Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC North Thread

All righty, time to recognize the mighty NFC North. Can somebody give me a good reason as to why this season won't be another one where the Bears rule, and the other 3 teams suck?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the lions will bring back the greatest show on turf, the packers will make a last season miracle run for brett favre, and the vikes will suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
All righty, time to recognize the mighty NFC North. Can somebody give me a good reason as to why this season won't be another one where the Bears rule, and the other 3 teams suck?
Nope :)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Bears will fail to make the playoffs. Count on that.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE View Post
Good argument.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Good argument.
I don't see anywhere on the post where I was trying to argue. It was a statement.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I don't see anywhere on the post where I was trying to argue. It was a statement.
hes saying it because you gave no reasons to support your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
hes saying it because you gave no reasons to support your statement.
That's ok, look at the rest of his posts, it's just one-liners with no reasoning or support. Declaratory statement after another.

Good call on Michael Bush in the 1st round by the way. With you're insight I'm really scared about the Bears' playoff chances.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's ok, look at the rest of his posts, it's just one-liners with no reasoning or support. Declaratory statement after another.

Good call on Michael Bush in the 1st round by the way. With you're insight I'm really scared about the Bears' playoff chances.
hahahahhahahhahahhah
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, as long as the Vikings, Lions, and Packers are in the division, the Bears basically have a free pass. We have a new (and definitely unproven)QB, the Packers still have Favre and a weak D, and the Lions are still the Lions.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Yea, and i'm sure some of you have made predictions that didn't fall through :D

Top 10 Reasons the Bears won't make the playoffs:

10) Rex Grossman will not improve as a QB, and will lose his starting job by poor play or due to injury by mid season.
9) Lance Briggs is not happy as a Chicago Bear, (Who would be?) and will gripe and will affect the locker room in a negative way.
8) Cedric Benson will be a bust.
7) Brett Favre will lead the Green Bay Packers to a division championship.
6) Tank Johnson is Tank Johnson.
5) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
4) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
3) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
2) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
1) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
Old 05-10-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmmmmm, alrighty....Well I'm going to refute this and I want you to refute my post when I'm done, k?

Our division is horrid. The Lions well, yea they just aren't good. They had an ok draft but they failed to address their real need areas. They will have a mighty potent passing game though but they have no running game, their DL is bad (apart from Rogers), their LB core is subpar, and do I even want to comment on their secondary? Detroit will show improvement but I still say they're a mediocre ball club.

Green Bay, oh Green Bay. Favre is back for another glory run but he doesn't have any new weapons. Same WR core but he lost his #1 RB in Green. And now they have to hope that Jackson and Morency can pick up the slack, which I'd be scared about if I was a cheeshead. OL, eh it's not bad but it's not that good either. I'll say it's decent. Defensively I like what they have. Kampman is a stud on the DL and they have a very nice LB core. Their secondary still has problems. Solid corners in Woodson and Harris but I don't like their safeties at all. Plus they really don't have any depth at that position.

Minnesota, hmmm. QB play is their main concern because frankly I don't like Jackson and I don't think he's the answer there, which if I'm right would set them back 2 or 3 more years, possilby more. I loved their draft this year and they'll have a very good ground game with Taylor and AD. WR's still don't scare me though. Williamson has stone hands, Rice is still very raw, and I don't know how much of an impact Allison will be this year. Taylor, well he's an underachiever. Their OL was arguably their most disappointing units. I mean they had an incredible left side with BM and Hutch. They'd better hope those two perform much better this year. Defensively their run defense is very good. The Williams' are awesome against the run up the middle. They've got talent at DE but it remains to be seen if Udeze and James will get it done. Getting Greenway back for the LB's will help and I think they're solid in that area. Secondary wise, Winfield is a stud. And having Sharper at Safety is a very nice assett to have. If Jackson performs they are very dangerous, but if he doesn't it coule be a long year.

Chicago is still the class of this division. The one main concern is Rex. At times he looks incredible, but then a week later he'll look like he's completely lost and he'll play horrid. Our OL is still the class of our division, even at their age. Solid in all areas and one of the best run blocking units in the NFC. We added a young stud in Beekman who will challenge for a starting job this offseason. Not much depth though, and that's my concern. Our WR core is very solid. Moose is a proven vet who still has at least one more good year left in him. Berrian has become a very good player and I'm hoping to see more versatility out him this year, which I imagine we will. Bradley when healthy is bar none our most talented WR. Good hands, a playmaker, runs good routes, and can stretch teams deep. If he's healthy it makes our O more potent. This is Ceds coming out year. He's now the man in Chicago and I like that. He's got loads of potential and he showed a lot of promise last year. A big bruising back who runs downhill, he'll fit right in with our offense. AP is a nice backup but I question him as a #1 RB so we'd better hope Wolfe can step up and be a good 3rd down RB this year. Defensively, um yea we're very good. Talented DL with a bunch of depth (even more when Tank comes back). Added Anthony Adams to our DT's and we return Dusty D. Tommie Harris when healthy is one of the bes DT's in the game, and he's still not yet at his full potential. Our secondary is solid and with the return of Mike Browna and the addition of Archuleta I think it'll be improved. Vash is a very solid CB, as is Peanut. We have nice depth now in the secondary and that'll pay dividends in case of injuries. The main question on our D is Briggs. As many of you know he got franchised this year and he's not to happy about it. I personally think he'll be playing for us next year. $7 million is a lot to pass on. Urlacher well, yea I don't need to say much about him. Hillenmeyer is a very solid player at SLB. He doesn't make mistakes and he's solid in pass coverage. We added some depth at LB just in case Lance doesn't play for us and I am starting to love Okwo. I think he'd be able to step in and fill Lance's place pretty well. Not to Lance's level of play but solid nonetheless.

