Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF reallly, he retires in about 2 weeks maybe 3.

There was no one else to play MLB?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trotter knows the basic system already and the guys in the locker room. The coaches are comfortable with him. Not the worst move...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, its not really a great move IMO, but this is most likely definitevly the end of Garcia this season...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.
how does his mind feel.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I still don't think he will come out and make a big difference for us, but if he is here for depth and to spark competition, there really isn't anything wrong with it I guess.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Trotter can play in certain situations. The problem is that he cannot cover at all. He is a huge liability in any passing situation. However, in terms of locker room leadership and teaching young guys and knowing the scheme, he is excellent. The problem is that those intangibles don't make up for his issues on the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Trotter will make that much of an impact this season on the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think Trotter can play in certain situations. The problem is that he cannot cover at all. He is a huge liability in any passing situation. However, in terms of locker room leadership and teaching young guys and knowing the scheme, he is excellent. The problem is that those intangibles don't make up for his issues on the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Trotter will make that much of an impact this season on the field.
If you are wrong, so am I, because I agree. I'm just not sure hwo this is really going to make the team that much better...

Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Bsaza said, at worst he is a great leadership presence to have in the locker room that we lack since Dawk left.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ed-nfc-special

DeBeast is the NFC STPOTM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's starting at FS? Demps or Macho?

I thought Demps was going to have a big year, but from what Ive heard, he has been disappointing.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dissapointing? That doesn't cover it, he isn't even active for these games, he has sucked on special teams and defense and he was usurped by Macho Harris, a 5th round rookie who is switching positions. I think that alone should tell you how Demps is doing.

But, I've been pleasently surprised by Macho, he isn't getting beat in coverage (he is playing deep) and he is tackling fairly well, not great, but he stops his man every time, he has had 2-3 interceptions hit his fingers and he dropped them and he is doing pretty well on the blitz. I think that when he finally catches up to speed he should be a much better option than Demps.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Dissapointing? That doesn't cover it, he isn't even active for these games, he has sucked on special teams and defense and he was usurped by Macho Harris, a 5th round rookie who is switching positions. I think that alone should tell you how Demps is doing.

But, I've been pleasently surprised by Macho, he isn't getting beat in coverage (he is playing deep) and he is tackling fairly well, not great, but he stops his man every time, he has had 2-3 interceptions hit his fingers and he dropped them and he is doing pretty well on the blitz. I think that when he finally catches up to speed he should be a much better option than Demps.
Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.
That's the only reason I want him on the active roster. Ever since watching him plow over Gostkowski I have liked him as a return man. I didn't think he was ready for the starting job after the season ended and Dawk left. Sure he showed flashes, but not enough to warrant letting Dawkins go. Thank god we have Macho he has been a very pleasant surprise so far.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy,
Jackson never returned kicks. Hobbs is 12th in average kick return.

Quote:
and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.
Hard to tell considering Maclin's returned one kick.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-get-healed/

Take it away, PFT...

Quote:
Only one player missed practice due to injury.

Absent was guard Todd Herremanns, who has been battling a foot injury.

All other injured players fully participated in practice: receiver Kevin Curtis (knee), safety Quintin Demps (hamstring), cornerback Ellis Hobbs (illness), guard Max Jean-Gilles (shoulder), tackle Winston Justice (hamstring), quarterback Donovan McNabb (rib), cornerback Dimitri Patterson (hand), and running back Brian Westbrook (ankle).

Coach Andy Reid has said that McNabb and Westbrook will start on Sunday.
Happy panda.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Shady starting, not Westbrook.

The Westbrook era is over, he has lost all the burst that made him special. It is time to start the Shady McCoy era.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
I want Shady starting, not Westbrook.

The Westbrook era is over, he has lost all the burst that made him special. It is time to start the Shady McCoy era.
Im going to have to go ahead and disagree I will admit it Westbrook has lost a bit more than a step but to completely remove him from the Offense would be dumb. I would prefer something like a 60-40 or 55-45 split of Wesbrook - Shady over completely giving the job to Shady

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Westbrook pretty good last season?

He lost a step that fast?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:

He just screwed up, he went out like he had the job on lockdown, he underachieved in the pre-season and then he mouthed off to the coaching staff about not being announced the starter yet. Then, Macho Harris was doing just as good and playing with more passion so the coaches said "WTF? Lets give it a shot" and it is working. And then you add in a couple penalties and all of a sudden, Macho Harris is starting over Demps and Sean Jones has his active roster spot.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup yup. Macho Harris!

Love it.

If he can make it through his first season he will become a real player for y'all. He is a natural playmaker and leader, so people saying he is now just playing his role is good to hear.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Jackson never returned kicks. Hobbs is 12th in average kick return.

Hard to tell considering Maclin's returned one kick.
I honestly think we should have Demps back at returner. I've said it before about him, but he has that return style of a downhill runner and is sure handed. Hobbs isn't. And based off of what I've seen from Maclin in the preseason and so far, he does not have a future as a returner in the NFL.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Is anyone else surprised at how good this rookie class is? I knew they were talented but I doubt anyone could tell me that they would be this important this fast.

Look at this team, Shady McCoy is currently splitting carries with Westbrook and is the leading NFC rookie rusher.
Jeremy Maclin is about to start his second game in place of Kevin Curtis.
Macho Harris has been the starting FS since his first game.

And, in addition Cornelius Ingram looked like he was a stud TE before he injured his knee again.
Moises Fokou is the second string SLB and was the team's best SLB
Fenuki Tupou might be the teams starting RG next season depending on whether or not the Eagles let Max Jean-Giles go.
Brandon Gibson was a pre-season star who looks like a good young receiver.

I am really liking the youth movement the Eagles are having and this class might be the best draft class of Andy's tenure as the Eagles coach and it might be the draft that carries him into success in the next era of Eagles when Westbrook and McNabb are gone in a few years time.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Is anyone else surprised at how good this rookie class is? I knew they were talented but I doubt anyone could tell me that they would be this important this fast.

Look at this team, Shady McCoy is currently splitting carries with Westbrook and is the leading NFC rookie rusher.
Jeremy Maclin is about to start his second game in place of Kevin Curtis.
Macho Harris has been the starting FS since his first game.

And, in addition Cornelius Ingram looked like he was a stud TE before he injured his knee again.
Moises Fokou is the second string SLB and was the team's best SLB
Fenuki Tupou might be the teams starting RG next season depending on whether or not the Eagles let Max Jean-Giles go.
Brandon Gibson was a pre-season star who looks like a good young receiver.

I am really liking the youth movement the Eagles are having and this class might be the best draft class of Andy's tenure as the Eagles coach and it might be the draft that carries him into success in the next era of Eagles when Westbrook and McNabb are gone in a few years time.
I agree with everything except the bold. Tupou didn't prove anything this pre-season and they just signed Stacy Andrews to a multi-year deal. When he's fully healthy it's his job. Nick Cole also has the upper hand over Tupou.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Woah, Stacy Andrews isn't playing because he was benched for sucking, not because he isn't healthy. And just so you know there is a one year opt out deal in his contract for that reason alone.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...ers-deals.html

Quote:
Stacy's contract was reported to be a staggering (for a guy coming off of knee surgery who as it turned out was going to be moved to guard) 6 years and $38.7 million. But the Eagles didn't put in much guaranteed money. In fact, "all" they are on the hook for during 2009 is $1.62 million of base salary, a $3 million roster bonus, and a $500K workout bonus, for a total of $5.12 million. They also put in a $31,250 per game appeared in roster bonus, for a potential additional total of $500K. The remaining 5 years of the deal are worth about $32.9 million. If the Eagles decide to move in another direction, they are off the hook for that money in its entirety.
Both he and his brother should be gone next year IMO. And if either Nick Cole or MJG leave in free agency, Tupou might become the starter because neither have performed well this year.