Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Lion's fan Here!

The Bears will have the usual cakewalk through the division. There really isn't anybody to challenge them. Everybody says Grossman stinks but in reality, it will only be his 2nd year as a starter and he could easily show vast improvement with his added experience. I think he'll be much more consistant and make far fewer mistakes making it even a greater gap between the Bears and the other teams in the division. I don't think Briggs will be the distraction people think he will be, holdouts aren't that unusual in the NFL. Add in Benson who could easily turnout to be better than Jones if he can stay healthy and The Bears may be right back in the Super Bowl.

Minnesota and Green Bay will fight it out for 2nd place. I choose Minny at this time because I think the loss of Green will be too much for Green Bay to overcome even though they are vastly superior at QB. If by chance, RB proves to be a strength for Green Bay then they will finish second but I just don't see it. Minny in my opinion, took a huge gamble on Peterson, if it works out and he stays healthy, they will have a scary running game to take the pressure off Jackson. I still think Jackson is a year away from showing just how good or bad he will turnout but Peterson will hide a lot until then. Neither team can yet match Chicago's defense.

Finally, Detroit. They have drafted 4 WR's in 5 years as the cornstones of their rebuilding process. I've followed football for 55 years and I've never seen a team rebuild by drafting WR's. The team has 2 seperate HC's, one for offense and one for defense, another example of just how dysfuntional this franchise is under Ford/Millen. The other cornerstone of this franchise is a 35 year old QB who is a career backup and a great offensive mind in Martz. The team will score some points but Kitna simply isn't good enough to utilize 2 solid WR's and the defense looks to me to be worse than last years. Martz will be looking hard for a new HCing position after next year and Detroit will be back doing nothing.
Minnesota doesnt have the WR's,QB or OL that GB has. Hutchinson is good but right now Green Bay has 5 solid starters. Also Green Bay's defense is arguably better

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The packers will win b/c Rex won't be able to get her off his mind and he will choke.. Oh wait..... he already does...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can the Lions be considered " rebuilding" when they never a foundation to begin with? There needs to be a new word for the Lions philososphy, ref******up.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

The packers will win b/c Rex won't be able to get her off his mind and he will choke.. Oh wait..... he already does...
Dang, I dont blame him!

Old 05-12-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That made no sense at all. How does he already choke? College hasn't done much for you has it TT.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Who lost the Super Bowl for you? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has proven to be liability to the team? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who has even more people in the media riding his back now after choking like a punk in the Super Bowl? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman. Who lets the media bother him? Oh yeah, that's right, Rex Grossman.

The guy is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. I'd rather have the revolving door in Miami than have him as my quarterback. At least then I would be losing and knowing it rather than winning and all of the sudden losing because of some dumbass quarterback. Face it, this guy sucks. There is no way to defend him. He's the Lamont Thompson of quarterbacks. Not one good quality.

While Hester is the best return man in the NFL, return men don't win championships. Plus, Super Bowl losers are known to preform far worse in the following season. I'm saying 6-10 because of the hangover and Rex. You'll have fun with a new first round quarterback next year.
Um Rex wasn't the reason why we lost the Super Bowl. The defense was horrid, our OL was bad, and so was our coaching. Nice try though.

Edit: Not one good quality? Very strong arm, good accuracy, quick release, can make all the throws, good leader, good mechanics when he steps into his throws, great deep ball. I'd call those good qualities.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Last edited by sweetness34 : 05-12-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Quarterback

1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

Runningback

1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Packers

Wide Receiver

1. Lions
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Vikings

Tight End

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Vikings

Offensive Line

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Defensive End

1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Vikings

Defensive Tackle

1. Vikings
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Bears

Outside Linebacker

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Vikings

Middle Linebacker

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Cornerback

1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Safety

1. Bears
2. Vikings
3. Packers
4. Lions

Kicker

1. Bears
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Packers

Punter

1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Lions
4. Packers

Kick Returner

1. Bears
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Packers
Nice job Moses.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

oh... I dunno. I have to disagree with the WR part, I'd defiently take the packers wideouts over the bears.

Also, i gotta go with the VIkings as the best RB situation too. AD and Chestor. The bears will mis Thomas dearly.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-12-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That made no sense at all. How does he already choke? College hasn't done much for you has it TT.
Atleased my schooling has taught me that Sexy Rexy is not good Sweetness. Oh snap.

they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Atleased my schooling has taught me that Sexy Rexy is not good Sweetness. Oh snap.
Super What, Super Bowl in his first season as a starter.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Super What, Super Bowl in his first season as a starter.
Yeah, It was Rex Grossman who led the bears to the superbowl alright.

they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lions are on the up, but still last in the division in my opinion. Bears are the favourites in most eyes but i would not bet money on them to take it. I think the Packers could just as easily take the devision, however, they would get raped in the playoffs. The Vikes are realy wildcards, The D is enough to push them to a .500 season, and the running game is a great bases for the O. If TJ and the receivers put up C+ / B- grade play, they can push for a divison title that realy is up for grabs.
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, It was Rex Grossman who led the bears to the superbowl alright.
He was certainly a big part of it. Basically covered the D's ass againt Seattle to get us past the Seahawks. And did pretty damn well against New Orleans.

Indy, well the entire team apart from TJ decided to take the game off.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My ALL-NFC North team (which i think would be cool if they anounced something like this at the end of a season) would go like this.

QB - *Brett Farve*, in a pressure situation - he gets it done.

RB - AD is a rookie and you can't give it to him, however i think he will be the best, Kevin Jones will spend most the season injured, so with that said i give it to *Cedric Benson*

FB - *Tony Richardson* - He was great for Preist and LJ in in Kanas, and he is now doin it fore Minni

WR - *Roy Williams* - Beast

WR - *Donal Driver* - Beast (i hated watching him and Farve pick us apart, but they were awsome.

WR - *Mushin* - CJ, like AD just can't make it as a rookie.

TE - Greg Olsen will be the best, and i think Shiancoe will be a big time dark horse, but the spot goes to *Bubba Franks* Yuk, should be Olsen but i gotta stick to my rule.

LT- *Chad Clifton* - gets the nod over McKinnie and Tait in a heated battle.

LG- *Hutch* - ........

C- *Olin Kreutz* - closley followed by Birk

RG - *Terence Metcalf* - this is keeping everyone in position and not moving across.

RT - *Mark Trauscher*

--D--

DE - Aaron Kampman

DT - Kevin Williams

DT - Tommie Harris - closley followed by Phat Pat

DE - Agouwendlye (SP)

LOLB - Lance Briggs

MLB - Urlacher - maybe Lehman....close ; )

ROLB - AJ Hawk

(notable mentions Ernie Sims, EJ Henderson and Nick Barnett)

CB - Anotine Winfeild (not a homer pick, i just think he is so underated)

FS + SS - Hard to judge so it comes down to Darren Sharper, Mike Brown and Dwight Smith.

CB - Al Harris

(Notable Tillman, Vasher and Woodson)

K - Gould

P - ummmm...

KR/PR - Hester
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

It would go to Desmond CLark if not Olsen.

Its Tauscher, also I'd take Furrey or CJ over any of CHI's WRs

Old 05-12-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He was certainly a big part of it. Basically covered the D's ass againt Seattle to get us past the Seahawks. And did pretty damn well against New Orleans.

Indy, well the entire team apart from TJ decided to take the game off.
He was a bigger part of the bears struggles than he was the bears success.

TJ could be the reason for the Bears struggles this season. Many bears fans believe that Benson will be able to carry the load, but the loss of TJ wil hurt BIG time. He was the best offensive player on the team.

they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
My ALL-NFC North team (which i think would be cool if they anounced something like this at the end of a season) would go like this.
They do that in the Milwaukee news paper, though it doesn't really mean anything.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
He was a bigger part of the bears struggles than he was the bears success.

TJ could be the reason for the Bears struggles this season. Many bears fans believe that Benson will be able to carry the load, but the loss of TJ wil hurt BIG time. He was the best offensive player on the team.
I really don't think it will. That is of course if Cedric can stay healthy. Cedric is a better fit for our running game.k

Rex had about 6 bad games this year (Miami, Arizona, New England, Minnesota, Green Bay, and Indianapolis). The rest of them he was anywhere from pretty good to amazing.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't think it will. That is of course if Cedric can stay healthy. Cedric is a better fit for our running game.k

Rex had about 6 bad games this year (Miami, Arizona, New England, Minnesota, Green Bay, and Indianapolis). The rest of them he was anywhere from pretty good to amazing.
I think it's fairly unnaceptable to be a championship contender and have a quarterback who has 6 bad games a year.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I think it's fairly unnaceptable to be a championship contender and have a quarterback who has 6 bad games a year.
Which just shows how scary we can be if he starts to be consistent.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which just shows how scary we can be if he starts to be consistent.
Or how unintimidating you will be if he doesn't.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
They do that in the Milwaukee news paper, though it doesn't really mean anything.
Did you switch back to your Underwood sig for a little while?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Did you switch back to your Underwood sig for a little while?
Huh? What do you mean switch back?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Huh? What do you mean switch back?
Didn't you have a Weeks sig?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

this is year when rex grossman's bad play will lead them to a bad season