Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only positive I can take out of this game is I know it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 season. With that said I don't feel good about next week at all.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
The Cowboys look good.
*thumbs up* Humility
Looking forward to next week. I certainly hope it's a repeat of tonight, but I doubt it. Should be a good game. I'm not gloating in the least...I just hate when folks have excuses about their teams. "We lost it, they didn't win"...is the biggest crock of **** ever.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
*thumbs up* Humility
Looking forward to next week. I certainly hope it's a repeat of tonight, but I doubt it. Should be a good game. I'm not gloating in the least...I just hate when folks have excuses about their teams. "We lost it, they didn't win"...is the biggest crock of **** ever.
except when it's true... The Cowboys weren't especially good, I mean look they only put up 24 points when the Eagles might as well have not been there. McNabb, Andy Reid, Sean McDermott and the receivers all choked and had Andy Reid run the ball, McNabb not have choked, McDermott brought pressure all game and the receivers caught those balls, this is a completely different story right now one that ends with the Eagles getting a bye week and the division title. But I should've seen this from miles away, this kind of **** always happens to the Eagles.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL!.

You're crazy. Have a good night man. Can't go back and forth with someone like you.

Quote:
``The Cowboys outplayed us,'' he said. ``They were the better football team all the way around -- offensively, defensively, special teams.
Andy Reid says they were outplayed in every facet....yet the homer eagles fan on a message board says it's cause the Eagles gave it away.

*thumbs up*

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 01-03-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*thumbs up* Humility
While I don't like the Cowboys or Romo, I'm not a diehard Eagles fan, so don't chalk it up to humility and use me as the example. However, every year, there's seems to be a team that sneaks up on folks in the playoffs and it could be the Cowboys this year.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, why so glum? I'm honestly not worried about this game one single bit. Sure, it would have been great to have homefield advantage, but this could be for the best.

Maybe a lot of you guys didn't notice this, but the gameplan was SO vanilla. We did not see a single wrinkle in that game that we have not seen before. Our defense simply played like ****, but offensively the gameplan was a joke. Next week all we have to do is capitalize on those dropped balls, give McNabb a little bit better protection, and try and run the ball some more in the game and the outcome could be totally different. This of course was my opinion/observation and could possibly be deadwrong and we just got outcoached, but I find that hard to believe. I also believe that Andy has some things up his sleeves.

The first drive ******** penalty on Sheldon is an absolute killer.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Guys, why so glum? I'm honestly not worried about this game one single bit. Sure, it would have been great to have homefield advantage, but this could be for the best.

Maybe a lot of you guys didn't notice this, but the gameplan was SO vanilla. We did not see a single wrinkle in that game that we have not seen before. Our defense simply played like ****, but offensively the gameplan was a joke. Next week all we have to do is capitalize on those dropped balls, give McNabb a little bit better protection, and try and run the ball some more in the game and the outcome could be totally different. This of course was my opinion/observation and could possibly be deadwrong and we just got outcoached, but I find that hard to believe. I also believe that Andy has some things up his sleeves.

The first drive ******** penalty on Sheldon is an absolute killer.
What possible reason would the Eagles have to have a "Vanilla" game plan? What catch the Cowboys off guard next week instead of you know winning and uh not playing at all next week? Maybe second half that would make sense since it seemed like a loss but come on now.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
What possible reason would the Eagles have to have a "Vanilla" game plan? What catch the Cowboys off guard next week instead of you know winning and uh not playing at all next week? Maybe second half that would make sense since it seemed like a loss but come on now.
I'm just saying we did nothing new, and continued to do the samething numerous times during that game. Like I said, I could be deadwrong, but it just seemed very bland. I dont know what the reasoning would be either.

Nontheless, the defense got run over and then abused in the air.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Yea...that's pretty dumb. There's no way the gameplan was anymore "Vanilla" than any other game. That's just fantalk. No way a team would prefer to play next week...in a hostile stadium, then to sit a week, get healthy and play at home.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Yea...that's pretty dumb. There's no way the gameplan was anymore "Vanilla" than any other game. That's just fantalk. No way a team would prefer to play next week...in a hostile stadium, then to sit a week, get healthy and play at home.
You said you were gone, and then you comeback?

Hostile stadium my ass. Your fans are sitting on their ass the whole game. They have no effect on a game and barely even get loud.

We have no one to get healthy. Everybody is absolutely fine as well.

Stop acting like you ******* watch all Eagles games so YOU have the right to determine whether a gameplan would be vanilla or not.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

I'm not trolling at all. Just trying to inject some logic.
Things like "They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves", and "We didn't want to win, we'd rather play in dallas than at home"

Come on guys......

But y'all are right. I'm not wanted here. Fin.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We lost, lain and simple. We were outplayed and there weren't too many positives. That being said I have full confidence that next weeks game will be a lot better and the Cowboys better be ready.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright here are some reasons why I think the Eagles have a more than legitimate shot at winning on Sunday (or Saturday).

In the second half the Cowboys scored once on a screen play and they struggled to move the ball, what was the difference? Pressure. McDermott got the hint and BLITZED. So hopefully he gets a clue and realizes he doesn't have the talent to run with Witten and Austin, instead he should get in Romo's face to stop him from getting the ball to them.

Also did anyone else notice Romo would do a lot of hard counts and he would get players to tip the blitz and he would adjust protection, he needs to do a better job of getting them to not tip the blitz and McD needs to show pressure and then have players drop, mess with Romo a little bit. Did anyone see his face the first time Trent Cole and Chris Clemons stood up from their spots and stood above the A gaps? (I believe it is called the oakie package) Romo literally just dropped his arms, looked at it, shrugged his shoulders and just winged it. The Eagles need to do that, they need to confuse Romo.

I think todays game was a good way to gauge what they would try to do to the Eagles and Andy Reid and Marty Morninwheg need to adjust and I think that they can.

The running game was non existent and that can't happen again can it? I mean Andy Reid ran the ball 10 times! Andy won't make that mistake again will he?

There is no way the running backs could play any worse right?

Hopefully something changes on the offensive line, they did a good enough job early on and really just kind of didn't care at the end but they did give McNabb time he just lacked accuracy and composure. I am hoping that Stacy Andrews is going to get the call at RG instead of MJG who literally only got in the way, when the Cowboys blitzed the right A and B gaps they only had a speed bump and he literally on got in the way on running downs and on numerous occasions I saw Westy run into him which is saying something considering the Eagles ran 10 times. The problem with MJG is that he is a fat ass, he is marginal against 4-3 defenses because he doesn't have to get to the second level all he has to do is go against someone who is probably just as much of a fat ass and he doesn't have to go to the second level to create a hole and against the 3-4 he is matched up with players that are about half his size and are MUCH quicker. Stacy Andrews is bigger, faster, stronger and is all around just more powerful and I have more hope that he can create holes than MJG can.

Vick will be back, he is a big wrinkle in the game-plan and he would've helped provide a much needed spark for the Eagles today, hopefully the Eagles can get him ready to go next week.

Plus what did the Cowboys do especially well? Nothing, they showed absolutely nothing that shows us that we're incapable of beating them, the Eagles just showed up flat and I don't think (hope) that would happen again in the playoffs, the Eagles beat themselves today and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Also Quintin Demps will be back so that means that the Eagles will be getting better field position, a battle they dominated today, did the Eagles ever get a possession that started outside their own 20? I don't remember they ever did.

I am super pissed the Eagles showed up as flat and emotionless as they did in a game for all the marbles but there is still a glimmer of hope for next week.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

If the Eagles complete that throw to DeSean Jackson for a TD, Maclin catches that 3rd down pass, and we dont fumble in their 20, this would have been a completely different game.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
If the Eagles complete that throw to DeSean Jackson for a TD, Maclin catches that 3rd down pass, and we dont fumble in their 20, this would have been a completely different game.
If, if, if, if, if means nothing. We got smoked. End o' story. Whether you believe it was vanilla playcalling, bad execution, great execution from Dallas, whatever, we got spanked. I'm thrilled that I didn't see this shitshow. Are the Cowboys 24 points better than us? No. However, give them credit. They came up big. We'll see them next week.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboy fan-I had to wear a Michael Vick jersey to the game due to a lost bet!!!! Dont ever make that bet. I heard "Dog Killer" all game....

Wow. Next week is gonna be wild.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I can't stand this Cowboys hype, I hope the Eagles smash them just to shut people up. The only problem is the Eagles are soft and the Cowboys have no problem playing smash mouth football against the Eagles. The Eagles need to get fired up and they need to just throw their weight around because right now what Dallas is proving to me is that the Eagles (DeSean, Maclin, McNabb) can't handle the physicality, they can't take it.

And every time Dallas plays the Eagles that doubt creeps into my mind, is DeSean a #1 receiver or is he just a big play threat? Who is DeSean Jackson? Is he this young #1 guy who will beat you deep or is he a guy who is just a product of the system and can't be the same player when you get physical with him. DeSean isn't Steve Smith, Steve Smith is the toughest player in the NFL and DeSean isn't that so who is he? Is he Lee Evans? Is he Santana Moss? Will he be able to put up these numbers consistently or will defenses get smart? Will Maclin become the guy I expect him to be? I expect him to be better than DeSean, I expect Maclin to be the physical guy but so far he can't match-up with Mike Jenkins and he can't make the tough grabs while covered. Is that a side effect of the Missouri offense? Is he not able to make those grabs because he is still used to being on bubble screens and things like that where he was wide open? Maclin isn't mentally tough either, he looked dejected all game like he was waiting for something to happen instead of making the plays come to him.

I hate Dallas so much just because they can out physical the Eagles any day of the week, if its a shootout the Eagles can win, if it is grind it out football the Eagles won't. Count on that. Will that change with the return of Stewart Bradley and Shawn Andrews? Who knows, I hope so. Dallas is frustrating to play because they're the perfect match for the Eagles they do everything the Eagles don't, they're a physical team who will punch you in the mouth and I fear the Eagles lost that when the Eagles lost Dawkins, Jim Johnson, Jon Runyan, Tra Thomas, Stewart Bradley and Shawn Andrews. This team used to be one of the grittiest, toughest teams in the NFL and now the entire offense hinges on whether or not the defense gives up big plays and in the playoffs the Eagles cannot count on that.

The Cowboys just have the Eagles number this season and it is a tough pill to swallow and hopefully the Cowboys come out on Saturday and are complacent because if they play like they did today the Eagles will never beat them not because they're more talented but because they're tougher and more physical. I knew the Eagles lost that game from the very first drive, the Cowboys came out with fire, passion, intensity everything I wanted to see from the Eagles but the Eagles responded flat and emotionless.

I commend Jeremiah Trotter for his game today, he was the best player on the Eagles, he played like he cared, he played like the old Eagles did, with passion, fire and grit, that toughness that I liked. He made tackle after tackle, ran down plays and he tried, he tried unlike everyone else, he put his best effort forward unlike everyone else, he came ready to play but no one else did.

I hope the Eagles are embarrassed because they should be, they shouldn't head out on Saturday dejected and emotionless, they should head out with the attitude of 'They embarrassed us and we've got to make up for it'. But unfortunately I don't think they will and I think that this lack of toughness might become a recurring theme in the coming years and I hate that.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I'm holding the team to this talk

Quote:
“It is a humbling experience,” Donovan McNabb said. “I think at times when you feel like you’re at the top, you’ve got to get knocked down to dust yourself back off, to get yourself back up. We’ve been through situations where we have to fight, and it led us to where we wanted to be, and I don’t see this as being any different.”

“You get a little humble pie this week. It probably worked out better for us. … It’s just a wake-up call,” receiver Jason Avant said. “You don’t want to go into the playoffs playing the way we did today. To get humble and to come back to the drawing board and be thankful that we have another chance to play I think we’re going to be that much more fired up next week.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:13 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I can't stand this Cowboys hype, I hope the Eagles smash them just to shut people up. The only problem is the Eagles are soft and the Cowboys have no problem playing smash mouth football against the Eagles. The Eagles need to get fired up and they need to just throw their weight around because right now what Dallas is proving to me is that the Eagles (DeSean, Maclin, McNabb) can't handle the physicality, they can't take it.

And every time Dallas plays the Eagles that doubt creeps into my mind, is DeSean a #1 receiver or is he just a big play threat? Who is DeSean Jackson? Is he this young #1 guy who will beat you deep or is he a guy who is just a product of the system and can't be the same player when you get physical with him. DeSean isn't Steve Smith, Steve Smith is the toughest player in the NFL and DeSean isn't that so who is he? Is he Lee Evans? Is he Santana Moss? Will he be able to put up these numbers consistently or will defenses get smart? Will Maclin become the guy I expect him to be? I expect him to be better than DeSean, I expect Maclin to be the physical guy but so far he can't match-up with Mike Jenkins and he can't make the tough grabs while covered. Is that a side effect of the Missouri offense? Is he not able to make those grabs because he is still used to being on bubble screens and things like that where he was wide open? Maclin isn't mentally tough either, he looked dejected all game like he was waiting for something to happen instead of making the plays come to him.

I hate Dallas so much just because they can out physical the Eagles any day of the week, if its a shootout the Eagles can win, if it is grind it out football the Eagles won't. Count on that. Will that change with the return of Stewart Bradley and Shawn Andrews? Who knows, I hope so. Dallas is frustrating to play because they're the perfect match for the Eagles they do everything the Eagles don't, they're a physical team who will punch you in the mouth and I fear the Eagles lost that when the Eagles lost Dawkins, Jim Johnson, Jon Runyan, Tra Thomas, Stewart Bradley and Shawn Andrews. This team used to be one of the grittiest, toughest teams in the NFL and now the entire offense hinges on whether or not the defense gives up big plays and in the playoffs the Eagles cannot count on that.

The Cowboys just have the Eagles number this season and it is a tough pill to swallow and hopefully the Cowboys come out on Saturday and are complacent because if they play like they did today the Eagles will never beat them not because they're more talented but because they're tougher and more physical. I knew the Eagles lost that game from the very first drive, the Cowboys came out with fire, passion, intensity everything I wanted to see from the Eagles but the Eagles responded flat and emotionless.

I commend Jeremiah Trotter for his game today, he was the best player on the Eagles, he played like he cared, he played like the old Eagles did, with passion, fire and grit, that toughness that I liked. He made tackle after tackle, ran down plays and he tried, he tried unlike everyone else, he put his best effort forward unlike everyone else, he came ready to play but no one else did.

I hope the Eagles are embarrassed because they should be, they shouldn't head out on Saturday dejected and emotionless, they should head out with the attitude of 'They embarrassed us and we've got to make up for it'. But unfortunately I don't think they will and I think that this lack of toughness might become a recurring theme in the coming years and I hate that.
Great post....If I knew how to +rep you I would. This isn't me gloating at all, gonna be a tough game next saturday and I fully expect to see a different Eagles team. This post just makes a lot of sense. It seems(as of right now)...that the 'Boys are to the Eagles, as the Giants are to the 'Boys this year.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You know what Cowboys fans don't realize, the Eagles lost the game, the Cowboys didn't win it. The Eagles gave them that game, Moise Fokou did it all alone, negating great field position on a Sheldon Brown interception and a KR for a TD by Ellis Hobbs and then they couldn't convert in short yardage situations. The Eagles gift wrapped that game to them and they still barely won.

Lets look at it this way, the Eagles are just flat out better and that is why they should win on Sunday.
That excuse only works, if it works at all, in close games, not in a 24-0 blowout.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That excuse only works, if it works at all, in close games, not in a 24-0 blowout.
That was from the first game. :D
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That was from the first game. :D
whoopsies. : o
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know whats gone overlooked this year?

Sean McDermot is no Jim Johnson. I don't think he's a bad DC, but he's not a great one either like JJ was.

Its like the style of the Eagles defense changed under McDermot. You guys don't blitz nearly as much as you used to.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who is looking over the Eagles on Sunday (next) is foolish just because the Eagles lost this week means nothing. Both teams have another week to look at film and don't have to go anywhere. A week is a long time to make adjustments.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote