Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen play a couple of times. He is an impact player at WR for sure. He's alot more polished than Ted Ginn. And during the end of this year he didn't do to bad on the NFL level.

As for o-linemen, it's always a possibility with Reid but the Eagles need to get better in the "skill" positions IMO. Just looking at the forum mock of what if would look like if Sniper was the GM and we definatley need more weapons on offense.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I've seen play a couple of times. He is an impact player at WR for sure. He's alot more polished than Ted Ginn. And during the end of this year he didn't do to bad on the NFL level.

As for o-linemen, it's always a possibility with Reid but the Eagles need to get better in the "skill" positions IMO. Just looking at the forum mock of what if would look like if Sniper was the GM and we definatley need more weapons on offense.
A) DeSean Jackson had two 100 yard games. He's been shut down way too many times for my liking.
B) In the forum mock, I tended to go with the best value.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
A) DeSean Jackson had two 100 yard games. He's been shut down way too many times for my liking.
B) In the forum mock, I tended to go with the best value.
Most accurate comparison is Santana Moss..I like Desean but is he worth a first? Im not so sure. Its not always about the best athletes but the best football players.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
machoking6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Most accurate comparison is Santana Moss..I like Desean but is he worth a first? Im not so sure. Its not always about the best athletes but the best football players.
Santana Moss is damn good when he's healthy. In his first 16 game season (starting 12 games), Moss had 74 receptions for 1,105 yards and 10 TDs. In his second 16 game season (starting all 16), Moss had 84 receptions for 1,483 yards and 9 TDs. A Santana Moss comparison is a good one.

DeSean Jackson wouldn't be asked to come in and be the #1 or #2 guy. The Eagles have Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown for that. Jackson would provide Andy Reid with a weapon on offense. Reid could line go 3, 4, or 5 wide with Jackson out there. God help the opposing team if Jackson gets single coverage. Jackson could even line up in a Split Backs with Westbrook for some variety (doubtful, but you never know). Jackson would also be KR/PR, which is something the Eagles desperately need. The Eagles would be lucky to have someone like Jackson fall into their laps.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoking6 View Post

DeSean Jackson wouldn't be asked to come in and be the #1 or #2 guy. The Eagles have Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown for that. Jackson would provide Andy Reid with a weapon on offense. Reid could line go 3, 4, or 5 wide with Jackson out there. God help the opposing team if Jackson gets single coverage. Jackson could even line up in a Split Backs with Westbrook for some variety (doubtful, but you never know). Jackson would also be KR/PR, which is something the Eagles desperately need. The Eagles would be lucky to have someone like Jackson fall into their laps.
I still don't believe in drafting a returner in the first round. Jackson isn't that good of a receiver that he's a need at 14. His deep speed is terrific, but he's gotten worse as a receiver and most importantly his YPC has gone down from a deep threat's level to a possession receiver's.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Bradley played great today coming up huge on the goal line stand and with the game ending interception. Is there any way he could start opening day next year?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Bradley played great today coming up huge on the goal line stand and with the game ending interception. Is there any way he could start opening day next year?
I hope so, i'm really starting to like him. Played very well today, not sure how he'll get a starting job but I hope he does.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradley was amazing, hopefully this puts a damper on those people who want to the eagles to draft lbs.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Well he probably wont start but he will see time in nickel situations when Gocong goes to play DE

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 12-24-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

My older brother is a huge Eagles fan so I got him this autographed picture in a frame. Its awesome Chuck Bednarik and Frank Gifford.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

do you guys think McNabb will be back? IMO he will be for one more season becauise he has one year left on his contract? I joined in on this discussion late.. what do you think we are going to address in the off season? Anyone know who some of the big time free agents are this off season around the nfl?
Old 12-25-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for killing our chance at the playoffs, guys. But you guys were the better team and kicked our ass on both sides of the ball.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
My older brother is a huge Eagles fan so I got him this autographed picture in a frame. Its awesome Chuck Bednarik and Frank Gifford.

That is one badass picture. Awesome gift.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am having this discussion with someone about how much McNabb would cost in a trade... how much do you guys think you can get in a trade for McNabb?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say probably a third rounder is probably the maximum of what teams would offer the Eagles in an open market. I believe the Eagles would want at least a 2008 first rounder, though. If they really want to dump him, they might settle for a 2008 second rounder and extra.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-26-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I am having this discussion with someone about how much McNabb would cost in a trade... how much do you guys think you can get in a trade for McNabb?
I agree with Bsaza I think a 3rd rounder is the best they will get.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

With McNabb's contract and injury concerns, most teams will try to lowball. If you know you're getting a 100% McNabb, his cost goes up. However, given the uncertainties and the financials, there's no reason for a team to offer "fair value".

Old 12-26-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

If he has another good game this week i could see that easily rise to a second round pick and a little more. Besides by next year he should be 100% I think the eagles should keep him and if he continues to struggle then dump him I also dont think that Kolb will be ready to start next year.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 12-26-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not sure you're thinking rationally here. McNabb has injury issues, has a pretty big contract (that will need to be renegotiated by his new team), and he's also 31. What team is going to invest more than a third round pick for McNabb for all that money and with those questions. I think he's worth more than a third, but I don't think the Eagles would get more.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie

CW99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I tell you who
Baltimore
Minnesota
Buffalo
Kansas City
Chicago
NY Jets
Falcons
Panthers(maybe)

the supply for QB is Short but the demand is high and with everyone wanting to win now a QB with accolades such as McNabbs should go fast. What did The dolphins give up for Trent? People want to win and when youhave a gem like McNabb thats available in a slow market then his price automaticly increase.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

First of all, I think Minnesota, Buffalo, and the Jets won't be bidding for McNabb. Baltimore, KC, Chicago, Atlanta, and Carolina are more likely.

Secondly I don't see these teams going out of their way to bid with a second rounder or more. Just because the Dolphins made a bad deal, it doesn't mean that these other teams will. If there is a bidding war, maybe. Regardless, I'm not certain that the Eagles would make any trade.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

That not what i think they will get that is what i think McNabb is worth. Anything less than a second in my opinion isn't worth it.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That is fine then. I don't think anyone is expecting to give legitimate value for McNabb.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

If Trent Green who is like 35 years old coming off a season with a concussion at an old age for a QB and has never been on the same level as McNabb could get traded for a 4th round pick, McNabb could get traded for more then a 3rd IMO.

What do you guys think we are going to address in the draft? I think DE or DB 1st round is where I think we are looking, although I would prefer a playmaker like DeSean Jackson but thats not how we draft, plus we have needs at DE and DB.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Dolphins overpaid for Green, just like they way overpaid for AJ Feeley back in the day. They are terrible at evaluating and developing QB talent. You can't set market value for McNabb based on Green. It is always about what the team is willing to pay. I don't think teams are going to offer better than a third rounder, and that isn't proper value for Donovan. I think everyone can agree that he is worth more than that.