Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think the transportation costs would cut deeply into the profits, didn't Jerry say it's cost 20 million to move the screen inside the statium or something?
We can have all Eagle Nation, put 10 dollars each and problem solved.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
We can have all Eagle Nation, put 10 dollars each and problem solved.
Damn, you really want to get this done, don't you?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drunken Jerry Jones!!! Anyone seen the Video? LMAO!

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-14-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Drunken Jerry Jones!!! Anyone seen the Video? LMAO!
It explains the Roy Williams deal, lol.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
It explains the Roy Williams deal, lol.
Laughing my mutha F'n ass off!

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

ERNIE SIMS for a 5th rounder wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=20815

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
ERNIE SIMS for a 5th rounder wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=20815
So psyched I wanted the Eagles to draft him in 06, but he was gone. I think he's gonna be a beast in this defense. Damn I hope so.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many WLB does that give the Eagles now 3? And still not one SLB.

He is going to be looking for a contract now. Idk, from Lions fans he overruns a lot of plays and only played good when he had a big body in front of him to take up the linemen.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! This is awesome I love that move. Ernie Sims is a beast.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has his moments. But he got injured... lost his spot to a rookie... and that was on the worst D in the NFL for the past 3 years. He's not a defense changer. He's been slipping the past year or two.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this mean Bunkley is the only 2006 FSU 1st round defender to not be traded this offseason? Haha wow. I am excited about the move, he could be very good in the right system with talent around him.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I like the move, not love it, getting Sims after only giving up a 5th rounder is a move you can't go wrong with, but I don't know If Sims will be the player that some of you are expecting. I think with the D-line in front of him he can be better than he was in Detroit, but I don't expect a monster season out of him. This pretty much wipes out the possibility of the Eagles drafting any WILL in this draft, it'll either be a SLB or MLB if the team plans on sliding Bradley over, which I doubt.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a Donald Butler or AJ Edds in the 3rd-4th round to play SLB. Our LB corps could be quite a bit improved.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I wouldn't mind grabbing a Donald Butler or AJ Edds in the 3rd-4th round to play SLB. Our LB corps could be quite a bit improved.
I'd like Edds, but unless you are talking about sliding Bradley out to SLB, I don't think Butler would be a good fit at SLB. He isn't stout at the POS and does take on or shed blockers well, which is what we need out of our SLB. Once I saw we got Sims, my thought process took me to this.

If we drafted Brandon Spikes in the late third or early 4th to be the SLB, I would be all for it. He has questions about being a 3 down LB, but we haven't had a 3 down SLB as long as I can remember, and SLBs are the first one off in nickel and dime packages anyway. Spikes has everything you want in terms of his ability against the run and as a pass rusher, which is how the Eagles use their SLBs the most. I think he would be a great pick depending on when he would be picked, and who else is available.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

True, I guess my reasoning for Butler is I really want someone to match up against TEs (especially in this division) in coverage, but Ernie Sims can probably be that guy.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
True, I guess my reasoning for Butler is I really want someone to match up against TEs (especially in this division) in coverage, but Ernie Sims can probably be that guy.
The problem is, our Safeties, SLB, or CBs are usually the ones that match up against our opponents TEs. I wish we would see our WLBs or even Bradley in coverage (if he has his range) more. Sims can cover the TE's but keep in mind he is short, and even if he is ticking on the TE like glue, Witten, Boss and Cooley are almost a half foot taller than him and can still make those tough catches.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOT ONE OF DETROIT'S BUSTS!!!!!!!!!

Party time! Eagles making big moves, bitches!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Let's recap this offseason, shall we?

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

Can you say championship?!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

nooo, but you can say youth movement. Oldest players are now Akers and Parker.

Also looking at Sims stats, Sniper will be happy to bring back the term pile jumper.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
nooo, but you can say youth movement. Oldest players are now Akers and Parker.

Also looking at Sims stats, Sniper will be happy to bring back the term pile jumper.
Like a baby pile jumper. I can't wait to see 136 tackles (135 assisted), 0 TFL, 0 sacks, 3 PBU, 0 INT, 0 FF. GET EXCITED, BITCHES!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ernie Sims deal has potential, he is only 25 and he still oozes potential, especially in an agressive scheme like the Eagles. Ernie Sims is super fast, super athletic and is a huge hitter but at this point he is kind of like the Roy Williams of linebackers, his form tackling is iffy, he isn't good in run support, he overruns plays, he gets washed out and he can't get through the trash in the front 7.

Crazy athlete, tons of potential but the Eagles really have some work to do. One thing that I did like that I read was that one of his former coaches (or maybe it was Millen) said that when he first got into the NFL he would give his all so much that he would hit the hardest he could until he would black out. I can't really express how much of a freak he is, his workout numbers would be really good for a WR, but he is a 230 pound linebacker. Hopefully he gets into the habit of smashing Felix Jones. I can't wait to see Ernie Sims lay the lumber, he can really hit.

But the move is so low risk, a 5th round pick for a 25 year old former 9th overall pick? Done deal. He is better than anything Andy Reid was likely to find in the fifth and at the very least the Eagles just got a hellacious special teams player.

Last edited by Thumper : 04-19-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

You all know how I feel about McNabb and Kolb so I'm just going to leave that one alone. But, today LeSean McCoy said Kevin Kolb was the next big thing. I like hearing encouraging things from his teammates who also say he is a natural leader. Shawn Andrews is not a loss, he was a waste of space. LeSean McCoy was better than Westy who was always nicked up and Witherspoon is replaced by Stewart Bradley/Akeem Jordan/ Ernie Sims. The losses haven't been huge aside from Sheldon Brown but if the Eagles can get Joe Haden or Devin McCourty it won't be as big of a loss.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Hahahaha oh man Ernie Sims has some folklore he claims he ran varsity track in third grade and started on the varsity football team his eigth grade year. But varsity track in third grade? IDK if thats true but thats beast mode.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Maybe its just me, but you never seem satisfied with ANY move the Eagles make. Do you spend a lot of your time calling into the radio?

He played in Detroit. Look at the guys he played behind. Lets at least give him a chance in the Eagles system before we write him off. He definitely did not fit Schwartz's cover 2 scheme.

And to the people that say "ZOMGZ NOES SLB!!!1", SLB in this defense has changed. Its not what it was with JJ. SLB is not a guy who can cover well and playing the run is his best asset. We dont need a guy thats the size of a mack truck and runs like a gazelle if he cant cover.

Not to mention, we rotate our LBs a ridiculous amount. Ernie Sims > any 5th round LB we would have taken.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The Ernie Sims deal has potential, he is only 25 and he still oozes potential, especially in an agressive scheme like the Eagles. Ernie Sims is super fast, super athletic and is a huge hitter but at this point he is kind of like the Roy Williams of linebackers, his form tackling is iffy, he isn't good in run support, he overruns plays, he gets washed out and he can't get through the trash in the front 7.

Crazy athlete, tons of potential but the Eagles really have some work to do. One thing that I did like that I read was that one of his former coaches (or maybe it was Millen) said that when he first got into the NFL he would give his all so much that he would hit the hardest he could until he would black out. I can't really express how much of a freak he is, his workout numbers would be really good for a WR, but he is a 230 pound linebacker. Hopefully he gets into the habit of smashing Felix Jones. I can't wait to see Ernie Sims lay the lumber, he can really hit.

But the move is so low risk, a 5th round pick for a 25 year old former 9th overall pick? Done deal. He is better than anything Andy Reid was likely to find in the fifth and at the very least the Eagles just got a hellacious special teams player.
That's why I like the deal. No we aren't getting the value that the Jets got for Holmes, but there is very little risk here for the Eagles, and the potential rewards are great.

I copywrited that word, you didn't ask permission... ;).