Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i was about to say 3 intentional grounding calls in just the first half from what i counted and that we have no sacks or picks

*just as i am posting this, eagles let up another big passing play for a td...sigh...cant wait for nelson, landry, or griffin on draft day*
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow cant believe we pulled out the victory to be honest with you...lito comes up big and has 5 of our teams 11 picks they said
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lito is my hero he deserves to go to the pro bowl.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles played hard, played good (not great) defense, and won the game. They made solid adjustments, Reid called a good game, and Garcia played well. He made the throws when they counted. The crowd was skeptical at first, but they came to life and helped carry the team in the second half. A very good win. Gives the team some momentum and hope. That's kind of what I'm afraid of. Winning the next game against Washington and having a shot at the playoffs in Weeks 16 and 17, then getting crushed...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Garcia is playing much better than anyone could have expected. Glad to see Reggie Brown appeared in a game again.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said that Garcia wasn't bad enough to lose games, but I also said he couldn't win games. While there were a few breakdowns, I think our defense won that game, and Garcia put together several nice drives and didn't kill the team with turnovers. If the D keeps playing this well, the Eagles can keep winning. Not sure what will happen against Dallas and the Giants, though. Those games will be incredibly tough.

Every game right now is must win in my mind. The division is a huge longshot, but I'm not going to stop shooting for it until Dallas clinches.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
steelcrew43
Veteran

steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.

steelcrew43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

What the heck is going on there? Makes no sense!!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does anyone think there is any trade bait this offseason on the Eagles. Like how they traded Hollis Thomas during the draft and Simoneau later on? Just curious.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does anyone think there is any trade bait this offseason on the Eagles. Like how they traded Hollis Thomas during the draft and Simoneau later on? Just curious.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

im lovin scotts new mock draft pick for us...: laron landry...btw poslusny is an awful pick for us and looks pretty bad right there in that pick
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

im lovin scotts new mock draft pick for us...: laron landry...btw poslusny is an awful pick for us and looks pretty bad right there in that pick
Old 12-06-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerator
Darwin Walker, Tra Thomas, that's just about it.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-06-2006, 08:36 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont really understand that picture...anyways does anybody know how the pro-bowl is shaping up, i wonder which iggles will be in especially dawkins cuz hes my fav. player and I heard nothing about him and the pro-bowl this year

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:37 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

i dont really understand that picture...anyways does anybody know how the pro-bowl is shaping up, i wonder which iggles will be in especially dawkins cuz hes my fav. player and I heard nothing about him and the pro-bowl this year

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

i dont really understand that picture...anyways does anybody know how the pro-bowl is shaping up, i wonder which eagles will be in, especially dawkins because hes my favorite player and I heard nothing about him and the pro-bowl this year

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

sry 4 the 3 same messages i though it froze

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 12-07-2006, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles will have a few representatives in Hawaii. Andrews is essentially a lock in my mind, and Lito is a near lock. Sheldon Brown is a possibility. Westbrook should go, barring injury. Donovan might get voted in, but we all know he's not "going". Trotter is an annual possibility, and Dawk has sentimental appeal. I'm not sure if Dawk deserves to make the Pro Bowl. I love him as a player, but he hasn't been stellar this season. There may be other, better options out there.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
The Eagles will have a few representatives in Hawaii. Andrews is essentially a lock in my mind, and Lito is a near lock. Sheldon Brown is a possibility. Westbrook should go, barring injury. Donovan might get voted in, but we all know he's not "going". Trotter is an annual possibility, and Dawk has sentimental appeal. I'm not sure if Dawk deserves to make the Pro Bowl. I love him as a player, but he hasn't been stellar this season. There may be other, better options out there.
Lets see Andrews, Westbrook, and Lito I think will make it or have a good shot to make it. Sheldon hasn't had a good enough season to warrant a pro bowl appearance and I don't see him going. Donovan I don't think will get it same with Trotter. Dawkins by all means should make it, I have to disagree, I have been very pleased by his performance this season. He hasn't racked up the interceptions this season in part because teams haven't been throwing on him all that often. That and he hasn't been able to help as much in our run defense because of his responsibility of playing centerfield and our lack of another playmaking safety. His coverage has been tight as ever, and he is just as much of a force, but he doesn't have the help around him. Regardless I think his play this season has been good enough for the pro bowl.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Cunningham, I never claimed to be a Dawkins hater. I just see other safeties having a better shot of going because of the players around them. Roy Williams always seems to go, and you can't ignore Darren Sharper and Bullocks on the Bears. Not because they're better than Dawk. It's about popularity and notoriety. I would love for Dawk to go, but it's no lock.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
Cunningham, I never claimed to be a Dawkins hater. I just see other safeties having a better shot of going because of the players around them. Roy Williams always seems to go, and you can't ignore Darren Sharper and Bullocks on the Bears. Not because they're better than Dawk. It's about popularity and notoriety. I would love for Dawk to go, but it's no lock.
Oh my mistake I thought you were saying that he was having an off year. But I agree other safeties in the NFC are putting up gaudy stats this season and will probably get the spot.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
mancl
Rookie

mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.

I'm a Packer fan and hope you can help me out. The Packers will be looking for a strong safety after the season as Manuel is o.k against the run but is poor in coverage. Before the season Michael Lewis was considered a decent safety but as I understand it he has lost his job and it seems a lot of you consider him someone that needs to be replaced. Could you explain what has gone on with him? Is he someone who just needs a change of scenery? Are his coverage skills at least o.k?

Thanks
mancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Awful coverage skills at best. Throw a double move and it's 6. No matter who the receiver is. Even if the receiver is 15 yards in front of him.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-09-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Lewis is pretty much useless as a safety because he cannot cover at all, but I was thinking about this recently, what if he were to make a position change to linebacker? Run support is what he's best at and he would be pretty decent in coverage by linebacker standards. He's already pretty big at 6'1 220 so if he could gain maybe another 20 pounds he would be the right size. Physically it seems like it would be a good idea but a position change this late would take a long time for him to get the hang of but if he could he has the tools to do well.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink

What do yall think about J.J Outlaw