Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how yesterday was basically a showcase of our future. Barring Free Agency, DeSean, Maclin, Celek, Shady, and (hopefully) Weaver will be making big plays for us for many years to come. Obviously the QB situation is questionable for the future.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. You handed us our ass.

I had a feeling it would play out that way.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I love how yesterday was basically a showcase of our future. Barring Free Agency, DeSean, Maclin, Celek, Shady, and (hopefully) Weaver will be making big plays for us for many years to come. Obviously the QB situation is questionable for the future.
McNabb isn't as old as some people think. He's younger than Peyton and the same age as Brady.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
McNabb isn't as old as some people think. He's younger than Peyton and the same age as Brady.
I know that, but his contract is up after next year and so is Kolb's, it's unknown what the eagles will do at that point.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean for MVP?

Quote:
I'm not saying DeSean Jackson has my vote locked up, but as midseason approaches, don't you at least have to include the second-year Eagles receiver on the short list of MVP candidates? Every one of Jackson's touchdowns have been the stuff of highlight-reel, and with Sunday's 54-yard scoring catch against the Giants factored in, the former Cal standout now has four touchdowns as a receiver, one as a rusher and one as a punter returner.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Right now the big play is this offense, just look at the plays where the Eagles have scored, 6 of 10 passing touchdowns have come from plays of 35 yards or more, the biggest run of the season was DeSean Jackson's and he now has 1 of 3 rushing touchdowns from non-QBs and it was on a 65 yard reverse. And on special teams DeSean Jackson has scored on a 85 yard punt return. This offense cannot drive to save their lives and they now live and die by the big play. DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin have scored a combined 6 of 15 offensive touchdowns each of them from over 40 yards. 2 offensive touchdowns have come off of quarterback scrambles. This offense is so unproductive right now, they're 17th in the NFL in YPG and they're 22nd in the NFL in first downs a game and they're only converting 34% of third down attempts. This offense is as futile as I've ever seen in Andy's tenure.
Just a little addition to my post, The Eagles have had 20 touchdown drives this season. Just three have been longer than six plays.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Just a little addition to my post, The Eagles have had 20 touchdown drives this season. Just three have been longer than six plays.
I'm honestly not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get him more touches, plz!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Here is something I learned while making a case for Asante Samuel

Quote:
And in the past 3 1/2 regulard seasons, Asante Samuel has 25 interceptions, 60 passes defended, 2 touchdowns and if you add in the post season, that total jumps to 30 interceptions, 74 passes defended and 5 touchdowns. In 3.5 seasons, those would be great career numbers for most players.
That is amazing to me. And then over his career including the post season he has 38 interceptions, 103 passes defended and 7 touchdowns, he is the active leader in interceptions in the postseason, he is the all-time leader in interception returns for touchdowns in the post-season and he is the all time leader for interception return yardage in the post season. I would like to mention that he is also only 28 and his contract with the Eagles runs until 2014 and the Eagles figure to be in the playoff picture for that time span.

He is on pace to smash the all time interception total in the playoffs, Asante already has 7 and the all time leader(s) has 9.

And, if he continues at his rampant pace this season Asante will have 11 interceptions this season and 25 passes defended, which would bring his total for 4 seasons up to 36 interceptions and 93 passes defended. Incredible.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And while I'm at it...

Jeremy Maclin.

Since Scott doesn't have his scouting reports up I can't see them and I assume since the draft is over that this is okay to post.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profil...ayers-analysis

Quote:
Blocks downfield.
Man, that quality has been on display lately. Against the Redskins he made the block downfield to spring DeSean Jackson for the TD, he made the block to spring Leonard Weaver for the long touchdown and on LeSean McCoy's long TD run he was down field blocking Corey Webster and that allowed McCoy to go for the TD.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Hey guys, I was just checking in to see if anyone has heard if Martin Rucker has shown anything on the PS for you guys. I'm a huge Mizzou fan but haven't been able to find any news about him. Obviously Maclin is performing well, that was just an overall steal for your team and almost unfair having him paired with Jackson. Any insight would be much appreciated.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I havent heard a thing about Rucker since he signed

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...n_quickly.html

Ahaha.

I already talked about how Maclin blocks downfield.

But this is funny:
Quote:
Last week, you might recall, the New York Giants defense swore vengeance over Donovan McNabb's pick-up-the-Giants'-sideline-phone foolery during last January's Eagles playoff victory at the Meadowlands. They'd posted the photo in their locker room! There would be blood!

We all saw how that one went.

So now, the Dallas Cowboys are coming to town, and boy, are they angry!

The Eagles' transgression was beating the 'Boys, 44-6, in last season's finale, the capper on an amazing day that brought the Birds an unlikely playoff berth. No phones or other props were involved, but Dallas is ticked, nonetheless.
Man, that was a great day. Eagles get into the playoffs, crush the Cowboys, Owens takes a ton of heat and Romo collapses in the locker room. Good times...

And I kind of eluded to this in the Cowboys thread, but they're saying that if the double DeSean they can stop the offense. There are a few problems with that, mainly that it hasn't worked yet for any team and second is that the last time a team completely sold out to stop DeSean, Jeremy Maclin torched the Buccaneers for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns. Just a new scenario for Eagles fans, never in Andy Reid's tenure has a team had to pick its poison, it has always been just stop TO, stop Stallworth, stop Curtis and stop Jackson but now it is Do we stop DeSean and let Maclin explode? Pick your poison. Fun to see out of the Eagles.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm anxious to see how they use Weaver again. This was one of my favorite FO moves this offseason and I was wondering when they were finally going to put him to work. LeSean McCoy is good in the screen game and can run outside, but he cant really run that well in between the tackles. I like the toughness Weaver brings to our run game in between the tackles.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My main concern for the team right now is our ability to put a drive together and grind the clock. It's great to be able to get up early on a team, but don't give them the chance to come back, hold onto the ball and grind the clock.

