Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, our 3rd RD'er alone would probably be Edwards's value. The guy has been on a stacked DL with Jared Allen attracting the TE to his side, Kevin Williams collapsing the pocket, and Pat Williams swallowing up blockers, yet the guy is a 5-8 sack a year guy. That's average production in an ideal setting. What will happen when he gets to Tennessee and doesn't have that help?

Jason Babin is untradeable. He has waaaaay more value to the Titans than he does anywhere else (except for Philly now that Wash is there, but they're stacked at DE). No team will be willing to replace what Babin's value is to us, so it's best to just hold onto him. This is why he may be a tricky FA re-signing.

On paper, it makes sense. But when it's applied, I don't think it's functional. If we did decide to trade Babin away in exchange for the youth route, then I'd rather take the risk on a guy who has more upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
In other news, Dave Ragone is our WR coach.
Why is that name familiar?...

EDIT: Haha, this hire makes no sense. The Hartford Colonials QB Coach is now our WR Coach... *shakes head*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-22-2011 at 12:21 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used Dave Ragone all the time at Qb in ESPN 2K5. This is all I know about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Robert Quinn or Patrick Peterson..... No Blaine Gabbert

Dontay Moch would be a great pick if we didn't get Quinn, oh Torrey Smith would nice too in the 2nd or 3rd unless he shoots up the draft boards which he probaly will :(

Last edited by Complex : 02-24-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For our first pick my preference order for now is this...
1) Nick Fairley
2) Von Miller
3) Patrick Peterson
4) A.J. Green
5) Robert Quinn
6) Marcell Dareus
7) DaQuan Bowers
8) Prince Amukamara
9) Julio Jones
10) Blaine Gabbert
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Robert Quinn
2. Nick Fairley
3. Von Miller
4. AJ Green
5. Blaine Gabbert
6. DaQuan Bowers
7. Marcell Dareus
8. Patrick Peterson
9. Prince Amukamara
10. Aldon Smith
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinn are the guys I would love to have the most at this point.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my dream scenario right now is this...

1st round pick: Julio Jones
2nd round pick: Marcus Cannon
3rd round pick: trade for Kolb or Dalton/Ponder
Rest of the picks on defense.

I was on the defense with our first pick train but good god Julio Jones is teh sex.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Julio next to Kenny Britt would be the absolute sex. I would be worried that it is a luxury pick, but I think the titans should focus more on getting it right rather than picking a need.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

And don't forget damian williams in the slot. It'd definitely be a luxury pick but I can dream.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Kind of random, but whats the board opinion on Mike Reinfeldt since he has taken over for Floyd Reese? Here are the drafts since he has been here....

2007 - Tennessee Titans
Rd Sel # Player Position School

1 19 Michael Griffin FS Texas -
2 50 Chris Henry RB Arizona -
3 80 Paul Williams WR Fresno State-
4 115 Leroy Harris C North Carolina State-
4 128 Chris Davis WR Florida State-
5 152 Antonio Johnson DT Mississippi State-
6 188 Joel Filani WR Texas Tech -
6 204 Jacob Ford DE Central Arkansas -
6 206 Ryan Smith CB Florida-
7 223 Michael Otto OT Purdue -

1 24 Chris Johnson RB East Carolina-
2 54 Jason Jones DT Eastern Michigan -
3 85 Craig Stevens TE California -
4 103 William Hayes DE Winston-Salem State -
4 126 Lavelle Hawkins WR California -
4 134 Stanford Keglar LB Purdue -
7 229 Cary Williams CB Washburn -

2009 - Tennessee Titans
1 30 Kenny Britt WR Rutgers - B+
2 62 Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn -
3 89 Jared Cook TE South Carolina -
3 94 Ryan Mouton DB Hawaii -
4 130 Gerald McRath LB Southern Mississippi -
4 135 Troy Kropog T Tulane-
5 173 Javon Ringer RB Michigan State
6 203 Jason McCourty DB Rutgers -
6 206 Dominique Edison WR Stephen F. Austin St.
7 239 Ryan Durand G Syracuse
7 242 Nick Schommer DB North Dakota State

2010 - Tennessee Titans
1 16 Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
3 77 Damian Williams WR USC
3 97 Rennie Curran LB Georgia
4 104 Alterraun Verner CB UCLA
5 148 Robert Johnson DB Utah
6 176 Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic
6 207 Myron Rolle DB Florida State
7 222 Marc Mariani WR Montana
7 241 David Howard DT Brown

I think its atleast nice to see he hits on more players as time goes on.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Looks like he has trouble after round one to be honest.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Reino's done a good job, but he was brought in as a fiscal manager, not a personnel manager. I think Fisher had the biggest hand in personnel, being the HC and Executive VP, so draft success falls on him the most. If there's any pick he's involved in, it's the 1st RD'er (that, and any trades). I think the picks after the 1st RD fall on the coaches and scouts more, so I can't fault him for that.

As long as they keep nailing the 1st RD picks under him and keeping the cap and contracts managed, I think MR should be considered a success or at least a good GM. But lets be honest - it's not hard to be an improvement over Floyd Reese.

And all this isn't to say MR isn't or can't be a good personnel evaluator. The guy played the game, so he knows what it takes. It's gonna be real interesting to see how they do with it being MR and Munch making the decisions, which will probably be more even than it was with Fish.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Kind of random, but whats the board opinion on Mike Reinfeldt since he has taken over for Floyd Reese? Here are the drafts since he has been here....

2007 - Tennessee Titans

1 19 Michael Griffin FS Texas -
2 50 Chris Henry RB Arizona -
3 80 Paul Williams WR Fresno State-
4 115 Leroy Harris C North Carolina State-
4 128 Chris Davis WR Florida State-
5 152 Antonio Johnson DT Mississippi State-
6 188 Joel Filani WR Texas Tech -
6 204 Jacob Ford DE Central Arkansas -
6 206 Ryan Smith CB Florida-
7 223 Michael Otto OT Purdue -

1 24 Chris Johnson RB East Carolina-
2 54 Jason Jones DT Eastern Michigan -
3 85 Craig Stevens TE California -
4 103 William Hayes DE Winston-Salem State -
4 126 Lavelle Hawkins WR California -
4 134 Stanford Keglar LB Purdue -
7 229 Cary Williams CB Washburn -

2009 - Tennessee Titans
1 30 Kenny Britt WR Rutgers - B+
2 62 Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn -
3 89 Jared Cook TE South Carolina -
3 94 Ryan Mouton DB Hawaii -
4 130 Gerald McRath LB Southern Mississippi -
4 135 Troy Kropog T Tulane-
5 173 Javon Ringer RB Michigan State
6 203 Jason McCourty DB Rutgers -
6 206 Dominique Edison WR Stephen F. Austin St.
7 239 Ryan Durand G Syracuse
7 242 Nick Schommer DB North Dakota State

2010 - Tennessee Titans
1 16 Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
3 77 Damian Williams WR USC
3 97 Rennie Curran LB Georgia
4 104 Alterraun Verner CB UCLA
5 148 Robert Johnson DB Utah
6 176 Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic
6 207 Myron Rolle DB Florida State
7 222 Marc Mariani WR Montana
7 241 David Howard DT Brown

I think its atleast nice to see he hits on more players as time goes on.

That's not a bad resume. 1st rders are the most important obviously and those have been sticking for you guys. You'd like to see a better track record for his late rounders, seems he struggles there, other then Verner this past draft he doesn't usually find any gems in the late rounds. 2007 had a ton of picks to only really hit on the 1st rounder though if I'm not mistaken Ford has looked good in flashes.

I was a big Reese fan though :( I think he would have done better but that's just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Peterson to be a titans so bad so I made a list of people that could go ahead of Patrick Peterson

Nick Fairley
Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
AJ Green
DaQuan Bowers
Marcell Dareus
Von Miller
Robert Quinn

We could also hope that someone falls in love with Prince or Julio.

I don't want Blaine Gabbert anyone but him.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I don't want any of the "top 4" but if we were forced to take one, I'd take my chances with Gabbert.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm hoping Gabbert is Josh Freeman 2.0, for our sakes.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I gotta feeling he won't be around when we pick anyways.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I don't really mind if we draft a qb, I really don't hate any of the QB's outside of Newton (not really hate, but dislike).

Quote:
Old 03-01-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the top 4 ive kind of slowly come around on possibly accepting gabbert if we go that way, but i dont WANT any of them, i like cash$ first 3 picks but hate kolb HATE :S, i think we end up with a gem in rd 1 though after its all said and done, i like the talent except those qbs ranked highly
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm not a fan of Kolb either, but I do like him more than any QB in this draft not named Dalton.

I'm still holding out hope that we find a way to get Luck-y in next year's draft.

Hell, I'll even wait for Barkley or Landry Jones.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

None of this matters when we draft Patrick Peterson.....

:)

FS-Patrick Peterson
SS-Michael Griffin
CB-Alterraun Verner
CB-Cortland Finnegan
Nickle- Jason McCourty

= FAP FAP FAP..
the only thing wrong with this picture is that Jason is an underwhelming nickle, but solid on the outside.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, it's gonna suck passing up this defensive talent to gamble on a QB, but I'd rather take a QB than be stuck with Kolb. Hell, I'll take Ponder or Dalton before Kolb. Both can execute the WCO.

I liked Shane's pre-Combine mock for us: 1st RD - Blaine Gabbert/QB, 2nd RD - Muhammad Wilkerson/DT, 3rd RD - Clint Boling/OG.

I think he nailed the positions we need. QB, G/C, and a guy to improve pass-defense (either a pass-rusher or coverage guy; ie. a DT, DE, pass-rushing OLB, or CB, depending which position is BPA).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans sign the immortal Brett Kern to a multi-year extension. [Link]

Titans tendered contracts to restricted FAs LB Patrick Bailey, DE Jacob Ford, FB Ahmard Hall, G/C Leroy Harris, T/G Mike Otto, LB Tim Shaw, and LB Stephen Tulloch. [Link]

No link, but LB Colin Allred won't be tendered.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I rather trade for Kolb than draft Blaine Gabbert and I don't even like Kolb. I never heard of Blaine Gabbert mentioned as a top 10 picked during the college season. Then once Andrew Luck decided to go back to school, the Blaine Gabbert #1 QB hype started.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Titans sign the immortal Brett Kern to a multi-year extension. [Link]

Titans tendered contracts to restricted FAs LB Patrick Bailey, DE Jacob Ford, FB Ahmard Hall, G/C Leroy Harris, T/G Mike Otto, LB Tim Shaw, and LB Stephen Tulloch. [Link]

No link, but LB Colin Allred won't be tendered.
Thank god they tendered Mike Otto, IDK who the **** I could trade in the next forum mock if it wasnt for him. ;)

Quote: