Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we take Aaron Williams.

The strong safety class next year is fairly deep. Some good ball players like Ahmad Black and Tyler Sash, who are somewhat unheralded.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb's practice demeanor as the starter has been notable for a few reasons according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

For one, it stands polar to the way Donovan McNabb conducted himself on the Eagles practice field for over a decade. McNabb was loosey goosey. He smiled a lot. Liked to joke around with his teammates. If he was errant on a pass he would react and motion and yell, but he did it all with a laugh and a grin. Kolb just grits his teeth and stares.

Interestingly enough, Kolb has already faced some nit-picking about his displays. From his own coach. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg often teaches his quarterbacks to keep their emotions in check and their body language impassive. Kolb, though, isn't apologizing for his ways. (Sound like anyone else?)

“I’ve been that way since the day I was born,” Kolb said earlier this week. “Marty tries to pull me back on that sometimes. But sometimes I think it’s good. He gets me to not show it, but sometimes I think guys in certain times need to see their quarterback get angry and go look, ‘Let’s flip the switch here and get going.’”

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb's practice demeanor as the starter has been notable for a few reasons according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

For one, it stands polar to the way Donovan McNabb conducted himself on the Eagles practice field for over a decade. McNabb was loosey goosey. He smiled a lot. Liked to joke around with his teammates. If he was errant on a pass he would react and motion and yell, but he did it all with a laugh and a grin. Kolb just grits his teeth and stares.

Interestingly enough, Kolb has already faced some nit-picking about his displays. From his own coach. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg often teaches his quarterbacks to keep their emotions in check and their body language impassive. Kolb, though, isn't apologizing for his ways. (Sound like anyone else?)

“I’ve been that way since the day I was born,” Kolb said earlier this week. “Marty tries to pull me back on that sometimes. But sometimes I think it’s good. He gets me to not show it, but sometimes I think guys in certain times need to see their quarterback get angry and go look, ‘Let’s flip the switch here and get going.’”
I like having a QB with that type of mentality, I played with the same three QBs throughout the time from when I was 5 until I graduated, and our team liked the QB who had the most intensity, and we had the most success with him as well. Kolb seems to blend that intensity well with how he uses it with the team. Its much better to have an intense QB who will keep you going than having a QB who looks at your receiver and says, "its ok, you'll get it next time".

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love McNabb, but was there anything more annoying than when McNabb would throw one of his infamous dirt balls at a receivers' feet, only for the camera to cut to him with a huge smile on his face?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been part of a forum mock on here and I got to take the Eagles. I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should do for the last 3 rounds. I have a pretty big board left and solid talent at pretty much every position, but CB.

What I have so far:
1) Prince Amukamara, CB, Wisconsin (Aaron Williams and Patrick Peterson were taken)
2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State
3) Jurrell Casey, DT, USC (absolute steal)
4a) Noel Devine, RB, WVU
4b) Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

Where should I go next? We have 4 picks left. Will +rep good ideas.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stefen Wisniewski, in my opinion. The guy plays with a consistency. He can also move inside and play center he is a doubled edge sword.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know much about the 2011 prospects yet but some positions the eagles might be looking at in the late rounds next year are:

DE - Might be looking for a replacement for Juqua Parker.
QB - Mike Vick probably won't be there anymore so they might grab another developmental guy.
WR - Could use an upgrade over Baskett.
CB - If Ellis Hobbs isn't here anymore.
P - A replacement for Sav Rocca could be an option.

Overall your draft looks pretty good so far. Probably filled our 2 biggest needs in the first 2 rounds with future starters at CB and interior OL. Got depth at the DT position, another weapon for the offense and return game in Devine, this would be particularly good if they let Bell walk and we could get a nice 3 headed monster going with McCoy - Scott - Devine. Herzlich would be good value but we already have a logjam at LB, so unless the young guys don't step up I'm not sure the need is there.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I've been part of a forum mock on here and I got to take the Eagles. I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should do for the last 3 rounds. I have a pretty big board left and solid talent at pretty much every position, but CB.

What I have so far:
1) Prince Amukamara, CB, Wisconsin (Aaron Williams and Patrick Peterson were taken)
2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State
3) Jurrell Casey, DT, USC (absolute steal)
4a) Noel Devine, RB, WVU
4b) Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

Where should I go next? We have 4 picks left. Will +rep good ideas.
Honestly, if the first 4 rounds went like this, you could draft poop on a stick and I'd love this draft. Amukamara is a guy I like, not love at this point, but he is a legit first round talent and I think fits well. Wisniewski is a great pick as well. Casey IS a HUGE steal there, fits well and at a posiiton that could use some depth, especially if Laws continues his spiral and Owens doesn't do much, which I kind of expect. Then you top it off with Devine and Herzlich. Herzlich is a great fit and though LB isn't a huge need at this point, I could see it being a position the team addresses in the mid rounds, depending how the WLB situation works out, and Herzy can play there. It all depends how his medical comes out, but I love that pick as well. GE 77 said the psitions to watch for, but as always keep in mind OL. Another SS is possible depending how Coleman developes, and it could be addressed earlier if Mikell is gone after this season.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And... Down goes the first Eagles so far. Marlin Jackson fell down in drill, no contact, on hard turf, clutching his right knee which happens to be the one that he tore his ACL in during November. So... Nate Allen is now basically a lock for the starting spot unless the Eagles move Macho Harris back.

Or we could sign OJ Atgowe! :D
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're better off starting Nate Allen anyway. This is a blessing in disguise. Marlin Jackson was just a stop gap anyway, and he wasn't going to do anything special.

Now Nate can get more quality reps in.

I'm all for sitting rookies and letting them develop slow, I believe that decreases your bust rate when you do that, but screw it, why not. Nate can handle it.

Nate and Graham should start right away. Let the rest of em sit and learn, they'll need slow development. Graham and Nate should be plug and chug though.

That secondary is gonna be weaksauce this year anyway. Might as well let him get the kinks out this year.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I already thought Nate Allen would start, I was just hoping that Marlin could at least put up some competition. Now Nate Allen is competing with Macho Harris and Quintin Demps, now, he is a virtual lock for the spot.

And yeah, the secondary is going to suck, especially RCB. Ellis Hobbs is the worst starting corner in the NFL, Asante Samuel is a fantastic playmaker but he lets too much get by him in both the run and pass defense and Quintin Mikell just isn't the same without Dawkins beside him. Oh well... Patrick Peterson in next years draft! (I can dream)
Old 06-01-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Marlin Jackson: Marlin Jackson carted off with ankle injury

Eagles FS Marlin Jackson was carted off the practice field Tuesday with a potentially serious ankle injury.
Jackson, who is coming off back-to-back ACL surgeries the past two years, was "visibly upset" after going down without contact on a deep pass over the middle. The Eagles are now saying it's a right ankle injury, which is a relief considering his knee history. Stay tuned for updates. Jun. 1 - 2:35 pm et
Conflicting reports.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Phew, the reporters twittering were wrong! Its only an ankle injury which for Marlin is far better than a knee injury. Bullet = dodged. Now I really hope he can compete with Nate Allen because competition makes everyone better.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mikel is good, its Asante who's the problem. Mikel would constantly yell at Asante for breaking off assignment and leaving him out to dry.

It was fine when you had Sheldon shutting down 1 side, and Dawk opposite Mikel to clean up some of the mess, but you can't have a mediocre safety next to Mikel and Asante gambling all the time. That leaves huge holes in the secondary, and other guys get tagged as guilty by association.

Nate should clean up 1 spot, but without that Sheldon like CB next to Asante, it could get a little ugly.

I see you guys running a decent amount of Cover 2 this year in your coverage schemes. You'll still blitz like hell, but I mean that you'll see that your coverage shells this year will be less man and more zone, with 2 deep safety in all likelihood.

Less Cover 1 than years past.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And now it looks like Marlin's ankle injury is really serious, La Canfora said that "Eagles fearing worst on Marlin Jackson's ankle. "It's not good," a source said. Could miss much time in 2010." and I believe it, he was carted off, and when he was injured he was clutching his leg in pain and screaming "I'm finished". Kinda sad actually.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ractice-field/

Quote:
According to the on-site account of the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeffrey McLane, Jackson needed to helped off the field during Tuesday's OTA practice. Jackson was "visibly upset," and "left the building crying."
I genuinely feel bad for the guy, I know he doesn't deserve this kind of bad luck, this could be his third season ending injury in three years and by all accounts he is classy and just a nice, high character, hard working guy. I hate reading this stuff, especially when the player is a guy like Marlin Jackson.

Last edited by Thumper : 06-01-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
And... Down goes the first Eagles so far. Marlin Jackson fell down in drill, no contact, on hard turf, clutching his right knee which happens to be the one that he tore his ACL in during November. So... Nate Allen is now basically a lock for the starting spot unless the Eagles move Macho Harris back.

Or we could sign OJ Atgowe! :D
I heard its his ankle, but reports are that it isn't good and he doesn't look like he'll play this year. I think Harris will stay at CB, and the team will keep Demps at FS. Signing Atogwe at this point makes no sense.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I heard its his ankle, but reports are that it isn't good and he doesn't look like he'll play this year. I think Harris will stay at CB, and the team will keep Demps at FS. Signing Atogwe at this point makes no sense.
Initial reports said it was his knee and then it came out that it was his ankle.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Tough to hear for Marlin, though I thought Allen would assume starting FS at some point this season, if not from the get go, I liked Jackson as a person, wasn't too big on the signing, particularly because of his knees, but it sucks to hear stuff like this.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Initial reports said it was his knee and then it came out that it was his ankle.
Gotcha, I only saw your first post about it, but yeah, it sucks. I wasn't expecting a lot from him anyway, but he would have at least added competition at FS and been solid depth...

Old 06-01-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Damn, I was excited to see Jackson in a hybrid S/CB role. Oh well, hopefully this isn't the start of things to come.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Damn, I was excited to see Jackson in a hybrid S/CB role. Oh well, hopefully this isn't the start of things to come.
I was excited to see him on the field, if only for his ability to lay the big hit and support the run. With Allen, I didn't think he'd see much PT anyway though unless it were in nickel or dime packages.

Lets just hope there are no more serious injuries.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Marlin Jackson ruptured his Achilles, is officially out for the year. Get well Marlin.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Nate Allen better step up. Quintin Demps still being on the depth chart is a scary thought.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

Nate Allen better step up. Quintin Demps still being on the depth chart is a scary thought.
I have faith in Allen, all signs point to him being a very good player. And I like Demps as backup, he provides solid depth and has starting experience. He has great range and is a pretty balanced safety, his major drawback are his overaggression and lack of great power, but he is a more than solid backup FS. He has added value as a returner as well, which is also valuable.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

So apparantly, Macho Harris had a decent showing against scrubs last week which prompted Gcobb to say this:

Quote:
I’m not sure Macho Harris is fast enough to play cornerback in this defense. He’s made his share of plays during this camp but he’s also been beaten. Harris would be an ideal cover two corner because he knows how to play to his help and he’s very good at supporting the run on the corner.
But today, he was destroyed by Jeremy Maclin. Yay, Jeremy Maclin is a beast. He will be better than DeSean this season, he can make tough grabs, break tackles, go over the middle and everything DeSean can't do, Jeremy Maclin can and Jeremy can get deep better than most in the NFL can but he can't compare to DeSean in that aspect.