Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win. I think the Eagles really did handle some adversity. Just need to break the habit of falling asleep and cruising threw the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Nate Allen has a ruptured patellar tendon. Our defense is already extremely thin; this would be a devastating time for the injury bug to come around.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna be honest, this was the first time I ever shed some tears of joy after a football game. I just got a taste of what a Superbowl victory would be like, and I'm hungry for more, haha.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanna say I am rooting for you guys to win the SB. It woulda been so easy to hate and laugh if Kolb was starting and sucking but with Vick the team just seems unreal and these are the type of signature wins that make a team go on to win a SB.

There is literally no way to defend speed, and you guys are like the Greatest Show on Grass right now. You don't know how bad I want to see Vick go into ATL in the NFC championship game and put on a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just wanna say I am rooting for you guys to win the SB. It woulda been so easy to hate and laugh if Kolb was starting and sucking but with Vick the team just seems unreal and these are the type of signature wins that make a team go on to win a SB.

There is literally no way to defend speed, and you guys are like the Greatest Show on Grass right now. You don't know how bad I want to see Vick go into ATL in the NFC championship game and put on a show.
I can always appreciate the support, but if the Eagles defense doesn't stiffen up and make more stops, they aren't going to make it to Atlanta or the Super Bowl. The Eagles need to tighten up that defense and get off the field more. The offense needs to run the ball more to protect Vick, set up the PA pass, and to keep the D off the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves with the Eagles. They keep going to the playaction when they never run the ball. You're just wasting time at that point because no one expects the Eagles to run the ball.

It's a damn shame, too, because Shady McCoy is having himself a great year. He hit the 1,000-yard mark yesterday and now sits at 1,036 rushing yards, good enough for 13th in the NFL. In that top-13, he's second in ypc to Jamaal Charles (6.4!) with 5.3, a notch better than Darren McFadden's 5.2 and leads the NFL in carries of 40 or more yards. I am eating some delicious crow when it comes to Shady, crow that I will certainly enjoy. 1,587 total yards and nine touchdowns.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have this feeling that the Eagles are going to come out in the playoffs and run the ball down people's throats for at least 1 game. They have shown that they can do it, too. I see all these drives where McCoy picks his way for 5-8 yard runs, and it sets up everything else, then the team scores on the pass and goes pass happy for the next 2 drives. As the weather gets colder and snowier, you need to run the ball. The Pats and Packers ran the ball a lot last night. The Eagles need to run the ball more and at the same rate of success to win in January.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-20-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not happy obviously but I got it out of my system quick. Throwing a few things immediately after helped.
I threw things too, but it was more out of crazy excitement than crazy anger...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That's one of my biggest pet peeves with the Eagles. They keep going to the playaction when they never run the ball. You're just wasting time at that point because no one expects the Eagles to run the ball.

It's a damn shame, too, because Shady McCoy is having himself a great year. He hit the 1,000-yard mark yesterday and now sits at 1,036 rushing yards, good enough for 13th in the NFL. In that top-13, he's second in ypc to Jamaal Charles (6.4!) with 5.3, a notch better than Darren McFadden's 5.2 and leads the NFL in carries of 40 or more yards. I am eating some delicious crow when it comes to Shady, crow that I will certainly enjoy. 1,587 total yards and nine touchdowns.

This is surprising to me. Hometown kid, carried Pitt on his back while he was there, and Brian Westbrook lite in every sense of the term. He was picture perfect fit for Andy Reid and you made the transition easy by finding him a year before Westbrook was gone.

I was always a big fan of Shady, alot of people(not you but I heard it alot of places) knocked him for his low combine numbers and questioned his deep speed or athleticism. I got alot of things wrong that draft but one thing I was sure of panning out was Shady being a beast in this offense.

At this pace he'll end up being better then Westbrook was for you guys, because it took 5 years if I remember to have a big time season like Shady is doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles have never run the ball as much as they have a lot of this season, but they go away from it in stretches. This offense is infinitely more dangerous when they're running because it punishes defenses for spying Vick or dropping 7-8 into coverage. I really wish the team would run more to take advantage of these things.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It sucks to see Nate Allen go down like that, he is a good-looking young player. I always hate it when a guy tears up his knee without even being touched by anyone. Hopefully the Eagles defense can overcome all of those injuries.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Likelihood with the patellar tendon tear was that he had partially torn it or worn it down playing over the past year or 2, and he had built up the muscles around the knee to help support the injury. He might have needed this surgery sooner rather than later. It always sucks, but doctors are getting savvy and effective in getting these procedures less invasive and more effective. He is expected back for training camp, which is a good thing. In the meantime, Coleman gets more reps and could prove himself to be a valuable commodity.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Likelihood with the patellar tendon tear was that he had partially torn it or worn it down playing over the past year or 2, and he had built up the muscles around the knee to help support the injury. He might have needed this surgery sooner rather than later. It always sucks, but doctors are getting savvy and effective in getting these procedures less invasive and more effective. He is expected back for training camp, which is a good thing. In the meantime, Coleman gets more reps and could prove himself to be a valuable commodity.
I thought both Coleman and Chaney played very well on Sunday. For Chaney, there was almost no difference in the run game (though it seems McDermott asked more out of Fokou than with Bradley in there, especially early) and though he misdiagnosed a few coverage responsibilities, he did a good enough job in coverage. I've been a big fan of Coleman since he came in, and his solid play Sunday has further solidified that thought. He made plays in both aspects of the game, while not giving up many plays, and not giving up any big ones.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I agree on Coleman, but I didn't study Chaney too much. I was really focused on the lack of pass rush, which was quite evident. Either way, I think Coleman is great Mikell insurance. Might even be a good candidate to take over at SS and team with Allen to be a monster tandem for years to come. We shall see what happens as we move towards the playoffs.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I agree on Coleman, but I didn't study Chaney too much. I was really focused on the lack of pass rush, which was quite evident. Either way, I think Coleman is great Mikell insurance. Might even be a good candidate to take over at SS and team with Allen to be a monster tandem for years to come. We shall see what happens as we move towards the playoffs.
The lack of pass rush is really concerning. We are going to need Cole to step up, and the blitzes to get a little more daring if we want to get pressure on the QB. Don't take too much away from the Giants' OL though , they did a great job at picking up the blitzes. And obviously I agree about Coleman's potential future, he has been showing he has potential, and is actually a step ahead of where Mikell was at this point in their careers.

Also, when I was writing how the Giants have done picking up the blitzes, it reminded me just how good of a job Shady has been doing picking up blitzes this season. He gets a lot of credit as a runer and receiver, but with his ability to diagnose his responsibility and keep our QBs clean so far this season, he has now truly become an every down back.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else read the article on the teams web site about Chaney being a great MLB? Intresting read...

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Did anyone else read the article on the teams web site about Chaney being a great MLB? Intresting read...
I heard about it, also heard Baldinger already called him an elite MLB. I've never been a fan of Baldinger, and though I like Chaney, and he did do a great job, Baldy is just way out of line. Chaney looked very good, but nowhere in the course of that game did I think Chaney was already an elite MLB. He's got the skillset to do it though, he just needs some playing time and more experience.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember back in april you had said you were thrilled when the Eagles drafted Chaney and now I see what you saw in him. Baldinger is over his head stating that he is already an elite MLB but like you mentioned his skills are very visible and only time will tell if he can became a solid player.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feels good to be division champs again, boys.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Yes it does! Hopefully we can secure the #2 seed somehow.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Yes it does! Hopefully we can secure the #2 seed somehow.
I hope so too, and I have a feeling Rodgers and the Pack will find a way to beat the Bears, so GO PACK GO.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Agreed with all of this. I'm really pulling for the Birds too. The offense is so much fun to watch and I love watching defenses as they try and adapt to it.

While a great win can propel a team to the SB, I remain concerned that the defense is not championship caliber. Vick seems to have the fortitued to carry a defense that is porous at times. I think the Birds are going to need some luck to pull this off, but I'll definitely be along for the ride.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Let's just worry about the birds taking care of business tonight and Sunday before worrying about the Bears. My priorities for the Eagles:

1. 2 more wins
2. Get guys healthy
3. No more injuries
4. Bears lose, snag the bye

Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Chaney keeps doing well do you leave him at MLB and move Stewart over to SLB?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

That was ******* rough to watch.

Hopefully we will get the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. I hear they have injuries.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
That was ******* rough to watch.

Hopefully we will get the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. I hear they have injuries.
Peters got absolutely smoked by Allen all night, I hope to god we dont play this way when Clay Matthews comes to town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote