Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Any other places to eat that you guys would recommend? Any places to play some pool or any types of games?
Explore the ballpark to be honest with you. CBP is an amazing place to be if you are a Phillies fan; it's almost like an amusement park, there is so much to do!

I went there for college night (my sister's boyfriend got the tix) and we sat in the crowded 300 section. It was when Gordon blew the save against the Marlins and Bourn got the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. The place was electric.

I recommend starting off with a ballpark hot dog which is pretty much the required thing to do at a ballpark. I recommend Harry the Ks but one thing you have to do is a game. I liked going down Ashburn Alley and went to the place where you throw and see how fast you can go.

-------

Anyway, Adam Eaton has been very solid in back-to-back starts (if this holds up). I was almost on the "Bring Up JA Happ" bandwagon but Eaton is showing the tools that made him such a good prospect in 1996. He's also a pretty good athlete at the plate though that's not really important.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Phils won a very nice series this weekend. I hope they can continue this momentum and get things moving to take back some games from the Braves and Mets ASAP. The team has finished strong the last 2 seasons, but it was always too little, too late. They have to be in striking distance come June to make their move.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Explore the ballpark to be honest with you. CBP is an amazing place to be if you are a Phillies fan; it's almost like an amusement park, there is so much to do!

I went there for college night (my sister's boyfriend got the tix) and we sat in the crowded 300 section. It was when Gordon blew the save against the Marlins and Bourn got the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. The place was electric.

I recommend starting off with a ballpark hot dog which is pretty much the required thing to do at a ballpark. I recommend Harry the Ks but one thing you have to do is a game. I liked going down Ashburn Alley and went to the place where you throw and see how fast you can go.
I'll keep that in mind, and we picked a good night if we want hot dogs. We're going on Monday, and it is dollar dog night.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be at Dolphins Stadium thursday night for Phillies/Marlins game. I should have some sort of live report up on my blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunofamuthaferickin#@%&&!!!!

Quote:
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Effing Dobbs

Old 05-23-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I was really really upset there. Glad the Phils came back to win, but I was homicidal for a half an inning.

Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone local in Philly have any information about Myers' injury? I couldn't watch the game last night, and the ESPN Bottom Line said he left in the 9th.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-24-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strained right shoulder was the initial prognosis, he's getting/got an MRI today, should hear exactly what happened tomorrow. Hopefully it's only a strain, Myers said he didn't feel anything tear, it just felt "weird."
Old 05-25-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

They'll probably put Myers on the DL just in case. He needs to strengthen the shoulder regardless, and he has to get his pitching motion back. I'd rather shelve him for 15 days and have him healthy.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I did see when he actually hurt himself last night on the news, they replayed it(not sure if they showed it on ESPN or not), and it looked pretty painful for him. But like you said, and they said he most likely will go on the DL anyway.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
They'll probably put Myers on the DL just in case. He needs to strengthen the shoulder regardless, and he has to get his pitching motion back. I'd rather shelve him for 15 days and have him healthy.
i agree completely. the only problem i have is...whos our closer then? alfonseca? madson? geary? i dont really trust any of them. i would much rather go for a closer-by-committee for a couple weeks than be without gordon and myers for a long period of time.

on a side note, barajas needs to go...NOW. he blew two games in a row with HORRIBLE defensive plays at the plate. i dont know if he is considered an offensive or defensive minded player but he hasnt been effective at either this year. i really didnt like this signing when it happened and i like it even less right now. i just see no reason to keep this guy on as ruiz has proven to be better than him at the plate and in the field and at this point id rather keep coste on the active roster because we already know what he can do off the bench with limited playing time. it seems like the only time barajas does anything half-decent is when he can start a couple days in a row. a decision will have to be made soon as howard is set to be activated shortly and i would much rather see us designate barajas for assignment than option coste back down. maybe we can even get lucky and someone will take barajas' contract (maybe even get a prospect?) and we wont even have to pay him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Many of the baseball analysts out there are saying that until Gordon and Myers get back, Alfonseca, Madsen, and Geary are going to split closing duties. It's going to be quite the trainwreck, I think. Guess we can kiss the playoffs goodbye unless we score 9 runs a game.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

No one is going to take Rod Barajas give the Phillies even a mediocre backstop in return. Barajas has had a good career by being a marginal hitter and exceptional defender but he has really proven none of that so far in his Phillies tenure. Coste hasn't really proved much outside of last year, so we will have to see if pitchers catch up to him with another season but I'd much rather have him up than Barajas.

But I think the Phillies are just waiting until Jason Jaramillo is ready, he has little bat but he's a great defender. People compare him to a poor man's Jayson Varitek for what it's worth.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they could still bring up Chris Coste who was pretty good last year

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Coste is a solid contact hitter, but I am weary to see if he was a flash in the pan or not. He did have a good game in his lone start of the year, but apparently the investment in BarajASS is too much.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coste is a solid contact hitter, but I am weary to see if he was a flash in the pan or not. He did have a good game in his lone start of the year, but apparently the investment in BarajASS is too much.
I must say his signing was a head scratcher, as I liked Coste and Ruiz a lot. But what I have heard is Barajas is one who can handle pitchers and batters really well, and he has tons of experience, so that may be a reason the Phils signed him. Its not like we payed him big money either, but I still wish we would have kept Coste in the majors, he was a favorite of mine last year.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No one is going to take Rod Barajas give the Phillies even a mediocre backstop in return. Barajas has had a good career by being a marginal hitter and exceptional defender but he has really proven none of that so far in his Phillies tenure. Coste hasn't really proved much outside of last year, so we will have to see if pitchers catch up to him with another season but I'd much rather have him up than Barajas.

But I think the Phillies are just waiting until Jason Jaramillo is ready, he has little bat but he's a great defender. People compare him to a poor man's Jayson Varitek for what it's worth.
I like what we have gotten out of Ruiz, and think that Jaramillo has the capability to be a good catcher for the Phils. Anyone know how long the contract for Barajas was? If it was short, it would make a little more sense that a long one, considering what we have at catcher throughout the organization.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

SWEEP! We are gaining ground on the Braves, now only if the Mets could lose a few and the Phils keep up this pace. It seems as if Howard is back and most importantly, healthy. Two dingers really makes me happy. The whole lineup did well today. Lets just hope they save some runs for tomorrow, I want to see the Phils win for my first Phils game in person.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Braves were playing over their heads for much of this year. The Phils got hot at the right point and hit the Braves at the right time. Good wins this weekend, but it was a long time coming. Glad Howard is back and on track. The lineup is looking awesome.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

With Howard back in the lineup, it just seems more complete, and you don't even need to look at production, you just know it will be better.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the lineup finally coming together and back on track, lets just hope that bullpen can hold up for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I like what we have gotten out of Ruiz, and think that Jaramillo has the capability to be a good catcher for the Phils. Anyone know how long the contract for Barajas was? If it was short, it would make a little more sense that a long one, considering what we have at catcher throughout the organization.

I believe it was a short-term deal, one or two years.

I too am impressed with Carlos Ruiz. He has blossomed as a legitimate threat batting and has done a good job behind the plate. Jaramillo just needs to slightly improve his hitting to a .255ish clip and then we'll see him in the Majors in no time. He's really the only player in AAA (sans maybe Happ and Segovia) that is a legitimate prospect. All the Drabeks, Carrascos, Cardenas, D'Arby Meyers, Golsons, etc. are down in A ball.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Phillies are woefully bankrupt in terms of AAA talent. They have a bunch of A/AA prospects, but these guys need to develop. If there is a rash of injuries, they don't have much ammo to make a big trade, and there is no one really in the minors who can step in and play. This is a big problem, but given the homegrown talent (Howard, Utley, Rollins, Burrell, Victorino, Bourn, Ruiz, Hamels, Myers, Geary, and Madsen), I guess it's still okay for them to have a bit of a gap.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I do have high hopes for Scott Mathiesen, though. If you recall, he was another solid prospect who had Tommy John surgery last year. He should be back throwing next season, but he could step in. Baseball America is touting Mathiesen as a potential closer of the future if the team decides to switch Myers back to starting.