Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well what i saw out of Vick tonight made me happy. played smart not great but didn't do anything really ugly. I am happy we got the win but will have to play a lot better later in the year if we are going to have a chance against this team.

Thank god tynes isn't that kid from Baltimore or we would be crying in our beer tonight. A win against a division opponent no matter how ugly is still a win and the giants came to play. We need to move forward and play smarter on the road. If vick can keep the turnovers down to none or one a game we should be in every game this year.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a good, hard-nosed, divisional win. Don't want to jinx it, but the Eagles are sitting pretty at 3-1, but our schedule doesn't get any easier from here on out. Staying healthy throughout the whole season is gonna be HUGE for us because we truly can't afford any injuries.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle cut for Moten in what appears to be a special teams motivated move. 2nd last in kickoff coverage behind only Detroit is unacceptable.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we about stole another one today right there at the end. It was bound to come back and get us eventually. We cant keep winning games the way we are doing. We need to put together a complete game from start to finish. If Vick doesnt fumble the rock going into the endzone, etc. Big Ben killed us making the first guy miss and we seemed to struggle tackling Mendenhall. The team has soooo much promise, but we just havent put it together yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should roll out these jerseys this week for good luck...

Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
We should roll out these jerseys this week for good luck...

Might not hurt, lol, just in case. Its a shame I was never given one of them (because I'd never buy one with my own money, lol) in that style, or I would.

The way I see it, Kevin Curtis had something like 190 yards and two TDs with those jerseys, maybe if we do it again Maclin or DeSean could do the same.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Might not hurt, lol, just in case. Its a shame I was never given one of them (because I'd never buy one with my own money, lol) in that style, or I would.

The way I see it, Kevin Curtis had something like 190 yards and two TDs with those jerseys, maybe if we do it again Maclin or DeSean could do the same.
Lions only giving up 213 YPG through the air(against some very average QBs) and they finally get Louis Delmas back which limits big plays(at least it did the first 10 weeks last year before his injury). I hope they don't give up big yards like the last 2 games against Philly for Detroit.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Bold prediction: Calvin Johnson scores his first TD of the season on Sunday.

Going out on a limb, I know.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Lions only giving up 213 YPG through the air(against some very average QBs) and they finally get Louis Delmas back which limits big plays(at least it did the first 10 weeks last year before his injury). I hope they don't give up big yards like the last 2 games against Philly for Detroit.
I'm not foolish enough to make any predictions this season on a game to game basis for this Eagles team, especially anything like that. Its possible, absolutely, and though I like Delmas, its moreso for his physicality than his ranginess, so big plays (though less likely with him starting) are still possible. I didn't know he was coming back from injury, TBH, but he'll be tested early to see if he is 100%. This game could be like the rest of the season has been so far (really close) or could be a blowout for either team. I look forward to what I'm sure will be a nail biting game that will shorten my lifespan, either way.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bold prediction: Calvin Johnson scores his first TD of the season on Sunday.

Going out on a limb, I know.
I would bet on that, honestly. Its only a matter of time before he does it. I just hope its not for something like Fitz did against us.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Delmas return doesnt worry me at all. Its the thought of our interior line going against Suh. Their corners are ******* horrible, Stafford has looked mediocre this year, their line struggles and its a great game for us to get back on track as far as generating some pressure. They have zero threats on the other side of Calvin outside of Pettigrew, but with the way we have been playing games they may very well play with us. It shouldnt be that way...but it prolly will.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The Delmas return doesnt worry me at all. Its the thought of our interior line going against Suh. Their corners are ******* horrible, Stafford has looked mediocre this year, their line struggles and its a great game for us to get back on track as far as generating some pressure. They have zero threats on the other side of Calvin outside of Pettigrew, but with the way we have been playing games they may very well play with us. It shouldnt be that way...but it prolly will.
If Suh has a good game, I have a feeling its not going to matter what their secondary is. We're going to need a huge game out of Watkins, Mathis, and Reynolds for our offense to generate successful drives. And to avoid turnovers of course, but.. yeah. This is going to be another game where we look great for a little while on offense, and when Suh and the rest of their front 7 have some momentum, they will make our offense look inept. I fully expect another close game, and until the Eagles find their identity this season, we should expect that to stay the same.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would bet on that, honestly. Its only a matter of time before he does it. I just hope its not for something like Fitz did against us.
Calvin had a TD against Tennesee. No Stafford to Calvin yet though. Hill came in the game as Stafford hurt his hip.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
If Suh has a good game, I have a feeling its not going to matter what their secondary is. We're going to need a huge game out of Watkins, Mathis, and Reynolds for our offense to generate successful drives. And to avoid turnovers of course, but.. yeah. This is going to be another game where we look great for a little while on offense, and when Suh and the rest of their front 7 have some momentum, they will make our offense look inept. I fully expect another close game, and until the Eagles find their identity this season, we should expect that to stay the same.
Lions haven't forced a pick yet this season in 4 games against Bradford, Alex Smith, Jake Locker and Christian Ponder. Plus inconsistent pressure. That's bad. Vick should be safe with picks unless Detroit steps up their pressure which if your interior is bad is possible. Corey Williams is out so it's up to Suh and Fairley(who hasn't shown up since Week 1) Fumbles should be Vicks only issue. Suh and Avril have done solid this year but still need to step it up to help create turnovers and be dominate like the Lions hope and bring more consistent pressure. KVB age has caught up to him but he still has a nonstop motor and backups Lawrence Jackson and Willie Young have done nothing this season. Lions held Vikings to 6 offensive points though, hopefully they can hold the Eagles to 14 or so but on the road the Lions defense hasn't played as well (27 to San Fran, 23 to Titans plus 21 other non defensive points). Special teams and redzone is where Detroit is losing games. Does DJax still return punts?

Lions corners are better than people realize. Chris Houston has played well since 2010 for Detroit. Bill Bentley is a rookie but hasn't been beat badly in coverage other than 2 penalties last week. The problem was the safeties against the 49ers Vernon Davis and Titans on two long plays without Delmas.

Should be a great close game that the Lions can steal if the Lions can get a turnover or two. If they don't I think the Eagles win this one, maybe pretty handily.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I think it's time to abandon the wide nine. Teams have figured it out and we're not getting enough pressure because the other qbs are just doing shorter drops.

I also saw something that said the reason Vick keeps fumbling is because of the vest he's wearing and honestly it kind of makes sense.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I think it's time to abandon the wide nine. Teams have figured it out and we're not getting enough pressure because the other qbs are just doing shorter drops.

I also saw something that said the reason Vick keeps fumbling is because of the vest he's wearing and honestly it kind of makes sense.
Well considering most times when he fumbles it he's carrying the ball like a loaf of bread it seems like more of an excuse than anything.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I had been saying it since he got it. It's ******* kevlar, that **** won't give near as much as your body does while you wear it. Look back on all of Vick's fumbles this year, SWI, he actually is holding the ball against his body for most of them, with the exception of the fumble at the goal line in the Steelers game, I can't remember any of them where he was carrying, say... like he did last season. The vest is definitely a factor in his fumbles. When you have a man swatting his arm against your side going for a strip fumble, the kevlar doesn't bend inward like his flesh and ribs would, so more energy is directed away from the body (like a bounce). He's got to find a way to work with it, or he's screwed.

Also, the game yesterday... Let's just say I'm glad the bye week is here.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to miss yesterdays game and haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd prefer this season. How's Fletcher Cox looking (aside from his ejection)?

Everything I've seen from Kendricks points to him being a total steal but I haven't gotten to really watch our first pick as much as I'd like.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess that's one way to scrap the Wide-9...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Wide 9's not even Castillo's creation so I doubt it's gone. I do hope we see less of it tbh.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Castillo had no part in bringing in the wide 9. We need to be producing more turnovers, and the face that this team hasnt had a sack in 3 ******* weeks in unacceptable with our pass rushers.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I had to miss yesterdays game and haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd prefer this season. How's Fletcher Cox looking (aside from his ejection)?

Everything I've seen from Kendricks points to him being a total steal but I haven't gotten to really watch our first pick as much as I'd like.
His contributions in the stat sheet aren't as obvious as Kendricks, but his impact might be (probably is) greater. He is a lot more stout against the run than I expected in this point in his career. He has handled blockers incredibly, and clears the trash for our LBs. There are already plays where you can see what he has ahead of him. Thumper would probably also say the same, he has been very impressive (minus the ejection) on a consistent basis. I don't know what his stats are, and I'm about to look them up after I finish this post, but he has been making plays behind the line of scrimmage in the run game as well as generating pressure in the pass game, though IDK if he registered a sack in the first three weeks or not.

Edit:
11 total (10 solo) tackles, 3 PBUs, 1 sack, 1 TFL. And I can think of at least ten plays where you can see as a direct result of him occupying a blocker, has has allowed another one of our defenders to make a play. Those 3 PBUs are big too, I didn't realize he had three already. I'm very happy with how he has been playing so far and think we nailed it with his selection as well.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 10-16-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marty Mornhinweg is going to celebrate still being employed by dialing up 75 pass plays for the Falcons.
SniperDosPuntoCero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Castillo's main problem was his inability to counter opponent's offenses during the game. It is also one of the main things Reid has struggled with since he got here. Do I think he is a scapegoat? Not necessarily, but I don't think he'd have been fired if this team was over .500 right now.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wide 9's not even Castillo's creation so I doubt it's gone. I do hope we see less of it tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Castillo had no part in bringing in the wide 9. We need to be producing more turnovers, and the face that this team hasnt had a sack in 3 ******* weeks in unacceptable with our pass rushers.
That's my mistake..guess it was Washburn's doing then? Either way I'd be happy if we changed things up with it as well.