Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudd sucks I always see Bucs fans compain about him. He better be a special teams player only.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems like basically a taller Tulloch.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New guy here, how many Titans fans are there on this site? Have I increased the amount to double digits?
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruud is ok. I know his physicality is nonexistant, but hopefully he's more disciplined and won't get himself out of position like Tulloch would. Besides, it's only a one year deal.

I like JJ to DE. I'm guessing him at LE and Morgan at RE. We need depth behind them though. I'd like Dave Ball back.

Shaun Smith is the biggest DT we've had since Haynesworth, lol. Hopefully Question Marks and Jurrell Casey will be ready to go, or else our DT rotation is thin with Brown now gone and Haye being the living embodiment of ineptitude. But at least we have a startable NT.

Good to see Leroy Harris back. Hopefully Bruce Matthews can help him develop more along with Munch helping tutor him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
New guy here, how many Titans fans are there on this site? Have I increased the amount to double digits?
There's a fairly good amount compared to the other teams, but Drew, Doughie, Complex, and I are the most active at the moment.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOT TROLLING!

Ruud breakdown:

Positive: - Leader

Negatives: - Poor tackler
- Doesn't make plays
- Terrible awareness

Your front office is very smart by signing him to only a one year deal. Alot of people think Ruud is good because he led the team in tackles the last 4 seasons. All the tackles he made were 5 yards down the field. He's not a penotrator! He won't be shooting gaps and making TFL or sacks. He'll just sit there and let the running back run into him or run him over. I wish you guys the best of luck, and hopefully he changes his career. See you on Nov. 27th :D

:/

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Titans are going to try to keep Daniel Graham from leaving town....I'd very much like that signing for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading other fans talk about Titans players is just painful. totally off base on Tulloch and VY. Basing everything off stats (sometimes IDK what their thinking...VY has a bad deep ball?)

Quote:
The #Titans have agreed to terms with TE Daniel Graham on a three-year deal, sources say

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 07-31-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wyatt is reporting that we just signed TE Daniel Graham to a 3-year-deal.

Also...we've apparently shown interest recently in WR Braylon Edwards, DE Jamaal Anderson, LB Nick Barnett, and LB Lofa Totupu. Even though Reinfeldt has publicly stated that he'd like to add a veteran WR to our corp, I'm not sure if Edwards would bring the right attitude to the team -- though he certainly has more left in the tank than Derrick Mason, would give Hasselbeck/Locker another weapon on offense, and would relegate Washington to the slot (where he belongs). With the recent Ruud signing, our interest in Barnett & Totupu may just be out of curiosity -- though I'd love to see us sign one of them to come in and compete (especially since Ruud's deal is only one-year). Jamaal Anderson has been an under-achiever throughout his career; however, he's a big-body (6'6, 290 lbs.), has some talent, and might fit well in our new scheme in a DE rotation with Morgan and Jones.

What concerns me most is that there's no mention of us looking at any particular players at the S position, which either means (a.) the team thinks either Robert Johnson or Nick Schommer is ready to play or (b.) the team is going to give Chris Hope another chance. That worries me.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not overly excited about the Ruud signing. However, it's just a one-year deal and, honestly, the Titans could've done much worse.

Aside from the fact that both Ruud and Tulloch are "tackling machines" (which is a misleading stat anyway), everything I've read indicates that the two players are virtually the exact opposite. Tulloch was stout against the run and terrible in coverage, while Ruud is lackluster against the run and pretty good in coverage. But I'd give Ruud the edge simply because he has the reputation of being a team-leader, which is something that we've needed on defense since Bulluck left. [Tulloch, though a solid player, just doesn't have the personality to be that type of outspoken leader.]

On another note, I think Tulloch has entered a good situation with the Lions and will continue to play moderately well there. With Suh/Fairley in front of him occupying blockers, that will allow Tulloch to get after the RB unimpeded, which is his strength anyway.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I wonder who played the second DT spot? And please tell me it isn't Jovan Haye... that would be the biggest waste of starting snaps ever.
Casey is what I read.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washburn was in love with Jammal Anderson when he came out of Arkansas.

Casey and Smith will be a good run-stuffing tandem, but I wonder how the DL will collapse pockets from the DT spot without JJ penetrating. It'd be nice to move him to UT on obvious passing plays, have Morgan at his end, and whoever at the other spot (it's William Hayes by default at this point...can't believe they've lost 3 DE's in Babin, Ford, and Ball, and have signed/re-signed no one).

Oh, and are there any good WCO FB's available? We probably would've signed Ahmard back if he could catch better, and that's probably why guys like Leach and Vickers got no attention from us despite our FB's contract ending and having a RB we need to feed the ball to. I know there's a possibility Harper could be a WCO FB, but I figured it'd take him at least a season to develop and learn enough to become a starter.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping the reason for the run-stuffing DTs means that we will blitz our LBers more.....at least I think that's why we brought in Akeem Ayers (would be a real shame if it isnt). Also I'm not worried at athleticism at DE. JJ and William Hayes are both physical freaks and Derrick Morgan had the fastest 10 yard split of his fellow D-lineman... so there should be no excuses.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We brought back Jacob Ford and stuff.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ford can be fairly effective when there aren't injuries on the DL forcing him to play more snaps than he should be expected to play. I bet we'll see him standing up and moving around a bit, also. Definitely not a huge impact other than depth though
Old 08-01-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

David Ball just signed a 1 year contract too. Also, not seeing how Jacob Ford fits us when Jason Babin doesn't... hopefully we play him in some diffrent sets like PB said.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Ahmard Hall back on a 1 year deal too.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Good move bringing Hall back. Especially since the Texans could be in the market for a FB and he's a Texas boy. Would hate to see him there.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We probably brought Ford back and not Babin because of the contracts they wanted. The Eagles offered him the better contract because he was going to basically be a pass-rush specialist for us going forward rather than the full-time starter that he was for us last year. Washburn's scheme gives him more value.

I like the Hall and Ball re-signings. Ball was our #2 guy in sacks last year, and even though this could be Hall's last year, I'd rather have the "Big Marine" back on our side.

So our DL looks like...

RE: Derrick Morgan, William Hayes, Jacob Ford
NT: Shaun Smith, Zach Clayton
UT: Jurrell Casey, Sen'Derrick Marks, Jovan Haye
LE: Jason Jones, Dave Ball, Karl Klug

And I'm guessing when Smith come out, Casey will move to NT. And I hope they stunt JJ inside a lot, or use him at NT some plays. Really looking forward to seeing how Morgan does too!

And I believe Jerry Grey said they'd be more aggressive on defense, so I bet we see LB's blitzing. And reports say Akeem Ayers has been flying around the field, so we could see him out there blitzing too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
So our DL looks like...

RE: Derrick Morgan, William Hayes, Jacob Ford
NT: Shaun Smith, Zach Clayton
UT: Jurrell Casey, Sen'Derrick Marks, Jovan Haye
LE: Jason Jones, Dave Ball, Karl Klug

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Looks like were about to lose Mouton for an extended amount of time.. IDK who our corners are behind the big 3 :/

Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am getting the impression we are going to move Spoon to MLB, Ayers at SLB and then Curran or McGrath at WLB? I like the idea of Spoon at MLB.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

My impression is that Ruud is playing middle while Spoon, Ayers, and McRath all stay outside. McCarthy could figure into the middle eventually depending on how good he actually is.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think it'll end up Spoon at WLB with Curran backing him up, Ruud at MIKE with McCarthy backing him up, and Gerald McRath at SLB with Ayers backing him up. I think Ayers has the best chance of seeing playing time among the backups, considering he's probably the best pass-rusher of the group and he's been playing lights out in camp. He could even supplant McRath as the starter.

But if there's an injury, it can have a ripple effect through the group. If, say, Ruud is injured, I think they'd shift McRath inside rather than have just McCarthy step up. Then put Ayers as the starting SLB, so you have the 3 best LB's on the field. I'd say put Spoon at MIKE rather than McRath, but then you'd have to move McRath to WLB so Ayers can take over SLB, which is shifting the ENTIRE group rather than a few, and honestly I'm not sure if the difference between Spoon and McRath at MIKE would be that noticeable.

I'll warm up to the McCarthy pick someday, and but for Ayers I've gone from, "Sweet, great value, tons of talent, AND FINALLY pass-rush ability!" to "OMGBEAST!" Dude just needs to keep putting in 100% effort wise, which was his issue coming out. He can play like Von Miller one play and take the next play off.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

This was a rather interesting tweet:

Quote:
Jim Wyatt- Nice break-up by Gerald McRath at the goal-line. Looks like McRath and Witherspoon will battle it out for OLB starting spot

Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

McRath definitely fits better as a run and hit weakside backer. Hope Ayers gets the other side locked down and leaves no doubts if he should be starting or not.