Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
But today, he was destroyed by Jeremy Maclin. Yay, Jeremy Maclin is a beast. He will be better than DeSean this season, he can make tough grabs, break tackles, go over the middle and everything DeSean can't do, Jeremy Maclin can and Jeremy can get deep better than most in the NFL can but he can't compare to DeSean in that aspect.
I don't buy it. People (mainly you) are making too much out of Maclin right now. Maclin's good but Desean's a rare talent and people are too quick to write him off as a "one trick pony" after the Cowboys games. He can take a quick slant to the house and is awesome at step back screens. He'll take a hit as he's shown over and over. Maclin had a good rookie season as the #2 option behind Desean, Desean did it the season before basically by himself.

Saying that Maclin is going to be better than DJax this season after witnessing DJax showing the immense potential that he is scraping the surface of is just ********. Get off Maclin's nuts. Sure he's good but him beating Macho Harris at CB in OTA's doesn't mean ****. It's baseless just like saying how awesome Kolb is. They need time to prove they have reached elite status and just haven't done it yet.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously Thumper you freak out when D-Unit hypes up Dez Bryant in Mini-camp but you're doing the same thing with Maclin. Don't get me wrong I think he can be great too but you're being pretty hypocritical.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think I made that judgement based on him beating Macho in training camp? Hahahahahhahahahahaha Wow... you people. How about I simply made a note on how Maclin was performing and while on the topic of Maclin, I expressed my opinion of him. Any time I mention Kolb or Maclin people FTFO, chill people.

DeSean isn't a complete receiver, its as simple as that. DeSean Jackson won’t beat you by running excellent routes over the middle, he won’t make the tough catch in traffic and he won’t make the circus catch. With DeSean Jackson it is very possible that you can phase him out of a game but the second that somebody in your secondary takes a misstep in coverage or somebody on the kick coverage unit takes a bad angle Jackson will make you pay. That kind of athleticism and pension for the big play is something that cannot be overlooked. DeSean is fantastic at what he does, best in the NFL right now at making plays from the WR spot, but I just don't see him ever becoming an elite receiver.

KC Joyner said that "As would be expected, Jackson did his best when facing safeties, linebackers or no coverage (i.e. when he found a dead spot in a zone defense) -- he caught 38 passes (out of 62 thrown his way) for 675 yards (10.9 yards per) and five touchdowns. The 10-yard YPA mark is the generally accepted bar for excellence at the wide receiver position, so posting a 10.9 YPA total in any category has to be considered superb. Jackson does dominate whenever he faces overmatched competition. Against cornerbacks, Jackson caught 26 balls (out of 57 thrown his way) for 494 yards (8.9 per) and four touchdowns. That's good, on face value."

But that doesn't make DeSean any less of a playmaker, he punishes defenses for making mistakes, in fact, maybe Jackson should be commended for making the plays when the opportunity arose because not all players do.

And lets compare DeSean and Jeremy, shall we? Did we ever see DeSean go up and outjump/outmaneauver a defensive back? No. But Jeremy Maclin did, against Cory Webster, one of the better corners in the NFL, he did it twice against the Buccaneers and he did it against Carlos Rogers of the Redskins and those are just examples I can recall of the top of my head. Has DeSean ever made clutch catches in the 4th quarter? I've seen him make one play in the 4th quarter, it was the big play in the NFC Championship game. But, last season his stats from the 4th quarter were: 14 Catches/183 Yards. 8 First Downs. 0 Touchdowns. Meanwhile Maclin made clutch catches late in the game against Washington and Denver. In the 4th quarter here are their averages (Maclin only played in 10 4th quarters) Maclin averaged 1.3 receptions, 16.8 yards and .1 touchdowns compared to DeSean who averaged .93 receptions, 12.2 yards and 0 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Also, Jeremy Maclin goes over the middle, DeSean Jackson does not, DeSean Jackson had 9 catches and 89 yards over the middle last season, Jeremy Maclin nearly topped that in the Atlanta game alone on one play where he took a crossing route 56 yards. Not to mention Jeremy Maclin is markedly more physical, have you ever seen DeSean Jackson get in a fight with Ken Hamlin? Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson shove Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters? Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson go up and steal a TD pass from a big CB like Webster? Have you ever seen DeSean lower his shoulder and run full speed into a linebacker? I haven't.

Jeremy Maclin is going to be the man really soon in Philadelphia, he is more well rounded and more reliable of a target. DeSean is an elite playmaker, I just think that Jeremy is going to be even better than DeSean, which is scary considering how good DeSean is.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also am I the only one who thinks that this front 7 is the best the Eagles have had since 2004?

In 2004 the Eagles were lining up:
LE:Jevon Kearse
DT: Corey Simon
DT: Darwin Walker
RE:Derrick Burgess,
Reserve: Old Hugh Douglas
SLB: Mark Simoneau
MLB: Jeremiah Trotter
WLB: Dhani Jones

This season the Eagles are lining up with:
LE: Brandon Graham
DT: Mike Patterson
DT: Brodrick Bunkley
RE: Trent Cole
Reserve: Darryl Tapp
SLB: Moises Fokou
MLB: Stewart Bradley
WLB: Ernie Sims
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DeSean isn't a complete receiver, its as simple as that. DeSean Jackson won’t beat you by running excellent routes over the middle, he won’t make the tough catch in traffic and he won’t make the circus catch.

And lets compare DeSean and Jeremy, shall we? Did we ever see DeSean go up and outjump/outmaneauver a defensive back? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mjLebZ294

You clearly have an extremely short memory. Desean is excellent at not giving away that the ball is going to him until its nearly there. He made ridiculous catches, many over unsuspecting defenders shoulders regularly.
i.e.: 1:35.

Quote:
But Jeremy Maclin did, against Cory Webster, one of the better corners in the NFL, he did it twice against the Buccaneers and he did it against Carlos Rogers of the Redskins and those are just examples I can recall of the top of my head. Has DeSean ever made clutch catches in the 4th quarter? I've seen him make one play in the 4th quarter, it was the big play in the NFC Championship game.
Wouldn't you say that's a pretty good time to be clutch? Following your bizarre logic how you can apparently extrapolate how inept a player is based on another's accomplishments, how many times has Maclin made the big play in the 4th quarter of an NFC championship? Never, I guess he's just not clutch...

Here's a scenario, you're in a tight game with the Eagles, what WR do you double? It's Jackson each and every time. He's by far the most dangerous and has proven he can score from nearly anywhere. I'd like to see Maclin have so many "clutch 4th quarter catches" if he were seeing doubles the way DJax was.

Quote:
Not to mention Jeremy Maclin is markedly more physical, have you ever seen DeSean Jackson get in a fight with Ken Hamlin?
If your argument is who would make the better UFC fighter, then I guess you've got me here. I apologize, Maclin is clearly superior at getting into fights with Ken Hamlin.

Draft scouts have sent offers to Ken Hamlin to get him to show up to the 2011 Scouting Combine to battle the receivers so he can "weed out the busts," since that is an indicator of greatness.

I'd rather not have a WR who regularly get into fights with DB's because that often ends up in stupid penalties.

Quote:
Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson shove Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters?
I guess I must have missed the multiple times that that happened. Do you see the recurring problem with this thinking?

Anyway, Have you ever seen Maclin tackle someone while he returns a punt? OMG so fisical! I don't think Maclin's ever done that!

- 2:46

Quote:
Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson go up and steal a TD pass from a big CB like Webster?
How about this one of him jumping over tye hill a CB with a 39 inch vertical jump? 1:35 yet again

Quote:
Have you ever seen DeSean lower his shoulder and run full speed into a linebacker? I haven't.
You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHULs...eature=related 23 seconds in he takes a shot from Antonio Pierce, who could likely eat him, to get the TD.

Quote:
Jeremy Maclin is going to be the man really soon in Philadelphia, he is more well rounded and more reliable of a target. DeSean is an elite playmaker, I just think that Jeremy is going to be even better than DeSean, which is scary considering how good DeSean is.
So what if he is more well rounded? Reggie Brown was "well rounded" but he wasn't special in any one aspect. Obviously I'm exaggerating here because Reggie Brown is a total scrub, but being well rounded doesn't automatically mean he is superior. DJax so greatly excels at his strengths that he more than makes up for it.

So your argument is based on finding instances that are biased towards Maclin's skill set over Desean's and pointing out that Desean didn't do that (Half of them are wrong but whatever). That's 3rd grade logic at best, actually on second thought, I take that back because I don't want to insult 3rd graders.

I'm not even going to bring up how regularly Desean schooled entire secondaries that knew he was coming and how Maclin didn't because that fits in with the ridiculous circuitous logic you've started here.

Oh well, I know this won't convince you, but at least Desean can sleep easy knowing that he has a big play coming his way after he retires.

Quote:
pension for the big play
Think you were looking for the word penchant there...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though I think that Maclin will at some point be better than DeSean, I don't see it this year, I see that potential coming around the 2011 or 2012 seasons. Its not a jab at DeSean, it is simply just how highly I think of Maclin. But Thumper, lets not confuse stuff here, of course you can look back and find Maclin laying big hits on a LB, you can find it in any WR (same goes with any of the things you mentioned about Maclin being very physical). The facts are that Maclin isn't really a physical type receiver, he has some physical elements to his game, but it isn't often, at all. I love Maclin and his potential too, but you have to bring up his alligator arms in the Dallas game (in the fourth quarter I believe) when talking about clutch. That was not clutch in any way. It would have been difficult to complete the reception with traffic and his positioning along the sideline, but you don't even have a chance if you aren't willing to catch the ball.

Maclin is still a player whose game focuses more on speed and quickness than strength and power. Maclin can make the inside catches, but so can DeSean, he just isn't asked to do it because the coaches would like to keep DeSean in one piece. Maclin's frame can handle those types of hits better than DeSean's. I'm sure as Maclin developes he will become even more well rounded, as he isn't a weak (physically) player, but he doesn't have the strength or physicality it seems you think he has, at least not at this point. DeSean showed some additional developement in his strength and ability to beat the jam between his rookie season and last year, so I am anxious to see what Maclin has done this offseason in order to build his strength and power, as well as using his hands to beat the jam. For now, DeSean is better, and I think DeSean will remain better at least until the end of this season (and who knows, maybe their whole careers), but with Maclin's skill set and his work ethic, as well as his understanding of the game, I think at some point he will develop into that all around, better WR. Both WRS will benefit from eachother, Maclin will be more open than he should because of DeSEan on some plays, and the same goes the other way, especially once Maclin establishes himself.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly guys, Maclin isn't as fast as you think. DJax is a legit 4.3 speed guy. Maclin ran a solid 4.45 (i think, can someone verify or disprove that?) at the combine, and when you see him play, he plays like a 4.45 guy.

He's stronger than Jax of course, but he's not nearly as explosive.

Manningham is actually faster than him, and while he isn't as physical, he's close enough. Maclin is a slightly stronger, but also slightly slower version of Mario.

While I think Maclin will be a very good WR, I don't think he's going to be as good as Jackson, and I think Jackson will continually take on the #1 CB of the opposition week in and out.

Not a complete knock on Maclin, but I personally don't think he'll be as good as many perceive him to be. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll be better than Jackson.

Quite frankly, you don't need him to be anyway. He's still going to give #2 CBs fits.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Also am I the only one who thinks that this front 7 is the best the Eagles have had since 2004?

In 2004 the Eagles were lining up:
LE:Jevon Kearse
DT: Corey Simon
DT: Darwin Walker
RE:Derrick Burgess,
Reserve: Old Hugh Douglas
SLB: Mark Simoneau
MLB: Jeremiah Trotter
WLB: Dhani Jones

This season the Eagles are lining up with:
LE: Brandon Graham
DT: Mike Patterson
DT: Brodrick Bunkley
RE: Trent Cole
Reserve: Darryl Tapp
SLB: Moises Fokou
MLB: Stewart Bradley
WLB: Ernie Sims
I can honestly say that the Eagles are better now at every position except MLB where its a toss up at this point because 04 Trotter was a beast making the probowl while starting only 9 games.

But lets compare the 04 secondary to the 10 secondary just for fun.

CB: Lito Sheppard
SS:Michael Lewis
FS: Brian Dawkins
CB: Sheldon Brown
NB: Rod Hood

CB: Asante Samuel
SS: Nate Allen/Macho Harris
FS: Quintin Mikell
CB: Ellis Hobbs
NB: Joselio Hanson

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have FS/SS mixed up but very good point, the 04 secondary blows away the current secondary.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't matter who we have when McDermott has no ******* idea how to use players.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
have you ever seen DeSean Jackson get in a fight with Ken Hamlin?
No, thanks. I prefer wideouts who don't get in fights and get penalties. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson shove Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters?
I'd rather we don't take the chance of hurting our left tackle. Thanks for asking, though.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
I can honestly say that the Eagles are better now at every position except MLB where its a toss up at this point because 04 Trotter was a beast making the probowl while starting only 9 games.

But lets compare the 04 secondary to the 10 secondary just for fun.

CB: Lito Sheppard
SS:Michael Lewis
FS: Brian Dawkins
CB: Sheldon Brown
NB: Rod Hood

CB: Asante Samuel
SS: Nate Allen/Macho Harris
FS: Quintin Mikell
CB: Ellis Hobbs
NB: Joselio Hanson
As far as the front 7, I think every position is better, Trotter made the pro bowl partly by name recognition at that point, though he did play in 9 of the best games of his career at that point. I don't see Fokou starting at SLB, it'll either be Chaney, Hall, or an outside chance to Sapp. I'd say Fokou has just about the same chances as Hall to start, for the record. As for the secondary, the only upgrade is Asante and Mikell, and after that, there are downgrades. I like Allen and think he will be great, but he'll have his rookie mistakes, and though I see Hanson beating Hobbs for the starters spot, and Harris at Nickel, both are downgrades at the position.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Not sure if anyone heard yet, but Charles Scott signed a four year deal, the first of the Eagles draftees to sign a contract.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports linebacker Stewart Bradley limped off the practice field at the NovaCare Complex today, favoring his left leg. The Eagles said he tweaked his calf. Bradley declined to be interviewed.

The injury does not appear to be serious.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports linebacker Stewart Bradley limped off the practice field at the NovaCare Complex today, favoring his left leg. The Eagles said he tweaked his calf. Bradley declined to be interviewed.

The injury does not appear to be serious.
Whew... Crisis averted, haha. He is one of the Eagles players that NEEDS to stay healthy.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was pretty scared when I heard that as well. Im glad it was nothing serious and hope we dont have any more injuries.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Herremans is seeing a foot specialist today to make sure everything is fine with his foot. God I hope it is.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Herremans is seeing a foot specialist today to make sure everything is fine with his foot. God I hope it is.
If he misses time along with Jamaal Jackson the offensive line will be in serious trouble.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
If he misses time along with Jamaal Jackson the offensive line will be in serious trouble.
I would most likely be Peters - Cole - McGlynn - Andrews - Justice. So ya were screwed if he misses time.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would most likely be Peters - Cole - McGlynn - Andrews - Justice. So ya were screwed if he misses time.
Thats an understatement, and Thumper, that is the ugliest/strangest sig I've ever seen.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That isn't such a huge fail because I think Stacy Andrews bounces back this season, the only issue would be chemistry.

Also I'm hearing great things about Trevard Lindley, I'm still a doubter but if he is progressing as quickly as reports say he is, look out for him to start at RCB because he is already playing second string CB and he is apparantly locking down the receivers on the practice field. Plus I'm not sure if you guys realize this, but Lindley is the most physically gifted CB on the roster, his combination of size/speed is better than any other CB on the roster which is actually really bad considering that Lindley is 5'11 and runs a 4.5 40.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

We can potentially have 3-4 rookie starters on the defense this year. Crazy.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
We can potentially have 3-4 rookie starters on the defense this year. Crazy.
I bet we're gonna see 2, maybe 3. Obviously the two most likely being Graham and Allen, with the 3rd possibility being Lindley. I don't buy Chaney starting. From what I've read it seems he's taking most of his snaps at WILL and MIKE instead of SAM where he would have the best shot to start.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I bet we're gonna see 2, maybe 3. Obviously the two most likely being Graham and Allen, with the 3rd possibility being Lindley. I don't buy Chaney starting. From what I've read it seems he's taking most of his snaps at WILL and MIKE instead of SAM where he would have the best shot to start.
I agree in that it seems like a long shot but Moise Fokou was even more of a long shot last year, and he was more of a WILL as well. Also it's not just Chaney but Clayton and Sapp have both seen time at SAM as well. Of course it seems unlikely but it's not out of the realm of possibility by any means.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only rookie starting from day 1 is going to be Nate Allen.

There is no reason to rush to get Brandon Graham on the field. We have decent depth right now at DE, so he will have to work his way into the lineup.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote