Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default David Givens

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70510028/1027

Quote:
Givens not optimistic about start of the season

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

During the course of the offseason, the Titans have expressed optimism every time anyone has asked about the chances of receiver David Givens being ready for the start of the season.

On Thursday, Givens gave a more realistic account.

Givens revealed he had a second surgery on his left knee roughly six weeks ago, and said his recovery has been slower than he expected.

My expectations are to be back at some time this season, I dont know exactly when, Givens said. It is kind of a week-to-week thing right now. When I can start doing some pounding on it, Ill have a better idea at that time.

Givens suffered a torn left ACL last season, but he also broke the femur, which needed to be repaired with bone plugs, and also suffered a torn meniscus. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said last month he was hopeful Givens might be back for the start of the season.

Givens said he was using a cane up until two weeks ago.
That's not good. I thought all along he was gonna be put on the PUP list, though. The starting WR opposite BJones is wide open now. Time to see who wants it more. With the number of receivers we have, you better either step up or you're in real danger of being cut.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see it going to our 3rd rounder (cant remember his name)
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i see it going to our 3rd rounder (cant remember his name)
Paul Williams, Givens is looking like our next FA WR bust..... :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we keep the current roster, I'm going to guess Roby gets the #2. At least it's been said he'll get more opporitunities. But I kinda hope we'll rotate wr's so much that it'll be somewhat of an open competition on Sundays.

A healthy Ben Troupe can be a big help to the passing game. Man it'd be great if he puts up the #'s we expect this year.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
If we keep the current roster, I'm going to guess Roby gets the #2. At least it's been said he'll get more opporitunities. But I kinda hope we'll rotate wr's so much that it'll be somewhat of an open competition on Sundays.

A healthy Ben Troupe can be a big help to the passing game. Man it'd be great if he puts up the #'s we expect this year.
No doubt. This is the year that Troupe HAS to step up. I thought the year before last he did pretty good, 55 receptions or something like that, now he needs to replicate that season, but throw in a few more big plays.

Coaches have seemed to be talking alot about Chris Henry as a receiver out of the backfield, so even if he doesn't pan out as a runner (hope he does), it seems that at least he can be a versatile guy that can make some catches.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Davis has a chance to start for you guys, and be a huge threat in the return game.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Chris Davis has a chance to start for you guys, and be a huge threat in the return game.
I don't think he'll end up starting, but he has a legit chance to get alot of work in the slot. I'd say he and Courtney Roby are the top 2 candidates for the slot receiver.

I think Roydell is the darkhorse to be the starter.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a true shame about Givens. Of all the guys who left the Pats I miss him the most. He was such a stand up competitor. He will never be an all-pro but he was good at everything. I hope he bounces back for you. I would have loved to see him stay in NE and let Branch go from the beginning. Maybe he would be wishing that in hindsight as well.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

It was such a weird injury too. I can't believe he tore his ACL, meniscus, and broke his femur without any contact at all and without even making a cut.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
It was such a weird injury too. I can't believe he tore his ACL, meniscus, and broke his femur without any contact at all and without even making a cut.
How'd Givens get injured?