Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I rather trade for Kolb than draft Blaine Gabbert and I don't even like Kolb. I never heard of Blaine Gabbert mentioned as a top 10 picked during the college season. Then once Andrew Luck decided to go back to school, the Blaine Gabbert #1 QB hype started.
That's because Gabbert was expected to stay in school while Luck came out. It was figured that it'd be Luck as the #1 QB this year, and then Gabbert would be the #1 QB next year, over guys like Matt Barkley and Landry Jones. That's why he wasn't mocked to anyone. Just the same as no one figured Luck would stay despite being guaranteed the #1 overall pick, no one figured Gabbert would declare with possibly 4 1st RD QB's giving him competition. But it turns out the roles were suddenly reversed, so the Gabbert hype seemingly came out of nowhere.

So yeah, that's the deal with Gabbert. After another year of development, he's a #1 overall caliber player. So you're taking that player a year early with the knowledge that he's a year premature from becoming that amazing prospect, but now he's gonna have to mature on an NFL team rather than a college team. But he's going to have to sit for a while anyway, and the other top QB's have to sit too, so that's not a big setback for him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
RyanLeafWasGood
Rookie

RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Thought this was an interesting read...
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...e-at-position/

Looks like we won't have the exact same philosophy, at least on D-line.
RyanLeafWasGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it before and with the scheme change I'll bring it up again, but if we drafted Dareus or Fairley I could definitely see us moving Jason Jones to LE.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well guys, I did a two round 2012 mock draft. I'd love it if you guys could go comment. Oh and don't tear me a new one too bad! :)
Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there was a scenario where both Fairley/Dareus and Bowers are both on the board at #8, who's the pick?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If there was a scenario where both Fairley/Dareus and Bowers are both on the board at #8, who's the pick?
Gabbert or Locker.

Seriously between those 3 i might go with Dareus, seems the safest pick.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Titansfan123
Rookie

Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never heard Gabbert as a top 10 but he was always in the top 3 at QB and once Locker played Nebraska Gabbert became the for sure number 2 QB...Personally I dnt like Gabbert so i am hoping he wont be there at 8 cuz i can see us taking him. i LOVE peterson but i LOVE him at CB not Safety i dnt think he would make it past SF either...either Miller or Quinn wiil be there so im hoping we grab one of those guys,,I reallly like Mallett i think he will get taken in the late 1st round but if he for some reason falls into the 2nd hes worth risking...i thought Devlin looked good i could see us taking him in the 3rd..Dalton is my favorite ginger he is a good leader and as charie sheen would say hes all about winning and that is what he does.
Titansfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happens there is going to be a stud at our pick. Amukamura, Peterson, Fairley, Dareus, Bowers, Quinn, Miller aren't all gonna go without a QB getting in there. and all can fill a need.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Palmer decided to go to Cam Newtons pro-day over Ryan Mallett's.... could be a smokescreen, but it shows we at least have interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie but I want Cam, **** knows why but the guy gives me a fizz in my dick I can't ignore.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans are bringing in Cam Newton for a private work out.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm on record that I don't want a QB in the first, but I could live with Gabbert or even Locker. If we draft either of those retards Cam Newton or Ryan Mallet I'll force vomiting and might retire my fan card. Just listening to Ryan Mallet on the Dan Patrick show today made me want to slam my head on my desk.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'm on record that I don't want a QB in the first, but I could live with Gabbert or even Locker. If we draft either of those retards Cam Newton or Ryan Mallet I'll force vomiting and might retire my fan card. Just listening to Ryan Mallet on the Dan Patrick show today made me want to slam my head on my desk.
agree with you x1000000
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want no part of Cam Newton....truthfully, the Qbs don't intrigue me at all. I like Mallett's skill set the most and if he were there in the third round, I'd gladly want the Titans to take a chance on him.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

I just love me some athletes, my dream picks are Fairley, Dareus or Bowers, but if we got Newton I would get wood.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
I just love me some athletes, my dream picks are Fairley, Dareus or Bowers, but if we got Newton I would get wood.
i'm right there with you for the most part, but not at qb. wr, dl, db, lb... sure. but if we draft cam newton, i'm gonna be sick. my hope is that he'll be gone before our pick so we won't even have to make the decision.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Titansfan123
Rookie

Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHY would u want cam newton the guy is a great athlete and is a competitor but thats it people are comparing him to vince young however I think young is way more polished throwing the ball...honestly we might as well keep young if u wanna go that route...honestly the QBs this year suck dick none of them are going to end up being top QBs some guys in the later rounds might end up having a career but nothing special.I am a HUGE anti newton fan..atleast mallet can throw a ******* football we already have one of the best RBs so why do we need another runner at Qb..just wait til he gets through one NFL game he will be beat up look what happend to tebow I will have to reconsider if i am a titans fan or not if they draft newton.
Titansfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Gabbert. He's a hottie.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Gabbert reminds me of Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass. lol.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

If we're going by attractiveness for QBs don't we have to draft Christian Ponder?

I mean, SIX PACK!!!!!

Plus his girlfriend is a hottie.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

that is a baseless claim without photo evidence! (regarding the gf)
Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Old 03-12-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Warren Moon recommended Cam Newton lol.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd recommend him too if he was paying me to tutor him. :D
Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren Moon->Steve McNair->Vince Young

Notice a pattern? You have to take Cam Newton. Locker, Gabbert, and Mallet don't fit.