Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-02-2011, 04:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
And thanks for the new avy TH!

Whole team played great tonight. Rookies look great, and the FA's seem to be ahead of some of the guys already on the roster. Can't wait to see CJ and Britt hit the field with the offense, and see how Gray mixes up the defense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jared Cook startable in fantasy in week one? I really don't feel like starting him if he's going to have 1 catch for 10 yards as the 2nd TE behind Stevens...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the starter. I'd definitely role with him in the flex if I were you. He's been featured pretty heavily in TC and the pre-season. No doubt he'll be our 2nd target in the passing game after Britt.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Hasselbeck was voted offensive team captain, Cortland Finnegan was voted defensive team captain, and Tim Shaw was voted special teams captain.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp JJ and Derrick Morgan are both out. yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offensive line is garbage, Chris Johnson runs with no authority and Matt Hasselbeck is being a *** in the pocket and checking down too quickly.

These are my doom and gloom anecdotes from this first half so far.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys! we suck!

Quote:
Old 09-11-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontaze does look good in a Titans uniform.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is sad to see how bad we have become. CJ pull the finger out man.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

It wasn't all bad, but still disappointing. I think we got caught up in how much better we looked in the preseason, but it goes to show you never know until its for keeps. I give brownie points to the defense for looking better after the half, but we need someone to step-up as a pass-rusher on the D-line (hopefully JJ or D-morg), and the stupid penalties were a killer. On the bright side it was the coaching staffs first game and Hass & the O should get better as time goes by.

Who knows, if we get a W against Baltimore next week we will all be singing a different tune.........I'm not holding my breath though.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
It wasn't all bad, but still disappointing. I think we got caught up in how much better we looked in the preseason, but it goes to show you never know until its for keeps. I give brownie points to the defense for looking better after the half, but we need someone to step-up as a pass-rusher on the D-line (hopefully JJ or D-morg), and the stupid penalties were a killer. On the bright side it was the coaching staffs first game and Hass & the O should get better as time goes by.

Who knows, if we get a W against Baltimore next week we will all be singing a different tune.........I'm not holding my breath though.
+1

Lots of teams looked poor today, and they didn't go through an entire scheme change on both offense and defense, along with a new HC overall, all after a lockout offseason.

Offense will have another week of practice with CJ and Britt. The defense has a week to get healthy, and I'm thinking we get JJ back next week.

Not expecting a win over a Baltimore team that just ***** slapped Pittsburgh, but definitely expecting a more precise one. Plus, J'Ville was an 8-8 team year than improved this offseason and didn't have the massive overhaul that the Titans did, so it's not like losing to them by 2 in Jax means it's time to hit the panic button.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointed for sure, need to have our D-Line healthy...it was looking bad out there.

Wasn't impressed with Hasselbeck, wanted Vince back really...I know, I know.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I didn't think he looked bad, but his deep ball is so terrible. The last deep pass wasn't the only one that was completely off the mark.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

After a day of cooling off imma gunna look at the brightside:

1) Tommie Campbell is a beastly beast of beastliness.

2) Kenny Britt should be amazing provided he stays healthy. Definitely one of the most talented receivers in the NFL.

3) It won't be as easy to run on the right side when JJ comes back (provided he can... well you know).

4)McCourtey looked good as the starter, even though he whiffed on some tackles.

5) Akeem Ayers looked really good, but made some rookie mistakes too.

6) Marc Mariani.

Also some things I think we need to do-

1) get Babineaux and Verner on the field more no matter what. I don't care that the Jags rushed a billion times, Babs and ATV are play makers and they can change the game at any moment.

2) Question Marks doesn't need to have more snaps than Klug, I don't care if he is bigger. Klug is stronger and the better player at this point.

3) Give Colin McCarthy more reps at MLB as the season goes on. Ruud obviously isn't the answer, even though he did make a couple of good stops. I'm not saying bench him now, but get the rook ready.

4) Share some of CJ2K's carries with Harper and Ringer. It is going to be a couple of more weeks until he is up to speed with the offense.

5) BENCH. EUGENE. *******. AMANO. AND. MOVE. LEROY. OVER. TO. GAURD. I don't give a **** if he knows the line calls, he is terrible. The wizard Mike Otto or Byron Stingily are much better options IMO.

6) Work Jared Cook into the offense. We have to get him rolling, our offense can't afford not to.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jason Jones and Derrick Morgan have fully participated in practice for the past two days.

Williams Hayes was limited on Wednesday, and didn't even participate today. He has a shoulder injury.

Chris Hope has a shoulder injury too, and he hasn't practiced for the past two days.

Damian Williams has also sat out the past two days with a hamstring injury.

Thankfully the two guys we need most are ready, but it sucks to have yet another DE sustain an injury. Sucks Hope hurt his shoulder, but we at least have great depth there with Babineaux, who could start in his place. No DWill could mean more opportunities for Cookie.

We also worked out some FA DE's, including Everette Brown and Aaron Maybin. I'd just as much rather bring Pannel Egboh up from the PS, though.

- Injury report per TitansOnline

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I still don't understand why Harris isn't our center. Amano blows and Harris killed it at center against the Ravens in that playoff game in 09. Move him to center and draft DeCastro dammit.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I'm all in favor of kicking either Stingily or Otto to gaurd and taking our chances. I even thought Kevin Matthews looked better than Amano.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We have Fernando Velasco. He's our top G/C backup, and would replace either Harris/Amano/Scott if one got hurt. He started 3 games last year and did well, including a start at LG against the Cowboys where VY and Britt raped Mike Jenkins and co.

Munch got asked about the performance of Harris and Amano against J'Ville, and he basically said while they did ok in pass-pro, there weren't enough rushing plays to accurately gauge their run-pro performance. Bleh.

The only good thing about Ngata's future rape of Eugene Amano is that it may be so embarrassing, they'll be forced to bench him. I think a combo of Harris/Velasco would be worth trying, as it'd improve the size up front since Velasco is 6'4, 312 to Amano's 6'3, 300. Harris is 6'3, 303.

On the brighter side of things, it looks like Cary Williams - yes, our Cary Williams - will be the Ravens' #1 CB on Sunday after rookie CB Jimmy Smith suffered a high ankle sprain last week. Behind him they have Lardarius Webb, Chris Carr, the ghost of Domonique Foxworth, and rookie Chimdi Chekwa.

Ya gotta think our boy, who is #4 in yards, #2 in YPC, #2 in longest reception, t-5th in YAC, t-4th in 1st downs, and t-1st in TD's is salivating. I say spread 'em out with Britt, Cookie, Washington, and CJ and Mariani in the slots (and DWill if his hammy holds). If the Ravens blitz, it leaves their CB's in 1-on-1 situations. If they don't, then Hass will have more time to pick apart the secondary (if he's actually able to take advantage, that is). Times like these will be when having Locker's mobility will be major, as he can just rollout or bootleg to make up for Ngata collapsing the pocket.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hope is officially out vs the Ravens. Babineaux will start in his place. -Yahoo! Sports

Gotta say I'm pretty comfortable with Babs in, but I saw him bounce off a few guys in the preseason, so him at SS against Ray Rice is slightly worrisome. But he could be good at covering Rice out of the backfield. Kinda wonder if we'll see Griffin at the LOS more than Babs, though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

This is going to mean the end of Chris Hope TH. :(

Quote:
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

TH now = TitanBabineaux
Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

You two are unbraylievable!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I lol'ed...
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I actually once asked to have my name changed to TitanLegend. It was right after McNair died, and I wanted the name change and a CUT that said "RIP Air McNair" to commemorate him. Kinda like what Ghettosermon did when he changed to STRIP.

But I'm glad JBond never responded, for TH is eternally awesome!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the advantage of the word hope is that it doesn't necessarily relate to Chris Hope, just a general year on year hope that we succeed.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote