Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That was one hell of a game. Dawkins is still a monster.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe I said Philly would make the playoffs even with Garcia, things are looking good.

And you doubted me Dillen.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Now that we're in the playoff hunt, Dawkins has turned on the A game. I love Dawkins.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
I believe I said Philly would make the playoffs even with Garcia, things are looking good.

To be fair, no one could guess that Garcia would play this good.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

To be fair, no one could guess that Garcia would play this good.
I did, which is why I picked them to make the playoffs, even without McNabb, well ok not this good.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Great win guys.

Don't have the time to give all my thoughts but to sum it up, you guys ran the ball well and stopped the run well....go figure.

The way the NFC has shaped up this season, maybe we'll see each other again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He truly is the best in the business, noone plays with more heart and intensity. He is always around the ball looking to make a play. He is and has been my favorite Eagle for years, and its because of days like today.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
He truly is the best in the business, noone plays with more heart and intensity. He is always around the ball looking to make a play. He is and has been my favorite Eagle for years, and its because of days like today.
So why is Trotter in your sig man?

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garcia has been playing well but in my eyes it came down to Jim Johnson and Tim Lewis. Jim being one of the best if not the best D coordinator in the game. And Tim Lewis being a big bafoon. Apparently Johnson knows how to create pressure and Tim Lewis has never head of such a thing.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on the win guys, well earned. It seems like both our teams did a great job of trying to throw the game away, and you guys made less mistakes.

Dawkins is still a beast, I said in TC he's the best FS in the game, and I still believe it.

And I told ya you would do a good job against our run. Familiarity is the ultimate score settler, and division rivals always play eachother tight because of it. Misdirection doesn't work against a team that plays against it twice a year for the past 10 years or so.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game overall, I'm still not sold on Garcia. But I never will be. Defense played great in the second half, alright in the 1st. Howard didn't do much. Trotter did pretty good and Gaither did fine aswell. Dawk was obviously huge. I was impressed but we still have a long way to go to look at a potential SuperBowl
Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze66
Quote:
So why is Trotter in your sig man?
He's my avy 8)
I just don't have a good sig of dawk

Sig by Kramer
Old 12-18-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
utfootball1

GAITHER came up big, when dawk and trotter retire, hes gona be a good defensive leader

after watching that game we could use a big fast corner like jimmy williams, for PLAX

ps PLAX pushes off every time

HEY ROGER GOODALL plax pushes off every time
Old 12-19-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Garcia has been playing well but in my eyes it came down to Jim Johnson and Tim Lewis. Jim being one of the best if not the best D coordinator in the game. And Tim Lewis being a big bafoon. Apparently Johnson knows how to create pressure and Tim Lewis has never head of such a thing.
Ehh... Jim Johnson is certainly not the best defensive coordinator, but he did do pretty well in the Eagles Giants game. This season I haven't been too impressed with him actually.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless of how well the D is doing, there needs to be some sort of change on the D for the Eagles. The run D is still is a concern. I believe the Giants had issues running due to all the injuries on their OLine. It wasn't all the Eagles. The D has played better of late, but there is a disconnect between the personnel and the scheme. I like most of the personnel, so I think the scheme needs tweaking.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Eagles in Pro Bowl-
Shawn Andrews
Lito Sheppard
Brian Dawkins

I'm ecstatic that Dawkins made it. Westbrook had a pro bowl worthy season, he should have made it over Tiki. I'm a little surprised more of our offensive line didn't make it, Jamaal Jackson I thought was really good this year. A case could be made for Trent Cole as well, but overall I'm pleased. Another pro bowl berth strengthens Dawkins case for the HOF.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

Westbrook got snubbed because this is Tiki's last year simply put and here are the numbers to back it up:

Westbrook
1756 yards from scrimmage
287 touches
6.1 yards per touch
11 TDs

Barber
1786 yards from scrimmage
340 touches
5.3 yards per touch
2 TDs

Period. End of story.
Sianara Tiki! Hurry up and get to the broadcast studio so Westy can get some love.

Sig by Kramer
Old 12-20-2006, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given Tiki's production and the fact that Jacobs vultured 7 goalline TD's from him, I can't fault him for getting in. Westbrook was in a no win situation. He has All Pro numbers, but he's in a division with 2 other All Pro's (S. Jackson and Gore), and a former all-pro with similar numbers. With Westbrook's injury issues of the past, I'm glad he's not going to Hawaii. Let these other guys get dinged up while BWest rests and recovers. Getting named to the game is nice, but I'd much rather have our stud RB resting.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-21-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
Given Tiki's production and the fact that Jacobs vultured 7 goalline TD's from him, I can't fault him for getting in. Westbrook was in a no win situation. He has All Pro numbers, but he's in a division with 2 other All Pro's (S. Jackson and Gore), and a former all-pro with similar numbers. With Westbrook's injury issues of the past, I'm glad he's not going to Hawaii. Let these other guys get dinged up while BWest rests and recovers. Getting named to the game is nice, but I'd much rather have our stud RB resting.
Word TODAY'S MY BDAY WOOO CELEBRATING EAGLES STYLE!!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

How exactly does one celebrate Eagles style? Perhaps you could elaborate, Cunningham?

Old 12-22-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Predictions for the game? I put money down on the Eagles to cover this weekend. I think they have a solid shot to win if the D performs well, so the 7 point spread was overly generous.

I think the Eagles will hang around and have a shot to win. Final score prediction: 26-24. Eagles will cover regardless.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

Quote:
Predictions for the game? I put money down on the Eagles to cover this weekend. I think they have a solid shot to win if the D performs well, so the 7 point spread was overly generous.

I think the Eagles will hang around and have a shot to win. Final score prediction: 26-24. Eagles will cover regardless.
I dunno I like the way we have been playing as of late, however I think its a tall task to go on the road 3 weeks in a row especially against all division rivals. I do think we have a good shot to pull this one out but it will be a hard fought game

Prediction: 20-17 Eagles

Sig by Kramer
Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How exactly does one celebrate Eagles style? Perhaps you could elaborate, Cunningham?
Getting really rowdy and drunk. I meant Eagles FAN style. Haha nonetheless the celebration was good.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I definitely think they will cover, I am not going to say they will win so I don't want to jinx it, but I think at the least they will keep it close. Our defense has been really good lately, and if Garcia can keep this up we'll see. As long as he targets the man in safety coverage we should be alright.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game, guys! You helped us out a lot. But, congrats on the win. You are looking really good right now.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote