not sure about you guys but after watching Miami use the Wildcat so well on Monday night Im really excited to see what we do with it on Sunday.

If anyone hasnt seen the cartoon this week on the eagles websit do yourself a favour and skip it... Wait... Check that its actually the funniest thing that I have ever seen.
summary: Spadaro dresses up like a superhero??? and tells eagles fans to keep their faith.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-23-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also...

Stacy was benched because he played awful and was clearly not coached correctly/well in Cincy according to many sources.

And MJG is not damn good. He is mediocre. For a man of his size he should be dominating in the run game and he simply does not do that, he is mediocre which is why you see such a drop-off between Shawn Andrews and MJG. MJG is mediocrity at its pinnacle and I want to see the Eagles give Mike McGlynn a shot at LG and move Nick Cole to RG which he is clearly better suited for.

And Justice gets SOOOO much help it isn't even funny. Not saying he isn't improved because he obviously is but don't think he has magically transformed into some kind of great RT because Brent Celek, Brian Westbrook, Shady McCoy or Alex Smith are helping him on nearly every single play.

You should read these:
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...eo-rewind.html
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...eo-rewind.html
I'll just post the offensive line stuff:
Quote:
Right guard continues to be a position of concern for this team. Last week, we mentioned the struggles of Stacy Andrews. Clearly the coaches agreed, because Stacy got to watch the Saints game from the sideline.

But MJG wasn't much better. And after a very good performance in week one -- which had me questioning my observation skills -- Nick Cole regressed to his usual so-so performance on the other side.

Of course, both guys had better weeks than King Dunlap, who -- surprise! -- made an appearance on the last series of the game, just long enough to almost get Kolb killed as the RDE went right around him. Since we have four quarterbacks on this team, but three of them are injured, old or complete unknowns, Peters came right back in.

Thank you for making us feel better about our tackle depth, King.

Back to the guards, here are some sample notes:

"MJG didn't sustain his block."

"Cole blew read."

(Next play) "Then he false started."

(Couple plays later) "Both guards' blocks beaten."

"Cole blew this block on the linebacker. At least this makes me feel better about my assessment of him."

"MJG didn't even get a hand on the DT, forcing the quick throw on the screen."

"This was on MJG."

"Neither guy (Jamaal Jackson or Nick Cole) blocked him. My assumption is JJ isn't the one who &%!$ed that up."
Justice getting help:

Quote:
That's not a guy who's being left alone on an island. Which, obviously, is to the coaches' credit, because it would have been terrible to see Donovan taking a shot in this game that knocked him out a few weeks...

On the third example, you can even see the way they're stunting away from him. If you're going to use three guys to block the end, might as well swing that guy inside and try something new.

None of this is to say Justice didn't do well. He did. But in the passing game he got by with more than a little help from his friends.

In the run game, I thought Justice was very solid. Surprisingly solid. I posted that video yesterday where he made a great, sustained block -- even though he wasn't at the point of initial attack -- and even went out and cleaned up around the pile. Suffice it to say, he had a lot of good blocks out there, the same way most of the rest of the line did.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I read on twitter an Eagles beat writer (don't remember his name) wrote that Shady McCoy might be starting this week.

Also if DeSean can't go (groin), Reggie Brown would start at the X and if Kevin Curtis can't go (knee) Jeremy Maclin would start at the Z.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

There's nothing wrong with helping Justice out. Whatever keeps our QB on his two feet. I'll always wonder why he never got help in the Osi game.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I'll always wonder why he never got help in the Osi game.
That was definitely one of the biggest coaching mistakes in recent memory.

With the Stacy thing the Eagles normally take a little longer than two games to decide if a big money FA is a bust. But I could be wrong and probably am.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Roster Move eagles sign TE Martin Rucker to the PS formerly a Browns 2008 fourth round pick from Mizzou.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=18865

does anyone know anything about him other than hes an excellent athlete who cant block?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-25-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He has real nice hands, was a big contributor to Mizzou's offense while he was there. Him and Chase Coffman were major factors in the passing game along with Maclin.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it was the Chiefs, but we can take some positives out of this game. Kolb looked good and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The bye week should do us well with all the injuries we have.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I know it was the Chiefs, but we can take some positives out of this game. Kolb looked good and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The bye week should do us well with all the injuries we have.
Sniper, how do you feel about Kolb now? The only player in FNL history to have 2 300+ yard games to start his career...

I realize who the games were against, but he showed a lot of pieces to his game that have me confident in him for the future. I'm not going to say I'm totally sold yet, but I at least am not nearly as worried about the future of the QB situation like I was two weeks ago.

Also... Can we establish that Brent Celek is legit?

I felt confident in him going into the season, but now I am sure we have a very good TE on this team...

Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Trotter Was brought in for another work out today. I wonder if he is offered a contract if his roll is to be a Leader, special teamer and situational LB, or did they just bring him in for a workout to light a fire under Gaither and Mays.
Also correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a demon on special teams back in 04 before taking the starting job from Mark?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-28-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Trotter Was brought in for another work out today. I wonder if he is offered a contract if his roll is to be a Leader, special teamer and situational LB, or did they just bring him in for a workout to light a fire under Gaither and Mays.
Also correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a demon on special teams back in 04 before taking the starting job from Mark?
I honestly don't remember, but I hope they don't bring Trott back, would drive me crazy...

Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt the Eagles will bring Trotter back. There just isn't any value there, IMO. He makes more money than most of the young kids they drafted, and he probably doesn't have the skill set.

Now... If the team believes that Gaither is not the answer at MIKE, and they need a 2-down MIKE to get in there and thump, then Trott could be an answer. However, I don't see the value. He would cost a lot, would be a good leader, but the team is playing well. Hard to offer him a roster spot.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-29-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I doubt the Eagles will bring Trotter back. There just isn't any value there, IMO. He makes more money than most of the young kids they drafted, and he probably doesn't have the skill set.

Now... If the team believes that Gaither is not the answer at MIKE, and they need a 2-down MIKE to get in there and thump, then Trott could be an answer. However, I don't see the value. He would cost a lot, would be a good leader, but the team is playing well. Hard to offer him a roster spot.
Exactly, that's why I am not necessarily a big fan of this move, and I don't really feel like it is goiing to happen.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I will say this: IF the Eagles think that Trotter has potential as a coach, bringing him in to see how well he understands the system could be a nice precursor for giving him a job there. The guy understands what JJ wanted from his LB's. He was a coach on the field. Could be an interesting move on that end...

Old 09-29-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

According to FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer, the Eagles have agreed to terms with LB Jeremiah Trotter on a one-year contract.
This will be the four-time Pro Bowler's third stint with the team. Omar Gaither and Joe Mays have both battled nagging injuries of late, so the 32-year-old will provide insurance against the run. Trotter had major knee issues when he last played in 2007, so we wouldn't expect much out of him. Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Uh, cool, I guess?