Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What you guys think about Jackson getting hit. Other than leading with his helmet i thought it was clean I don't know why he got flagged. The face mask hitting on the helmet is what looks to have caused the concussion.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt like it was a clean hit with an unfortunate result. He missed the chest by a few inches. The head hit the chest first, and then up into the helmet. Was a vicious blow, but it's part of the game. The throw is a little bit on Kolb for hanging him out to dry. I don't have any big problem with Robinson's play.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I am curious about is how we are reacting to Kevin Kolb's play over the last 2 games. He has been taking shots, being accurate, and hitting guys in stride. I think he still struggles under pressure and making reads, but he's coming along nicely.

Given the level of his play and Vick's play, what are the Eagles going to do this offseason? Trade Kolb and run with Vick? Let Vick leave via FA and run with Kolb?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-19-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, Kolb is playing better than I thought. I still see things that I think will eventually get exploited, but at the very least he's become excellent trade bait.

This is a tough call. Do you trade Vick (who is over 30 afterall) and go with the younger guy and hope he continues to develop? Or do you ride with Vick long term, who imo, is the better player.

Regardless, it seems like whoever is traded this offseason will land the Eagles a 1st round draft pick. Unless Kolb wets the bed against the Titans.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
One thing I am curious about is how we are reacting to Kevin Kolb's play over the last 2 games. He has been taking shots, being accurate, and hitting guys in stride. I think he still struggles under pressure and making reads, but he's coming along nicely.

Given the level of his play and Vick's play, what are the Eagles going to do this offseason? Trade Kolb and run with Vick? Let Vick leave via FA and run with Kolb?
If Kolb plays well this next week, I fear Reid will just be like "well, we showcased Vick enough to rape some team in a trade for him" and will go with Kolb for the rest of the season.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The problem with the Vick situation is that the Eagles don't control his rights. Kolb is under contract for 2011. The Eagles essentially have to franchise Vick, then trade him or do the equivalent of a sign and trade. Either way, they have to make a move at some point. Both guys are looking pretty good right now. It's almost difficult to justify Kolb hitting the bench after the bye week.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem with the Vick situation is that the Eagles don't control his rights. Kolb is under contract for 2011. The Eagles essentially have to franchise Vick, then trade him or do the equivalent of a sign and trade. Either way, they have to make a move at some point. Both guys are looking pretty good right now. It's almost difficult to justify Kolb hitting the bench after the bye week.
I'm almost positive that if they decide they will move forward with Kolb, they will absolutely franchise Vick and then trade him to the highest bidder.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

This past week's game against the Falcons surprised the hell out of me. Reid, Marty, and McDermott completely outcoached Mike Smith and his staff. The Falcons got pretty much worked at every phase of the game. Imagine what would have happened if Akers could make a kick or if DeSean hadn't gotten injured?

I know Reid is capable of getting that kind of gameplan in place, but to be able to execute it perfectly in the first half, then make the right adjustments in the second half? Surprising to me. I thought the Eagles were a 9-7 team at best that couldn't beat good teams. This means that the Eagles are better than I thought or that the Falcons are just not that good. Could be a combination of the 2.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the Kevin Kolb I expected when the eagles anointed him the starter. I've had faith in him all along, but his play against Green Bay/Washington had/has me a bit wary, I'm still not sure what we have in him. That being said I really can't see the eagles picking Vick over Kolb long term for several reasons.

1. The most obvious reason - Kolb is 4 years younger than Vick.
2. Kolb is Andy's guy, he drafted him and groomed him since he was a rookie.
3. Kolb currently has the longer deal.

One interesting thing to note is, both QBs are 2-1 as starters and both losses came when the starter went down early on and they had to completely change game plans.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm almost positive that if they decide they will move forward with Kolb, they will absolutely franchise Vick and then trade him to the highest bidder.
Okay, who is going to need a QB?

Washington hasn't locked McNabb up yet, so they're conceivably in play.
Arizona might or might not want to roll with Max Hall.
Minnesota is in play, but might want McNabb.
Cleveland is a possibility with a new coach coming in.
Buffalo is likely to go QB in the first round.
Cincinatti is in a pretty ugly situation.
Seattle might want to move away from Hasselbeck due to age.
Oakland is always a possibility.
KC invested a lot in Cassel, but he does not look like a Super Bowl QB on a team that will be a threat next year.
Jacksonville, though I see them going QB in Round 1 under their new coaching regime.
Carolina invested in Jimmy Clausen, but new coach coming in.

That is a pretty long list. Do you really think Vick will fetch an early first round pick? I would see it more likely that the Eagles get a second rounder and a future second in this case. Still a nice haul for a free investment.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

KC invested a lot in Cassel, but he does not look like a Super Bowl QB on a team that will be a threat next year.
Jacksonville, though I see them going QB in Round 1 under their new coaching regime.

That is a pretty long list. Do you really think Vick will fetch an early first round pick? I would see it more likely that the Eagles get a second rounder and a future second in this case. Still a nice haul for a free investment.
I think Vick lands a mid 1st, or potentially a 2nd this year and a 1st the following year, something along those lines.

I think Seattle, Arizona, Minny, Cleveland, and Cinncy are legit guys in play. I think Buffalo drafts someone, I see Jacksonville drafting someone, Washington will not let McNabb go, Oakland doesn't have the chips in play to make a trade, and KC probably won't make a trade bc Cassel is Pioli's guy.

As odd as it sounds, I think Kolb would probably sell for more bc he's younger and has no baggage.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day and came to the conclusion that I'll be very surprised if Minnesota doesn't go after Vick in the offseason. There's no way in hell Favre comes back next year and the vikings don't have a QB of the future (Tarvaris Jackson doesn't count). They wouldn't have to adapt him to a new offense too much and they have shown that they don't mind going with veterans at the position. He would also make Adrian Peterson that much better by providing that perimeter threat. I could go on and on.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Vick lands a mid 1st, or potentially a 2nd this year and a 1st the following year, something along those lines.

I think Seattle, Arizona, Minny, Cleveland, and Cinncy are legit guys in play. I think Buffalo drafts someone, I see Jacksonville drafting someone, Washington will not let McNabb go, Oakland doesn't have the chips in play to make a trade, and KC probably won't make a trade bc Cassel is Pioli's guy.

As odd as it sounds, I think Kolb would probably sell for more bc he's younger and has no baggage.
I agree that Kolb would sell for more. No question. Given the youth and perceived upside, he could definitely get a first this year. I just can't see Cleveland investing a potential top 5 pick this year to get either QB. I think they really want to have a high pick to accumulate more talent. I could see a second and fourth rounder this year and next year's second rounder getting it done for Vick, but I'd guess Cleveland would be looking for Kolb in a deal, given the Heckert connection and Holmgren's possible preference to bring in a WCO coach.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumper View Post
Kevin Kolb is the best QB in the NFC East.
why again? Cause he had 1 good game so far.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please come out!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys, and good luck the rest of the season!

Hopefully we'll take down Washington for ya'll just like we did the Giants and Cowboys, and I'm looking forward to watching Vick tearing **** up when he gets healthy!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellis Hobbs has got to go. He has no business starting in the NFL, and watching him today affirms everything negative people say about him.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
This is the Kevin Kolb I expected when the eagles anointed him the starter.
This is the Kevin Kolb that I expected. Not pretty.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Yeah. Though the O-Line played like garbage, it's hard to defend Kolb after that.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Yeah. Though the O-Line played like garbage, it's hard to defend Kolb after that.
Yeah. The OL's not to blame for the fact that Kolb just doesn't have a strong arm. He underthrew way too many deep balls.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized if Cooper doesn't come back and make a great play on that throw that we're probably sitting here talking about how we lost 37-12 to the Kenny Britt show.

A few thoughts:
-Hobbs and Kolb both showed us why they are two of the most beloved Eagles amongst fans.
-O-line was great yet again/sarcasm. It's too bad this draft doesn't have the top end talent of recent years because we could really use it.
-Maclin and McCoy looked good for the most part and showed us yet again why they will be key parts of our offense for years to come, we just need to surround them with a competent o-line and qb.
-Allen has impressed me so far. Struggled at times today in coverage, but a lot of it was Hobbs leaving him out to dry. Has looked good other than that though.
-We need D-Jax to hurry back. As much as I love Avant, he's not a #2 and with Maclin drawing double teams all day it makes it tough to get anything going.
-Akers had a nice bounce back game and was one of the few positives which is kind of sad actually.
-Our defense is too vanilla for my tastes, and while I realize McDermott is not JJ, I'd still like to see some more blitzes and exotic packages.
-Also nice to see Mornhinwheg revert back to his old ways after calling a great game last week.
-This bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 10-24-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

hahah 48 passes for Kolb. Nice.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to hear any ******** about our safety's playing at all decent today. They flat out sucked. Ellis Hobbs didn't play a good game, but the safeties were far worse. They took bad angles, looked slow and not instinctive while playing their zones, and were caught flat footed multiple times.

The safeties were playing two deep zones, allowing the CB's to be playing underneath. Problem lies in the fact that Hobbs was playing too far off his man and the safeties weren't providing the necessary coverage over the top.

Mike Patterson literally has no impact in the pass game. I'm a firm believer in that a good defensive line is built from the inside out, starting with your defensive tackles. It just creates more one on one opportunities for the ends. Nick Fairley, please be an Eagle.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
MikeVickTheSickest
Rookie

MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MikeVickTheSickest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after i return and guide us to a super bowl win im going to kick korn on the kolb right in the nuts
MikeVickTheSickest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVickTheSickest View Post
after i return and guide us to a super bowl win im going to kick korn on the kolb right in the nuts
I just assumed you'd electrocute or drown him. Isn't that more your style?