Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

* Home: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Green Bay (11-5), Minnesota (12-4), Atlanta (9-7), Houston (9-7), Indianapolis (14-2).

* Away: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Chicago (7-9), Detroit (2-14), San Francisco (8-8), Jacksonville (7-9), Tennessee (8-8).

I say we beat Jacksonville, Detroit, Houston, Chicago and Washington once.

5-11 is my conservative predicition
superman8456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With McNabb now on the Skins there's a good chance we finish bottom of the division.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
7-9, here we come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
* Home: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Green Bay (11-5), Minnesota (12-4), Atlanta (9-7), Houston (9-7), Indianapolis (14-2).

* Away: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Chicago (7-9), Detroit (2-14), San Francisco (8-8), Jacksonville (7-9), Tennessee (8-8).

I say we beat Jacksonville, Detroit, Houston, Chicago and Washington once.

5-11 is my conservative predicition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
With McNabb now on the Skins there's a good chance we finish bottom of the division.
I think the Eagles will finish right around 6-10 or 7-9. And near the bottom of the division with the Skins this season. It will be close. People will say its all Kolb's fault and start to call for his head, but I honestly believe the dropoff will not be strictly Kolb's fault. I think the defense, without Sheldon, will struggle a bit this year as the young guys, whoever they may be, work their way into their roles. It will be a situation similar to what Green Bay had two years ago.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if the Eagles can run the ball and let Kolb manage the game and the defense is there than they could finish 8-8 to 10-6. If Reid forces Kolb to air it out like 50 times a game well then 4-12 to 6-10 is where they will end up.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

call me crazy, but i can see up to 10 wins on that schedule.

its impossible predicting w/l records in the East. it almost always comes down to health.

the cowboys won the division and a playoff game this year bc they were healthy and the rest of the division wasn't.

you can't predict these things.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Kolb have a Aaron Rodgers type of of season throwing for close to 4000 yards, and finish at 6-10.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Does Kolb have a Aaron Rodgers type of of season throwing for close to 4000 yards, and finish at 6-10.
I love all the Aaron Rogers vs. Kolb comparisons, when the only thing they have in common is that they were backups to great QB's.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I don't know if the Eagles can run the ball and let Kolb manage the game and the defense is there than they could finish 8-8 to 10-6. If Reid forces Kolb to air it out like 50 times a game well then 4-12 to 6-10 is where they will end up.
That is one thing that I'm anticipating for this upcoming season, how much AR changes up his playcalling philosophy. We saw in the two games Kolb started they ran the ball a bit more. I think to get to 10 wins, the defense needs to step it up, and the Eagles need to show a devotion to the run game like they haven't showed in the last 10 years.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
call me crazy, but i can see up to 10 wins on that schedule.

its impossible predicting w/l records in the East. it almost always comes down to health.

the cowboys won the division and a playoff game this year bc they were healthy and the rest of the division wasn't.

you can't predict these things.
You're just an in the closet Eagles lover, aren't you, BBD? lol

I can see it if the team does some of the things I have brought up, they need to run the ball more, and more consistently to take pressure off Kolb and the defense. If they do that, it'll help both the defense and Kolb and could work out real well and result in more wins.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

When Jeff Garcia stepped in for McNabb in 2006, Andy had to modify his gameplans to compensate for Garcia's noodle arm, and he ran the ball alot more than he ever did with McNabb. Since Kolb has a similarly weak arm, I expect the exact same thing to happen in 2010.

This would also explain the signing of Mike Bell, and would anticipate the selection of yet another back in the mid rounds of this draft, which would leave the Eagles with a three-back rotation + Weaver.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
When Jeff Garcia stepped in for McNabb in 2006, Andy had to modify his gameplans to compensate for Garcia's noodle arm, and he ran the ball alot more than he ever did with McNabb. Since Kolb has a similarly weak arm, I expect the exact same thing to happen in 2010.

This would also explain the signing of Mike Bell, and would anticipate the selection of yet another back in the mid rounds of this draft, which would leave the Eagles with a three-back rotation + Weaver.
We already have Eldra Buckley as well as Shady and Bell, plus Weaver, which is why I am less certain about the Eagles drafting a RB.

Also, Kolb arm is much less noodle-y.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
With McNabb and Sheldon, I feel like we had a shot. Injuries really decimated the team, and the morale of the fans, this year. Now since we don't know what the draft picks are yet, we can't say for sure, but what we got for both McNabb and Sheldon may seriously help the chances of persuing a SB in about 4 or 5 years.
4-5 years, thats not far away is it? Reid wont be around. Heck im not getting any younger, and have been a passionate fan for 20 years.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
4-5 years, thats not far away is it? Reid wont be around. Heck im not getting any younger, and have been a passionate fan for 20 years.
Just keep reminding yourself that it took Cowher 14 years to win his superbowl.
superman8456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Just keep reminding yourself that it took Cowher 14 years to win his superbowl.
So Reid is thre years away from achieving his, then?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Reid is thre years away from achieving his, then?
If Kolb turns out to be how good I think he can be and 2 or 3 of those draft picks are hits, this Eagles team may well have multiple Lombardis by the end of the decade, the move was genius. There are a lot of unknown variables, but if Kolb pans out with the talent of this offense, they could be great and with those picks, they can get more young talent for the defense. I'm telling you that if this trade works out, the future is BRIGHT in Philadelphia, they could be the Patriots of this decade (in terms of success in the postseason). Its a big if, but it is exciting.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have about 5 holes (C, DE, SLB, S, CB) that need filling on our team to where we will truly be elite, but we've got the picks to do it.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
We have about 5 holes (C, DE, SLB, S, CB) that need filling on our team to where we will truly be elite, but we've got the picks to do it.
Cunningham, you know your my boy and perhaps are my favorite on the PEB, but I have to say that DE, is not a pressing matter. The rest are, and we need help to be able to compete in the East. I wonder, if we stand pat, and draft with our first five picks somewhere along those lines? Most likely we trade up in the first.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I view it as a more pressing point than most, but I just don't think that Tapp is more than a band aid on the real problem. Last year we did get a lot of sacks, but our pass rush wasn't as consistent as we needed, as evidenced by our last two games against the Cowboys. I think Tapp will be solid, especially against the run, but if we had another elite pass rushing DE who isn't a situational guy, our defense would be much better.

Look at the Giants the year they won the Superbowl. Their defense was unstoppable and a main reason for that was they had Michael Strahan AND Justin Tuck coming off the edge. Especially in our defense where we often rely on solely the front four to rush the passer, I think a good pass rushing (while not a liability against the run) DE to start across from Trent Cole is something we need.

Even if you believe Tapp is the future at the spot, we desperately need depth at the position. With Chris Clemons, Jason Babin, and Darren Howard's departures, we need more guys at the position. Thus I think it will certainly be addressed in this year's draft (most likely in the mid rounds).

I think a trade up is likely given our circumstance. I did a mock draft with a buddy of mine, and if works out the way we figured and we don't trade up, we're ******. In that situation Earl Thomas, Sergio Kindle, Iupati, Pouncey, Brandon Graham, and Kyle Wilson were all gone. We will definitely jump the Packers IMO if we want Kyle Wilson because they'd take him in a heartbeat.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It could be even sooner, honestly, I was including this season in that 4-5, so it'd be like 3-4 years, and the window would be at least 4 or 5 years, maybe as much as 6 or 7.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cunningham, you know your my boy and perhaps are my favorite on the PEB, but I have to say that DE, is not a pressing matter. The rest are, and we need help to be able to compete in the East. I wonder, if we stand pat, and draft with our first five picks somewhere along those lines? Most likely we trade up in the first.
I have to agree, Tapp was an underrated DE, and he will provide the run stopping ability we want at LE, with a boost as a pass rusher that we have had out of the starters at the position. He isn't an elite pass rusher by any means, but is an upgrade as a pass rusher over anyone we had starting there the last few seasons.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Really with the draft picks we have ideally we may only address 2 of those spots with good everyday starters. The CB spot i am really not sold on as of getting a quality starter there is No Great press corners which the Eagles need most are Asante clones or too slow to make it in the NFL. Joe Haden is good would like to see the Eagles trade up for him or wait second round for K Jackson.

The center spot really drops off after Maurkice pouncy as of talent. Almost have to take him if you are going to address that position in the draft as of a starter. Could leave Cole at center and get a good OG There might be a steal or 2 at that spot in the 3-4th round but its risky.

Now my crush as of this draft is DE Hardy who we could get late third or 4th. High risk but has the size and ability. This draft is deep in DE and from the first round to the 5th there is good talent throughout.

As of Safety there is alot of good ones later in draft too. Like Berry but not sure worth risking alot to get him. lots of value third though 5th round.

I also think RB is a must a good short yardage guy. Bell is a short term fix and I think Blountte or Gerheart could be picked up for a pretty low pick.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Really with the draft picks we have ideally we may only address 2 of those spots with good everyday starters. The CB spot i am really not sold on as of getting a quality starter there is No Great press corners which the Eagles need most are Asante clones or too slow to make it in the NFL. Joe Haden is good would like to see the Eagles trade up for him or wait second round for K Jackson.

The center spot really drops off after Maurkice pouncy as of talent. Almost have to take him if you are going to address that position in the draft as of a starter. Could leave Cole at center and get a good OG There might be a steal or 2 at that spot in the 3-4th round but its risky.

Now my crush as of this draft is DE Hardy who we could get late third or 4th. High risk but has the size and ability. This draft is deep in DE and from the first round to the 5th there is good talent throughout.

As of Safety there is alot of good ones later in draft too. Like Berry but not sure worth risking alot to get him. lots of value third though 5th round.

I also think RB is a must a good short yardage guy. Bell is a short term fix and I think Blountte or Gerheart could be picked up for a pretty low pick.
With the draft picks the Eagles have (I think its 4 in the first 70 and 6 in the first 105 or something like that) they should be able to address at least 3, hopefully 4 or more, of those positions. I think in order to get an immediate starter at CB the Eagles will have to use a first or second rounder on one, and there are some quality CBs abailable all the way up until 70 who could do that. If the Eagles trade up for a CB, I doubt its Haden, unless he falls considerably, its more likely to be Wilson, which is one of the possible trade-ups I believe is possible.

I agree, after Pouncey, there is a significant dropoff, but that is also due in part to him being an elite Center prospect. After him, I wouldn't draft a center until the late third at the earliest, but luckily we have versatility in our OL, and with that we can get a Guard relatively early, I think there are a couple Guard prospects potentially available that could contribute right away throughout the draft, but some really good ones in the first 4 rounds.

I like Hardy enough to say he is definitely worth that late third/early fourth (I picked him there in my mock, so obviously I think it'd be a possible idea that could pay off) With the Eagles trading for Tapp, I think DE is less of a need, and they can afford to wait until the third round or later to draft a DE.

In terms of Safety, I highly doubt the Eagles trade up all the way to get Berry, though I would be very happy if they did. Earl Thomas would be very nice as well, but I believe the Eagles will have to trade up into the similar range as they would for Kyle Wilson (16-18). If they choose to wait a bit on Safety, there are some very good options available in the end of the second and all the way to the fourth round.

I am one of the few people who doesn't see RB as a definite need right now. I can see it being drafted because after Shady, no one is locked up long term, but the Eagles may feel they can get the job done with Shady, Bell, and Buckley. With Kolb stepping in as the starter though, the Eagles may be valuing the RB spot a bit more to take pressure off of him, so it is a definite possibility from the third round on.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shady hasn't touched the ball more then 30 times in a game. I think he is a great talent but the Eagles need to have that second person to fill in and be great supporting him. If we run him into the ground with 30 plus a game how is he going to hold up who knows and really name one team anymore that uses just one big name back? Look at NY and look at Dallas.

Mike Bell is horribly inconsistent, disappeared for 2 years and really I am not big on. Eldra has proved less in his time in the NFL that Kolb has ( 16 carries for 44 yards and no catches) so we dont know what we have and really I don't see why you don't get a person that can push for the number 2 spot and give the Eagles a possible bruising back that can wear down a defense and soften them up for a QB that is learning. I really want the Eagles to have Shady healthy and for a long time and getting a good back mid rounds that can slow a game down and grind out yards isnt a bad thing.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
You're just an in the closet Eagles lover, aren't you, BBD? lol

I can see it if the team does some of the things I have brought up, they need to run the ball more, and more consistently to take pressure off Kolb and the defense. If they do that, it'll help both the defense and Kolb and could work out real well and result in more wins.
I just never go into a season expecting the Eagles to be a bad team. I can't remember the last time the Eagles were a bad team.

The only times they were bad were when they were destroyed by injuries.

This team is still talented, one of the most talented teams in the league, and they have tons of ammo in the best draft in years. So is it possible to have a great season? Absolutely.

It can go either way. Kolb doesn't need to be great for the Eagles to go 8-8 or better. The rest of the team come September will be talented enough for them to win without Kolb being great.

It really all comes down to health. The healthiest team always wins the East. The division is too competitive to predict.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Shady hasn't touched the ball more then 30 times in a game. I think he is a great talent but the Eagles need to have that second person to fill in and be great supporting him. If we run him into the ground with 30 plus a game how is he going to hold up who knows and really name one team anymore that uses just one big name back? Look at NY and look at Dallas.

Mike Bell is horribly inconsistent, disappeared for 2 years and really I am not big on. Eldra has proved less in his time in the NFL that Kolb has ( 16 carries for 44 yards and no catches) so we dont know what we have and really I don't see why you don't get a person that can push for the number 2 spot and give the Eagles a possible bruising back that can wear down a defense and soften them up for a QB that is learning. I really want the Eagles to have Shady healthy and for a long time and getting a good back mid rounds that can slow a game down and grind out yards isnt a bad thing.
The more I think about the RB situation, the more I see the need. I agree Bell is inconsistent, and Buckley is relatively unproven. In terms of splitting carries up, I think between Shady, Bell, and Buckley, you could get it done. But luckily for us Weaver is an excellent running option as well, and I'm hoping he will get about 10 touches or more per game, which will help decrease the workload on Shady and the other RBs. But I do see the need for RB, I really do. My thing is, we have a starting RB and two other solid options running the ball. We need to address CB, which is without a starter, FS, which could use an upgrade, C or RG, which could also use upgrades for the starter, our LB corp, which has two positions that could be upgraded at starter, and DE, which, IMO, doesn't need a starter, but another contributor. RB is a need, but as I see it, there are much more pressing needs right now than RB.