And our ST's is what really makes us what we are. The best return man in the game, one of the best kickers in the game, and a very underrated punter. We get down in coverage and are very sound. Having their third demension just makes us that much more dangerous. Espcially with #23 back there.

Here's my predictions on the standings (no records thought yet):

1) Chicago
2) Green Bay
3) Minnesota (I just don't like Jackson)
4) Detroit

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, and i'm sure some of you have made predictions that didn't fall through :D

Top 10 Reasons the Bears won't make the playoffs:

10) Rex Grossman will not improve as a QB, and will lose his starting job by poor play or due to injury by mid season.
9) Lance Briggs is not happy as a Chicago Bear, (Who would be?) and will gripe and will affect the locker room in a negative way.
8) Cedric Benson will be a bust.
7) Brett Favre will lead the Green Bay Packers to a division championship.
6) Tank Johnson is Tank Johnson.
5) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
4) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
3) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
2) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
1) Rex Grossman is the Bears starting QB
10) Even if Rex doesn't do well, we've got Griese behind him and he's solid

9) Lance will be back and he'll play. His teammates on our his side. Same thing happened with TJ last year and everything turned out ok. Lance is still a hard worker and he'll play for us.

8) If Cedric is a bust I'll personally come back and ban myself from this board. Cedric showed what he can do, and we're all confident that given the bulk carries, he's going to be special

7) He'll need more help than that to win the division (from his friends in Chicago)

6) Our DL depth will make up for Tank's absense...And when he comes back it'll help us that much more

1-5) Numbers wise Rex had the best season of any QB in the NFC North.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how far did they go last year with Rex I have seem to have forgotten
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
how far did they go last year with Rex I have seem to have forgotten
SuperBowl. And I don't want to hear that "the team carried him" crap. In the playoffs before the SB game, he was very good and in fact saved the defense against Seattle and was very solid against NO.

I'm not making excuses for Rexy but the conditions in the SB were horrid. Notice that when Peyton tried to go down the field, he wasn't very successful. Don't get me wrong he still didn't play that well but it would've been hard for any QB to be successful in that weather, especially playing from behind and having no running game.

All Rex needs to do is be solid. We don't need him to be Peyton Manning every game. As long as he limits his Miami's, Arizona's, Green Bay's, and Minnesota's we'll be fine. I have confidence that he can do that for us next year. Our run game, defense, and ST's are good enough to help him out each game.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Rex made mistakes yet the team allowed them to go that far, but Rex was also an important factor.

I'm not a big Rex fan.
Quote:
Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not going to crack on the Bears too much, obviously I don't have much room to do so.

I think there's a chance that a number of things combine to make the Bears a lesser team than they were last year. Those things include: T. Jones leaving, Rex Grossman, Lance Briggs, Tank Johnson, Super Bowl loser effect. There's just as good of a chance that they keep their continuity rolling and remain about as good as last year also. I don't think they'll go back to the SB simply because the losing team in the inferior conference rarely does.

Anyway, even assuming the Bears fall off a bit, are any of the other teams ready to take the division from them? On the surface it appears unlikely. I'd like to think the Lions will improve but enough to win the division? It would take a miracle. The Packers? I see them finishing last in the division, I don't see how their offense is going to produce much. The Vikings have the best chance in my opinion, AP will help them a lot if he's healthy and getting Greenway back will be like adding another first-round rookie. It's all up to Tarvaris Jackson, they're taking a big risk going with him but if he gets the job done, the Vikes will be pretty good.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
SuperBowl.
I'm not making excuses for Rexy but the conditions in the SB were horrid. Notice that when Peyton tried to go down the field, he wasn't very successful. Don't get me wrong he still didn't play that well but it would've been hard for any QB to be successful in that weather, especially playing from behind and having no running game.
Chris Harris.

The weather was bad, and balls, fumbles, everything was getting dropped.

Yes, the Colts had better execution, and it didn't help that the safeties were playing 20 yds from the LOS...

As long as the defense keeps a positive turnover ratio, the bears will win the division. Period. When rex is inconsistant, you get games like Arizona vs Chicago, which if you have TiVo and NFLN, they're repeating it this week (or may have already) as a 'classic' game... I will write up something 'deep' when I get back from work. But until then. The lions will be making steps, and might challenge the #3 rank in the NFCN (actually, they'll probably beat out the Vikes). They're rather stacked with weapons, and kitna could throw for a million yards to CJ.

It's the bears division to lose.

1. Chicago
2. GB
3. Lions
4. Vikes

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
Anyway, even assuming the Bears fall off a bit, are any of the other teams ready to take the division from them? On the surface it appears unlikely. I'd like to think the Lions will improve but enough to win the division? It would take a miracle. The Packers? I see them finishing last in the division, I don't see how their offense is going to produce much. The Vikings have the best chance in my opinion, AP will help them a lot if he's healthy and getting Greenway back will be like adding another first-round rookie. It's all up to Tarvaris Jackson, they're taking a big risk going with him but if he gets the job done, the Vikes will be pretty good.
Jackson is even more of a wild-card chance than Rexy. If I had a choice between Jackson and Grossman, i'd pick grossman every time. He has the ability to be a playmaker and win games with his arm. Does he every time? No. Not yet, Jackson is less-proven, even less talented right now, and with Taylor and AP, i don't think they can provide the spark to win the division.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
I'm not going to crack on the Bears too much, obviously I don't have much room to do so.

I think there's a chance that a number of things combine to make the Bears a lesser team than they were last year. Those things include: T. Jones leaving, Rex Grossman, Lance Briggs, Tank Johnson, Super Bowl loser effect. There's just as good of a chance that they keep their continuity rolling and remain about as good as last year also. I don't think they'll go back to the SB simply because the losing team in the inferior conference rarely does.
Oh no doubt LS, no doubt. I actually predict we won't be as good as we were last year, playing wise and record wise but with how bad the NFC North is and how bad our conference is as a whole, we're still at the top of our conference.

It's no secret that the losing SB team doesn't do to well the following season. Although I still think we'll be pretty damn good.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Chris Harris.

The weather was bad, and balls, fumbles, everything was getting dropped.

Yes, the Colts had better execution, and it didn't help that the safeties were playing 20 yds from the LOS...

As long as the defense keeps a positive turnover ratio, the bears will win the division. Period. When rex is inconsistant, you get games like Arizona vs Chicago, which if you have TiVo and NFLN, they're repeating it this week (or may have already) as a 'classic' game... I will write up something 'deep' when I get back from work. But until then. The lions will be making steps, and might challenge the #3 rank in the NFCN (actually, they'll probably beat out the Vikes). They're rather stacked with weapons, and kitna could throw for a million yards to CJ.

It's the bears division to lose.

1. Chicago
2. GB
3. Lions
4. Vikes
The Lions have no line (apart from Rogers) on either side of the ball. Skill guys are great, but having good lines on both sides of the ball are key to having a successful football team.

Oh and btw, it was Manning who blew the coverage on Wayne, not Harris. Chris actually played fairly solid in that game.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
The Lions have no line (apart from Rogers) on either side of the ball. Skill guys are great, but having good lines on both sides of the ball are key to having a successful football team.

Oh and btw, it was Manning who blew the coverage on Wayne, not Harris. Chris actually played fairly solid in that game.
I was trying to imply, Chris Harris really played the ball well and caught mannings badly thrown pass probably due to the weather, bad release, shifty route... (I just said two words to throw everyone off :-p)

Manning blew coverage on Wayne (which really was eerily similar to last year vs carolina... i know that, wasn't that alfanso marshall?)... but Harris really covered fairly well.

The lions lines suck, agreed. But, even with the line sucking, the ball will be in the air all the time, if it was so atrocious last year, kitna couldn't have thrown for 4200 yards last year. They'll do decent with pass protection, but running? Uh. as borat would say. 'not so much'. kitna can throw for that much again. and with any sort of defensive improvement (such as one saved TD/gm) that'll be huge enough to engineer at least a 4 game swing.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The Bears won't be 13-3 or better this year. They have a murderous schedule. It's not as much about who they play, cause that's tough enough, but it's when they play. If I make predictions at all I'm gonna wait, it's still far too early, you can get a better sense of how the team will be in preseason/training camp. Right now it's all just a sheet of paper vs. a sheet of paper.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Rex Grossman is inconsistent. To remain a starter in the NFL and to give your team the best chance to succeed, you need consistent play from your quarterback. Rex Grossman will be benched by mid season, and Brian Greise will be mediocre. This is the main reasoning behind the Bears missing the playoffs. With all the parody in the NFL the Lions could win the division :D
Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Looks like the Vikings and Lions will be in for another year of growing pains.

The Packers have a lot of question marks but could make a playoff/division title push if some key young players step up.

The Bears are the frontrunners right now but I'm still unconvinced that they'll have a year like last year. Quarterback is a big concern and I could see them having a fairly disappointing season.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote