Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Didn't you have a Weeks sig?
I had Rickie for about a week, then went back to Underwood from the draft until now.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I had Rickie for about a week, then went back to Underwood from the draft until now.
Haven't even noticed...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Jagonsucker
Rookie

Jagonsucker needs more cowbell.

Calvin Johnson= OROY
Jagonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonsucker View Post
Calvin Johnson= OROY
I think he'll have a good year, but he still has to compeat with Roy and Fury for balls. I think someone like Marshawn Lynch will get it over him.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Defensive Tackle

1. Vikings
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. Bears
I like you Moses but this is absurd. Who are your defensive tackles again? I'd take Tommie Harris over all of them combined.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I like you Moses but this is absurd. Who are your defensive tackles again? I'd take Tommie Harris over all of them combined.
Ha. Yeah right. Tommie Harris and who?

Hitman D

Last edited by Boston : 05-12-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I struggled a lot with those ratings. It really pained me to put the Bears last but I think that speaks a lot to the talent at DT in the NFC North. It should also be noted that I'm projecting into next season with these rankings.

Packers easily have the most depth at DT and their young guys finally stepped up and performed. Corey Williams proved that he's one of the top pass rushers at the DT position and I feel he's a guy who's pretty underrated. He posted 7 sacks last year (compared to Harris' 5) and really proved that he's a big-time pass rush threat from the interior. I'm not arguing that Williams is better than Harris, I'm just saying the gap isn't that big. Also, guys like Pickett, Harrell, Cole, Jenkins (when he's not playing DE), and Jolly round out a very solid interior. I felt the Bears interior defensive line struggled at times last year and it was a weak point in their defense.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ha. Yeah right. Tommie Harris and who?
Anthony Adams will be a good player in the cover 2 and started for a few years in San Fran. Dusty Dvorack was a 1st day pick last year. Tank Johnson is still a good player when he comes back. Israel Idonije is another, and Alex Brown gets time at DT as well.

I would take our starters over yours (when Tank is available). I would take our backups over yours. This really isn't even a question. You guys can put up some nice sack stats from your D-line and they are impressive, but our D-line is our team, and it's still better than Green Bay's.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Nice job Moses.
Thanks sweetness. I think I did a pretty good job but there were a lot that were really close. Also, some of the special teams may be a bit off because that's an area that I don't know too much about.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
oh... I dunno. I have to disagree with the WR part, I'd defiently take the packers wideouts over the bears.

Also, i gotta go with the VIkings as the best RB situation too. AD and Chestor. The bears will mis Thomas dearly.
Packers only have one wide receiver who I have any real confidence in. Outside of Driver, there is not a single receiver on that team that can be depended on. Sure, Jennings has potential and has shown some flashes, but he's simply not a consistent target yet. This was blatantly apparent last season when Driver was double or even triple teamed. The Packers have a lot of potential at WR but right now that's all it is...potential.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anthony Adams will be a good player in the cover 2 and started for a few years in San Fran. Dusty Dvorack was a 1st day pick last year. Tank Johnson is still a good player when he comes back. Israel Idonije is another, and Alex Brown gets time at DT as well.

I would take our starters over yours (when Tank is available). I would take our backups over yours. This really isn't even a question. You guys can put up some nice sack stats from your D-line and they are impressive, but our D-line is our team, and it's still better than Green Bay's.
Your backups? please, just shut up. Your talking out of your ass now.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers only have one wide receiver who I have any real confidence in. Outside of Driver, there is not a single receiver on that team that can be depended on. Sure, Jennings has potential and has shown some flashes, but he's simply not a consistent target yet. This was blatantly apparent last season when Driver was double or even triple teamed. The Packers have a lot of potential at WR but right now that's all it is...potential.
What's impressive about any of the bears wideouts?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Your backups? please, just shut up. Your talking out of your ass now.
How? Our D-line has been absolutely loaded since Lovie got here. I think y'all have been eating too much cheese.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
We have more than one.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

After reading the team comparisons I have come to the conclusion that the NFC North has some terrible TE play in the division. It has to be the worst in the NFL.

they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
We have more than one.
Ooh. You make jokes now?

Hitman D

Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They're nothing to rave about either but I think that they're a bit more balanced. With the Packers, if you eliminate Driver, it's game-over for the passing game. With the Bears, they have a bit more versatility because both Berrian and Moose are legitimate targets. I think with receivers it's better to have two solid guys than one elite guy because it's tough to get your offence going if your one target is shut down.
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How? Our D-line has been absolutely loaded since Lovie got here. I think y'all have been eating too much cheese.
I agree that your Dline dwarfs ours by for the most part, but to say your backups are better is just BS.

they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
After reading the team comparisons I have come to the conclusion that the NFC North has some terrible TE play in the division. It has to be the worst in the NFL.
I agree. I was looking at the depth charts when I was making my rankings and couldn't help but laugh. Unless Olsen pans out, there really is nothing to get excited about at all.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We have more than one.
Really? Who? DD is better than all of the Bears wideouts by himself. Donald Driver eats peices of **** like the Bears wideouts for breakfest.

they get smoked.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I agree that your Dline dwarfs ours by for the most part, but to say your backups are better is just BS.
Shrug. I'll be honest I'm probably not familiar enough with the wonder that is Collin Cole. They did get some good sack #'s so I could be wrong.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I agree. I was looking at the depth charts when I was making my rankings and couldn't help but laugh. Unless Olsen pans out, there really is nothing to get excited about at all.
Even is Olsen pans out he is still pretty one dimensional. Good player though.

they get smoked.

Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Shrug. I'll be honest I'm probably not familiar enough with the wonder that is Collin Cole. They did get some good sack #'s so I could be wrong.
And I don't think we got the memo on Anthony Anderson.

Hitman D

TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Colin cole is what, 5th on the depth chart now? but yeah, good point.

they get smoked.

bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Really? Who? DD is better than all of the Bears wideouts by himself. Donald Driver eats peices of **** like the Bears wideouts for breakfest.
Bernard Berrian is really good. He's the most underated player on our team hands down.

I would probably give the nod to Packers in terms of WR but some Packer fan had WR/TE with the Packers ahead and that's crazy talk.

Hmmm...Bubba Franks' monkey ass or Greg Olsen and Desmond Clark.