Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nah, he'll just be taken advantage of like every OC that Ratliff goes against. lol.

This weekend can't come fast enough!
Yep! It really can't! Eagles division championship can't come fast enough! ;)
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think that this might be Stacy Andrew's big chance? A big signing who because of injury never really got to work with Juan Castillo in the offseason and he has really struggled because of it this season. Is Jamaal Jackson's injury his way in? Because now Nick Cole is moving to C which means he is abandoning his RG spot which leaves Max Jean-Giles and Stacy Andrews at RG, can Stacy beat out MJG this week?

And Mike McGlynn hasn't really had his shot yet and he is now the back-up C behind Nick Cole until the Eagles add someone so lets say Nick Cole gets abused by Ratliff (don't think that will happen) does McGlynn get moved to C? Is this a possible break for him? He was picked kind of high and he is a key back-up because he could play all 5 spots if it came down to it and he was a stud RT at Pitt, so I think that he could be at least decent at C.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Oh noez. I guess we'll just have to settle for DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant and Brent Celek as our primary pass-catchers. How will we ever survive?

Bitching like this about who your No. 5 WR is is ******* ********. Who gives a ****? Cutting Curtis is nearly impossible with his contract, and crying about who catches Brown's 9 catches seems a bit trivial, to say the least.
It only takes one injury.

If DeSean Jackson gets hurt right now, look what we're left with. A rookie, a slot WR with good hands but doesnt always show up, and a somewhat consistent pass catching TE.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

If DeSean Jackson gets hurt right now, look what we're left with. A rookie, a slot WR with good hands but doesnt always show up, and a somewhat consistent pass catching TE.
A rookie who's outperforming Jackson's rookie year, a slot guy who always shows up but somehow gets ignored a lot, a "somewhat consistent TE" with nearly 900 yards and 9 touchdowns, and three RBs who can all catch the ball out of the backfield.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ratliff is TEH SEX.
That is the only way to put it. Ratliff will make his plays, but not because Cole (or MJG) isn't a good linemen, its because he is a monster, and guys as good as him always find time to make plays.

Quote:
A rookie who's outperforming Jackson's rookie year, a slot guy who always shows up but somehow gets ignored a lot, a "somewhat consistent TE" with nearly 900 yards and 9 touchdowns, and three RBs who can all catch the ball out of the backfield.
YES! Though I agree it would still be nice in a way to still have Gibson, most of us here, and most of the organization understand his value as a #4 WR at best, isn't nearly that of having a starting calibur MLB or WLB. Even though Gibson is starting calibur, we have too many weapons ahead of him that decrease his value.

Oh yea, and Celek is a beast, I <3 him. I love watching him and Weaver with the ball in their hands.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's encouraging to me is that during this six-game winning streak, three of them have been close games (less than a touchdown). This team is starting to win close games.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Keep in mind that 3 of Gibson's 5 receptions were in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter in garbage time.

His TD grab was nice, but don't expect him to be the next Torry Holt. He will probably be a solid receiver, but Avant is plenty solid and reliable as well.

We simply don't really need Gibson, and I'm glad we made that trade because Witherspoon's proved to be a very good addition.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty happy with Witherspoon, but thats not gonna stop me from wondering what could have been.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty happy with Witherspoon, but thats not gonna stop me from wondering what could have been.
So you'd rather have a good #5-#6 WR over a very good starting MLB who can also kick out to WLB once Bradley comes back? Seriously, thank ******* God you're not the GM.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
So you'd rather have a good #5-#6 WR over a very good starting MLB who can also kick out to WLB once Bradley comes back? Seriously, thank ******* God you're not the GM.
Can you not read?

I said I'm very pleased with how we came out of the trade, but that wont stop me from wondering what could have happened if this guy stayed an Eagle.

I've already given my ideas about next years LB corp.

And to be honest, I'm not satisfied with having people like Kevin Curtis still on the roster.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Can you not read?
I can read very well, thank you.

Quote:
I said I'm very pleased with how we came out of the trade, but that wont stop me from wondering what could have happened if this guy stayed an Eagle.
So basically, you'd ***** either way. Makes sense. What would have happened? He would have stayed on the roster, caught six passes all year, not played for the duration of his contract, walked and played on another team.

Quote:
And to be honest, I'm not satisfied with having people like Kevin Curtis still on the roster.
A healthy Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown are both better than Gibson is right now.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
I can read very well, thank you.

So basically, you'd ***** either way. Makes sense. What would have happened? He would have stayed on the roster, caught six passes all year, not played for the duration of his contract, walked and played on another team.

A healthy Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown are both better than Gibson is right now.
A healthy Kevin Curtis, huh? Haven't seen one of those in quite some time.

You're also talking about his impact this season. I'm talking more along the lines of his career, a somewhat promising one.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
A healthy Kevin Curtis, huh? Haven't seen one of those in quite some time.

You're also talking about his impact this season. I'm talking more along the lines of his career, a somewhat promising one.
He'd be buried on the depth chart for the duration of his contract. Who's he going to overtake to be in the top 3?

DeSean- Yeah, sure.
Maclin- Yeah, sure.
Avant- Ha, good one.

So you wanted to keep this garbage-time star so he could be ninth or tenth in the receiving pecking order? (DeSean, Maclin, Avant, Celek, McCoy, Weaver, Westbrook, Brown, Curtis)
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Words can't express how much I hate Macho Harris.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Words can't express how much I hate Macho Harris.
Yesterday I felt the same way and then I realized, he is a developmental guy who really shouldn't be on the field and he is super aggressive on the field (he throws his weight around like nobody else does out there). So he shouldn't be on the field, but he has potential. But he has to be on the field because Demps is even worse at FS seemingly getting late hit penalties at least twice a game or you can have Sean Jones who has seemingly forgot how to tackle. And returning kicks is even worse, Demps will do it and he does it better than Macho but still he isn't fantastic and behind him is Jeremy Maclin who for some reason can't make quick decisions when returning kicks and he looks really bad out there.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really surprised Maclin hasn't done better returning kicks or even punts. He's one of the best college returners I've ever seen. Luckily we already have the best punt returner in the league so kick returns are the only problem, I think the loss of Ellis Hobbs earlier this year was under-estimated, he gave us a lot of good field position.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I am really surprised Maclin hasn't done better returning kicks or even punts. He's one of the best college returners I've ever seen. Luckily we already have the best punt returner in the league so kick returns are the only problem, I think the loss of Ellis Hobbs earlier this year was under-estimated, he gave us a lot of good field position.
Hobbs' loss as a returner is definitely underrated. As a CB, however, I'm almost glad he got injured. He looked flat out terrible at times...

Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
In college he pretty much out ran everyone, didn't have to break to many tackles or take punishing hits.

In the NFL he just seems to fragile for KR, with guys pay checks riding on being ST, they love to lay returners out. Maybe in a pinch if they need him he can go in there, but he doesn't have the body to stand up to those hits, or break those tackles always.

Also add to that he may just be afraid of getting destroyed in the KR game.

Last edited by brat316 : 12-29-2009 at 12:26 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

#2 seed? All the Eagles have to do is win in Dallas on Sunday and they've got the bye week and Andy Reid is 3-0 coming off of bye weeks in the playoffs and 10-0 in the regular season.

Another epic Dallas v. Philly game so lets hope it turns out like the last one did!

SO in light of this weeks coming game I would like to remember the last epic match-up...

Good times... Good times...

Last edited by Thumper : 12-29-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'd lack to add something else in terms of Maclin as a returner. I (and many others, I assume) could tell by the second preseason game that he is not an NFL returner. He has no future as a returner, and really should only be considered if there are a buch of injuries. I'd still keep Macho in over him, though he isn't much better. I don't understand why we don't see more of Demps returning. He can find the seem and exploit it better than either, and has a little more power to his return style, in addition to being pretty secure with the ball.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'd lack to add something else in terms of Maclin as a returner. I (and many others, I assume) could tell by the second preseason game that he is not an NFL returner. He has no future as a returner, and really should only be considered if there are a buch of injuries. I'd still keep Macho in over him, though he isn't much better. I don't understand why we don't see more of Demps returning. He can find the seem and exploit it better than either, and has a little more power to his return style, in addition to being pretty secure with the ball.
Demps was actually given kick returning duties against the 49ers but he was injured and didn't play the Broncos game so Macho was returning again. I think it is safe to say that Macho won't be returning kicks next week.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is so interesting. Its very possible that both teams will play back to back weeks vs each other if the Vikings beat the Giants.

And both teams will try hard each week bc of homefield advantage then the playoffs obviously.

Have we ever seen anything like this before? Usually teams would try to play vanilla and save their stuff for the playoffs, but this time, both teams will go balls to the walls 2 weeks in a row vs each other!

If that happens, thats gonna be a sight to see. Must suck as a fan of either team though.

I know I wouldn't want it to happen if I had a rooting interest in the games.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not only our game, but the Packers/Cards game too. Crazy how things work out.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

As long as the Eagles win that won't be a problem
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
It's not only our game, but the Packers/Cards game too. Crazy how things work out.
The Cards and Packers have nothing to play for though. So their game is basically a scrimmage between backups.

The Eagles and Cowboys both have something very significant to play for. So they can't just rest starters or half ass the gameplan for their game. So they'll play hard, then come back and do it again the following week in all likelihood.

Of course, that all depends on the Vikings winning. But im pretty sure the Giants mailed it in already so i'll be surprised if the Vikings lose.