I hate seeing our defense fall in the rankings because we give the other team plenty of time to pile on garbage yards in an attempted come back. I think we've got a top 5 defense if we can keep them rested and off the field more.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook will play on Sunday.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook will play on Sunday.
Sweet. I'm sure Andy will celebrate the occasion by throwing 48 times.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Sweet. I'm sure Andy will celebrate the occasion by throwing 48 times.
Hardly ever do I really LOL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Come one this is the Cowboys week! Liven up Eagles forum!

Anyways, Gocong is hurt. I don't know the specifics of the injury but I know it is a leg injury and he isn't practicing. So who has taken the first string reps? Rookie 7th round draft pick, Moises Fokou out of Maryland. We all know he played very well in the pre-season and he is a very physical and energetic presence on defense for a smaller linebacker. I don't know if I trust him in coverage or in run support but I think there is enough talent around him to cover for his inexperience. He is actually fairly athletic and if he shows he can cover Witten I would love to see more of him. So far, he has been a great special teams player and a pre-season star, we'll see what he can do on Sunday against the big boys of Dallas.

ALSO In somewhat encouraging news, on the Philadelphia Eagles Report on the Eagles website there is an interview with rookie TE Cornelius Ingram, training camp stud who impressed Eagles coaches in his time. He says rehab is going well and that he and Stewart Bradley really push one another in rehab and he said that Bradley seems like he is ready to go right now with his tenacity and aggressiveness. Perhaps Stewart Bradley could be back in an extended playoff run? That would be nearly 5 months of training. I doubt it, but Bradley is a tough and competitive guy so you at least should entertain the idea.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Come one this is the Cowboys week! Liven up Eagles forum!

ALSO In somewhat encouraging news, on the Philadelphia Eagles Report on the Eagles website there is an interview with rookie TE Cornelius Ingram, training camp stud who impressed Eagles coaches in his time. He says rehab is going well and that he and Stewart Bradley really push one another in rehab and he said that Bradley seems like he is ready to go right now with his tenacity and aggressiveness. Perhaps Stewart Bradley could be back in an extended playoff run? That would be nearly 5 months of training. I doubt it, but Bradley is a tough and competitive guy so you at least should entertain the idea.
Bradley is on the IR.

And the only way I see Philly losing this game is if they beat themselves ex: Passing too much, having too many 7 step drops, Donovan comes out poorly etc. Also if Fokou starts im really dreading the potential matchup of him vs Witten.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Bradley is on the IR.

And the only way I see Philly losing this game is if they beat themselves ex: Passing too much, having too many 7 step drops, Donovan comes out poorly etc. Also if Fokou starts im really dreading the potential matchup of him vs Witten.
Look at it this way, no matter who we put in at that position, the matchup will heavily favor Witten, he is that good. I actually think Fokou will do similarly in coverage, if not slightly better, than Gocong. I am more worried about the run support in Gocong's absence, especially considering the running weapons of Barber, Jones, Choice and their large OL. That is what I'd be more worried about.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big deal, in the last 4 games the Eagles usually let the TE run wild.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Bradley is on the IR.
Woah. Completely forgot about that, oh well Stewart Bradley will be back next season, still overrated but he is stout against the run and he is certainly better than Trotter who is currently the run stuffing/leadership guy.

And, Gocong and Abiamiri are doubtful on Sunday... There goes the left side of the defense..
Old 11-06-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Woah. Completely forgot about that, oh well Stewart Bradley will be back next season, still underrated but he is stout against the run and he is certainly better than Trotter who is currently the run stuffing/leadership guy.

And, Gocong and Abiamiri are doubtful on Sunday... There goes the left side of the defense..
Fixed that for you.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Results from the forum mock:

Quote:
21.Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missou
Value was way too good to pass up here. Also fills a need as Witherspoon isn't young and Gocong is set to become a free agent.

53. Jason Fox, OT, Miami
Eagles don't really have any big needs, but with Shawn Andrews health a big question mark I went with the top OT on the board in Fox. He's had a great year so far in Miami and is a good fit in Philly.

74. Noel Devine, RB, WVU
With the Eagles declining the option on Westbrook's contract it appears his days as an Eagle are limited. Westbrook has been plagued by injuries and at 31 he isn't getting any younger. The Eagles bring in Devine who will play a role similar to Darren Sproles of the Chargers. Devine will take some carries off of Shady's hands and will also return kicks/punts. Just another explosive weapon on the Eagles offense.

85. Lindsey Witten, DE, UConn
Juqua Parker is 32 and Victor Abiamiri can't seem to stay healthy so I opted for the best DE on the board. Witten has proved he can get to the quarterback and will look great lined up opposite Trent Cole.

Stacy Andrews, RG
5th round pick
for
Charles Tillman, CB

Contracts are equal, but with Ellis Hobbs due to become a free agent I brought in Tillman as a replacement. Andrews was 2nd on the depth chart behind MJG.
thoughts?