Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not bad, I'll just add a couple of comments.

- If you think we're gonna draft Brandon Meriweather, I think you're gonna be very disappointed. With the things that have happened on the team this season, we are not going to touch someone with the character questions he has.

- Stephen Tulloch is better than Peter Sirmon and should be starting at MLB the rest of the year and next.

- I like the FA signings alot.

- Bell is the LG and Olson is the RG. Nothing major, but yeah.

- Doubt Pacman will be our KR, we'll use someone else probably to keep from overworking him just like this year. Either Roby or Finnegan possibly. Or resign Bobby Wade...I see no reason why we wouldn't keep him. The coaches love him and he's been pretty good, plus he's still pretty young.

- We're also going to have to make a decision on Travis Henry. He hit an incentive this year that guarantee's an $8.3 million roster bonus for next year. There's no way we pay him this. We will either sign him to a new deal, or cut him and go with LenDale. I think we give him a new deal personally.

- I don't think we're going to go into next season with Bennett, Jarrett, and Givens. To re-sign Bennett and draft Jarrett with a probable top 10 or so pick, that is too much money to be tied up in one position. I don't think it makes sense economically.

- Not a real fan of Joe Staley in the 3rd, but meh, I'd like whoever the best interior OL prospect is in the 3rd round. Whoever that may be.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:47 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what would the likely hood be of us getting charles grant? i do love the guy

also how likely would it be that we traded for randy moss? i think hed help vince
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
what would the likely hood be of us getting charles grant? i do love the guy

also how likely would it be that we traded for randy moss? i think hed help vince
Fisher stated he wouldn't want Moss, Moss wouldn't be happy, because the titans aren't going to be able to get him his 80 catches so early in Young's career.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys can go ahead and check anyone off your wishlist that has major character concerns. I don't think we're gonna take a chance on anyone with the things that have happened this year.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

what do you guys think about norm chow being a candidate for arizona state's job
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Titansfan777

I think he should stay in TN
Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
what do you guys think about norm chow being a candidate for arizona state's job
And i'm really starting to like him :( , he should stay.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink

When do we play again?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
When do we play again?
Hopefully never. Recently, we seem to match up with you guys about as well as you do with the Texans.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
When do we play again?
Hopefully never. Recently, we seem to match up with you guys about as well as you do with the Texans.
Thats why I love playing you guys. 8)
But honestly, you guys usually play us well, the last 2 games however have been lopsided. But with VY's emergence I expect it to be much more competitive.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When do we play again?
But honestly, you guys usually play us well, the last 2 games however have been lopsided. But with VY's emergence I expect it to be much more competitive.
it might be a better game with it being here and how the Jags have been playing on the road this year.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When do we play again?
it might be a better game with it being here and how the Jags have been playing on the road this year.
I hate road games, we are just horrible.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
- Doubt Pacman will be our KR, we'll use someone else probably to keep from overworking him just like this year. Either Roby or Finnegan possibly. Or resign Bobby Wade...I see no reason why we wouldn't keep him. The coaches love him and he's been pretty good, plus he's still pretty young.
That why Ted Ginn Jr. would make such perfect sense. Imagine kicking it to either Pacman or Teddy, and the ability to switch them around during kicks and punts. Scary thought huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:
That why Ted Ginn Jr. would make such perfect sense. Imagine kicking it to either Pacman or Teddy, and the ability to switch them around during kicks and punts. Scary thought huh?
I really think we will pick Ginn in the draft if Adams is gone, Ginn can slot the first year or so.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd be extremely happy with either Jarrett or Ginn, but I don't think we draft a WR at all if Bennett if re-signed. You have to think that he is going to want the same type of contract that Givens got, because their numbers are about the same (infact Drew's best year is a ton better than Givens').

That would put us with Givens large contract, Bennett's contract which will likely be about the same, and then the contract of a top 10 pick, all tied up in the same position. That would just be a horrible financial decision. I think the only way we draft a WR in the 1st round is if Bennett is gone.

However, a guy like Robert Meachem () at the top of the 2nd round would make a lot of sense, and we could use the 1st rounder on defense.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be extremely happy with either Jarrett or Ginn, but I don't think we draft a WR at all if Bennett if re-signed. You have to think that he is going to want the same type of contract that Givens got, because their numbers are about the same (infact Drew's best year is a ton better than Givens').

That would put us with Givens large contract, Bennett's contract which will likely be about the same, and then the contract of a top 10 pick, all tied up in the same position. That would just be a horrible financial decision. I think the only way we draft a WR in the 1st round is if Bennett is gone.

However, a guy like Robert Meachem () at the top of the 2nd round would make a lot of sense, and we could use the 1st rounder on defense.
I hope we can land Ginn, he is too much of a game changer to pass up and we've never had a reciever that could bust one at any point.

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterous

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:10 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
Quote:

I hope we can land Ginn, he is too much of a game changer to pass up and we've never had a reciever that could bust one at any point.

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterous
Adams in the first this year and EB in the first next year 8)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im assuming your talking about my boy from vandy Earl Bennett... I would sh!t myself if we drafted him.

smitty, on a side note about Vandy- Cutler starting on primetime :D 8) I cant wait

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im assuming your talking about my boy from vandy Earl Bennett... I would sh!t myself if we drafted him.

smitty, on a side note about Vandy- Cutler starting on primetime :D 8) I cant wait
About time it 8)

Old 12-02-2006, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Titanfreak46

Knowing our history its not possible, but do you think its conceivable that we could draft two wideouts in the first two rounds? First off we don't do well signing free-agent wide recievers, yancey "my pantsy" thigpen, carl pickens, and david givens to name a few. With the money we have in free agency we should go out and sign a corner to fill that need.

Adding quality and depth to help out vince is crucial and i have the right pair in mind;
Dwayne Jarrett WR USC 1st
Steve Smith WR USC 2nd

They've developed a good relationship over the years, their friends and they compliment each other well. I dont think they would bicker over the ball. At SC they have played in big games and know vince from the rose bowl as well as teammate lendale white and norm chow as the coordinator.

Here in Los Angeles people think Steve Smith might actually be better then Jarrett and after the Washington State game they want smith to be the biletnikoff winner.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-02-2006, 09:54 AM    (permalink
MikeD

I would take jarret over smith but i would want c johnson over them both. It would be worth it to get both, then the futre at wideout is solid for the futre
Old 12-02-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanfreak46
Knowing our history its not possible, but do you think its conceivable that we could draft two wideouts in the first two rounds? First off we don't do well signing free-agent wide recievers, yancey "my pantsy" thigpen, carl pickens, and david givens to name a few. With the money we have in free agency we should go out and sign a corner to fill that need.

Adding quality and depth to help out vince is crucial and i have the right pair in mind;
Dwayne Jarrett WR USC 1st
Steve Smith WR USC 2nd

They've developed a good relationship over the years, their friends and they compliment each other well. I dont think they would bicker over the ball. At SC they have played in big games and know vince from the rose bowl as well as teammate lendale white and norm chow as the coordinator.

Here in Los Angeles people think Steve Smith might actually be better then Jarrett and after the Washington State game they want smith to be the biletnikoff winner.

What do you guys think?
I don't think it's a big enough need to draft in the first two rounds. Remember what stockpiling at a certain position does. That's what got us those gems Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom and Bo Schobel. I think, unless we re-sign Bennett, that we could draft a WR in either the first or second, but not both. I like Meachem because he has the size to break tackles in the open field and has the speed to run away from defenders after he does it. I think we need to address either the DL or secondary in one of the first two rounds.

Btw, the given nicknames for our FA WR busts are "Carla" Pickens and "Nancy" Thigpen.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default idk

Im not totally sold on Ted Ginn jr. i really think he falls back on his speed way too much and I would personallly rather have Jarett. He really really impressed me against ND and i just think he's better than Ginn in every aspect of the game besides speed of course, which is what we're lacking so if they took ginn i wouldnt be THAT dissapointed but i would rather have Jarett. Also, you gotta think Norm Chow is gonna really pull for Jarett anyways. What do u guys think are the chances that Drew comes back? If he does, i could see how Ginn is a smart choice, but if he doesn't come back, i think it's a no brainer we take jarett. And if Gaines Adams is there, then this post is entirely useless.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Chris Brown? Why did he want to be traded before?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
What's the deal with Chris Brown? Why did he want to be traded before?
Well, it wasn't him that asked to be traded. IIRC, he hired a new agent this season, and the agent came out and asked to be traded after we drafted LenDale because he didn't see much of a future for Chris here. Chris himself has never said anything bad that I know of, and hasn't complained, that was all his agent. He likely won't be active for the rest of the year (and hasn't been since the beginning) because we only dress 2 RB's, and LenDale is guaranteed to dress because he plays special teams. Health is always a concern with Brown, but lately he doesn't seem to have the same burst that he had in 2004.