Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Curious though....When you guys traded up, did you assume it was for Earl Thomas as well? Watching ESPN they pretty much assumed a bit too soon and started talking about how Earl fits on Philly as if they already knew who it was for, it was no secret you guys may trade up for Earl but I guess everyone was shocked to see Graham go. I wasn't sure if you, or any of you other guys had any clue what was going on when you saw you move up.

The team had just traded for Tapp to play LE, and had traded away Sheldon Brown to the Browns. I honestly thought that they were targeting Corner and was juggling the Idea of having Wilson on my team. Im still having nightmares of seeing Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, rapeing Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel over and over.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the eagles traded up, I was just praying it was for Earl Thomas and not JPP, didn't even know Brandon Graham was on the eagles radar haha. I was definitely happy with the pick though because like EATW alluded to, I love Graham and I liked the safety depth much more than the DE depth in the draft.

Also we ended up with a safety who is a pretty damn good ballhawk in his own right (granted not on the level as ET) but might actually be better in run support than Thomas.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
When the eagles traded up, I was just praying it was for Earl Thomas and not JPP, didn't even know Brandon Graham was on the eagles radar haha. I was definitely happy with the pick though because like EATW alluded to, I love Graham and I liked the safety depth much more than the DE depth in the draft.
LOL I thought the exact same thing. I was worried since Peter King said we were trying to move up for JPP.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Im still a little mad we didnt get either Brandon McDonald or Eric Wright from the browns in the Gocong/Brown trade but maybe now since they got Joe Haden they would be more comfortable parting with one of them and it probably would not cost us much although if a trade was going to happen most likely it would have been during the draft.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 04-26-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Im still a little mad we didnt get either Brandon McDonald or Eric Wright from the browns in the Gocong/Brown trade but maybe now since they got Joe Haden they would be more comfortable parting with one of them and it probably would not cost us much although if a trade was going to happen most likely it would have been during the draft.
Agreed, don't rule out the Eagles doing such a move, they have connections with the Browns, and we could see something happen there at some point before the season.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart Bradley has been cleared to practice this weekend. YES! A REAL MLB!

Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles claimed Shawn Murphy off of the waiver wire today, he was cut by the Buccaneers a few days back I believe.

The Eagles also signed two more UDFA, Eric Moncur from Miami and Devin Ross from Arizona.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Stewart Bradley has been cleared to practice this weekend. YES! A REAL MLB!

Bradley's a bit overrated right now, but I'll take it. Statistically (beyond tackles/TFL/all the easy to find stats), the Eagles were roughly the same team up the middle with Bradley as they were with Omar Gaither at MLB.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Bradley's a bit overrated right now, but I'll take it. Statistically (beyond tackles/TFL/all the easy to find stats), the Eagles were roughly the same team up the middle with Bradley as they were with Omar Gaither at MLB.
I completely agree, he is overrated by fans and the media, but he is better than anything the Eagles put out there last year and we really saw his value last season. He should bring stability to the defense, something the Eagles lacked last year. I'm not expecting an all-pro year or a pro-bowl ever from Stewart Bradley but he is the best linebacker on the Eagles right now and he will be nice to have back.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering how bad our linebackers are, we need all the help we can get. Its good to have Stewart back, hopefully he wont regress after his injury.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-27-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pumped to get Bradley back, he fits the team better at MLB, has a more complete skill set than any of our MLBs last year, and point blank, is better. I'm anxious to see how he is healed, and I think if he is fully healthy he has a chance to make pro bowls in the future, though maybe not this year. He brings a lot more to the team than hisphysical traits and style of play, he is a leader as well. I thought he could be a Pro Bowl LB before the injury, and if he is healthy, he still can be. He is that good. (Assuming he is back to his old self)

Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm pumped to get Bradley back, he fits the team better at MLB, has a more complete skill set than any of our MLBs last year, and point blank, is better. I'm anxious to see how he is healed, and I think if he is fully healthy he has a chance to make pro bowls in the future, though maybe not this year. He brings a lot more to the team than hisphysical traits and style of play, he is a leader as well. I thought he could be a Pro Bowl LB before the injury, and if he is healthy, he still can be. He is that good. (Assuming he is back to his old self)
Agreed. Before his injury he was on the verge of breaking out and establishing himself as one of the best 4-3 MLBs out there. I'm sure the injury set him back a little, but I'm anxious to get him back and see where's he's at. If anything Bradley is underrated.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I am really confident in the offense, I have no tangible reason for it yet but the confidence and swagger of the players inspires hope that they can pick up right where they left off last season as one of the top offenses in the NFL. It really is incredible, when you watch the interviews and a question about the youth comes up their faces light up like you can see the confidence just take over. The confidence all the players have in Kolb has me thinking this team can still compete. They talk about Kolb the same way I do and they are oozing confidence. I'm excited to see what the "Young Guns" can do.

Edit: Perfect example, DeSean Jackson just tweeted (this is translated to english) "Back in Philly, on my stuff! Time to grind harder! The take over is coming."

Last edited by Thumper : 04-27-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

A little of topic, but intresting. I just read on the Cowboys board, that Dolphins G.M. Ireland, asked Dez Bryant if "his mom was still a prostitute." How low is this on Ireland?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
A little of topic, but intresting. I just read on the Cowboys board, that Dolphins G.M. Ireland, asked Dez Bryant if "his mom was still a prostitute." How low is this on Ireland?
I think understanding a player's upbringing is key to understanding a player's character. And to understand a player's upbringing I think you need to know what type of person their mother is. If I remember correctly Dez's father wasn't present which means his mother was the largest influence on Dez and to understand the character of Dez you need to understand the character of his biggest influence. Because children are at such a young and impressionable age, the scars they gain from experiencing poverty early in life inevitably carry on into their adult life. "Childhood lays the foundations for adult abilities, interests, and motivation." is a quote that really applies here. Because, if children learn certain poverty-related behaviors in childhood, the behaviors are more likely to perpetuate. Having a hard upbringing makes it more likely for a player to bust and that is something a team should find out about. There are so many cases of players having rough up bringings and busting when they get to the NFL. This is most definitely the case as many scholars have pointed out, poverty is a cycle, Ruby K. Payne in her book A Framework for Understanding Poverty said that
Quote:
"One aspect of generational poverty is a learned helplessness that is passed from parents to children and on down the line. This learned helplessness can be explained as the ideology that there is no way for one to get out of poverty and so in order to make the best of their situation one must live in the moment and experience what they can when they can. This leads to people spending money right as they get it"
It was a shrewd question, it was rude and abrupt but I don't think it was a completely unnecessary question.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
I can tell you right now, if someone spoke about my mother that way, I'd jump across the table and beat the piss out of them, and not think twice about it.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I am really confident in the offense, I have no tangible reason for it yet but the confidence and swagger of the players inspires hope that they can pick up right where they left off last season as one of the top offenses in the NFL. It really is incredible, when you watch the interviews and a question about the youth comes up their faces light up like you can see the confidence just take over. The confidence all the players have in Kolb has me thinking this team can still compete. They talk about Kolb the same way I do and they are oozing confidence. I'm excited to see what the "Young Guns" can do.

Edit: Perfect example, DeSean Jackson just tweeted (this is translated to english) "Back in Philly, on my stuff! Time to grind harder! The take over is coming."
I have remained confident in the offense. Its hard not to with all the weapons, and with the cionfidence both of us have in Kolb, we should feel confident in the offense. All the weapons are back, with some added ones, and (as we see it) the QB position is not a weakness, so in terms of the skill positions, the offense is geared to go. I do worry about the O-line a bit though, and hope that everyone can get healthy and stay healthy.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The latest rumor is Michael Vick to Buffalo for Jairus Byrd. LMAO!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea, don't count on it, we already have Safety hammered out.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Yeah there's no way of it happening, but if it did (it won't so I don't even know why I'm still talking about it) I'm sure Byrd could play CB like he did at Oregon and be a damn good one.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
do you have a link this is too funny.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah there's no way of it happening, but if it did (it won't so I don't even know why I'm still talking about it) I'm sure Byrd could play CB like he did at Oregon and be a damn good one.
I was thinking so too, but honestly, I doubt the Bills would be willing to part with Byrd for Vick, makes no sense at all.

Hey everybody read my evaluations of the Eagles picks in the thread I made, I want to see what everyne thinks. I just have the seventh rounders to go, and I should get them done this afternoon or evening.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
do you have a link this is too funny.
I read it on the Eagles Message Board (I go there whenever I need a laugh). Someone said it was originally on a Florida radio station (wtf?).
Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
I read it on the Eagles Message Board (I go there whenever I need a laugh). Someone said it was originally on a Florida radio station (wtf?).
ah yes the eagles boards I go there when I want to feel smart. Also Im wondering what affiliation Vick or Byrd has with anyone in Florida? easily one of the worst rumors Ive heard in a long time

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

I feel sorry for anyone who already bought a #94 Brandon Graham jersey because hes already changed it to 54
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=21006

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