Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb=/=Rodgers
Old 05-04-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Kolb=/=Rodgers
You're just blatantly anti-Kolb, its not just that you don't think Kolb isn't comprable to Rodgers, you've never said anything positive about Kolb.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
You're just blatantly anti-Kolb, its not just that you don't think Kolb isn't comprable to Rodgers, you've never said anything positive about Kolb.
Kolb gets so much unmerited love it makes me sick. You chose to pick the one quarterback who was stuck behind a great qb for a few years and then flourished, but you fail to mention the many that fell flat on their faces. Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. Not to mention Kolb has half the arm Rodgers has.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Thump, gotta agree with TB on this one, the only thing they really have in common is they both are following great qb's. In addition to Rodgers having better arm strength, he came out of a pro style offense at Cal with good mechanics whereas Kolb came out of a spread offense with questionable mechanics. There's a reason why Aaron Rodgers was almost #1 overall, whereas Kolb was viewed as a sizeable reach where the Eagles took him.

I'm hoping he does well, but honestly he hasn't done anything but rip apart the Chiefs. If Kolb were a stock I'd short him right now, I'm reserving judgment til he gets better real game experience.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
FA thread, What has to happen thread, both yesterday.

On the 3rd you brought him up in who will be last in the NFC east. Also in this thread saying Brent and Kevin are best friends.
Don't you realize that your evidence means nothing to the Thumper? He's perfect, never does anything wrong and never has a wrong opinion.

Wait, what?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Kolb gets so much unmerited love it makes me sick. You chose to pick the one quarterback who was stuck behind a great qb for a few years and then flourished, but you fail to mention the many that fell flat on their faces. Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. Not to mention Kolb has half the arm Rodgers has.
Some of the call for Kolb has merit behind it. His arm is good, good enough to make all the throws asked of him in the offense. But what I was most impressed with was his willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit, but still fire off a perfect dart. He manipulates the pocket well, and compensates for his lack of elite athletecism with instincts and intelligence. Now I don't necessarily buy the Rodgers comparison becuase Rodgers has more arm strength and has a different type of body than Kolb. Plus when you look at how the two handle themselves, Kolb is more reserved and held back, whereas Rodgers isn't afraid to crack a smile (on the field or with the press) or jump around and show his emotions.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I mentioned before in another thread, I guarentee Reid didn't trade McNabb and make Kolb the starting QB because Kolb had one or two good games. I'm sure the eagles have seen enough in practice to make them belive he is ready. They know what they're doing when it comes to QBs.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Like I mentioned before in another thread, I guarentee Reid didn't trade McNabb and make Kolb the starting QB because Kolb had one or two good games. I'm sure the eagles have seen enough in practice to make them belive he is ready. They know what they're doing when it comes to QBs.
Of course, and hsi performance in his two games supports what they already felt about him. I'm a supporter of Kolb, because of how the team feels and from what I've seen, but I don't feel the need to drill it in to everybody's head. He'll have his opportunity to prove himself soon enough, none of this constant battering of info on him means jack **** if he wouldn't perform well this season, and if he performs well, it certainly won't be because the Thumper (or myself) supports him, and defends his honor.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is really bashing him, most of us are just holding off judgement till we see him play more than 2 games.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No one is really bashing him, most of us are just holding off judgement till we see him play more than 2 games.
Which is exactly why the Thumper's constant badgering us of Kolb is so annoying.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Todd. You're just a hater, so go keep hating on, Hater McHaterpants.

Also, I can literally picture ea45 in tears as he wrote that. NOBODY LOVES KOLBBBBBBBB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yeah, Todd. You're just a hater, so go keep hating on, Hater McHaterpants.

Also, I can literally picture ea45 in tears as he wrote that. NOBODY LOVES KOLBBBBBBBB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
ef45... If there was any question when the Thumper first joined, its steadily gained momentum towards the point where it is a certainty.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
ef45... If there was any question when the Thumper first joined, its steadily gained momentum towards the point where it is a certainty.
Yes, my bad. Thanks.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson just had a somewhat controversial interview ith Sporting News and in it he said that " I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone." Woah, I never expected a player to say that. Talk about disrespecting McNabb, I mean I love McNabb (shocking) he did great things for the Eagles, Philadelphia and he was a class act, I just thought he was on his way down and I convinced myself that Kolb was the answer at QB since McNabb was half way out the door. But for a player to say that "I don't think we lost anything" thats a bit of a head scratcher.

He continued on to say that the Kolb Jackson connection is "... going to be spectacular. With his talent and hopefully my ability to get him the ball in stride and yards after the catch, those types of things - it will be pretty special. I look forward to being around him and both of us being with this team for a long time."

One thing I notice is that DeSean uses the terms 'me' and 'I' a lot and whenever he talks about 'us' or 'both' its about Kolb getting him the ball. I don't get the impression that DeSean and Jeremy get along really well and I get the impression that they are super competitive with eachother. After the Maclin pick last season, DeSean Jackson said ""When they made that pick I didn’t really understand it, but it is what it is, he’s a first-round pick. I’m a second-round. He’s going to set the goals high for me." and recently Gary Gobb said "I think we’re going to be surprised at the success of Maclin this season. From what I hear he’s been living up in wide receiver coach David Culley’s office. Maclin wants to have people talking about him like they now talk about DeSean." and while Jeremy Maclin knows how to play the humble guy in interviews you can really see that he is arrogant, but its not the DeSean kind of arrogance, DeSean just makes people look silly and he dances around leaving people wondering how he passed them so quick, Maclin almost plays mean, when he scores he doesn't dance, he just kind of gets up and scowls, in the Bears game he actually threw some punches (although it was technically still during a play) and in the Cowboys game he really laid into some people, he got into it with Hamlin on the sidelines, shoving him and getting testy and then he also shoved Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters. I don't get the impression that this is an entirely healthy relationship, it seems like they push eachother and I think that is a great thing as long as they remain friendly but I think with their egos they're going to clash eventually, just my opinion.

Also just another young offense note here, Marty mentioned changing the offense for Kolb and I found these nifty little graphs at a website called McNabborKolb.com.

I think that shows you guys what you need to know, less deep stuff and more short to intermediate stuff, which better suits Kolb's strengths.

Last edited by Thumper : 05-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHHHAHAH...but I thought Kolb=Aaron Rodgers? You been boasting about Kolb's arm all this time...and posting that video of Kolb's 30-35 yard lob.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
HAHAHHHAHAH...but I thought Kolb=Aaron Rodgers? You been boasting about Kolb's arm all this time...and posting that video of Kolb's 30-35 yard lob.
Kolb can get it deep, he has shown he has that ability.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Maclin's personality on the field is something you need, it gonna show up when is willing to block and not half ass it, and go over the middle even though he knows the safeties or Lbs will knock his head off.

Its like Hines Ward, but less happy, or a better example Boldin.

Jackson on the other hand is going to turn into mini T.O. personality wise, happy and fun when he is getting the ball and winning, drama queen when its not going his way or receiving attention. That usually caries off field, you already may have noticed some of it.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Maclin's personality on the field is something you need, it gonna show up when is willing to block and not half ass it, and go over the middle even though he knows the safeties or Lbs will knock his head off.

Its like Hines Ward, but less happy, or a better example Boldin.

Jackson on the other hand is going to turn into mini T.O. personality wise, happy and fun when he is getting the ball and winning, drama queen when its not going his way or receiving attention. That usually caries off field, you already may have noticed some of it.
Maclin may be more physical than DeSean, but in no way does he block like Ward, and doesn't run with the same anger that Boldin runs with. He still sways toward playing with speed, netiher Boldin nor Ward play that way.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Just read this.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DeSean Jackson just had a somewhat controversial interview ith Sporting News and in it he said that " I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone." Woah, I never expected a player to say that. Talk about disrespecting McNabb, I mean I love McNabb (shocking) he did great things for the Eagles, Philadelphia and he was a class act, I just thought he was on his way down and I convinced myself that Kolb was the answer at QB since McNabb was half way out the door. But for a player to say that "I don't think we lost anything" thats a bit of a head scratcher.

He continued on to say that the Kolb Jackson connection is "... going to be spectacular. With his talent and hopefully my ability to get him the ball in stride and yards after the catch, those types of things - it will be pretty special. I look forward to being around him and both of us being with this team for a long time."

One thing I notice is that DeSean uses the terms 'me' and 'I' a lot and whenever he talks about 'us' or 'both' its about Kolb getting him the ball. I don't get the impression that DeSean and Jeremy get along really well and I get the impression that they are super competitive with eachother. After the Maclin pick last season, DeSean Jackson said ""When they made that pick I didn’t really understand it, but it is what it is, he’s a first-round pick. I’m a second-round. He’s going to set the goals high for me." and recently Gary Gobb said "I think we’re going to be surprised at the success of Maclin this season. From what I hear he’s been living up in wide receiver coach David Culley’s office. Maclin wants to have people talking about him like they now talk about DeSean." and while Jeremy Maclin knows how to play the humble guy in interviews you can really see that he is arrogant, but its not the DeSean kind of arrogance, DeSean just makes people look silly and he dances around leaving people wondering how he passed them so quick, Maclin almost plays mean, when he scores he doesn't dance, he just kind of gets up and scowls, in the Bears game he actually threw some punches (although it was technically still during a play) and in the Cowboys game he really laid into some people, he got into it with Hamlin on the sidelines, shoving him and getting testy and then he also shoved Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters. I don't get the impression that this is an entirely healthy relationship, it seems like they push eachother and I think that is a great thing as long as they remain friendly but I think with their egos they're going to clash eventually, just my opinion.

Also just another young offense note here, Marty mentioned changing the offense for Kolb and I found these nifty little graphs at a website called McNabborKolb.com.

I think that shows you guys what you need to know, less deep stuff and more short to intermediate stuff, which better suits Kolb's strengths.
Bro, just get over it man. You want Kolb's dick and thats fine i guess. Until we see otherwise we will continue to feel as though getting rid of one of the only franchise QB's weve ever had for a 2nd round draft pick and putting all our faith into a QB has only played 2 games is stupid.....which it is!

When Kolb comes out and has a pro bowl season or takes us to the play offs i will be the first on here to say you were right and i was wrong. you can put this in your sig....im just saying. As of right now it seems like a dumb ass mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Bro, just get over it man. You want Kolb's dick and thats fine i guess. Until we see otherwise we will continue to feel as though getting rid of one of the only franchise QB's weve ever had for a 2nd round draft pick and putting all our faith into a QB has only played 2 games is stupid.....which it is!

When Kolb comes out and has a pro bowl season or takes us to the play offs i will be the first on here to say you were right and i was wrong. you can put this in your sig....im just saying. As of right now it seems like a dumb ass mistake.
Ummmm... what? That post wasn't Kolb biased at all really, I just quoted DeSean and put up some graphs that explained what some of us already knew, Kolb is more accurate on short and intermediate throws and McNabb is better with the deep ball, anything shocking about that?

I love how I can't even mention Kolb or else I get attacked haha. And a second round draft pick makes this a terrible decision? You realize that Drew Brees was a second round pick, Brett Favre was a second round pick, Matt Schaub was a third round pick, Tom Brady was a 5th round draft pick, Tony Romo was an UDFA, Matt Hasselbeck was a 6th round draft pick and Kurt Warner went undrafted. Using draft position as an argument against Kolb is terribly fallacious and just flat out dumb, there have been plenty of players who went in the first round who can't play and plently of players who went later who can. Plus Andy Reid has a very good history with quarterbacks and his judgement with them and his eye for talent at the QB spot is typically very good, I'll just leave it at that. Sorry if that seemed like too much Kolb for you guys, get over it, he is the new starting QB and his talents are worthy of discussion since QB is the most important spot on the field.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ummmm... what? That post wasn't Kolb biased at all really, I just quoted DeSean and put up some graphs that explained what some of us already knew, Kolb is more accurate on short and intermediate throws and McNabb is better with the deep ball, anything shocking about that?

I love how I can't even mention Kolb or else I get attacked haha. And a second round draft pick makes this a terrible decision? You realize that Drew Brees was a second round pick, Brett Favre was a second round pick, Matt Schaub was a third round pick, Tom Brady was a 5th round draft pick, Tony Romo was an UDFA, Matt Hasselbeck was a 6th round draft pick and Kurt Warner went undrafted. Using draft position as an argument against Kolb is terribly fallacious and just flat out dumb, there have been plenty of players who went in the first round who can't play and plently of players who went later who can. Plus Andy Reid has a very good history with quarterbacks and his judgement with them and his eye for talent at the QB spot is typically very good, I'll just leave it at that. Sorry if that seemed like too much Kolb for you guys, get over it, he is the new starting QB and his talents are worthy of discussion since QB is the most important spot on the field.
The 2nd round pick comment wasnt made to talk about Kolb i was talking about the 2nd round pick being what we got in return for a franchise QB.

Kolb cant hold mcnabbs jock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The 2nd round pick comment wasnt made to talk about Kolb i was talking about the 2nd round pick being what we got in return for a franchise QB.

Kolb cant hold mcnabbs jock.
From a physical standpoint in terms of size, speed, strength and arm strength he can't hold McNabb's jock and not many can, I'm not sure that anyone in the NFL outside of Vick, Stafford or Cutler can match McNabb in terms of physical ability, McNabb had an absolute cannon for an arm and he could move. But mentally, I know for a fact that Kolb can stand up to McNabb. In a combine style workout however, Kolb couldn't match McNabb however Kolb is more intelligent than McNabb. Just sayin'.

And I don't really get why people are so mad about this, you should've seen it coming. I called it in the third quarter of the playoff game and all the Cowboys fans I was with kind of gawked at me and said "you really think so?" You should've seen it coming. And really the Eagles made the right choice, they would've had to make this decision some time or another very soon. Kolb made it clear he wanted to start, McNabb was the starter, Kolb played well in his starts as a young QB, McNabb played well in his starts as an aging QB. Both of their contracts ended after the 2011 season so the Eagles would've had to choose between McNabb and Kolb at the end of next season and they would have gotten nothing in return for the one who left, if McNabb leaves the Eagles through 2011 FA the Eagles get nothing in return and if they kept McNabb and Kolb left through 2011 FA they would lose him without compensation and they would have to start looking for another QB of the future. It really should've been clear that McNabb was out the door this offseason especially with the youth movement occurring all around him. McNabb leaving really shouldn't have upset anyone, it was terribly predictable and it was the right decision because now they got compensation for a QB they traded and they still have their QB of the future.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Anyways on a different topic, I'm excited to see the developments some guys make, mainly LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin and even Winston Justice.

-LeSean McCoy played fairly well last year, he didn't play out of this world good but he played well, enough to be considered the most effective rookie runner and the best rookie runner in Eagles history. But I'm really excited to see him play this season, he lost some bad weight he was carrying (he claims to have been 217 last season) and he is now more cut and lighter at 211 pounds. LeSean McCoy was one of my absolute favorite players in last year's draft and I was extremely excited when the Eagles picked him. I'm super pumped to see him as the 'guy' in the backfield.
-Jeremy Maclin is supposedly bigger and up to 210 which would make him a 6' tall receiver that weighs 210 pounds. Also I'm excited to see his play level take a bigger jump as he adjusts to the NFL, he was really really good in the second half of last season and he should only get better because remember that he missed about half of training camp and he was transitioning from a spread offense plus with new changes to the offense (a more conventional west coast offense) he should be targeted more than he was last season since he is big (in comparison to the rest of the Eagles receivers), he is physical and he can run after the catch all traits of a prototypical receiver in the west coast offense where the passing game is based off of short routes that are actually just an extension of the running game.
-Also it just dawned on me today, Winston Justice hasn't reached his potential. Remember that great prospect? I do, Justice was a very very good OT prospect and his natural position is RT, his development should continue as he only begins to reach the immense potential we knew he had in that draft process. He was a top 10 RT last season, arguably the Eagles best/most consistent offensive lineman despite having a huge rotation of guards playing next to him and it was only his first season starting. Maybe Winston Justice reaches the immense potential we all know he still has? I hope so.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Mothers day, Bitches!!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote