Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Sometimes in "arguements" like these, all you need to do is look at the poster, and stop arguing. This is one of those cases.
Haha will do. I don't mind people saying the Packers because as much as I hate to admit it, they are most likely our biggest challengers for the division. Chicago and Green Bay are the two most balanced teams in this division and I think that's what separates them from Minnesota and Detroit.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
This man has a great mind

All NFC North Team
QB:Brett Favre GB- Has 2nd best WR core in division and is just as talented as the other QB's in the division. OL will show improvements too.
Prediction: 3800yds 20tds 15ints Honorable Mention: Jon Kitna DET

RB: Kevin Jones DET- Its boom or bust year for him and the WR's should spread out the D for him.
Prediction: 1400yds 10tds

RB: Cedric Benson CHI- Same story for Benson. Better line though.
Prediction: 1300yds 11tds Only reason i didnt say AD/Taylor is because they could share carries therefore deflating stats.

TE: Greg Olsen CHI- Will have an immediate impact and become Grossman's best friend and replace the aging Clark.
Prediciton: 50rec 550yds 4tds Honorable Mention: Desmond Clark(Really poor TE's in this division)

WR: Roy Williams DET- Kitna will have alot of passing yards this year and most of his passes will go to Williams if he is healthy.
80rec 1200yds 8tds

WR: Donald Driver GB- Jennings will be a bigger threat and will get double teams off Driver, but at the same take catches away from him.
75rec 1200 6tds

WR: Calvin Johnson DET- WIll have a Randy Moss-type impact. Furrey could also go here, but CJ is more talented.
60 1000 6tds

More to come. If you think a player should be on here just tell me. I really just made it for fun
Continued...

LT: John Tait CH
LG: Steve Hutchinson MIN
C: Olin Kruetz CHI, who else?
RG: Daryn Colledge GB, maybe some hommerism here
RT: Chad Clifton GB
Honorable Mention: ROberto Garza CHI

DE: Aaron Kampman GB, should be able to put up similar stats this year. Probably not as good due to teams noticing him more, but he should still be a force.
Predicted: 70tcks 12.5scks

DE: Mark Anderson CHI, I think he'll become a full time starter and become a sacks leader in the NFL. May struggle early
Predicited: 50tcks 14scks
Honorable Mention: Adawele Ogunleye CHI

DT: Tommie Harris CHI, if he stays healthy then this is definite IMO.
Predicted: 45tcks 3scks

DT: Fat Williams MIN, is a huge force against the run and will clog holes.
Predicted: 45tcks 1sck
Honorable Mention: Kevin Williams MIN

LB: Nick Barnett GB, can stop the run and play coverage. Should be a pro bowler
Predicted: 120tcks 2sck 2ints

LB: Brian Urlacher CHI, Brian Urlacher
Predicted: 150tcks 1sck 1int

LB: AJ Hawk GB, if Lance Briggs doesnt come back it could very well be AJ Hawk. Will have better experience in his 2nd year.
Predicited: 115tcks 3scks 1int
Honorable Mention: Ernie Simms DET

CB: Charles Tillman CHI
Prediction: 60tcks 6ints
CB: Al Harris GB
Prediction: 65tcks 3ints
CB: Antoine Winfield
Prediction: 80tcks 3ints
Honorable Mention: Nathan Vasher CHI/Charles Woodson GB

S: Nick Collins GB
Prediction: 65tcks 4ints
S: Darren Sharper MIN
Prediction: 55tcks 5ints

KR/PR: Devin Hester 3-4 KR/PR's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If healthy, Mike Brown is the best safety in this division IMO. I hope he can stay on the field this year.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You realize you have basically the same schedule as we do don't you? If our schedule is murderous, so is yours. You play SD, KC, Denver, Oakland, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Washington, Detroit (2), Minnesota (2), Chicago (2), and two other games that will be separate from ours. I believe we have New Orleans and Seattle, which are two of the top teams in the NFC on paper.

You guys went 8-8 on a pretty soft schedule last year, so you're going to have just as hard a time with the schedules for next year as we will.
I really don't think our schedules are as tough as some people make it out to be. The NFC East doens't really scare me next year, and the Cheifs and Raiders aren't anywhere near competition. Not saying it will be a walkthrough, but it's not an impossible scedule.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I really don't think our schedules are as tough as some people make it out to be. The NFC East doens't really scare me next year, and the Cheifs and Raiders aren't anywhere near competition. Not saying it will be a walkthrough, but it's not an impossible scedule.
It's still tougher than the one we had last year though. NFC West and AFC East...Yucky!

Quote:
Old 05-12-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's still tougher than the one we had last year though. NFC West and AFC East...Yucky!
The Bears should sweep the East and split the West and we should split both. Sure I'd rather have the AFC East and NFC South again, but it's no that bad.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
If actually think Rex Grossman is a better current quarterback than Brett Favre, then you're a nutcase. Brett Favre actually preforms well in the fourth quarter.
Brett does indeed perform well in the 4th quarter... but it's been his performance in the first three quarters over the past few years that have lost the Packers a lot of games.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I like the majority of your post. But a couple large corrections need to be made here.

Aaron Kampman led the NFC North in sacks by 3.5. He had 15.5. I agree that the Bears have the best pass defense because that's their focus. Green Bay had 46 sacks last year, the most of any full time 4-3 team so let's not discredit that. The next closest 4-3 defenses were Seattle & Carolina with 41. Bears had 40 but I think they Bears pass rush has more impact on the game, they forced so many turnovers off of their pass rush.

Tillman is very good but Vasher is overrated. People are still living off of his interceptions two years ago. He's also strictly a Cover 2 corner. Tillman could definitely play well in another scheme. Vasher has good ball skills but struggles mightily against big receivers. Boldin and Roy Williams come to my mind. Both of their contracts are coming up after the season, if the front office could only agree on one contract they'd choose Tillman, they've got another Vasher like player in the nickle package, it's Ricky Manning JR, they're almost the same.

Nick Collins' play had very little to do with Woodson and Harris. It was either the other safety, or linebackers who made the initial mistake. CB's didn't cost him much at all. Al Harris was the same athlete last year as he was the previous year, Woodson isn't as athletic as he used to be, but was the Packers best play maker and covers the deep ball extremely well. The miscommunications in the Packers defense were talked about a lot last year and it reflected on Nick Collins as much as anybody. I mean he is a safety, the last line of defense, and so is Marquand Manuel, the other guy who got a lot of blame. I'd like to point out there were 6 new starters on the defense last year, and how well the defense played towards the end of the year.

You also can't say the Packers pass rushing is so-so. I know sacks become overrated at times but when you have 46 of them, 4th highest in the league, it's far from so-so. Most people judge a pass rush on sacks/hurries. If one chooses to use that criteria the Packers pass rush was the best.

At the very least the Packers defense should be in the top 15 in both points and yards in my opinion. Chances are all the starters will be the same. 2nd year under the same defensive coordinator, Bob Sanders, every returning starter, and just young players getting better. There is continuity on the defense for the first time since the Packers were last in the playoffs. Hawk is 23, Barnett is 25, Brady Poppinga is 27 but going into his 2nd full season, Nick Collins is 23, Aaron Kampman is 27, Ryan Pickett is 27, Cullen Jenkins is 26, and Corey Williams is 26.

All those players are in their prime or about to enter it. Most of them are considered good players by most people already. Not to mention Justin Harrell the 1st round pick this year, and Aaron Rouse. I haven't added Harris/Woodson to the equation yet. People seem to like to dis these guys cause they're getting older or something but they're a top 5 CB tandem.

I didn't intend to go on this much but it is the NFC North thread, so it turned into a bigger post instead of a couple corrections.
Just a few things.

Conceded on the point that Kampmann is good, and that he had 3 more sacks than Anderson (i think i switch their numbers on my spreadsheet). Kampman is the power behind the line. But, to compare anderson and kampman is really apples and oranges seeing that anderson is a situational rusher and kampmann is a 3 down end. Where the bears line makes their gravy is in the Forced Fumbles. The Bears are 4 over the Pack. Anderson alone had as nearly as the Packers line, and played maybe 100 less downs than they did together this season. KBG has turned from good into mediocre lately (over the past 2 years), he's not the same pass rush threat he used to be. Period. Yeah, his run blocking skills have gotten better. There's still no comparison.

Now, Manuel should deserve some of the blame for the the lack of deep coverage, but he doesn't have the same talent and probably esteem that i hold Collins to. He's a great player, and not all of it can fall on his shoulders, but I can't fairly say that he should be held to the same standards as Manual. To say that Harris hasn't lost anything is silly. I wouldn't believe that, pair him up with some speed reciever, he doesn't have the same command that he did say, three years ago. Yeah, they're more versitile than say, Tillman and Vasher, but out of productivity? They were passed at around 9 times more a game than Woodson and Harris (based on average attempts/gm, not individual throw-ats). Why? Because running against the pack was easier. Chewed up time. And most of the time, the bears had a lead, defended it, forced the playing from behind passing game, and thus... even though on paper harris and woodson may look better... they're not. Yeah, vasher isn't the strongest, he doesn't have great height, but he plays aggressively on the ball, and works VERY well with mike brown. Woodson/Harris didn't have the same communication when passing off recievers in zone to the safeties... not to say after mike brown got injured the safeties became a liability in the bears defense too. It really is a special relationship. Manuel and Collins had like 10 allowed TD's last year.

By the way, i'm drunk right now. I should be getting to bed. But i'm not finished.

46 sacks are 46 sacks. 10 Line FF's to 5 Line FF's are another.

okay, i'm done. i have to pass out. ugh.drunks.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Oh you're back, great.

The thing that separates Chicago from any other team in this division is their Special Teams. When you've got arguably one of the best kickers in the NFL, the best return man in the NFL, and one of the best punters in the NFL on your side, it's going to win you games and I don't think anyone is mentioning that right now. Hester is a great field position tool to have, Robbie is extremely consistent, and Maynard is awesome pinning teams inside the 20. That and we have one of the best kick and punt coverage games in the NFC. We don't make too many mistakes on punts and kickoffs.

Again keep bashing Rex, but statistically he was the best QB in the North last year (TD's vs INT's). And if Rex can't get it done, Brian Griese is a very reliable backup to have.
Who lost the Super Bowl for you? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has proven to be liability to the team? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has even more people in the media riding his back now after choking like a punk in the Super Bowl? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who lets the media bother him? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman.

The guy is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. I'd rather have the revolving door in Miami than have him as my quarterback. At least then I would be losing and knowing it rather than winning and all of the sudden losing because of some dumbass quarterback. Face it, this guy sucks. There is no way to defend him. He's the Lamont Thompson of quarterbacks. Not one good quality.

While Hester is the best return man in the NFL, return men don't win championships. Plus, Super Bowl losers are known to preform far worse in the following season. I'm saying 6-10 because of the hangover and Rex. You'll have fun with a new first round quarterback next year.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah he is. You're basing Grossman off what he could be, not what he is.
Not really. Admittedly Favre was slightly statistically better than Grossman last year, and obviously more consistent, but to base your decision for the division purely off the quarterback position is stupid. This isn't Peyton Manning vs. Tim Rattay. They are pretty close in terms of production at this point in their careers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who lost the Super Bowl for you? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has proven to be liability to the team? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has even more people in the media riding his back now after choking like a punk in the Super Bowl? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who lets the media bother him? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman.

The guy is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. I'd rather have the revolving door in Miami than have him as my quarterback. At least then I would be losing and knowing it rather than winning and all of the sudden losing because of some dumbass quarterback. Face it, this guy sucks. There is no way to defend him. He's the Lamont Thompson of quarterbacks. Not one good quality.

While Hester is the best return man in the NFL, return men don't win championships. Plus, Super Bowl losers are known to preform far worse in the following season. I'm saying 6-10 because of the hangover and Rex. You'll have fun with a new first round quarterback next year.
You're an idiot.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You're an idiot.
Compelling arguement. I'm going to have to disagree and call blind homerism.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

By the way, I'm calling it now that there is absolutely no way Kevin Jones rushes for 1,400 yards next year. I said the same thing last year when people were putting them in their top 10.

"WhaD the fuDge are you ntalking about dood!! KEVIN JoNZ Is asseewsome!!!"

No. No he's not. Talk about the line all you want. Talk about Martz's offense. Whatever. I've heard every rationale for why Kevin Jones is about as productive as an alcoholic on St.Patrick's Day. The fact of the matter is that he had an 8-10 game period where he was great and the rest of his career he's been the tooth fairy in the backfield. He's still their best option at runningback, but I would take either of Minnesota's runningbacks over him any day of the week.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I usually don't defend the Bears or Rex Grossman but alot of people tend to forget that this past season was Rex's first chance for substantial playing time. Due to injuries he had struggled to find the field, and last season was really his "rookie" season experience wise. Now if there aren't improvements this year the Bears have something to complain about but realistically last season Grossman was only getting his feet wet.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Compelling arguement. I'm going to have to disagree and call blind homerism.
We won 15 games with Grossman last year, now you think we'll win 6. You said he was worse than John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson. You're an idiot. All you do is flame about the Bears. It's so hackneyed and stupid I don't even feel the need to give you a response. Your whole argument basically consists of "Rex Grossman sucks", so beyond that, keep sucking Vince Young's balls and go somewhere else and troll. You're the biggest homer of them all.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We won 13 games with Grossman. You said he was worse than John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson. You're an idiot. All you do is flame about the Bears. It's so hackneyed and stupid I don't even feel the need to give you a response. Your whole argument basically consists of "Rex Grossman sucks", so beyond that, keep sucking Vince Young's balls and go somewhere else and troll. You're the biggest homer of them all.
You had the easiest schedule out of anybody in the NFL. I'd rather have John Beck and Tarvaris Jackson starting on my team than Rex Grossman because they won't have to deal with the added pressure of being known as a choker. I do more than flame out the Bears. Just because I think Grossman sucks doesn't mean I hate the entire team. I also can't stand fans like you who come off as thinking their **** doesn't stink. My arguement consists more than "Rex Grossman sucks". Why bring up Vince in this thread? What does that have to do with anything? Yeah, I like Vince Young. I think has great potential and he has incredible leadership skills for someone of his age. You actually think I'm a bigger homer than GRF or Achilles? Sounds more like somebody holding a grudge.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ok, 3rd biggest homer.

And if your argument consists of more than Grossman sucks I'd like to see it. The "Superbowl curse" isn't an argument. It's as real as Santa Claus or the Madden Curse. You can't use superstition in an argument and have any credibility.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ok, 3rd biggest homer.

And if your argument consists of more than Grossman sucks I'd like to see it. The "Superbowl curse" isn't an argument. It's as real as Santa Claus or the Madden Curse. You can't use superstition in an argument and have any credibility.
Not a curse but rather a team having to deal with the emotional impact of blowing a lead in the Super Bowl on top of having a Quarterback that everybody takes shots at. I think they're just not going to have a lot of will to play after coming so close and then blowing it. Football is more than a physical game. There's a mental side to it.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions v Vikings
QB: Lions
RB: Vikings
WR/TE: Lions
OL: Vikings
Offense: Tie
DL: Vikings
LB: Lions
DB: Vikings
Defense: Vikings
K: Vikings
P: Lions
KR/PR: tie
Special Teams: Lions

Packers v Bears
QB: Packers
RB: Bears
WR/TE: Packers
OL: Bears, GB not far off though
Offese: tie
DL: Bears
LB: Packers, if Briggs doesnt comeback
DB: Bears, just by a SS
Defense: Bears
K: Bears
P: Bears, although Jon Ryan has gotten good
KR/PR: Bears, GB may have Robinson, but he may not comeback, plus CHI has Hester
Special Teams: Bears

Packers v Vikings
WR: Packers
OL: Packers
Offense: Packers
DL: Vikings
LB: Packers
DB: Vikings
Defense: Tie Green Bay line and secondary isnt that far off from Minny's
K: Vikings
P: Packers
KR/PR: Vikings
Special Teams: Vikings

Lions v Bears
QB: Bears
RB: Bears
WR: Lions
OL: Bears
Offense: Bears
LB: BEars
DB: Bears
P: Bears
KR/PR: Bears

Packers v Lions
RB: Lions, by a bit
WR: Lions
OL: Packers
Offense: Packers
DL: Packers
LB: Packers
DB: Packers
Defense: Packers
K: Lions
P: Lions
KR/PR: Lions
Speical Teams: Lions

Bears v Vikings
QB: Bears
WR: Bears
OL: Bears
Offense: Bears
LB: Bears
DB: Bears
P: Bears
KR/PR: Bears

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. Admittedly Favre was slightly statistically better than Grossman last year, and obviously more consistent, but to base your decision for the division purely off the quarterback position is stupid. This isn't Peyton Manning vs. Tim Rattay. They are pretty close in terms of production at this point in their careers.
I'm not sure where that came from, but...I'm sick of this arguement. If the bears had Favre last year, they would have been much better on offense. Plain and simple.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.
Arrow NFC North Overview

Quarterback

1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

Runningback

1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Packers

Wide Receiver

1. Lions
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Vikings

Tight End

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Vikings

Offensive Line

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Defensive End

1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Vikings

Defensive Tackle

1. Vikings
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Bears

Outside Linebacker

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Vikings

Middle Linebacker

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Cornerback

1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Safety

1. Bears
2. Vikings
3. Packers
4. Lions

Kicker

1. Bears
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Packers

Punter

1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Packers

Kick Returner

1. Bears
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Packers
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lion's fan Here!

The Bears will have the usual cakewalk through the division. There really isn't anybody to challenge them. Everybody says Grossman stinks but in reality, it will only be his 2nd year as a starter and he could easily show vast improvement with his added experience. I think he'll be much more consistant and make far fewer mistakes making it even a greater gap between the Bears and the other teams in the division. I don't think Briggs will be the distraction people think he will be, holdouts aren't that unusual in the NFL. Add in Benson who could easily turnout to be better than Jones if he can stay healthy and The Bears may be right back in the Super Bowl.

Minnesota and Green Bay will fight it out for 2nd place. I choose Minny at this time because I think the loss of Green will be too much for Green Bay to overcome even though they are vastly superior at QB. If by chance, RB proves to be a strength for Green Bay then they will finish second but I just don't see it. Minny in my opinion, took a huge gamble on Peterson, if it works out and he stays healthy, they will have a scary running game to take the pressure off Jackson. I still think Jackson is a year away from showing just how good or bad he will turnout but Peterson will hide a lot until then. Neither team can yet match Chicago's defense.

Finally, Detroit. They have drafted 4 WR's in 5 years as the cornstones of their rebuilding process. I've followed football for 55 years and I've never seen a team rebuild by drafting WR's. The team has 2 seperate HC's, one for offense and one for defense, another example of just how dysfuntional this franchise is under Ford/Millen. The other cornerstone of this franchise is a 35 year old QB who is a career backup and a great offensive mind in Martz. The team will score some points but Kitna simply isn't good enough to utilize 2 solid WR's and the defense looks to me to be worse than last years. Martz will be looking hard for a new HCing position after next year and Detroit will be back doing nothing.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The Bears will have the usual cakewalk through the division. There really isn't anybody to challenge them. Everybody says Grossman stinks but in reality, it will only be his 2nd year as a starter and he could easily show vast improvement with his added experience. I think he'll be much more consistant and make far fewer mistakes making it even a greater gap between the Bears and the other teams in the division. I don't think Briggs will be the distraction people think he will be, holdouts aren't that unusual in the NFL. Add in Benson who could easily turnout to be better than Jones if he can stay healthy and The Bears may be right back in the Super Bowl.
the difference between fans and those who really follow the game are those who know tht patience is necessary. yeah, grossman's started say, around 20 games now. where was favre after 20 games? manning after 20 games (either of them)? Palmer was the only one i think to have made huge strides after 20 games, same with leinert... It's patience.

Benson can, and i don't think people have given him enough chance, throughout the entire season, he's shown he can make plays, gain four yards, play inside, outside, and if he gets down the field any, he can drop his shoulder and pop DBacks and run them over. Whereas he might not have the same 'production' as jones, he'll accomplish the given goal of the offense. ball control. keep the clock moving. set up the play action pass to give grossman his greatest strength. the deep ball.

As far as Detroit, i hear you that it's two HC's... which isn't the worst thing in the world. But the better question... will Kitna throw for less than he did last year IAC?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
the difference between fans and those who really follow the game are those who know tht patience is necessary. yeah, grossman's started say, around 20 games now. where was favre after 20 games? manning after 20 games (either of them)? Palmer was the only one i think to have made huge strides after 20 games, same with leinert... It's patience.

Benson can, and i don't think people have given him enough chance, throughout the entire season, he's shown he can make plays, gain four yards, play inside, outside, and if he gets down the field any, he can drop his shoulder and pop DBacks and run them over. Whereas he might not have the same 'production' as jones, he'll accomplish the given goal of the offense. ball control. keep the clock moving. set up the play action pass to give grossman his greatest strength. the deep ball.

As far as Detroit, i hear you that it's two HC's... which isn't the worst thing in the world. But the better question... will Kitna throw for less than he did last year IAC?
Kitna will get his 4000 yards but he's terrible in the red zone where his weak arm strength really comes into play. He'll get his yards in Martz's offense but few wins.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a curse but rather a team having to deal with the emotional impact of blowing a lead in the Super Bowl on top of having a Quarterback that everybody takes shots at. I think they're just not going to have a lot of will to play after coming so close and then blowing it. Football is more than a physical game. There's a mental side to it.
I dont think that anyone on the bears really cares that the media takes shots at rex. they took shots at him last year and we still went to the super bowl. and you think there not gonna try as hard this year cause they lost the lead in the SB? come on now, that could just as well motivate them more. i dont think rex is going to get any worse with having more game, playoff, SB, and media experience. no one thinks were gonna go 13-3 but 6-10 come on.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote