Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC West

Best off-season move- Denver added a bunch of talent, Graham, Henry, Bly.

Worst off season move- KC just lost another HOF on the O-line and didn’t really address the O-line this off-season like I thought they would.

Best Draft- Raiders, Drafted a franchise QB, got Zach Miller who will start a TE and could have steals with Moses and Bush.

Most Important Player- LT

Most Improved Player- Jay Cutler, he will most likely lead them to the playoffs.

Hot Seat- Norv Turner, Norv has one of the most talented teams in the league. He can't possibly mess this up or can he?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC South:

Best Off-season Move: The Saints picking up a starting corner in Jason David and only giving up a 4th round pick to do so.

Worst Off-season Move: Carolina releasing Keyshawn Johnson -- I love Dwayne Jarrett but I think he's going to stuggle in his rookie season basically leaving Steve Smith as a one-man show.

Best Draft: Atlanta Falcons. Their first three picks were absolutely sickening (even though I'm not high on Jamaal Anderson). I thought they had an incredible draft all the way through.

Most Important Player: Drew Brees. Michael Vick is a close, close second.

Most Improved Player: Hmm. Good question. I'm going to go with Thomas David from the Panthers.

Hot Seat: Jon Gruden.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFC South:

Best off-season move: Tampa Bay signing Cato June, the perfect system linebacker for the Cover2
***addition*** Carolina Panthers signing David Carr

Worst off-season move: Carolina letting Keyshawn walk when he would have been a great #2 still and would have showed a younger version of himself the ropes. (Steve can't show him everything because their styles are SO different)

Best Draft: Atlanta-the reason I give the Birds the edge here is they didn't reach for a prospect in the first round. Beason will flop in the NFL and will not be able to keep up. Anderson has potential to bust, but the more you look at his ability to rush the passer and how he's learned as much as he has in only 3 years, he has Hall of Fame potential IF he can stay healthy, and IF he continues to learn at this rate. Falcons got atLEAST 9 players in the draft who will make the team, but more than likely all 11 will end up on the opening day roster. 11/53 players...that's pretty impressive from 1 draft (even if some of them aren't great players, a draft where you can get that much depth helps build a franchise) Not to mention ATL's first 3 picks are day 1 starters, then with steals like David Irons (possible Nickel corner) and the guys they got who will contribute on Special Teams...wow.

Worst Draft - Tampa Bay - landing only 1 real big playmaker in Gaines Adams, who many feel was one of the safest picks in the draft, but after that they were gambling like crazy. They got a couple players I was SUPER high on as mid-late round guys who could come in and work their way into starting positions, but they went after them in rounds 2 and 3. Sabby in round 2? What? Black in round 3? What? I mean those guys I LOVE, but where they were selected boggles my mind as to what their draft board must have looked like. Don't get me wrong, they still had a very good draft, prolly a solid B- but when you compare it with the rest of the NFC South...they fall a little short. (But New Orleans was JUST ahead of them)

Most Important Player - C'mon Brees all the way.

Most Improved Player - Michael Boley - 2 years ago was a 5th round pick, he had a great season last year, and is poised to set the world on fire now. (I know it's kinda homerish, but it's my prediction to see him in Hawaii)

Hot Seat - Jon Gruden - he came in there and won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team, and he's been a rollercoaster ever since...if he doesn't bring back some stability, which he didn't do with this draft, then we could be seeing Chucky elsewhere. Not that he's not a good coach, he just hasn't ever really seemed to fit in Tampa to me...not with this version of he Bucs anyway.

Team who made the most improvement overall...has to be Atlanta or Tampa only because they had the most improvement to do, but Carolina really helped themselves too. NFC South looks like it's going to be a tough division yet again this year, and its stacking up to be whoever wins that division is going to be playing the NFC Championship game every year for a very VERY long time. I realize that in this bit I didn't mention the Saints, I think they were mostly silent this year, but improved themselves with their drafting of more weapons for Brees, but didn't have to do much splashing around to do it. This is a solid team that's pretty scary.

Last edited by iloxygenil : 05-10-2007 at 09:51 PM.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC WEST

Best off-season move- niners getting darrell jackson for a fourth rounder

Worst off season move- seahawks giving up darrell jackson for a fourth rounder

Best Draft-niners, filled almost all of their needs

Most Important Player- shaun alexander, the seahawks can't really do anything offensively without shaun on the field

Most Improved Player- alex smith, came off of a shaky rookie campaign to emerge as somewhat of a leader

Hot Seat- matt leinart, dubbed "pro-ready" coming out of college and didn't do anything his rookie year even with the multitude of weapons at his disposal

ya, kinda homer for the niners but that is how i see it
Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Yeah, so what, they got the best player out of anyone else in the division. What does that count for?

I think sometimes as draft fans we get too caught up in who got great steals and value for each pick, but in a division where I don't think anyone's draft was all that good the Redskins got a guy who'll start right away and should be very good for many years. I didn't say they had the deepest draft, just the best one. Dude.
Actually, we dont really know who got the best player in the division for all we know there is another Colston out there. With your logic essentially the team with the first pick will always have the best draft, or atleast better drafts than teams picking later in the draft (which btw is awful logic). I would say the redskins had by far the worst draft simply because they only had one first day pick. Overall it is impossible to rate a draft this early anyhow and it is complete silliness to do so. 50% of first round picks bust anyhow
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC SOUTH

Best off-season move - Atlanta getting a ton of picks for a back-up QB, and then getting a decent backup QB in Harrington

Worst off season move - Panthers cutting Keyshawn Johnson, congartulations Carolina, you now have to hope that Jarett can transition to the pro's in less than a year instead of letting him be the third wide-out and learn behind Keyshawn.

Best Draft- Carolina, no doubt.

Most Important Player - Drew Brees, I don't want to see NO play without him, it would be scary.

Most Improved Player - Most improved player this year or last year? I'm going to say that would be Marques Colsten from last year... It's a weird selection, but he was a nobody before the season started last year, and now he is a big name Receiver. If it is who do I think will improve the most, then I have to go with Micheal Vick... Just because it's hard to do any worse with the talent he has.

Hot Seat- Coach - John Gruden... Player - Jake Dellhome

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North

Call it homerism, I don't care I'll be 100% honest.

Best off-season move - Browns getting Eric Steinbach which helps the offensive line a ton.

Worst off season move - There weren't really any bad moves this offseason for teams in the North, so I am going to go a different direction here and say that Chris Henry getting suspended for 8 games was the worst thing for the division.

Best Draft - Cleveland Browns, followed by Pittsburgh.

Most Important Player - Carson Palmer, he goes down their entire game plan is ruined.

Most Improved Player - Braylon Edwards will improve the most this year (He better...) last year most improved player had to have been Sean Jones, who was worthy of a pro-bowl selection.

Hot Seat- Coach - Romeo Crennel or Marvin Lewis. Player - Charlie Frye (I don't see anyone else in the division that has more eyes on him to succeed or fail and get replaced as soon as he fails.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC West

Best Move - Denver getting Bly to go opposite Champ Bailey also Oakland dumping Moss was a good move for them

Worst move - Chiefs not addressing OL on Day 1 in the draft especially after Shields retired

Best Draft - Oakland very solid all around draft

Most Important Player - Larry Johnson can he remain productive again with another makeshift offensive line?

Most Improved Player - Tony Sheffler he will have a breakout year and become Cutler's favorite go to guy in the red zone

Hot Seat - Norv Turner If he fails with the Chargers he will never get another head coaching job again
Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
NFC WEST

Best off-season move- niners getting darrell jackson for a fourth rounder

Worst off season move- seahawks giving up darrell jackson for a fourth rounder

Best Draft-niners, filled almost all of their needs

Most Important Player- shaun alexander, the seahawks can't really do anything offensively without shaun on the field

Most Improved Player- alex smith, came off of a shaky rookie campaign to emerge as somewhat of a leader

Hot Seat- matt leinart, dubbed "pro-ready" coming out of college and didn't do anything his rookie year even with the multitude of weapons at his disposal

ya, kinda homer for the niners but that is how i see it
wow complete homerism, Leinart seemed to do alot better than Smith did in his rookie year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
wow complete homerism, Leinart seemed to do alot better than Smith did in his rookie year

I'm going to have to agree. To add to Leinart NOT being on the hotseat, the Arizona Cardinals recognized offensive line as such as far and away biggest need they had that they were prepared to drafted an offensive tackle in the second round AFTER TAKING LEVI BROWN #5!!!!!
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thought i'd try to do this without being a homer

NFC West

Best off-season move - Arizona's new coaching staff, it appears to be one of the best in the NFL now with 4 people who interviewed for head coaching spots

Worst off season move - signing Nate Clements to a 8 year 80 million dollar deal, not even Bailey is worth that kind of money

Best Draft - Tie. Arizona Cardinals(Brown & Branch) & San Fransisco 49ers (Willis & Staley)

Most Important Player - Frank Gore, if he has a good season the 49ers very well could make the playoffs, if he has a bad one, all the pressure is on Smith and they could end up dead last

Most Improved Player - Matt Leinart, with a better line and all of the weapons at his disposal its a pretty safe bet that he is going to improve , especially if they get a running game going like they did in the last 6 games or so

Hot Seat- Coach - really no one, the closest to being on the hot seat might be the Seahawks just because it seems they are becoming complacent
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best offseason Move: Raiders getting rid of Randy Moss
Worst Offseaon Move: Broncos releasing Al Wilson
Best Draft: Raiders
Best Player: LT
Most Improved: Jay Cutler/Jerry Porter
Hot Seat: Norv Turner

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North
Best offseason move - Ravens trading for McGahee.

Worst offseason move - Steelers coaching selections/releasing Porter

Best Draft - Browns, even though Brady Quinn = Joey Harrington ;)

Most Important Player - Carson Palmer. We live and die by his arm.

Most Improved Player - I want to be a homer and say Johnathan Joseph, but I'll go with Kamerion Whimbley. 11 sacks in his first year as a linebacker, he will get at least that again this year.

Hot Seat - If the Browns don't crack .500 this year, Crennel is done.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFC WEST

Best off-season move- Arizona coaches

Worst off season move- Seahawks trading Darrell Jackson to 49ers for 4th Rd pick

Best Draft- 49ers/Cardinals Both pretty solid

Most Important Player- Gore/Edge/Alexander/SJax

Most Improved Player- Alex Smith/Matt Leinart

Hot Seat- None really. Maybe Holmgren if they do bad.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

NFC West:

Best Offseason Move: Ken Whisenhunt's hiring of Russ Grimm-- the perfect guy to fix Arizona's biggest flaw, the OL.

Worst Offseason Move: Seahawks trading Darrell Jackson to a division rival.

Best Draft: 49ers. Great first day picks, with the acquisition of Jackson on Day 2.

Most Important Player: Frank Gore. No one player is as important to an offense in the West as Gore is to the Niners. A checkered injury history makes this a somewhat scary proposition.

Most Improved Player: Steven Jackson. Jackson turned into the All Pro RB Rams fans were waiting for last year. Right up there with Vernon Davis as perhaps the most physically gifted player in the division, combining size, speed, agility, and now toughness into a fantastic package at RB.

Hot Seat: It's got to be Alex Smith. The first overall pick in '05 is entering his all important 3rd year, and although he will be working with his third offensive coordinator in three years, he is running the same system in consecutive years for the first time in his career. Smith doesn't need to light the world on fire, but any regression would be a very bad sign.

Hot Seat Honorable Mention: Bill Bidwell. True, owners can't be fired, but after firing Denny Green and handing the reigns of a talented roster over to Ken Whisenhunt, we're about to see just how much hope Cards fans should have for the future. If Whisenhunt can't succeed in Arizona with his coaching pedigree and the foundation he has, there may be no hope for the future at all.

Best Under the Radar Move: Rams FA. Signings of Bennet, Draft, and McMichael all addressed needs with proven commodities.

Honorable Mention for Best Under the Radar: Seahawks hiring of Jim Mora, Jr. Mora has HC experience and could be Holmgren's heir apparent in Seattle. He was saddled with a lot of expectations and a difficult QB in Atlanta, and could thrive in Seattle down the line. For now, he's almost overqualified to be a mere secondary coach.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC North

Best Move: I'm also going to say the Ravens trading for Willis Mcgahee
Worst Move: The Steelers hiring Mike Tomlin, I'm not sold on him yet
Best Player: Carson Palmer or Willis
Most Improved:Sean Jones
Best Draft: Brwons/Ravens
On The Hot Seat: Romeo Cranell

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC EAST

Best off-season move- pats getting Moss for a 4th rounder. There have been a few really good moves in this division this offseason. Jets getting jones, pats getting a number of wr, pats getting thomas, but getting randy moss for a 4th rounder is the move of the NFL offseason. They gave up nearly nothing to get a guy who could be a complete game breaker and make that offense nearly unstoppable. Its boom or no bust in that deal.

Worst off season move- the dolphins not drafting brady quinn. If the dolphins really wanted ginn, they should have done as the browns did do, and package culpepper and some picks to get back into the 1st round and pick up quinn.

Best Draft- best pure draft, jets. best draft day weekend, pats.

Most Important Player- hmm...its a tossup between daunte culpepper and thomas jones. If culpepper can return to form, the dolphins could force thenselves into the 2 team race for the division that now looks to be only between the jets and pats. if jones can push 4.4 ypc and 1400-1500 yards, which i think he could do, then that is the jets only hope to catch the pats this year.

Most Improved Player- JP losman. he came strong at the end of last year and has a young rookie at running back. so it is going to be up to losman to carry the load and i think he will finally break through and do it. I see him pushing for a pro bowl.

Hot Seat- Dolphins management. As long as their QB struggles and if ginn isnt as good as devin hester, the fans and media will remember they skipped the franchise QB everyone thought they should take.

Division Winner- NY jets

AFC NORTH

Best off-season move- Cleveland browns. while it might now show now, this could be like 2004 for the chargers where they had a offseason with young players who they had turn thim into a top team e few years later.

Worst off season move- The steelers whole offseason. They lost the headcoach that was the face of the modern day steelers. Now they have lost and nearly lost veterans, porter/faneca, putting a bad attitude in the locker room and sending bad messages to younger players.

Best Draft- Browns, if they are not in the top 10 draft picks next year, this was and incredible draft because quinn is a top 10 QB. To get their franchise QB and LT in the same draft could make a hell of a combo for a decade.

Most Important Player- steve mcnair/ray lewis. The ravens will be the class of this division but they are still getting older every year. The ravens need their two generals to stay on the feild and be the glue for the offense and defense respectively.

Most Improved Player- ben rothlisberger will begin returning to form, so him if you count that. most improved from what can be expected, braylon edwards. He is going to have a very big season putting himself towards the upper echelon of wr.

Hot Seat- cinncinati police. If the begals have another off the feild season like last year, we might not even recognize half the players they have available to play after goodels suspensions.

Division Winner- Ravens

AFC SOUTH

Best off-season move- the texans drafting okoye. The dline that is being built down in Houston is going to be scary. Williams didnt live up to potential last year due to many factors. With those out of the way and okoye next to him, their will not be enough blockers to stop them. expect 12-15 sacks from mario this year, and okoye to be a starter from game 1.

Worst off season move- the suspension of pacman jones. The titans outplayed their ability last year and built up expectations. Now they gave young no help on offense and they lost their best corner and return man. could make them contend for the first pick in the draft.

Best Draft- i think the colts, jags, and texans all had equally strong drafts this year. I think okoye will be the most impactful player from all those picks though so i will go with the texans.

Most Important Player- Peyton Manning. It will be peyton manning every year he runs that offense the way he does.

Most Improved Player- Mario Williams, byron leftwich. Mario will show #1 overall pick value this year now that he had an offseason to work on technique and putting okoye next to him. Leftwich is going to be a very good QB this year and then leave the jags in the offseason after they have horribly mishandled him.

Hot Seat- Jack Del Rio. The jags have been a scary team for awhile now and havent made a real push or seemed like you couldnt steal a game pretty easy from them. He needs to bring them together this year. a playoff run is a must before grumbling starts.

Division Winner- Colts

AFC WEST

Best off-season move- The Broncos aquiring bly. After darrent williams unfortunate shooting, i was expecting a bad offseason for the broncos. They are going to start next season in better shape than they ended the last one though. Both broncos corners could push 10 interceptions this year. Scary coverage.

Worst off season move- The raiders drafting russel and then trading moss. The one perk, to me, of taking russel over the more highly rated (by me) CJ, and Thomas, was throwing the longball to moss and porter. Instead the raiders got raped by the pats and have a QB taking the field alone as a rookie. not a good sign.

Best Draft- The raiders. Overlooking the moss trade blunder, the raiders got pretty good value and potential starters all throughout the draft.

Most Important Player- Jay cutler. If the broncos are to challenge the chargers, then cutler is going to have to play beyond his experience.

Most Improved Player- Phillip Rivers. Now with a whole season under his belt, rivers is going to emerge as a sure thing top 5 QB in the league.

Hot Seat- Larry Johnson. He is going to have alot of question of whether he will drop off this season after the carries he had in the previous season. He will have eyes on him for no reason other than the fear of other running backs failure.

Division Winner- Broncos

NFC EAST

Best off-season move- im not crazy about any of these teams offseasons. I will say the best move was the cowboys aquiring the browns first rounder next year. could be a high pick in a better draft.

Worst off season move- the eagles showing no confidence in mcnabb. Mcnabb, who has had to carry the team for years, now goes into the season feeling unappreciated. not a good thing.

Best Draft- Eagles. i like abrimiri and hunt added to this team. I also like kolb in a pure talent context.

Most Important Player- Eli Manning. Now with Tiki gone the whole offense falls on his shoulders. he has potential and high expectations. could be a make or break year for him.

Most Improved Player- Demarcus Ware. Wade phillips is going to quickly turn him into a merriman clone.

Hot Seat- Tony Tomo. He went from on top of the world to crawling under a rock in a matter of weeks. How he performs this year will forge people opinion of him and the direction the cowboys take.

Division Winner- Dallas Cowboys

NFC NORTH

Best off-season move- The lions draft. The lions got alot of really good players in the trade and they are possibly going to be loaded at some point and they addressed all their glaring needs.

Worst off season move- The packers not putting anything on offense around brett favre. With no idea how long favre will stay, the packers should be loading their offense with talent to give favre and chance and to prepare for when he is gone.

Best Draft- Viking and lions tie. I think overall talent wise the vikings got more. the lions got nearly as much and dont have a huge question mark on their depth chart like the vikings due.

Most Important Player- Brian Urlacher. The bears offseason and offense is in turmoil. If they are to stay at the top of their division, they need urlacher to keep it all together on the defense.

Most Improved Player- Cedric Benson. Now that he will be the clear cut number one guy on that team. he will be a 1200 yard back.

Hot Seat- Rex Grossman of course. If he doesnt put together a season of consistency this year. dont expect to see him still starting next year.

Division Winner- Bears

NFC SOUTH

Best off-season move- Panthers contract extension of steve smith. in a move that didnt get an overwhelming amount of attention, the panthers locked up the nfls top WR through his prime.

Worst off season move- THe falcons QB situation. They got rid of shaub and almost immediately the news have been pouring out negative information amount mike vick. it could get ugly in the atl.

Best Draft- The panthers and falcons both had equall great drafts. However, the falcons had to give up shaub to get their picks, while the panthers moved back and still got their guys, so the panthers get the nod from me.

Most Important Player- duece. the saints offense could be the class of the nfl this year but duece is the non flashy one who makes it all go. He has to keep the defense honest from playing the middle soft.

Most Improved Player- cadillac williams. Return to rookie form for the cadillac.

Hot Seat- Mike Vick. Never lived up to his expectations, hes not a young guy anymore, and seems to be getting more immature.

Division Winner- Panthers.

NFC WEST

Best off-season move- 49ers getting nate clements. They are making progress as a young improving team and were aggressive and got themselves a shutdown corner.

Worst off season move- The seahawks really being the only team who did nothing to improve themselves. In what was once the easiest gimmie division in football the hawks have stood still and allowed everyone to catch up to them.

Best Draft- 49ers. 4 potential starters for them from this draft including the best LB.

Most Important Player- Edgerrin James. If the cards finally are the surprise team they have been expected to be for the past several years, edge needs to be the runner he used to be.

Most Improved Player- vernon davis. after the injury his rookie year, davis will be a top 3 te by years end.

Hot Seat- Levi brown. The cards have been a line away from being contenders for years. They reached for the guy who is supposed to fix that in the draft and the results will speak for themselves.

Division Winner- Rams.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

AFC SOUTH

Best off-season move- Houston, trading for Matt Schaub

Worst off season move- The Colts not drafting defense with their first two picks...

Best Draft- the Colts and Jags had equally good drafts...

Most Important Player- Peyton Manning

Most Improved Player- Byron Leftwich

Hot Seat- Jack Del Rio
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
NFC East

Best off-season move- Ken Hamlin, subtle yet solid move.
Worst off season move-Skins not getting a D-lineman.

Best Draft- Eagles

Most Important Player- Donovan McNabb

Most Improved Player - Jason Campbell

Hot Seat- Eli Manning-Bad Season and all of the bust chants will begin.

homer/anti giants

Best Offseason move- London Fletcher. Skins got a very productive player who still has some left in the tank imo.

worst offseason move- Dallas signing Leonard Davis to a huge contract I suppose. Although there wasnt really anything that terrible.

Best Draft- Giants. Solid all the way through. Giants had a great day 2. I would say Dallas had a better draft, but I am not considering the 2008 draft pick right now.

Most Important Player- Tony Romo. He kind of makes or breaks the Cowboys offense, and is still an unknown. They dont have the kind of running game that can make up for it if Romo doesnt come through.

Most improved player- Eli Manning. he now has some good targets to throw to. I expect a lot of improvement from him. He had an 89 QB rating in the first 8 games before his LT and WR got injured week 9.

Hot Seat- Donovan Mcnabb. if he has trouble coming back from the injury, or gets injured again, it could be the end for him in Philly.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC South

Best offseason move - Saints giving up a 4th for Jason David. Yea yea yea, he isnt a premier corner but he is a starter and a Super Bowl Champ. He opened the draft up for the Saints to pick the best player available and pick up a dangerous WR in Meachem.

Close 2nd - The Saints letting Joe Horn walk. He was demanding WAY too much money for little production and constant injuries. Besides, the WR class was very deep so they could afford to let him go. Who cares that he went to Atlanta, he wont get a chance to catch the ball with Vick throwing to him.

Worst offseason move - Atlanta trading away the only real QB they had. Vick is a joke, will never win games. He got the coach fired, has a terrible QB rating and has dog fights in his back yard. Who knows if Goodell will even let him play this season?

Best Draft - Carolina. Beason will be a beast and will take over for Morgan when he has another concussion. Jarrett will compliment Steve Smith very well, taking the under routes and letting Smith run around like crazy. Kalil should start as he was prob the best inside olineman in the draft. The rest im not familiar with so o well.

Most important player - The Saints oline. If they play as good or improve how they played last year the Saints will dominate the division again. They allowed minimal sacks and Jammal Brown was an All Pro. Any improvement will be scary for all other teams in the South.

Most improved player - Reggie Bush. He finally got acclimated to the pros late in the year and the sky is the limit. The way Peyton puts him in situations to score every play should scare every team in the league. He will only improve and that makes me very happy.

Hot Seat - Mike Vick. I know Blank says this is Vicks team and I know Petrino says this is Vicks team but who can really trust the guy? He has terrible accuracy, terrible decision making abilities, and and terrible WR core. Sure, he can run but thats what the HBs are for.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
homer/anti giants

Best Offseason move- London Fletcher. Skins got a very productive player who still has some left in the tank imo.

worst offseason move- Dallas signing Leonard Davis to a huge contract I suppose. Although there wasnt really anything that terrible.

Best Draft- Giants. Solid all the way through. Giants had a great day 2. I would say Dallas had a better draft, but I am not considering the 2008 draft pick right now.

Most Important Player- Tony Romo. He kind of makes or breaks the Cowboys offense, and is still an unknown. They dont have the kind of running game that can make up for it if Romo doesnt come through.

Most improved player- Eli Manning. he now has some good targets to throw to. I expect a lot of improvement from him. He had an 89 QB rating in the first 8 games before his LT and WR got injured week 9.

Hot Seat- Donovan Mcnabb. if he has trouble coming back from the injury, or gets injured again, it could be the end for him in Philly.
Sometimes I think you try to sound like a complete idiot.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
NFC South

Best offseason move - Saints giving up a 4th for Jason David. Yea yea yea, he isnt a premier corner but he is a starter and a Super Bowl Champ. He opened the draft up for the Saints to pick the best player available and pick up a dangerous WR in Meachem.

Close 2nd - The Saints letting Joe Horn walk. He was demanding WAY too much money for little production and constant injuries. Besides, the WR class was very deep so they could afford to let him go. Who cares that he went to Atlanta, he wont get a chance to catch the ball with Vick throwing to him.

Worst offseason move - Atlanta trading away the only real QB they had. Vick is a joke, will never win games. He got the coach fired, has a terrible QB rating and has dog fights in his back yard. Who knows if Goodell will even let him play this season?

Best Draft - Carolina. Beason will be a beast and will take over for Morgan when he has another concussion. Jarrett will compliment Steve Smith very well, taking the under routes and letting Smith run around like crazy. Kalil should start as he was prob the best inside olineman in the draft. The rest im not familiar with so o well.

Most important player - The Saints oline. If they play as good or improve how they played last year the Saints will dominate the division again. They allowed minimal sacks and Jammal Brown was an All Pro. Any improvement will be scary for all other teams in the South.

Most improved player - Reggie Bush. He finally got acclimated to the pros late in the year and the sky is the limit. The way Peyton puts him in situations to score every play should scare every team in the league. He will only improve and that makes me very happy.

Hot Seat - Mike Vick. I know Blank says this is Vicks team and I know Petrino says this is Vicks team but who can really trust the guy? He has terrible accuracy, terrible decision making abilities, and and terrible WR core. Sure, he can run but thats what the HBs are for.
Pretty homer-esque if I do say so myself. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC North:

Best Move: Ravens Picking Up Willis McGahee
Worst Move: Joey Porter Getting Cut
Best Draft: Browns, 2 Future Studs
Important Player: Steve McNair, blew the Ravens up in the playoffs last year. HAS to do better this season.
Most Imporved: Braylon Edwards, with a new QB
Hot Seat: Romeo Crennel ( Not really, but couldn't find any other person)

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
This is for Whole divisions people. Have your answers come with some meat (not just one name)

NFC SOUTH

Best off-season move- ATL getting Joe Horn it gives them someone that they can depend on and help the young WR's

Worst off season move- ATL for trading Matt Schaub, now you put all your eggs in one basket. That being Mick Vick and he might not even play

Best Draft- I like TB (i know homer) but we upgraded your D and got younger where guy's will be leaveing soon.

Most Important Player- This can be one name Drew Brees

Most Improved Player- Its players but the TB o-line (again with the homer pick) but the young guys have played a little bit and Big Luke will help them if he can stay on the field.

Hot Seat- Jon Fox if his team does not win 10-12 games and deep in the playoffs, he is done!!!
Chucky is on a hotter seat than Fox IMO.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC NORTH
Best Move: DET getting Tatum
Worst Move: Green Bay not getting Randy Moss
Best Draft: DET
Important Player: Brett Favre, hes going into his last year and the team will have to rally around him.
Most Improved: Jon Kitna. Less picks, more yards and TD's
Hot Seat: Rex Grossman

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote