Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy with the performance yesterday, particularly with Patterson, Cole, and Graham. Vick and DeSean had good games, but we expected that at this point from them (as with Cole). Its just a relief to have Hobbs out of there, and inactive, which actually surprised me a little bit, but hey it worked. We should also give Kurt Coleman some credit, he came into the game and replaced Allen without any real change in the results of our defense. I said it in TC but we may be seeing the replacement to Mikell when the team decides to move on from Mikell in a few years, I really like him. Hopefully Allen is ok, and I'm glad to hear that Collie "just" had a concussion.

My only problem with this game was a huge one, and it was the officiating. I've said it before, but this game took it to a whole new level when I say that this was the worst officiated game I ever saw. They were missing calls and calling non-fouls on both teams all game, and it just seemed to get worse. Not only that, but the minute-long deliberations after some of the penalty calls made the game entirely too frustrating. Hopefully someone from the NFL offices took note of this game and gets that crew taken care of, whether it be splitting them up or getting rid of them completely. It was a 100% thoroughly shameful showing on their part.

Coleman also better not be fined for that hit, and I agree 100% with what Cowher said at halftime.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question. Why is Mike Vick allowed to wear the tinted visor? He's the only QB I've ever seen wear it, and it seems like it'd be a huge advantage. No DB is able to read his eyes. Does he use the BS "I have eye issues herpderp" that LT used?

He wear it with the Falcons too?

I feel like this is gonna be an incredibly dumb question.

TAKE OFF THE VISOR, VICK! YOU'RE NOT AS COOL AS DAWKINS!!!

Thanks for beating the Colts, though. And you have my permission to wear it against the rest of the AFC South too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't know, I noticed it, just never really put any thought into it (I think, lol). It would be a pretty big advantage, and if there woudl be a league issue, I'm sure that's the excuse he would/has used.

Unfortunately, he only has the opportunity to wear it against the Texans this year, and with that secondary, it doesn't matter if he had a tinted visor or not, lol.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt Berrian wore that rainbow visor.

Why can't Vick wear the visor again, and only at the Houston game?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he wore it against the Colts in this past game.

I know he's worn the clear visor, which is probably ok since the eyes are easier to see. This was just the first time I've seen it tinted.

LT had an unquestionable advantage, in my opinion, by wearing the tinted visor. He would've still been good, but defenders still complained because they couldn't see which way his eyes were looking, which would give away which direction he was about to go or which defender he's trying to avoid. Now you give that to a guy who's an elite runner and passer. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiit, boy. Vick about to tear it up.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I mean as far as AFC south teams, the Texans are the only ones left for the Eagles to play, sorry for the confusion, lol.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...lts-at-eagles/

Quote:
With a QB rating of 29 when targeted, Samuel ranks first in the league of all CBs who have played at least 50 percent of snaps. …
I'll have the crow with a side of mashed potatoes, please.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...lts-at-eagles/

I'll have the crow with a side of mashed potatoes, please.
Yea me too, he really has been playing lights out so far this year. He still gives up some plays, but less have gone for big yardage and TDs. I wonder how many TDs he's given up so far, it can't be too many.

However... Since when does the Sniper I know use QB rating to back up an argument?!?! haha.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Yea me too, he really has been playing lights out so far this year. He still gives up some plays, but less have gone for big yardage and TDs. I wonder how many TDs he's given up so far, it can't be too many.

However... Since when does the Sniper I know use QB rating to back up an argument?!?! haha.
Since 29 (!) is a ridiculous number. I usually hate passer rating, but a 29 passer rating against a CB is incredible.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Since 29 (!) is a ridiculous number. I usually hate passer rating, but a 29 passer rating against a CB is incredible.
Haha it really is. I was just giving you crap man... This is one of those instances where it shows that stats do have their place in football conversations.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Philadelphia Eagles would like to retain resurgent quarterback Michael Vick for "next season and beyond," but have not engaged in contract talks, according to the The Philadelphia Inquirer, citing sources close to the situation.

Team officials plan to meet during the next few weeks to discuss Vick's future and a potential contract extension. Vick is in the second season of a two-year deal he signed with the Eagles before the 2009 campaign, after serving 18 months in prison for his role in a dogfighting ring.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I like it, he's proven me wrong so far. It'll be interesting to see how that goes, and what type of deal it'd be for, not to mention what'd happen with Kolb. I imagine if Vick is extended, Kolb should get traded, with value similar to what Schaub's trade.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb will have to be traded, and luckily for the Eagles, there are plenty of teams that might want to take a long look... Cleveland is probably playing the Colt McCoy card, so they're out, but these teams have to be considering Kolb:

Seattle
Arizona
Washington (Doubtful Reid does it twice, but you never know)
Miami (Pennington or Henne? Ehhhhh)
Minnesota
San Francisco
Buffalo

Dark horses:

Cincinnati (Palmer = cooked)
Jacksonville (Though Garrard has played acceptably)

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It'd depend on the length of the extension, I think if its a 1 or 2 year contract (I highly doubt it), it almost wouldn't be worth it for Vick or the Eagles, but then we might see Kolb stick around. Personally though, I think we are looking at at least 3 years, most likely 4 or 5, for an attempted extension with Vick, if the team can't get 4 or 5 they might just roll with Kolb and try to trade Vick.

The most likely scenario, I see is Vick gets extended for 4 years (don't know where to begin on the price), and Kolb will get traded for a value similar to Schaub and McNabb. The most likely teams, IMO, are Vikings, San Fran, Jacksonville (if Garrard walks), and Arizona.

I doubt the Eagles trade Kolb to the Skins (would've said the same thing with McNabb if I thought it was a possibility though), and I doubt if Seattle would be willing to spend the picks to get Kolb after what they spent with Whitehurst last year.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vick deal now has a starting point: McNabb's 5 year, $78mm deal with $40mm guaranteed. It is possible that the Eagles can get down on the guaranteed money because of Vick's injuries this year, but we're looking at a 5-7 year deal with at least $35mm guaranteed. I'm also sure there will be more bonuses based on playing time and some very very substantial penalties and clawbacks based on behavior. Pretty much, if he messes up and gets booted from the league, his contract is null and he owes them a lot of money.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Vick deal now has a starting point: McNabb's 5 year, $78mm deal with $40mm guaranteed. It is possible that the Eagles can get down on the guaranteed money because of Vick's injuries this year, but we're looking at a 5-7 year deal with at least $35mm guaranteed. I'm also sure there will be more bonuses based on playing time and some very very substantial penalties and clawbacks based on behavior. Pretty much, if he messes up and gets booted from the league, his contract is null and he owes them a lot of money.
I still think they will stay lower on the years, for 4 or 5, or a classic "two-halves" type of 6 or 7 year contract. It is a starting point, hopefully they can get something done.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, talk about a team firing on all cylinders.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just came in because I know thumper will be reading this at home... MIKE ******* VICK baby! That is all, sorry for intruding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah!!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank you for the points in fantasy mike vick

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This was one of those performances, much like Favre against Oakland after his father passed, or Elway's helicopter first down, or McNabbs scramble against the Cowboys to FredEx, or 4th and 26, that I will never forget, and always remember where I was when I watched it happen. The whole offense was next to unstoppable. Lost in all of this is (without checking stats) about 250 yards of rushing offense. Just a total and complete domination for the offense last night. I can't say I've ever seen anything like it. I'm not going to go crazy like Steve Young and Trent Dilfer did afterwards, but that was incredible. We all witnessed something special last night, and if Vick can continue with anything near what he has put up this season, the Eagles should and will be considered at the top for Superbowl possibilities. (I hate saying that so early... crosses fingers)

I knew the Eagles were going to try to go big with DeSean on the first play. He had been blowing up his Twitter all day, and his shrugging off Laron Landry before the game (which started the "scuffle") seemed more like a mental ploy when I saw it happening. Then to top all that off, he walks into the endzone backwards staring right at him as he's getting off the turf. And the icing on the cake is eachother staring eachother down from sideline to sideline. I was surprised we didn't see Laron land a knockout blow on him during the rest of the game, and I have a feeling it isn't over between those too...

The defense had there highlights in the first quarter, and lowlights in the second half, but I think part of that is due to the fact that in a game like that, the sheer will to stop the opposing offense leaves you, which is a little concerning, but when you look at the force they were emphasizing themselves with when the game started, I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully Dmitri Patterson has done enough to keep his job. He held Wayne to a respectable yardage las week (face it, he's going to get his catches no matter who he's against) and followed it with a very impressive showing this week. Not only did he have the INTs, but he had solid coverage, and played well against the run, especially early in the game. Hopefully Hobbs is completely demoted now...

Old 11-16-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd's rep comment to me last night
VICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVIVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICK VICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVI CKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICK VICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVI CKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICK
Great post. I agree.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I still think they will stay lower on the years, for 4 or 5, or a classic "two-halves" type of 6 or 7 year contract. It is a starting point, hopefully they can get something done.
If Vick is playing close to the Indy/Skins level, that is now the starting point. However, the Eagles are correct to be patient. There's no need to jump the gun with the lockout and new CBA still to come. End of the day, Vick will be an Eagle for at least the next 3 years, barring injury or arrest.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This deserves a spot in this thread:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Quote:
Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson told Philly Sports Daily that Landry brought up Jackson's recent concussion as the teams were leaving the field after warm-ups, saying, "I'm going to put you asleep again."
Old 11-16-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This offense is a couple o-linemen away from being elite.