Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they don't trade back or if they don't draft a QB there, then is Fairley who we want? How about Prince?

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see corner as an early need at all. Finnegan and Verner have the starting spots locked up. McCourty was disappointing this season but he's still young. Plus Fuller can handle the nickel.

If Von Miller were to fall to us somehow they could take him. Otherwise the pick should be highest D-Lineman on their board or A.J. Green/Julio if they feel like Britt is a liability.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:12 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Not if he's too busy snorting coke with Charlie Sheen the night before.
Lol, I think the guy has grown up since then, we all make stupid decisions when we are younger. I think Mallett could be the next top 10/5 QB to come out of the draft, the guy just KNOWS football and his football IQ is through the roof.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six days from the draft this is my final list of players I'd like to see us target... (AKA Players I really like)

QB
- Christian Ponder
- Andy Dalton
HB
- Roy Helu Jr.
WR
- Denarius Moore
- Jeff Maehl
TE
- Luke Stocker
- Jordan Cameron
OL
- Marcus Cannon
- Clint Boling
DE
- Robert Quinn
- Da'Quan Bowers
- Greg Romeus
- Sam Acho
- Ugo Chinasa
DT
- Nick Fairley
- Marvin Austin
- Jurrell Casey
- Sione Fua
LB
- Bruce Carter
- Mason Foster
- Mark Herzlich
- Martez Wilson
- Quan Sturdivant
- Greg Jones
- Casey Matthews
CB
- Curtis Brown
- Chimdi Chekwa
- Shareece Wright
- Kendric Burney
S
- Quinton Carter
- DeAndre McDaniel
- Tyler Sash
- Deunta Williams
- Jeron Johnson
Old 04-23-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB-
Jake Locker
Ryan Mallett
Christian Ponder

RB-
Ryan Williams

FB-
Stanley Havili

WR-
Julio Jones
Leonard Hankerson

TE-
Kyle Rudolph
D.J. Williams

OL-
Marcus Cannon

DL-
Cameron Jordan
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn
Da'Quan Bowers
Stephen Pea
Marvin Austin

LB-
Martez Wilson
Greg Jones
Bruce Carter

CB-
PP
PA

S-
Aaron Williams
Ahmad Black
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

I really can't decide what I want with our first.

I would happily have:
Newton (so sue me the guy could be incredible)
Locker
Mallett
Fairley
Bowers
Quinn
Amukamara

But I just don't know whether I want us to take a QB first round when there is so much D talent and risk losing out on my man crush Ponder...don't want Dalton gingering up the roster with his average in all categories make-up and I don't want to sacrifice a 3rd to move up.

WTF?!?!?! Really wanting Thursday to hurry up. For once this is a draft where the outcome of our pick I will likely be mega happy with...unless its Goldielocks.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What time is the draft thursday, i have class that night until 7:30?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I think it starts a few minutes after 7. Like 7:05 or something so you should definitely see the Titans pick.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Is Scott's clock right this year?
Old 04-24-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I think it starts a few minutes after 7. Like 7:05 or something so you should definitely see the Titans pick.
They're saying 1700 hours on the west coast (5:00). Might have to turn it on early so not to miss anything.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, the Titans shouldn't even be on the clock until after 8 central. So rush home after class Smitty!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Giants34
Rookie

Giants34 is a cocksman.Giants34 is a cocksman.Giants34 is a cocksman.Giants34 is a cocksman.

Sounds like it could be Locker at 8 for you guys...Vikings are calling your bluff too and saying they don't want McNabb (surmising QB is probably their pick at 12). Kinda forcing you to take Locker there if they really want him. How you guys feel about that?
Giants34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

I'm not too bothered, it means we can pick up a solid defender in the second and not risk losing out on a QB. Locker has some fantastic tools and with the way I imagine the Titans would use him he would be able to start right away and come along slowly. Having CJ in the backfield is a blessing for QB's because defenses end up stacking the box, VY was on fire before he got hurt. I would rather we went with Locker over Mallett as he reminds me a little bit of Steve McNair as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants34 View Post
Sounds like it could be Locker at 8 for you guys...Vikings are calling your bluff too and saying they don't want McNabb (surmising QB is probably their pick at 12). Kinda forcing you to take Locker there if they really want him. How you guys feel about that?
It's probably a lot of smoke but with teams like Washington and Minnesota needing QBs it is unlikely the Titans could trade down unless they are just as high on Ponder, Dalton and Mallett. I'm not but they may be.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Giants34
Rookie

Giants34 is a cocksman.Giants34 is a cocksman.Giants34 is a cocksman.Giants34 is a cocksman.

I don't see any reason to blow smoke up peoples asses if you're the Titans. Are you worried Fairley might not make it to 8. That's nothing to worry about...he'll be there. You'd think there would be a motive to send up smoke and in their position, there really isn't one. Its pretty easy to predict who's gonna be available for them at 8. And every guy that fits a need probably isn't going before 8. If they want Prince, he'd be there. If they want Aldon Smith, he'd be there. There's gota be some truth to it. They don't have much room to play games anyway if they do want him cause Minny will most likely grab him at 12.
Giants34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

1. Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn
2. Christian Ponder - QB - Florida State
3. Bruce Carter - OLB - North Carolina
4. Greg Romeus - DE - Pittsburgh
4. Austin Pettis - WR - Boise State
5. John Moffitt - OG - Wisconsin
6. Stanley Havili - FB - USC
7. Roy Helu Jr - RB - Nebraska
7. Steven Friday - DE - Virginia Tech

My Hopes for the draft.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, my live mock draft where I was the Titans GM finished last night. First a couple notes. It became clear very quickly that people were not interested in QB's (only 2 in the first round and the first one went to AZ at 5), so I basically decided to wait until at least round 2 for a QB. I had been planning to trade back and take Locker but couldn't get a trade partner.

Also there were some guys not taking it seriously (Newton to Cleveland at 6? Ingram to Philly at 23?).

Lastly, a number of teams didn't have GM's and we had time limits to make our picks like in a the real draft, so it was hard to make trades. There were no trade-ups into the bottom of the first for QB's. There were just very few trades in general. I was also picking for NE and would have traded up to their 33 pick to take Ponder (or Locker who was still on the board) but we had agreed not to make trades between teams if we were GM-ing both teams. Unfortunately all the remaining top QB's went off the board before the Titans second round pick.

Anyway, here are the results.
1.8 = Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
2.7 = Marcus Cannon, OG, TCU
3.13 = Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
4.12 = Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon
4.33 (comp) = Colin McCarthy, OLB, Miami
5.11 = Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State
6.10 = Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
7.9 = Byron Maxwell, DB, Clemson
7.50 (comp) = Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

I do like what you did there, congrats on a great draft...no doubt it'll be better than what we actually come up with lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Dalton at 8...I will kill myself.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Dalton at 8...I will kill myself.
Step away from the gas pipe at least till tomorrow night. They arent that dumb that they'd take Andy Dalton with the 8th pick. My guess is it will come down to Locker and Fairley. Future franchise QB or Albert Haynesworth 2.0, seems like it should be an easy decision.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Step away from the gas pipe at least till tomorrow night. They arent that dumb that they'd take Andy Dalton with the 8th pick. My guess is it will come down to Locker and Fairley. Future franchise QB or Albert Haynesworth 2.0, seems like it should be an easy decision.
Yup I agree on that, if we go Locker I want us to go after Marvin Austin and if we go Fairley I want us to go after Ponder. It is impossible for us to make a bad pick at 8 with all the top loaded talent...unless we go Dalton, which has got to be La Confora just fabricating BS.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Draft day scenarios:

We pick Fairley and trade back into the first for Locker/Mallett.

We pick Locker/Mallet in the first and sit and take a DT like Marvin Austin in the second round.

We take Robert Quinn in the first and trade back into the first for Locker/Mallett.

We take Fairley/Quinn and sit and wait for Ponder/Dalton.

We take Dalton and thenorwe;;goehwjrn;onkgvEW:LMr' gjlvrn;j;ogiwnrktgoiknw ;rntkl;n;tljbn;ljkn v';gkrind;wobdnkml.

Pretty much around what I see our draft being like.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Draft day scenarios:

We pick Fairley and trade back into the first for Locker/Mallett.

We pick Locker/Mallet in the first and sit and take a DT like Marvin Austin in the second round.

We take Robert Quinn in the first and trade back into the first for Locker/Mallett.

We take Fairley/Quinn and sit and wait for Ponder/Dalton.

We take Dalton and thenorwe;;goehwjrn;onkgvEW:LMr' gjlvrn;j;ogiwnrktgoiknw ;rntkl;n;tljbn;ljkn v';gkrind;wobdnkml.

Pretty much around what I see our draft being like.
The second option is probably more doable because you cant gamble that Locker is going to be there with the Skins and Vikes desperate for a QB. I would also think there is more than just Marvin Austin as an option for D-line in the second round.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The second option is probably more doable because you cant gamble that Locker is going to be there with the Skins and Vikes desperate for a QB. I would also think there is more than just Marvin Austin as an option for D-line in the second round.
There will be more options but damn I love that guy.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

I really really don't want to see us take Gabbert or Dalton, I really think those two guys will not be great QB's and the other options at QB suit us so much more. I am not often devastated by Titans drafts but that would kill me.